2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the slim or at least mine is usually very quiet.  Only time I hear it is when the disc occasionally spins and that's not too often.

Since the ps3 slim I have always bought the slim version of sony system since they typically are the better one while the 3rd version always seems to have a problem.

That's the exact reason why I went with a PS4 Slim and not a Pro. The Slim is a lot quieter and runs cooler (not running 4k). I learned my lesson a long time ago, since the PS1 days, to never buy a launch Playstation and always wait for the Slim version if you want a quiet console.
That is totally understandable what you are saying, but I wanted to take advantage of my 4K HDR Sony tv. So then I got a One X. LOL

How’s everyone doing I have been going to different GameStop’s everyday to find promo posters. So far I have 4 posters and a phone number

Get your unemployment and chill at home. You may be luckier than your non-fired colleagues. Except for health insurance if you got that.

So me and a few people in my store just got laid off, i wonder if corporate is laying off a bunch of people or just my store. whichever way im gonna miss my 15% discount.

This $5 coupon requiring you to buy physical items in store is difficult. I was hoping it just would work for digital material...but alas

I had insurance usually taken automatically out of each paycheck. Would I have to pay that manually now after doing my unemployment?
You have to check out https://www.healthcare.gov/ to see if you qualify for anything other than COBRA. Medicaid would be the way to go if you're under the poverty level, since it's free and offered in ~36 states. COBRA is very expensive, but the special enrollment period for that was extended for 60 days after you lose your job due to the coronavirus. That's two months to get something better.

What’s up with this monthly coupon. Mine keeps going to waste. It’s not working with Darksiders Genesis. Ugh

EDIT: For some dumb reason it didn’t work in the app, but did on their website. Oh well at least it worked, $11.68 for Darksiders Genesis works for me.

Any thoughts on Darksiders Genesis? It’s the DotD and I really like Diablo and other dungeon crawler games. Really looking forward to Minecraft Dungeons, but for $16 and something to use my $5 cert on, Genesis is tempting.

If I order the Deal of the Day, but don't pick it up until later in the week, am I still charged the Deal price, or am I charged whatever the price is at pick up?  If this was any other retailer, I wouldn't ask, but Gamestop's gotta Gamestop.

If I order the Deal of the Day, but don't pick it up until later in the week, am I still charged the Deal price, or am I charged whatever the price is at pick up? If this was any other retailer, I wouldn't ask, but Gamestop's gotta Gamestop.
So long as you pay for it online you will "lock in" the price. If you do the pay in store option/ hold product you will pay whatever the current price is that day.

If I order the Deal of the Day, but don't pick it up until later in the week, am I still charged the Deal price, or am I charged whatever the price is at pick up? If this was any other retailer, I wouldn't ask, but Gamestop's gotta Gamestop.
Don't think they have the option to pay on pickup, you have to pay first online and they will hold it for you up to a week. Better that was usually since you can use CAG16. I've had no issue waiting longer to pickup since they just keep it in the drawer.

Are we sure that the contents are the same for everyone (even if it seems to change on different days) ? I guess if it's all shipping out of TX probably, but if it's piecemeal from local store clearance inventory, maybe not?

Want to get darksiders but shipping kills it- tried adding PSN card or a preorder to cart but it still isn’t meeting threshold for free shipping
Because a PSN card is digital, so that obviously won’t change the shipping threshold. They started separating in stock items and preorders, so those no longer help you meet the requirements.

Super annoyed with the shipping as I'm sure everyone else is. Genesis is sold out across all stores within 100 miles apparently so shipping is the only option. $4 shipping with a $5 coupon is so useless. Guess I'll have to wait.

Anyone else get an email from GameStop asking if you want your preorder copy of FFVII remake shipped instead? I received mine when it was first released. I guess it wasn’t updated in their system.

Anyone else get an email from GameStop asking if you want your preorder copy of FFVII remake shipped instead? I received mine when it was first released. I guess it wasn’t updated in their system.
Yeah. Before it launched. They ended up placing two orders. One shipped and was delivered on launch day, the other has been stuck at 'Awaiting Product Availability' even when they had stock.

Edit: Did just get an email about shipping my Persona 5 preorder. Pretty sure I already had them do that around launch since I have the game.

Super annoyed with the shipping as I'm sure everyone else is. Genesis is sold out across all stores within 100 miles apparently so shipping is the only option. $4 shipping with a $5 coupon is so useless. Guess I'll have to wait.
Legit. I called my store and they told me they had a to fill an online order for every single copy of the game they had(for all 3 systems, over 10 copies), and sent them to ONE person. So much for being able to pick up a copy at my store.

Anyone redeem reward points for online certificates lately? Is the process working? Codes work with no issues?
I tried, the buttons worked, but the cert never showed up in active offers. I sent some emails but not going to waste time on hold for a few points.

I tried, the buttons worked, but the cert never showed up in active offers. I sent some emails but not going to waste time on hold for a few points.
Check your digital locker way at the bottom of the page, it will say null with no value or expiry date. That's what happened to me about 2 weeks ago, when I redeemed for a $5 cert.

Check your digital locker way at the bottom of the page, it will say null with no value or expiry date. That's what happened to me about 2 weeks ago, when I redeemed for a $5 cert.
Cool, never looked in there. Says "Null", has the "have you seen this image" graphic, but there is the activation code. :bow:

I have an Activation Code for a certificate I purchased a few weeks ago but it doesn't work every time I attempt to use it.

I have like $.91 left on a trade card & other than some partially paid preorders that I hopefully will be able to get the credit back for, I'm done with GS.  

My copy of Shift 2: Unleashed (Limited Edition disc)  :ps3:  arrived last week. A generic case with original cover, no manual, and the game inside a crumpled paper sleeve. I'm surprised it came with the original artwork as I expected a generic cover. The funny part is they had it shipped from a store that's halfway across town.

I have another order for that just shipped with 3 games right now (2 were on sale). Used my monthly cert and cag16 when I placed it. The two points of interest will be condition and where they are sent from.

:xb1: Madden NFL 20

:xb1: NBA 2K20

:360: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Ended up ordering NSW Genesis online with the coupon and padded the total with NSW Red Faction and PS4 Genesis. May return or trade in the other two but NSW Genesis for 10.99 was just too good to pass up. Wish they'd do a deal like this on the NSW Warmastered edition now.

Ended up ordering NSW Genesis online with the coupon and padded the total with NSW Red Faction and PS4 Genesis. May return or trade in the other two but NSW Genesis for 10.99 was just too good to pass up. Wish they'd do a deal like this on the NSW Warmastered edition now.
Played some of Genesis last night on the One X and had a really good time with it. The style looks Diablo-ish, but it’s very much a Darksiders game. I can see myself 100% it, so well worth $11.

Managed to find a copy on the Switch in Tulsa at the mall location that just happened to be open yesterday for online pickup only. Like the guy told me not to tell anyone they were open because the (failing) mall doesn't open until Friday. It was kinda funny actually.

Here is what is included in the Mystery $45 box. Credit to Wario64.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXT3AwCU0AA9NTO?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
Thanks! Pulled the trigger. I think the Samus Cannon, TMNT shakers, thanos socks, and DBZ figure (can't find on site, probably super small) is worth it. The extra small stuff is junk to me and I'll probably just donate. Also, my order shows a Paka Paka blind box in addition to everything else in that order screenshot.

Apparently Gamestop is still answering emails even though it doesn't seem like they are. An email I sent back March 5th just got replied to for the first time and they resolved my problem. So just allow a 2 month period for them to reply.

Apparently Gamestop is still answering emails even though it doesn't seem like they are. An email I sent back March 5th just got replied to for the first time and they resolved my problem. So just allow a 2 month period for them to reply.
What is the problem that you send to them in email?

Just like their call center, it's hit or miss. I emailed them twice late last year (once in Nov and once in Dec) and the only email I got back from them was in March, which was one of those "how was our customer service" emails. Haven't heard from it since.

I mean they’ve been doing contactless delivery at door, how is that any different from curbside pickup?
I guess the keyword for me is "all." The exception is going to be GS in the mall. But right now only about 1 in 8 GS stores is open for contactless delivery at door. I currently have a fully-paid off pre-order at a GS location that is indefinitely closed.

From my online order, they sent me This is the Police II for the PS4 instead of the Xbox one (which is what I ordered).

Am I SOL in getting that replaced with the correct version? If I do the dreaded 3 hour call to CS, will they ask me to send back the wrong copy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back