2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do understand that that's WHY they didn't change the prices (B2G1) free? :)

They've always done this; they probably always will. They raise the prices before sales and then eventually lower them after they end.
I pin it more on gross incompetence. It's pretty much all you can count on for Gamestop. Just gotta be prepared to take advantage of it. I had made most of my purchases on Friday when cag16 was still active.

It's aggravating GS didn't change the preowned prices for some of the sports games on sale until today. NBA 2k20 and WWE 2k20 had preowned above their respective new prices on Sunday while the B2G1 was active. PS4 PES preowned was out of stock but now in-stock. Wonder where they're getting trade ins from suddenly.

Meanwhile, the advertised preowned sales haven't gone into effect. Last of Us Remastered and Madden 19 for xb1 are still at their normal prices....
I wouldn't give GS any credit for manipulative price strategies or a competent inventory system. My guess it that any windfall in their favor would be accidental. I mean, at times it is actually challenging to purchase from them...to the point I give up and buy from somewhere else.

It's aggravating GS didn't change the preowned prices for some of the sports games on sale until today. NBA 2k20 and WWE 2k20 had preowned above their respective new prices on Sunday while the B2G1 was active. PS4 PES preowned was out of stock but now in-stock. Wonder where they're getting trade ins from suddenly.

Meanwhile, the advertised preowned sales haven't gone into effect. Last of Us Remastered and Madden 19 for xb1 are still at their normal prices....
I mean technically they're cheaper now with CAG16 than they were with B2G1 Free for the Sports Titles. $15.95 times 3 = $47.85 compared to $27.99 times 2 = $55.98. You save an extra $8.13 buying them now compared to when they were B2G1 Free.

I mean technically they're cheaper now with CAG16 than they were with B2G1 Free for the Sports Titles. $15.95 times 3 = $47.85 compared to $27.99 times 2 = $55.98. You save an extra $8.13 buying them now compared to when they were B2G1 Free.
Pretty sure he meant he wanted to B2G1 at the typical "pre-owned a few bucks cheaper than new" price. Of course, had they been at that price they'd be OOS already. (I'm pretty sure Madden and NBA are OOS now). They were par flips for those that were bored and locked in a bunch of values last week at Amazon.

Maybe this Fri/Sat/Sun will be B2G1 for switch! :beer:

Pretty sure he meant he wanted to B2G1 at the typical "pre-owned a few bucks cheaper than new" price. Of course, had they been at that price they'd be OOS already. (I'm pretty sure Madden and NBA are OOS now). They were par flips for those that were bored and locked in a bunch of values last week at Amazon.

Yeah I knocked about 12 titles off my trade-in list.

It didn't even cross my mind to check if CAG16 is active again. Thanks.

Anyone have a guess to when they will be taking trades back in?  Looks like May 12th is when retail will open back up (at least here in Ohio).  I'm going to take a guess that we are in for some good trade in promotions soon... 

Anyone have a guess to when they will be taking trades back in? Looks like May 12th is when retail will open back up (at least here in Ohio). I'm going to take a guess that we are in for some good trade in promotions soon...
yeah inTX they can open up to 25% capacity on Friday. Idk

Anyone have a guess to when they will be taking trades back in? Looks like May 12th is when retail will open back up (at least here in Ohio). I'm going to take a guess that we are in for some good trade in promotions soon...
I'm going to guess you'd be wrong. They're not going to do any good trade promotions when over half their stores will still be closed or only doing curbside pickup.

My other 6 games just shipped. So far I only received one game, there's 2 packages arriving later on today.
Same here. Recieved one game cib and two more packages on the way with 6 and 5 games.
It's so true and ridiculous between what GameStop will give you compared to what they complain about when you trade a game in. They sent me a game that looked like somebody tied it to their feet and used it to ice skate but then they try to charge me a refurbish fee for a scratch that could barely be seen unless you flipped it in the light. Of course I had gotten the game from them in that condition in the first place.

Well got my order from the b2g1 and the box arrived completely smashed. Game cases were cracked and the Far Cry 5 disc is actually warped. This is a complete disaster - the funko collectors box was even smashed.

I mean buying a JFJ Easy Pro for $135 off of Amazon isn't that pricey. Then you can resurface whatever gets sent your way. Prevent refurb fees and minimize declines on Amazon trade-ins as well or even increase your resale value for your favorite marketplace. Can't see how that wouldn't be a good investment for the majority of people since flipping is a big deal here.

I know this may sound goofy, yet re-opening of retail does NOT mean stores are open, at least to the public. Most businesses will be curbside only per government mandates. Retail as you know it will not be the same for a long time, if ever.

I mean buying a JFJ Easy Pro for $135 off of Amazon isn't that pricey. Then you can resurface whatever gets sent your way. Prevent refurb fees and minimize declines on Amazon trade-ins as well or even increase your resale value for your favorite marketplace. Can't see how that wouldn't be a good investment for the majority of people since flipping is a big deal here.
I use my JFJ all the time. I buy my micro fiber towels at harbor freight and I use
Meguiar's G17220 Ultimate Compound for the polish. I never have to use anything more abrasive and I never get refurb fees.

Mine is new model and loud during FF7, and I’m going to clean the fan today but who actually says it “has to go” because of the noise? Lol. Turn up the volume or put on headphones, my wife can hear it from the other room but wouldn’t tell me to get rid of it.
I could understand getting annoyed if it was as loud as say a vacuum, but there's no way it gets that loud. Haven't played my ps4 pro in a while, but I highly doubt it gets any louder than my gaming PC with the GPU fans at full speed.

We got dB readings on this somewhere. Otherwise I call shenanigans.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/checkout/select-condition?ie=UTF8&asin=B07THWL2DZ&ece=&ref_=trade_btn_dpx_pc_1 - PS4 NBA 2k20 - $24.88 is better than a "Par" flip. Sale is on all week just wait for a restock. Or you could order new for slim margins.

Anyone know how they are handling cancelling pre-orders? Was sitting on a Resident Evil 3 pre-order and now I want to cancel. The store I pre-ordered at is closed down and other Gamestop locations can't cancel pre-orders from other stores.

Anyone know how they are handling cancelling pre-orders? Was sitting on a Resident Evil 3 pre-order and now I want to cancel. The store I pre-ordered at is closed down and other Gamestop locations can't cancel pre-orders from other stores.
This really needs to be on the front page. Your money is tied up until the store reopens for in-store customers, unless you got an email from GameStop giving you the option of a refund or to have it shipped to you.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/tradein/checkout/select-condition?ie=UTF8&asin=B07THWL2DZ&ece=&ref_=trade_btn_dpx_pc_1 - PS4 NBA 2k20 - $24.88 is better than a "Par" flip. Sale is on all week just wait for a restock. Or you could order new for slim margins.
Interesting, the currently value is higher about a dollar than it was last week, but I had a bunch of other games locked on that same order. I also I call "par" anything < 33% margin (ie - B2G1 or better) It's hard to keep a trade balance in these uncertain times and wait for the eventual B2G2 sale when the PS5/XB2 comes!

I don't think anyone should expect any trades in May. Maybe June at the earliest.
Depends on what state you're in. The stores open right now @ 25% occupancy or whatever will probably start taking trades / cash sometime in May is my guess.

I know this may sound goofy, yet re-opening of retail does NOT mean stores are open, at least to the public. Most businesses will be curbside only per government mandates. Retail as you know it will not be the same for a long time, if ever.
I think this just pushed the retail model more online faster than scheduled as seen in AMZN's price. Sadly am guessing some malls don't recover from this at all. But outdoor malls might make a comeback!

I wouldn’t buy a retro console from gamestop. Last few ones I got literally had roaches inside and were busted/making loud noises. I sent them back, and never got a refund after calling daily and spending over 2 hours on the phone each time. After a while, I just gave up.
Look, I get it's fun to dump on gamestop and they deserve some dumping on, but I've never seen a used console from them be anywhere near this bad of condition. Could this have happened? Sure, I've seen some dumb employees in retail. But even this seems like a stretch. Hell I've never seen roaches inside of any game console period or heard of it. And I once bought a modded 360 that was held together by duct-tape, so I've seen some ghetto crap.

Look, I get it's fun to dump on gamestop and they deserve some dumping on, but I've never seen a used console from them be anywhere near this bad of condition. Could this have happened? Sure, I've seen some dumb employees in retail. But even this seems like a stretch. Hell I've never seen roaches inside of any game console period or heard of it. And I once bought a modded 360 that was held together by duct-tape, so I've seen some ghetto crap.
I wasn’t dumping on gamestop, I was just warning him that if something is wrong with the system he will have a hard time getting his money back, especially since stores are closed. Heck, even a few posts ago someone had to dispute charges because gamestop only gave him his taxes back, which was exactly what happened to me.
But I forgot, you’ve never had a bad experience with them or seen any of this stuff, so it obviously must not be true.
Hey everyone, if you’ve had a bad experience, if Kanye hasn’t had the same you’re a big fat lier, because this guy has been through it all. *rolls eyes*

I’ve had a manager confirm that roaches in used console boxes happen. Be thankful you haven’t experienced it.

I wasn’t dumping on gamestop, I was just warning him that if something is wrong with the system he will have a hard time getting his money back, especially since stores are closed. Heck, even a few posts ago someone had to dispute charges because gamestop only gave him his taxes back, which was exactly what happened to me.
But I forgot, you’ve never had a bad experience with them or seen any of this stuff, so it obviously must not be true.
Hey everyone, if you’ve had a bad experience, if Kanye hasn’t had the same you’re a big fat lier, because this guy has been through it all. *rolls eyes*
And it's well know gamestop sucks stories are exaggerated beyond belief online. Just saying, it seems like this is more rare than common to find roaches in a console. But I forgot if it happened to Kpjcelj once then it will happen every single time

As someone who worked there for years, it is unfortunately not that uncommon to find roach/smoke ash filled systems. Mostly 360s from my experience. A typical practice seemed to be another store taking in a nasty console to boost their trade, then sending it to another store when a system is requested. Pretty bad.

And it's well know gamestop sucks stories are exaggerated beyond belief online. Just saying, it seems like this is more rare than common to find roaches in a console. But I forgot if it happened to Kpjcelj once then it will happen every single time
I was just warning him that there is a chance it can happen and he obviously will not get his money back if it does.
If he or anyone wants to spend their money at gamestop I literally do not care.
You’re being a jerk and people like you are part of the reason I’ve been a member for almost 10 years and have less than 100 posts, because I know contributing something, even if helpful is bound to attract trolls or argumentative people. So I will continue lurking as to not be attacked.

Ugh, I should have done it Sunday/Monday, but I was busy and now the items I wanted are not in stock anymore at one Gamestop...

Now I'm thinking of just cashing in all $10 worth of points and buying enough for free shipping.

Glad my Pro expires in August, I'll probably still shop there for collectibles and some games, but it really isn't worth it to me since I don't trade and have been cutting back on my spending.

Well got my order from the b2g1 and the box arrived completely smashed. Game cases were cracked and the Far Cry 5 disc is actually warped. This is a complete disaster - the funko collectors box was even smashed.
Maybe contact UPS about the damage. I recently filed a claim online with USPS for a damaged game from ebay and got a full refund in just a couple of days.

24/24 Shipped so far; 7/24 Received. 2/24 No case

UglyDolls* :ps4:

Evil Within 2 :xb1:

Valkyia Revolution :ps4:

Syberia 3 :xb1:

Left Alive :ps4:

The Surge :ps4:

UFC 2 :ps4:

Just Cause 3 :ps4:

COD: AW :pS4

LIS: Before the storm :xb1:

Mafia III :pS4:

Dead Rising HD :xb1:

Dead Rising 2 HD :xb1:

The Girl and the Robot :ps4: (broken case)

Guilty Gear Xrd :ps4:

This is the Police 2 :ps4: (broken case)

Alekine's Gun :ps4:

Super Dungeon Bros :ps4:

*Easy Platinum :beer:
Opened 3 packages today. Green and Red = titles received, green is complete, red is generic case.

You're the only one to whom this matters. none of this is indicative of what any one else who orders will get since games will come from random individual stores.
Not necessarily. I’m always curious on the amount of current gen games in universal cases. I figure every last gen game will come in one, but less expecting current to.

Roaches in systems are nothing new. Back when I worked for Sony PlayStation CS, there were PS1 systems that were sent in for repairs by the owner that had roaches in them. These would not be repaired due to infestation.

So my brother bought a PS4 used onljne, and it doesn’t work. He’s screwed coz he can’t return it until they start accepting returns right?

This stuff totally happens, between people living in sketchy apartments or dorms. I used to work at a retro store and folks from the nearby halfway house would constantly bring game systems that they clearly found in the trash for sale (that GameStop probably wouldn't take). We had a dedicated system cleaner and she found bugs in systems a lot and I straight up refused to take a GameCube once when I opened it and it was full of beetles.

Heck, I tried to buy an XB1 from HPB and promptly took it back within the hour when I noticed the fans were filled with what looked like GIANT bedbug shells. Turned me off of buying used hardware for a while

It happens way more than you think. A tenured employee can tell really fast by the smell or just looking at the system.

Of course bugs (especially roaches) get in lol. Must be pretty damn new to gaming if you haven't seen any. I buy and sell to build my collection all the time and find bug maybe 4/10 systems.

Also retail will be the exact same. My GameStop (which if you look at my history has always been right) said the moment Florida "opens"they will open looking like the 1st or 4th.

The local retro store opens the 4th.

The big question is trade's those no one has any idea.

Also retail will be the exact same. My GameStop (which if you look at my history has always been right) said the moment Florida "opens"they will open looking like the 1st or 4th.

The local retro store opens the 4th.

The big question is trade's those no one has any idea.
California stores have figured out trade's already. It's not that much different from a store that has trade holds due to local laws. The product has to be quarantined for 24 hours before they will inspect the trade ins, disinfected and then can be resold. Basically you bring in the games leave your name, number and the store calls you the following day with your trade credit or cash amount (suspended transaction) and invite you back to their store. This can even be done curbside.

11 PS4 games out for delivery today, will see how well I do with the original case lottery.  I would have expected (as other's pointed out) that current gen games would mostly have the cases, but this is gamestop we're talking about!

Maybe contact UPS about the damage. I recently filed a claim online with USPS for a damaged game from ebay and got a full refund in just a couple of days.
Good idea. I just tried and per UPS, my package is not qualified for claim and I have to handle with shipper.

Good idea. I just tried and per UPS, my package is not qualified for claim and I have to handle with shipper.
yes, a lot of UPS shipments are now subcontracted to USPS via SurePost. I had a package not show up from FYE (yes, they're still around and I had really old GC left to burn, much like how some here are doing with GS). Had to do a USPS claim if they didn't find it then send the result to FYE. After some confusion on their part, I was refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back