2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao that box. Packed to the limits with unsellable fortnite and overwatch trash.

Anyone actually buckle and get one? I feel like I should just to make a YouTube unboxing. I'd be willing to bet I didn't get a single item I cared about.

Edit: oh I see yall are tricky on that last page and figured it out already lol. Nice!

Lmao that box. Packed to the limits with unsellable fortnite and overwatch trash.

Anyone actually buckle and get one? I feel like I should just to make a YouTube unboxing. I'd be willing to bet I didn't get a single item I cared about.

Edit: oh I see yall are tricky on that last page and figured it out already lol. Nice!
I knew it would be trash as soon as I saw it. These things are everywhere at conventions and always boast "You could get a super expensive item!" The contents are always crap but people keep buying the damn things.

I knew it would be trash as soon as I saw it. These things are everywhere at conventions and always boast "You could get a super expensive item!" The contents are always crap but people keep buying the damn things.
People love to gamble! Why else buy from GameStop oline? You never know what you're going to get in the next order. Isn't pretty much any online order from them a mystery box?

So onljne $5 for the month just doesn’t work onljne? Wanted to use on Killer Queen Black but I guess $8 isn’t bad
Yeah the $5 Pro Rewards thing is a coup if you have to spend it in-store and the stores are all closed for quarantine.
Well played, Gamestop.
The $5 online PUR monthly coupon works on DOTD. You have to copy and paste the coupon code from your active offers.

jGwkkQH.jpg

Well had a online order come in and have an issue with a game.

Called customer service last night, option #3 for issues with an order... Over an hour later had to give up and hang up. I saw another post about calling the bank to do a stop payment. I have emailed them and plan to call again today. If I have no success, what's the odds the bank will help? Think it's ridiculous to have to spend hours on hold to resolve this.

Well had a online order come in and have an issue with a game.

Called customer service last night, option #3 for issues with an order... Over an hour later had to give up and hang up. I saw another post about calling the bank to do a stop payment. I have emailed them and plan to call again today. If I have no success, what's the odds the bank will help? Think it's ridiculous to have to spend hours on hold to resolve this.
What will happen is your bank will issue a chargeback and that will end up nuking your PUR account because the company doesn't want to do business with anyone willing to force a payment to be refunded in that manner. Do NOT do this until you are absolutely certain there is no other avenue. I had an issue with a game I bought last week not being the right game and I emailed them instead of calling and got a response the next day with a no hassle replacement for the game I was supposed to get sent out.

You got a fair point but he isn't alone. I was on hold for over 2 hours without response, sent a email and got nothing, and have sent a DM to their Twitter customer support without response. So I had to go the bank route as well.

What will happen is your bank will issue a chargeback and that will end up nuking your PUR account because the company doesn't want to do business with anyone willing to force a payment to be refunded in that manner. Do NOT do this until you are absolutely certain there is no other avenue. I had an issue with a game I bought last week not being the right game and I emailed them instead of calling and got a response the next day with a no hassle replacement for the game I was supposed to get sent out.

Thanks so much for the advise. I've had bad luck emailing in the past but will be patient. Appreciate the help!

The one time I had something similar happen was when I ordered a game and it never came with the others I ordered.  So when they sent me one of those how did you like whatever emails I left a review that I would have liked it had it actually been delivered.  That got removed but it also got their attention and they eventually gave me a refund.

Might not order from gamestop online anymore.

My order arrived today, 2 weeks after I ordered.

Ordered switch case/screen protector and game,

Got the game and a random blue shirt instead.

Not sure how they screwed it up, but hopefully don't have to bother sending it back.

Most of my haul from the b4g8 glitch (Medievil was not part of the deal and Rad Rogers missing from photo) ... Not sure I'd ever get this lucky again with original cases.

Most of my haul from the b4g8 glitch (Medievil was not part of the deal and Rad Rogers missing from photo) ... Not sure I'd ever get this lucky again with original cases.

[attachment=33973:IMG_20200503_102810362.jpg]

Thoughts on Mutant Football League?  I'm not really a football fan but I've been super interested in games like Blood Bowl but haven't really shelled out cash for them.

Bloodbowl is more turn-based while MLF is more like actual action-based football. It's pretty fun, though there is a slight bit of randomness to the game too. I have the PS4 version and am considering double dipping on this one.

24/24 Shipped so far; 13/24 Received. 4/24 No case

UglyDolls* :ps4:

Evil Within 2 :xb1:

Valkyia Revolution :ps4:

Syberia 3 :xb1:

Left Alive :ps4:

The Surge :ps4:

UFC 2 :ps4:

Just Cause 3 :ps4:

COD: AW :pS4

LIS: Before the storm :xb1:

Mafia III :ps4:

Dead Rising HD :xb1:

Dead Rising 2 HD :xb1:

The Girl and the Robot :ps4: (broken case)

Guilty Gear Xrd :ps4:

7This is the Police 2 :ps4: (broken case)

Alekine's Gun :ps4:

Super Dungeon Bros :ps4:

Fallout 76 :ps4:

Xcom2 :ps4:

Wolfenstien: The Old Blood :ps4:

Metal Gear Survive :ps4:

*Easy Platinum :beer:
Opened 2 packages yesterday. Green and Red = titles received, green is complete, red is generic case.

Used my April coupon on a Gear5 charge/battery station, surprisingly GS still had these instock and on sale.

Did I really miss a buy 4 get 8 glitch? Things like that only seem to happen when I take time away from the forums, so you're welcome if that's what happened. :p

I didn't fully understand how it worked when it happened, so I only ordered ten games. The CAGer in me is livid that I missed out on two free games.
Yea, the free games from one promo was considered "bought" by the other promo, so

B4G4 = B8G4 => B4G8

or

B4G2 = B6G6 => B4G8

:D/

$5 rewards cash from pro day 4/18 can be found in active offers if you spent 50 that day.

you'll lose $0.80 when applying in combination with cag16 as it reduces the price of the item before discount. 

$5 rewards cash from pro day 4/18 can be found in active offers if you spent 50 that day.

you'll lose $0.80 when applying in combination with cag16 as it reduces the price of the item before discount.
Was the rewards cash for games only? I bought the PS4 Pro and don’t have cash in my offers.

I didn't fully understand how it worked when it happened, so I only ordered ten games. The CAGer in me is livid that I missed out on two free games.
Some people were saying they added 10 games to their cart (with 6 free) and at the same time others were saying they added 12 games to their cart (with 8 free). I didn't really understand what was go on, but "when in doubt, go all out." So of course I tested it with 12 games and indeed it worked.

BTW at the last second I didn't order because I realized I was just hoarding and I've been trying to get rid of backlog, not add to it.

So me and a few people in my store just got laid off, i wonder if corporate is laying off a bunch of people or just my store. whichever way im gonna miss my 15% discount. 

I bought a 25" HDMI cable and banished my PS4 F-16 Fighter Jet edition into my walk-in closet; door closed.

I'm sure it's asking for trouble with heat. the noise ruins the experience and I just need to get through FF7 and P5R.
Hilarious, because for a few seconds, i was all excited and going to search google for this cool looking console, then my ps4 pro fan kicked in...... and I got the joke. :bouncy:

Some people were saying they added 10 games to their cart (with 6 free) and at the same time others were saying they added 12 games to their cart (with 8 free). I didn't really understand what was go on, but "when in doubt, go all out." So of course I tested it with 12 games and indeed it worked.

BTW at the last second I didn't order because I realized I was just hoarding and I've been trying to get rid of backlog, not add to it.
I would have experimented more, but I was trying to get the order in before the glitch or CAG16 stopped working.

I also wanted to stop buying games, but I still had a little store credit that I wanted to cash out just in case.

It’s crazy to me that Sony hasn’t gotten more criticism about it. I never hear my One X unless there’s a disc in the drive, and even that is the drive reading the data.
That's the exact reason why I went with a PS4 Slim and not a Pro. The Slim is a lot quieter and runs cooler (not running 4k). I learned my lesson a long time ago, since the PS1 days, to never buy a launch Playstation and always wait for the Slim version if you want a quiet console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back