2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking through the sale titles, and every listing has this below the prices:

"Pro members get $5 off a single in-stock physical item valued $4.99 or more. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid online ONLY!"

Any clue what that is/how long it's valid? It's not just the $5 monthly Pro cert, it is?

Just found out my local store reopened for curbside pickup. I’m in California. None of the employees went back to work, so a new manager is running the store for now. Corporate really does not give a shit at this point.

Just found out my local store reopened for curbside pickup. I’m in California. None of the employees went back to work, so a new manager is running the store for now. Corporate really does not give a shit at this point.
Best Buy does curb side pickup as well no one complains about them

Because Best Buy actually sells stuff for teleworking people. Stuff like USB hubs and webcams were sold out locally a couple weeks ago. Not sure if they still are.

Just looking through the sale titles, and every listing has this below the prices:

"Pro members get $5 off a single in-stock physical item valued $4.99 or more. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid online ONLY!"

Any clue what that is/how long it's valid? It's not just the $5 monthly Pro cert, it is?
That's your pro cert

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Best Buy does curb side pickup as well no one complains about them
Can we stop this comparison? No matter how much they try to claim it, GameStop doesn’t sell anything that is needed for people to work from home. Not only that, Best Buy didn’t close all their stores in a state and then decide to reopen even though the stay-at-home order hasn’t been lifted.

They also sell appliances. Fridges, microwaves. Toaster ovens, vacuum cleaners... Legit stuff that people might actually *need*.
People can easily order these products online and it shipped

I ordered ink at bb they said no contact, open trunk or back window...worker came to my window no mask no gloves n asked me for my order number then handed me my item. It’s the same thing as goin into the store to me.

Best Buy n GameStop are in the same boat here...just people love to hate GameStop cause they got ripped off when they were 12 trading in games

I wonder if GS will even last past this. One of my sources claims that GS may not "officially" open up again and are doing whatever they can to clear out remaining inventory and make profit. He said this is why they have no returns allowed right now while other reliable retailers (Best Buy) do and why they are putting some popular games that they have overstock of for sale (like the Switch games).

The returns thing means they will try to sell off defective used product and "accidentally" send wrong product and say sorry, no returns or exchanges to a certain percentage of customers. So if you get a scratched game, a wrong game, etc. it may be intentional to try to clear crap out that they otherwise can't sell.

My source also claims they're going to attempt to scam a certain percentage of people out of preorders and it's also why they won't be getting extra copies of games in stock. In fact, my source says they will be getting in LESS copies than preordered because they anticipate ripping some people off and getting away with it after filing for bankruptcy or going out of business.
I don't know about your source.

Gamestop isn't the only store not allowing returns right now. Target and Kroger (actually many grocery stores) are not accepting returns right now.

Many places are having sales right now to clear out inventory due to people not impulse buying in store. Hell, Best Buy has Kingdom Hearts 3 on sale for $10 right now. They also put LEGO Collection on sale for $15. Dell.com is actually having a lot of stuff for 50% off. Not small items too, 5.1 speakers and 4K monitors for 50% off. Everyone is trying to clear out stock.

afaik, returns may still be accepted online for Gamestop.com. But what you're suggesting is fraud. Even if Gamestop accidentally sent the wrong items to customers, if they did so on such a large scale and didn't allow refunds or returns, they open themselves up to some big legal troubles. Not legal troubles with customers, but the state attorney.

Sorry but your "source" sounds like a crock of shit. I feel like you're just angry at Gamestop for some reason and attempting to spread lies. Nice try I guess but yeah, you're crazy.

Can you please stop making this thread political? All of the people complaining about GS being open are hypocrites because I bet they're using phones and computers made in third world sweatshops where the people are treated like modern day slaves. People whining about boycotting GS because they chose to stay open but won't boycott Apple who treats their employees in China like slaves because it's virtue signaling and easy to boycott a store that everyone agrees sucks but it's hard to stop using your iPhone. The same GS employees who are whining endlessly are posting pictures of themselves using technology made by people in far worse conditions than them. Why don't they boycott those companies? Because it's easy to be an internet SJW for trendy things.
Shut up Dave. Nobody wants your long winded posts in here.

I am not the one claiming this, my source is. I am not angry at GS more than any store. But read between the lines and use some thinking skills. GME stock is almost at zero. The other retailers you mentioned are doing very well. I don't have any anger towards GS, but I'm also not foolish enough to have any trade credit or preorders at a retailer that could declare bankruptcy or close down any week now.
Read between the lines? You think an international company is going to commit fraud despite having some of their highest revenue earnings in years due to this? Even factoring in their low stock numbers, you really believe that. Ok.

I mean, I can get why Aircobra is upset but I don't think he should continue to force his political opinions on everyone. I'm in California, not too far from where he lives and was forced to temporarily close my bailbonds business because the courts are closed anyway. But I'm not going to act holier than thou to essential businesses that decided not to close.
Holy shit, you have mental issues. Instead of coming here every week just to get your account banned, I suggest you seek medical help. Thinking you know where I live is fucking creepy.

People can easily order these products online and it shipped

I ordered ink at bb they said no contact, open trunk or back window...worker came to my window no mask no gloves n asked me for my order number then handed me my item. It’s the same thing as goin into the store to me.

Best Buy n GameStop are in the same boat here...just people love to hate GameStop cause they got ripped off when they were 12 trading in games
lmaoooo

I dunno about other peoples, but I think most white collar workers forced to work from home like me were allowed to come back to work and pickup work equipment like Monitors/KB/Mice, and some even came back to grab their chairs. (I invested in an Aeron chair back in 2004 when I was playing WoW, and it's still sitting on it today)

My personal opinion in these days of shelter at home, entertainment in the form of video games and TV is also essential. So I'm fine with the whole curb side pickup "compromise". 

I went back to GameStop to talk about final fantasy 7 and they told me to leave, I pre ordered a copy. These people just don’t care about business. I have never seen a business not give two sticks what happens to them.

I dunno about other peoples, but I think most white collar workers forced to work from home like me were allowed to come back to work and pickup work equipment like Monitors/KB/Mice, and some even came back to grab their chairs. (I invested in an Aeron chair back in 2004 when I was playing WoW, and it's still sitting on it today)

My personal opinion in these days of shelter at home, entertainment in the form of video games and TV is also essential. So I'm fine with the whole curb side pickup "compromise".
They let everyone in our office do this. Many of the younger staff went back home to stay with their parents since the city is basically dead.

Just did the "curbside" thingy. It was painless, but I feel a little guilty buying something so trivial in the midst of everything going on

My FF7 Deluxe Edition shipped via the email method from in store preorder.
Same. Plus some premium thing that doesn’t have a picture.

For whatever reason they created 2 orders even though I only had one preorder. The other order is ‘awaiting product availability’ though.

What email method did you guys use, it says out of stock when I click on the email I did in store pre order but my store is closed

I just had 2 in store rewards just disappear from my account one for $25 and one for $10... im guessing there was a use by date that passed.

Me too, I ordered two deluxe editions and only got one premium shipping, hopefully it’ll have two shinra keys
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What email method did you guys use, it says out of stock when I click on the email I did in store pre order but my store is closed
If you preordered in store and paid it off fully Gamestop sent an email if you prefer to get it shipped instead of waiting for the store to preorder. You just follow the steps on the email and it came up as an order on the Gamestop website.

^I never got any steps. They sent an email saying I could opt to have it shipped, but they gave no instructions to do so.

And depending on how big the Persona 5 Steelbook edition is, I may not even be able to have it shipped. My apartment building office isn't accepting packages at the moment, and I work during the day so I can't get it directly. Feels like I'm just 100% screwed on this one.

When you click on the $4.99 for WWE 2k20 it takes you to the page where the game is $19.99.
Strange, mine shows "Sponsored" on it. Assume it was a ploy to get you to click on it to take you to another page, but it doesn't. It takes you to the game page but seeing 19.99.

^I never got any steps. They sent an email saying I could opt to have it shipped, but they gave no instructions to do so.

And depending on how big the Persona 5 Steelbook edition is, I may not even be able to have it shipped. My apartment building office isn't accepting packages at the moment, and I work during the day so I can't get it directly. Feels like I'm just 100% screwed on this one.
Mine isn’t either so I’ve been receiving packages Infront of my door instead off in the apartment office

Received 2 "new" opened games. One of the cases is noticeably beat and the games were inside a white GS sleeve. WTF. fuck GS like really if it wasn't for the $5 coupon I wouldn't have even bothered as Amazon a couple hours later had the same prices

Can anyone tell me how to use the power up certificate for an online order?  I tried entering in the code on the coupon but it didn't work.  Even though the coupon says "Online only" it doesn't really explain how to do so. 

Received 2 "new" opened games. One of the cases is noticeably beat and the games were inside a white GS sleeve. WTF. fuck GS like really if it wasn't for the $5 coupon I wouldn't have even bothered as Amazon a couple hours later had the same prices

Buying anything from lamestop is always the wrong answer.

Is it worth buying the deal of the last vr headset? I only on the camera and no move controller. I’m not even sure if the PS4 pro has a camera slot.

Probably looking to get astro bot Skyrim and doom vr. I already have re 7

Is it worth buying the deal of the last vr headset? I only on the camera and no move controller. I’m not even sure if the PS4 pro has a camera slot.

If you have to ask, the answer is no. But really only you can decide what is worth your money or trade credit.

Given GameStop's reputation for "refurbishing" items, and this is a VR headset, I'd have a hard time imagining that you'll get anything other than a hassle delivered to your door.

If you do buy it, check the lenses for scratches after you're done cleaning it and replacing the pads...

I was going to jump on the PSVR deal, but I'm not sure it is much of a deal.  $100 for the refurb, which is YMMV in quality, then you still need a camera which is in the $40 used/refurb/ebay territory.  Then to get the full experience, you need 2 PS Moves, which are around $40 EACH in the used/refurb/ebay territory, and the ebay ones tend to be the PS3 versions with old charge ports and batteries.

Ends up coming to the typically discounted price of new bundles, but without any games.  I could see this worth it for someone who has the V1 headset and wants to upgrade to the V2.  Anyway, I cancelled my order that I impulse bought.  I'll wait for a bundle at $200, or a slicker deal on a headset.  I could sit around and wait for camera/move deals, but those are far and few between.

That's all that needs to be said on this deal as far as I am aware.

Frankly, i cannot fathom why anyone would purchase anything from gamestop, knowing how awful the website it, how likely it is that they will get a piece of trash sent to them and how hard it world be to return anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back