2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and ordered 12 $9.99 games too - ~$3 a game is pretty great!

I already got a shipping e-mail for 2 of them - here's hoping the rest actually ship/have cases.

Anybody receive their 5$ certs from the "spend over 50$ on pre-owned" promo from Pro Day yet? The fine print apparently said 7 business days so there is still some time.
I got mine today (4/24) but I can't get either one to work online - they seem to be in-store coupons that expire tomorrow.
Plus I tried to redeem a $15 online cert yesterday and that doesn't work either! FFS Gamestop...

Am I correct in assuming that basically everything ordered on pro day has been delayed for everyone? I have a PS4 Pro refurb and like 9 games that have ALL been "preparing for shipment" for the better part of 5 days...
I ordered 7 games with the free shipping option on Pro Day and received them all on Tuesday.

CAG16 is done now...but it was live for about 14 hours.  That's gotta be a record since Gamestop started clamping down it during sales.  

Got my 12 in before they pulled the CAG16 out. Had most of the $9.99 games I wanted from all the previous 4 for $20 deals but I managed to find 12 that I didn't have that I at least have some passing interest in. Rounds out to $38, So pretty good haul. Here's hoping at least half comes complete with the original case.

Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun

Nobunaga's Ambition: Ascension

Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

The Surge

Fallout 76

Battlefield 4

DRIVECLUB

Song of the Deep
Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition

Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku!

18/24 Shipped so far; 

UglyDolls* :ps4:

Evil Within 2 :xb1:

Valkyia Revolution :ps4:

Syberia 3 :xb1:

Left Alive :ps4:

The Surge :ps4:

UFC 2 :ps4:

Just Cause 3 :ps4:

COD: AW :pS4

LIS: Before the storm :xb1:

Mafia III :pS4

Dead Rising HD :xb1:

Dead Rising 2 HD :xb1:

The Girl and the Robot  :ps4:

Guilty Gear Xrd  :ps4:

This is the Police 2  :ps4:

Alekine's Gun  :ps4:

Super Dungeon Bros :pS4:

*Easy Platinum  :beer:  

Wasn't the DOTD Nintento Switch controller the black Power A one or did I miss something?

Just got mine and it's a mario one

Already had most if not all of those games I wanted. Plus don’t wanna add more games I’m not even interested in to my backlog. When Black Friday starts, I won’t even be done with my backlog then ps5 comes out. I guess it lasted so long cuz GameStop’s trying to get rid of them games. Probably sending out caseless games or with generic cases which I hate. Hope that’s not the case for anyone though

I ordered borderlards 3 and Mortal kombat 11 last week and I got a gaming headset by mistake.

has this happened to you before?

how do you deal with stupidity like this? 

if I call customer service will they believe me?

thanks in advance.

BTW my 5$ certs showed up today. They say they are "(Rewards cash from 3/28)" which is not accurate, and they have an expiration date of today. Oh, and I didn't get as many as I should have. Is there a max number of Active Offers that you can have at once and anything beyond that limit is wasted or something?

Not sure if gamestop is being nice or just a coincidence. Had 4220 points, after my latest order got 780p, it's exactly 5000.

Does monthly cert stack with $5(5,000) cert?

Anyone figure out how to get a refund for a fully paid pre-order at a closed store (with no curbside pickup)?  I paid off RBI Baseball 20 right before the shutdown last month but didn't get a chance to grab it before the stores closed.  

Thanks in advance. 

Anyone figure out how to get a refund for a fully paid pre-order at a closed store (with no curbside pickup)? I paid off RBI Baseball 20 right before the shutdown last month but didn't get a chance to grab it before the stores closed.

Thanks in advance.
This has been talked about quite a few times. Unless you got an email from them, your money is tied up until your store opens back up.

BTW my 5$ certs showed up today. They say they are "(Rewards cash from 3/28)" which is not accurate, and they have an expiration date of today. Oh, and I didn't get as many as I should have. Is there a max number of Active Offers that you can have at once and anything beyond that limit is wasted or something?
Same here - I'm assuming this was the one we were supposed to get for spending $50+ on preowned during Pro Day - but as you said it expires tomorrow, and I have yet been able to apply it to anything.

I noticed that my GS account still show a $5 credit for the month of April even though I already redeemed it. I tried using that credit but it wouldn’t work.  It has the same bar code #, so it must be a glitch.

what's everyones experience with ordering preowned ps4/xbox one games on gamestop? do you usually get the cases or is it often disc only?

It's definitely a crap shoot. Recent games are more likely to come with the case.
Yeah it's extremely random. Even with new games I've gotten a couple with the dreaded black case, and then in the same shipment I got Nier for the 360 complete with manual.
The recent months long 4 for $20 made finding anything I didn't have really difficult but at $3 a game I took a chance to see if i find anything that i wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Let's see what condition they come in.
As for new games I got lucky last time i ordered, all 6 came sealed.

It's definitely a crap shoot. Recent games are more likely to come with the case.
Yeah it's extremely random. Even with new games I've gotten a couple with the dreaded black case, and then in the same shipment I got Nier for the 360 complete with manual.
The recent months long 4 for $20 made finding anything I didn't have really difficult but at $3 a game I took a chance to see if i find anything that i wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Let's see what condition they come in.
As for new games I got lucky last time i ordered, all 6 came sealed.

Aww I guess I missed out on the buy 2 get 3 fun.  Oh well the only title I wanted was monster hunter world really anyway out of the stuff in stock. That and maybe lost child since it seems interesting though I'm not a fan of first person combat.

Thanks for the heads up, got my order in about an hour ago. 12 $9.99 preowned games, 8 were discounted to zero, CAG16 discount on 3, total came out to $37.27 after tax with the free shipping. I did not use my $5 monthly discount since it took the total under $35 and charged $4 for shipping. I figure this deal is worth a gamble at just over $3 per game (if they all actually ship!).

All XB1:

Mortal Kombat X
Walking Dead: New Frontier
Dead Rising 2 HD
Mega Man Legacy Collection
We Happy Few
Dead Rising HD
RiME
Mafia III
Wolfenstein: Old Blood
Gears of War 4
Tales from the Borderlands
Dead Rising 3

Time to see how this bet pays off....
Got the shipping confirmation emails yesterday. Mega Man is coming from Danville VA and the other 11 from Jackson MS.

Anyone having problems applying reward certificates to an online order, keep getting the message "coupon cannot be added to your cart".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ordered yesterday:
Days Gone
Fist of the North Star
Man of Medan

Games already arrived today. I'm surprised, it was basically 1 day shipping.

last week I ordered 2 new games and by mistake they sent me a gaming head set.

I was on the phone on hold for 2 hours and I gave up.

I wrote an email to them but still no reply.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

thanks
Stay on the line and dont hang up.

Add me to the others that cannot get an online coupon code to work.  I'm thinking because of the Buy 2 Get 2 and Buy 2 Get 1 Free that all coupons have been fubared until the sales are over.  Not like I'm dying to buy Fallout 76 so I will wait but I can't wait to get rid of the rest of my trade credit & call it a day with GameStop.

My last store pickup had the Store Manager yelling at me to keep a six feet distance when I attempted to grab the bag at the door.  They had a box set up at the door with a sign stating 'Place Credit Cards Here' that I had no clue was the place they were dropping the bag for my order.  She was decked out with gloves & a medical grade mask.  Tired of having to deal with the finicky nature of the website & the store in general (trade credit be damned...)

Is it possible to buy game consoles at all from GS right now? I've been looking to buy a cheap 360 as a backup console but every single listing on the site says "not available online" and "not available within 100 miles for pickup." I understand that we're in pandemic mode, I just find it weird that they're running promos for retro console bundles that can't be taken advantage of because I can't buy any of the products.

Is it possible to buy game consoles at all from GS right now? I've been looking to buy a cheap 360 as a backup console but every single listing on the site says "not available online" and "not available within 100 miles for pickup." I understand that we're in pandemic mode, I just find it weird that they're running promos for retro console bundles that can't be taken advantage of because I can't buy any of the products.
I wouldn’t buy a retro console from gamestop. Last few ones I got literally had roaches inside and were busted/making loud noises. I sent them back, and never got a refund after calling daily and spending over 2 hours on the phone each time. After a while, I just gave up.

thanks
I would make a couple of honest attempts to contact them. After that, contact your credit card bank and report the issue. I wouldn't wait on hold for hours, your bank should be able to just charge it back on them.

That said, your bank may be currently operating reduced service as well. Probably be best to do as much as possible in writing by email and keep records.

They are screwing us all with the preorders, they sent me an email stating I could either get a refund with the down payment I made and use it towards Final Fantasy but the link sends me to the game but it’s sold out, or they said I can wait until the store reopens, which most likely won’t happen and by then you think they will honor the bonuses and copies, I really doubt it. They should just let the people who preordered the game pay off the remainder and send the game to your home, they won’t lose a sale that way. I just want to be done with that store.

I went shopping at my local GameStop. I got some gems
thought you were done with that store after all your hardships......

Is anybody else seeing Predator: Hunting Grounds listed as $14.99 for deal of the day? I clicked on it to check it out and it goes up to the full $39.99 outside of the deal of the day section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back