2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frankly, i cannot fathom why anyone would purchase anything from gamestop, knowing how awful the website it, how likely it is that they will get a piece of trash sent to them and how hard it world be to return anything.
Thanks guys, scared me off the GameStop the headset. I’ll wait for a $200 sale like the other poster said.

Frankly, i cannot fathom why anyone would purchase anything from gamestop, knowing how awful the website it, how likely it is that they will get a piece of trash sent to them and how hard it world be to return anything.
Since lockdown, I bought a red/blue switch, animal crossing NH, switch pro controller, link enhanced controller, joy-con charger, Persona 5 Royal. Everything came fast and brand new.

Only issue I had was calling to get certs switch to points (2 hours) and my Persona 5 came in a padded envelope that had tracks on it from what looked like a cart ran over it.

I used the app and website and used numerous gift cards, points and certs.

Granted I bought new release games. Not ones that have been out awhile, so less likely to get a open copy.

I got a like new Zelda Wii U with games on it a 32 GB ipod touch red that was mint and many more things in the past too.

I would be worried buying used with the stores not open though.

Is it worth buying the deal of the last vr headset? I only on the camera and no move controller. I’m not even sure if the PS4 pro has a camera slot.

Probably looking to get astro bot Skyrim and doom vr. I already have re 7
Worth it for Astro Bot and Moss alone. $99 is a great price especially if you already have the camera. Move is nice, but not necessary for many games including Astro and Moss. I'd say do it.

Can anyone tell me how to use the power up certificate for an online order? I tried entering in the code on the coupon but it didn't work. Even though the coupon says "Online only" it doesn't really explain how to do so.
There are a few exceptions I found out after I claimed one ($50 online cert). It excludes bundles which I tried to apply to the Switch bundle last week. However, the $5 monthly PUR worked on the bundle, go figure. Ended up grabbing the BFII PS4 pro to tide me over to when the PS5 comes out later this year, then I'll trade it in, hopefully for $200-250 TIV for the PS5.

Not to throw fuel on the fire but I had my final gamestop experience 2 weeks ago.

Went to gamestop #1. Store was locked. They let me in. Told me not to touch anything and they needed to know what I wanted. Told them what what I was looking for but it was only in stock at gamestop #2 20 minutes away. They agreed to hold it for me.

Drive to gamestop #2. Gamestop 2 will not let me inside and will not acknowledge the game is being held for me. Tells me to order online and pickup in store. This isn't possible because the site shows the game oos. Manager tells me to "keep trying every hour". I already drove here specifically for this game...After an hour in the parking lot I give up and go home.

Next day, game becomes available to purchase online and pickup in store at gamestop #2. I order the game and pay. I call the store and inform them I bought the game online and I'm the same guy who has the copy being held from yesterday. They acknowledge this. I get to the store. They will not give me the game because the order "has not shown up and been fulfilled yet." I leave to to shopping. I go home. 3 hours pass. I call the store and they tell me I still have to wait for the order to be fulfilled.

3 days pass.

They cancel my order via email.

This was a birthday gift for my nephew.

Never again.

Redeemed points for a $15 online only coupon on 3/20 and it's coming up as invalid now. Waiting on hold with customer service. No expiration date listed anywhere.

Bought a preowned console online and it wont read discs. Anyone ever have luck getting a prepaid return package label from GS? Normally I return defective online in store but all the stores here are closed until at least May

Every retailer asks you to wait until you get pickup confirmation before going to the store. You wouldn't have had a better experience at Best Buy.
Objection!!!!

I ordered a store pickup of a game from a Best Buy knowing they had it in stock, and that I was headed that way later in the day. I get there and they tell me the pickup isn’t ready because the copy I’m getting is being shipped to them from a warehouse. They couldn’t just give me the copy that was in store.

So they had me cancel the order and just buy the copy they already had on the spot.

Still waiting for FF7. Made a post on the local facebook I'd pay up to $200 for a copy today. Let's see what happens. Gamestop being slow with this.

Friday gotta pick up my delxue edition from them.

That was before coronavirus. You would've been out of luck just like the previous poster since Best Buy only does curbside delivery now too.
Well, it gets stranger. Best Buy does curbside *returns* now too. I ordered a Labo kit for my kid and they shipped me the wrong kit. One of the resolutions they offered me was to do a curbside return. We decided to just keep the wrong kit. PITA, but a real privilege to have this as a "problem" right now.

FYI - Had a partially paid in-store AC preorder and customer service took my info and said I'll get an email in the next few days about opting to get a refund.

FYI - Had a partially paid in-store AC preorder and customer service took my info and said I'll get an email in the next few days about opting to get a refund.
nothing for me, I have partial deposits on both AC and Doom. I'm just going to wait it out unless I get bored and want to wait an hour or two on the phone.

I’m sick of GameStop, I went back for the 5th time to talk about my preorder and they acted like I had antlers sticking out my feet. They said for me to call there hotline, and I said to the associate go suck a lemon and did circles around the parking lot screaming BANKRUPT GAMESTOP BANKRUPT GAMESTOP

I’m sick of GameStop, I went back for the 5th time to talk about my preorder and they acted like I had antlers sticking out my feet. They said for me to call there hotline, and I said to the associate go suck a lemon and did circles around the parking lot screaming BANKRUPT GAMESTOP BANKRUPT GAMESTOP
Dave is hacking into people’s accounts now. The madness never ends!

So I’ve been out of the loop for awhile. Is GameStop flipping dead at this point or is their any options to work this online only and is it worth it? Not asking for anyone’s hard earned info, just wondering if it’s feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I’ve been out of the loop for awhile. Is GameStop flipping dead at this point or is their any options to work this online only and is it worth it? Not asking for anyone’s hard earned info, just wondering if it’s feasible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well seeing as trade-ins are shutdown indefinitley flipping is gonna be dead for awhile

I am sorry to hear about other people's issues with GS.  Maybe I have been luckier than others, but I have to say that overall they have treated me pretty well.  Here are a couple of recent examples:

I had a preorder at my local store for Persona 5 Royal (just $5 down).  I didn't want to chance a pickup with the current pandemic, so I just preordered it online for shipping.  I was fortunate to get the game delivered to me on release day with no issues.

Then I was able to use the April $5 cert and the $10 cert for preordering/buying Persona 5 Royal to order 3 preowned games online.  I ordered them on Saturday, April 4th and got them delivered to me yesterday.  All 3 games were complete with cases/artwork.

Gamestop has funded my gaming habit for a long time, and I am looking forward  to using my accumulated credit on next gen consoles when the time comes.  I would be sad to see them shut down, so hopefully that does not happen for quite a while.  Whether other's experiences have been all positive or not, it's always good to have competition in the gaming market.

Aircobra but I like physical, I like the touch and feel of the game in my mitts, digital just doesn’t do anything for me just thinking about a physical copy puts my brain into overdrive.

Gamestop has funded my gaming habit for a long time, and I am looking forward to using my accumulated credit on next gen consoles when the time comes. I would be sad to see them shut down, so hopefully that does not happen for quite a while. Whether other's experiences have been all positive or not, it's always good to have competition in the gaming market.
I would strongly suggest not holding on to that much credit....enough to buy next gen consoles. I don’t know how long GS will be open, but have it on VERY good authority that it’s very unlikely they will continue to honor trade in credit after they announce closure. In no way would I hold on to that much trade credit,

I only had around $300 and used it to buy Netflix and eshop credit when this all started.

Buying anything from lamestop is always the wrong answer. [/quote]

Hence why other people who are more serious with their money stop shopping there. How do you sell new games as open. There's no excuse for that

Buying anything from lamestop is always the wrong answer.

Hence why other people who are more serious with their money stop shopping there. How do you sell new games as open. There's no excuse for that
And smart people shop their because they aren’t spending actual money on their gaming habit. There’s no excuse for that.

I would strongly suggest not holding on to that much credit....enough to buy next gen consoles. I don’t know how long GS will be open, but have it on VERY good authority that it’s very unlikely they will continue to honor trade in credit after they announce closure. In no way would I hold on to that much trade credit,

I only had around $300 and used it to buy Netflix and eshop credit when this all started.
Definitely see your point about not holding onto a bunch of credit. I have been in more of a GS credit spending mode recently, partly because of all the talk I have seen about their possible demise.

Hopefully they will be around long enough for me to take advantage of a good trade in deal for a PS5, but who knows, these are crazy times. I should probably try to move some credit to Amazon or Best Buy. However, I am too lazy and have been playing games instead, haha.

If your next console is in the Xbox family, I’d cash in GameStop credit toward Xbox credit.
Came here to say this, I converted all of mine to Microsoft and Amazon. I've been building a new computer with the Amazon and plan on getting Series X with the Microsoft credit. Hopefully selling my XB1X and PS4 Pro will get me close to funding a PS5.

Well, I tried their leave a web message and got nothing back. Please let us know if they actually get back to you.
Will do. The rep said the district managers are supposed to be handling the refunds. Maybe they're dragging their feet to help their numbers? Who knows.

How would one go about doing that and do others think that GameStop will be closing down indefinately?
Buy Xbox/Microsoft credit from GameStop.com using your trade credit. Nobody knows the future of GameStop or any other business.

Every retailer asks you to wait until you get pickup confirmation before going to the store. You wouldn't have had a better experience at Best Buy.
Must have missed the several other issues I had with them, the poor communication, and inconsistency in policy. Never had a cs issue with bestbuy- which is why my money will continue to go there.

Just picked up my ffvii preorder I paid in full from GameStop . I called as soon as they opened and he said they got the okay to sell it two minutes ago. Enjoy!

Redeemed for a $5 online cert yesterday, points were taken out, but I don't have the cert. Awesome.
Go to your digital locker (my account > drop down menu at the top > digital locker). They don’t make that clear at all but I was able to find mine there.

Can you use power up rewards gift cards on digital credit like eshop and xbox?
We need to put the answer to this in the title. I realize it sounds like I'm being snarky - but I've seen a bazillion people ask this question and tbh I don't even know the answer to it myself lmao.

And smart people shop their because they aren’t spending actual money on their gaming habit. There’s no excuse for that.
Pretty much this. Gamestop for the few games I want to own, and Amazon for as much other stuff. I'm to the point of buying stuff more expensive + waiting a week for amazon than paying out of pocket at walmart or wherever. :)

Just picked up my ffvii preorder I paid in full from GameStop . I called as soon as they opened and he said they got the okay to sell it two minutes ago. Enjoy!
Also picked up FF7 Remake without issue. They will also ring stuff up for you in-store if you know exactly what you want (for those that live in states that don't pay tax on trade credit purchases O:) )

Just got my delivery of RE2 that I ordered New off the site 2 days ago (super fast shipping - yay!)....open case with New sticker stuck to the case, and the disc in a paper sleeve. Only paid around $10 after the monthly Pro cert and a $10 online cert, but still.

As soon as I opened the mailer and saw the condition of my New game, my wife asked me why I continue to give GS money - I had no valid response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back