2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because a majority of people who buy video games only care about the game itself. Normal folks don't really care about whether or not a game has box art and would just happily accept a game in a generic black case.
I would be willing to bet that a majority of people do care about the case (or at least would expect to pay less than one that has it). I would also bet that this site probably has a higher percentage of people who wouldn't care because we are mostly simply just trying to find the best deal - but it seems that most people here do care.

I would be willing to bet that a majority of people do care about the case (or at least would expect to pay less than one that has it). I would also bet that this site probably has a higher percentage of people who wouldn't care because we are mostly simply just trying to find the best deal - but it seems that most people here do care.
I can even rationalize someone loosing the case because I remember having gamer friends that would just take out a disc and set it on the console/table and never reuse the case; but how in the hell does a game manual go missing from a case? If you don't care about the case then what are the odds you ever touch the manual and if you do care then you take care of it. Who are all of these people that open a game, say "what is this? Oh that must be trash, I should go out of my way to remove it and throw it out. Now that that is gone, I have room to store my game in here."

CAG isn't a general public deal hunter site first and foremost. Most people here care about cases and manuals coming with their games since the site is more about finding good deals and to a much lesser extent nowadays trading with others to get rarer or harder to find gaming goods. Most of us in some way or another have a desire to collect games and people in this niche community are more likely to care about box art instead of an ugly generic gamestop printout being on their shelves. Little Timmy who just wants to play Call of Duty or Battlefront with his friends is going to care more about having the disc than he is about box art so as long as the game actually works he couldn't be bothered to care about the case.

I hate that about mobile games, you might be able to re-download the app from the store, but the rest of it is hosted elsewhere and the developers kill it so you can't download the rest.
No, you won't be able to download this at all once it's delisted in September, but Konami already stated that the single-player stuff can be played offline. That's actually the reason I downloaded the game at all - a free mobile game that's about on par with some of the earlier Yu-Gi-Oh games sounds great to me.

case wise I generally prefer to have the original case and box art and such aka complete definition.  But if I can get it cheap enough I will forgo that for the deal.  But generally I would rather pay the 1-2 bucks more for better quality.  Of course these days most games don't include manuals.  Hell I've played stuff that didn't even have inserts.

Several of the classic Yu-Gi-Oh games did not play like the standard game. Some like Forbidden Memories or The Sacred Cards put their own little twist on the system, and Duelists of the Roses had a grid based field with obstacles, terrain effects, and movement for both the player and their cards.

This is making me want to play Roses again. Super fun game.
But what about the greatest Yu-gi-oh game of all, Dungeon Dice Monsters

I only care for cart/disk only games when stuff is dirt cheap. When PS2 and Nintendo DS games were being cleared out relatively cheap I know I got a bunch of random PS2 junk and a cart or 4 of loose DS games, but I don't like them for the collection. I just wouldn't gamble unless I can see the stuff in person, but that's just cause Gamestop usually takes in garbage no matter what condition it is. I really wouldn't want a beaten up Gamefly copy or a former Red Box rental, or something else like that, but that's me. 

CAG isn't a general public deal hunter site first and foremost. Most people here care about cases and manuals coming with their games since the site is more about finding good deals and to a much lesser extent nowadays trading with others to get rarer or harder to find gaming goods. Most of us in some way or another have a desire to collect games and people in this niche community are more likely to care about box art instead of an ugly generic gamestop printout being on their shelves. Little Timmy who just wants to play Call of Duty or Battlefront with his friends is going to care more about having the disc than he is about box art so as long as the game actually works he couldn't be bothered to care about the case.
Yep, agree with this 100%. I like getting deals and enjoy collecting games. Back in the day, I would have beaten 100% of my gaming library (ok, I never beat Beyond the Beyond before FFVII released.. ). But now that I'm old and have kids can only play/beat a few games a year.... so if GS would someday do something like 5000 points for a case... I'd totally be down with that.

Cartridge consoles before DS/3DS/Switch, I'd prefer having the cartridge as the cardboard is just too faded by now. But disc generation, I'd rather have the case then the disc. I don't have time or even want to watch the kids play thru Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... but I wouldn't mind having the case in my gaming shelf if that even makes any sense :dunce:

Yep, agree with this 100%. I like getting deals and enjoy collecting games. Back in the day, I would have beaten 100% of my gaming library (ok, I never beat Beyond the Beyond before FFVII released.. ). But now that I'm old and have kids can only play/beat a few games a year.... so if GS would someday do something like 5000 points for a case... I'd totally be down with that.

Cartridge consoles before DS/3DS/Switch, I'd prefer having the cartridge as the cardboard is just too faded by now. But disc generation, I'd rather have the case then the disc. I don't have time or even want to watch the kids play thru Pokemon Mystery Dungeon... but I wouldn't mind having the case in my gaming shelf if that even makes any sense :dunce:
You could construct the world's first Potemkin Gaming Library!

Another reason for people not having cases is space.

They toss them out and keep the games in those CD booklets from the early 2000's that everybody had.

Seen one of my coworkers who does that. Has no room so he just tosses the "extras".

I used to not get older cheaper games if they didn't have the art, but now I reprint my own covers and change out the black cases with the real ones when I send games to Amazon.

Because they don’t make enough to offset the health risk?
Everyone who is still working in public faces the same risk. Gamestop employees are no different. In fact, grocery store workers are FAR more likely to get it than someone working at a video game store.

I rather work at GameStop rn that people are saying have no customers than to work at Walmart who have thousands of customers per day.

Everyone who is still working in public faces the same risk. Gamestop employees are no different. In fact, grocery store workers are FAR more likely to get it than someone working at a video game store.
You missed the point. You can still feel bad for those that have no other options but to work these jobs.

I worked at GameStop about 4 years ago, believe me they are strict, no way I would ever go back there willingly. If there was a hell on earth, that place would be it.

2OHTlP9.png

I guess all deals can't be good...or deals...

You missed the point. You can still feel bad for those that have no other options but to work these jobs.
Being courteous and respectful towards them (and anyone) probably goes a good bit further than "feeling bad" for them. I imagine things are not equal around our country; however, of the ones I have interacted, it would be hard for me to conclude they have "no other options" as most of them run their stores both individually and work as a team. Looks like they successfully juggle quite a few different hats beyond stocking a shelf or running a register. It likely might not be the "ideal" job for most, but the associates I have interacted with are competent employees from a customer perspective and are probably on the higher end of retail hire-ability.

Of course, I would not want anyone to be unhappy and would encourage everyone to seek meaningful opportunity as it relates to their perspective and situation.

why? they get paid by the hour easy money...
They get paid garbage. I don’t know how to explain to you that people deserve much more pay even for basic retail jobs like this. They didn’t even get a temp raise during COVID despite having to interact, even in limited scenarios, with customers even as GS fought to not close in March.

You’re not going to think they should get paid more, (you should too!) and there’s nothing anyone can say to convince you otherwise until you realize you and the lowest GameStop worker are licking the same boot

I think its a little different selling the necessities during this time than selling germ infected used video games barely getting paid anything while being treated like garage by management and customers.

They get paid garbage. I don’t know how to explain to you that people deserve much more pay even for basic retail jobs like this. They didn’t even get a temp raise during COVID despite having to interact, even in limited scenarios, with customers even as GS fought to not close in March.

You’re not going to think they should get paid more, (you should too!) and there’s nothing anyone can say to convince you otherwise until you realize you and the lowest GameStop worker are licking the same boot
hey man im not the one going to gamestop to return stuff, then saying that my experience was only "ok" like do you expect? lol i dont need them to do anything special for me, even if im the only customer there. trust me they didnt wanna see you and wanted to keep the store how you described "empty af"...and they are still getting paid no customers or hundreds of customers.

but everyone has choices...walmart, target, costco and lots of jobs are hiring and they normally in the same parking lot as gamestop. no one is forced to work at gamestop.

4 of 7 from first order arrived and I was pleasantly surprised that monster hunter and digimon both came complete and without any scratches or such to the discs. It was even weird as digimon next order came in one of those sleeves for disc only games inside the case. I have to wonder how they managed to get the disc to fit onto the holder inside of that.  Impressed to say the least.  Mario and luigi bowsers inside story also came complete.  The only one that didn't come with even a generic case or sleeve was paper mario sticker star which just came in a little clear plastic thing.

second half of my order with ps2 and ps1 titles shipped yesterday.  Doubt I will get as lucky there but it would be cool if they came in cases.

Anybody have any experience with replacement items being shipped from screwed up orders? I purchased 6 games about 2 weeks ago and they all shipped from the same store but one game was missing and another was scratched to hell. I called last week on Wednesday or Thursday and they said they would ship me a replacement for the missing game and the scratched game but I haven't received an email and my account doesn't show anything about a replacement being sent. Do they just ship the replacement items out and never tell you they were shipped out?

Anybody have any experience with replacement items being shipped from screwed up orders? I purchased 6 games about 2 weeks ago and they all shipped from the same store but one game was missing and another was scratched to hell. I called last week on Wednesday or Thursday and they said they would ship me a replacement for the missing game and the scratched game but I haven't received an email and my account doesn't show anything about a replacement being sent. Do they just ship the replacement items out and never tell you they were shipped out?
My only one was very bad. The CS was fine, but the product was terrible.

It was a 360 game. I was first sent an Australian (I think) version of the game, which I have no idea how the Gamestop warehouse got its hands on, and the disc was covered in brown markings. Wasnt even going to try to test it. Probably wouldnt have worked at all due to the region difference.

Then they sent me the good ol' normal copy of the game but with the shitty silver refurbished ring around the middle, and those have never worked on ANY of my 360s.

So after that one they said to go in store. There were no copies of that game in a 100+ mile radius. So to this day I'm stuck with two trash copies. Ended up picking it up at a retro store hours away.

They dont give you a number or anything. You kinda just have to wait for it... it's pretty dumb.

hey man im not the one going to gamestop to return stuff, then saying that my experience was only "ok" like do you expect? lol i dont need them to do anything special for me, even if im the only customer there. trust me they didnt wanna see you and wanted to keep the store how you described "empty af"...and they are still getting paid no customers or hundreds of customers.

but everyone has choices...walmart, target, costco and lots of jobs are hiring and they normally in the same parking lot as gamestop. no one is forced to work at gamestop.
You are taking this seriously enough to look through my post history lol. I did leave them a positive survey and thanked him!

Yeah, they could work at all those jobs too and they would get treated like crap and paid bad there too (except maybe Target) but not everyone has the same resources (transportation, internet, writing skills for resume)

Why would you argue against paying people a living wage? That's all I was saying. Just because they might have the ability to get paid marginally more at other retailers, that's your argument for paying no one a living wage?

Costs of living in the U.S. have gone up dramatically in the last 40 years without a corresponding raise in wages. You used to be able to work a retail job like this and have enough money to buy a house and raise a family, but now managers even get $13-$15 an hour at best, and $15 is where the lowest position should start, not where the highest in store position should peak.

It would benefit you if places like GameStop raised wages, because other companies would do it and society as a whole would benefit. To argue against it in anyway, or deflect by saying those workers could just work elsewhere for marginally more, doesn't fix the issue, hence the 'bootlicker' term I used. It was a bit harsh, but what else are you supposed to call people who actively work/advocate against their own self-interests?

There is no industry/job that would not benefit from a raise in wages? Get paid $30 per hour to be idk a paralegal, medical assistant? Good, now you get paid $40+ an hour with higher wages closer to $15.

Hey, the 2019 Annual Report for stockholders just came in the mail today!

Skimming thru the charts, its not look good for us CAGs! But random section I flipped to (Not sure I am understanding their breakage term correctly) but there is apparently over $113M in PUR rewards not redeemed.. which seems insane!

Skimming thru the charts, its not look good for us CAGs! But random section I flipped to (Not sure I am understanding their breakage term correctly) but there is apparently over $113M in PUR rewards not redeemed.. which seems insane!
That's those soccer moms that got convinced to sign up for PUR and never knew how much or how to redeem the points.

I like the people who work at my local GameStop. I try to be courteous and polite. And, they act the same. Yes, the company probably treats them badly.
But, I don't believe they work at a job where they may come home with the odd finger,toe, or limb missing. They probably don't have to worry about all the toxic substances they have absorbed over the years, the loss of hearing, or the fact that their lungs are full of asbestos.
I'm sure none of them have.been rushed to the hospital for an on the job injury only to be told later they are no longer employable.
Most employers treat employees badly in one way or another.
I still remember walking through puddles of mercury in the military. How cool it was to watch it roll on the ground. Thank God I never thought to pick it up.
It's ridiculous that they don't have proper supplies. Even more so because the public knows this and it causes worry about safety in the stores.
I helped an ex football player out of an elevator last year. He was in a wheelchair. Said his whole body was broken. He lives on social security.
Felt really really bad for him. His job was bad.

Bought a switch lite couple weeks ago it was shipped quickly and was packed well.
I'm glad this company is still in business. People are still getting paychecks.

Wondering about the return process when they open.

Also, do the online only certificates work now? Was thinking about cashing some points in.

It's a shame all the store are shut down in my state. Lots of inventory locked behind those doors and no way to sell it.

Got my 50% off lot today, not a bad score. All XB1

Divinity Original Sin - gen case
Mudrunner American Wilds - OG case
Long Dark - OG case with the extras intact
Flatout 4 - OG case
Back to the Future - OG case, a little rough but acceptable

My lot came from Atlanta.

Got my 50% off lot today, not a bad score. All XB1

Divinity Original Sin - gen case
Mudrunner American Wilds - OG case
Long Dark - OG case with the extras intact
Flatout 4 - OG case
Back to the Future - OG case, a little rough but acceptable

My lot came from Atlanta.
I haven't played all that much of it yet, but I don't really care for FlatOut 4. And I've been a fan since the first game.

I bought Wreckfest since it was made by Bugbear, the team that did the original FlatOut games, and that was a good enough recommendation for me.

Got 2 of my games in today

Fist of the North Star came with the OG case and the DLC codes intact

Astro Bot came in a generic case

My rest come in either tomorrow or Wednesday, mostly hoping just Vesperia and .Hack comes with the cases.

I like the people who work at my local GameStop. I try to be courteous and polite. And, they act the same. Yes, the company probably treats them badly.
But, I don't believe they work at a job where they may come home with the odd finger,toe, or limb missing. They probably don't have to worry about all the toxic substances they have absorbed over the years, the loss of hearing, or the fact that their lungs are full of asbestos.
I'm sure none of them have.been rushed to the hospital for an on the job injury only to be told later they are no longer employable.
Most employers treat employees badly in one way or another.
I still remember walking through puddles of mercury in the military. How cool it was to watch it roll on the ground. Thank God I never thought to pick it up.
It's ridiculous that they don't have proper supplies. Even more so because the public knows this and it causes worry about safety in the stores.
I helped an ex football player out of an elevator last year. He was in a wheelchair. Said his whole body was broken. He lives on social security.
Felt really really bad for him. His job was bad.

Bought a switch lite couple weeks ago it was shipped quickly and was packed well.
I'm glad this company is still in business. People are still getting paychecks.

Wondering about the return process when they open.

Also, do the online only certificates work now? Was thinking about cashing some points in.

It's a shame all the store are shut down in my state. Lots of inventory locked behind those doors and no way to sell it.
virus is fake anyways

2OHTlP9.png

I guess all deals can't be good...or deals...
fyi its potluck with these, all they do is put batteries in and see if the light comes on, they dont sync or test them when taking them in as a trade for 4 bucks, unless the unit is a little dirty or scuffed, then its 2 bucks, and it goes right to the shelf for 30, but you might have to return 3 before you get 1 that actually works...

Anyone getting tony hawk 1 and 2, I think I was 63 when I first played in the 90s, me and my grandchildren would play it, made me feel young again. So with this announcement I’m heading to GameStop to preorder a copy and when the game comes out, me and my great grandchildren will play all day.

Order came in from the last sale. Kinda mad that Yakuza 0 is the PS Hits case and surprised only 2 games were in generic cases. Thankfully they aren't difficult to get. All the discs are pristine too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RbnslzR2LfMJoDHrxu31xJcN2vej8yP-/view?usp=sharing
Ordering from GS is such a weird roulette. I ordered Kiwami during the the B2G1 a few weeks ago and they even sent me the steelbook, but a few weeks later it's just a generic case?

Does anyone know how the orders get distributed or is it all just some messed up system? I ordered a little 30 games over the weekend, a few (7-8) seemed to have shipped from various different stores, while another 15-16 seemed to have shipped from the TX warehouse. The remaining few havent even shipped yet.

I haven't played all that much of it yet, but I don't really care for FlatOut 4. And I've been a fan since the first game.

I bought Wreckfest since it was made by Bugbear, the team that did the original FlatOut games, and that was a good enough recommendation for me.
There is a fair chance it never leaves the case. It made my wishlist and I try to stick to that when a sale hits to keep me from grabbing stuff just because it is cheap. I really enjoyed 2 on my PC so I thought it would be worth picking up on the cheap. Wreckfest is on my radar too but never seems to drop to an attractive price for me. Been a Burnout fan since Takedown on OGXB and Paradise City is my arcade racing go to on XB1.

Mudrunner is what I really wanted in this lot, I played Spintires years ago and will probably pick up Snowrunner when it hits a good digital sale. I am really happy with my cherry copy of Long Dark but doubt I play it much unless the controls are better than the PC version. I gambled on getting a good copy of Divinity for shelf candy and Back to the Future was more for the spouse to check out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back