2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPS is overwhelmed right now...finally got part of my order from the "50% off 5 used" sale delivered today by UPS and the delivery truck was definitely 3rd party. I've seen that with Amazon but never before with UPS.
Was it a commercial delivery truck or like a van or rental truck? Could be due to your region having a lot of licensed drivers out due to covid so they have a lot of temp hires that aren't properly licensed.

That isn’t “20 days to ship” though.

Bro why are people defending GameStop? The guy is saying it’s taking 20 days to “ship” as in the colloquial “ship” as in the whole process of shipping to delivery.

Clearly we all knew what he meant, but two of you were quick to try to be dicks even though GameStop IS taking 20+ days to complete delivery. Lol.

Not sure you’re a true CAG if you think 20 day shipping times are OK when we were quoted 9 days or less....

To update, My order from the 8th, which was a surprise UPS mail innovations order too, is STILL in Texas, the same place it “shipped” from, and my quoted delivery date is now pushed back to the 26th. GameStop has yet to respond to two customer service emails. Yes, we can “track” our orders from UPS, cool, but it doesn’t matter when the orders still don’t progress. Gotta love the stupidity here.

Anyone having issues with the daily deal for Pokemon let's go Pikachu? Keeps showing up $54.99 instead of $34.99

Just checked on this. Same issue here in the app and on the website, showing full price for me too. I think it was the DOTD yesterday, and since they rolled out the “graduate one day sale” overnight, I think they forgot to update / delete the DOTD from yesterday.

Bro why are people defending GameStop? The guy is saying it’s taking 20 days to “ship” as in the colloquial “ship” as in the whole process of shipping to delivery.

Clearly we all knew what he meant, but two of you were quick to try to be dicks even though GameStop IS taking 20+ days to complete delivery. Lol.

Not sure you’re a true CAG if you think 20 day shipping times are OK when we were quoted 9 days or less....

To update, My order from the 8th, which was a surprise UPS mail innovations order too, is STILL in Texas, the same place it “shipped” from, and my quoted delivery date is now pushed back to the 26th. GameStop has yet to respond to two customer service emails. Yes, we can “track” our orders from UPS, cool, but it doesn’t matter when the orders still don’t progress. Gotta love the stupidity here.
Your reaction is to be a dildo about it (the few posts I’ve seen from you are you whining about something or another, so I don’t respect you enough to call you a dick)?

For at least two others in the thread, that link provided more tracking info. For myself, my package will be here Monday but still says the 26th or whatever on the GS site.

There are other things to worry about in life, you shouldn’t get your panties in a wad over slow shipping of some video games.

read above. i have the tracking number that was created days ago, they just havent actually mailed it yet. 100% gamestop being shit, not the delivery services. A buddy of mine has a package in the same boat.
I had a few NES games ship from there I ordered on the 8th, got an email saying it shipped on the 11th, didn't actually get to the USPS until the 13th, and delivered yesterday even though it was initially saying they will deliver next week.

TL;DR: Don't be a whiner. You'll get your game(s) when you get them.

Use this link to check the tracking number(s) as it may have been picked up by UPS for shipment through UPS Mail Innovations. https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

Once it goes so far they will hand it off to USPS for delivery. I hope this helps!
Note that UPS has the option to deliver it themselves if they have a truck going by where you live when it gets to the distribution center. I had a handful of packages they did this on over the past 6 months.

Was it a commercial delivery truck or like a van or rental truck? Could be due to your region having a lot of licensed drivers out due to covid so they have a lot of temp hires that aren't properly licensed.
It was a van/rental truck.

I still have 2 undelivered games from my 5-game order on May 8th.

MLB The Show 19 - in transit

NBA 2K20 Xbox One - in transit

NBA 2K20 Switch - Complete in original case with bonus code insert!

Mega Man 11 Switch - Generic Case and no cover art

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 &2 - I got the Wrong Game! Mega Man X Legacy Collection instead! Generic Case and no cover art

Did you really just end this turd of a post by trying to call out the stupidity of people here? Stick to lurking.

You're way overreacting here. I wouldn't call any of that stupidity or being a dick.

image.jpg

My Power Up Rewards membership expires this month. I have enough points to renew, but can’t seem to figure out how to do it online. I guess I will be calling them on Monday.

I just saw it somewhere on reddit. Its definitely a good thing, but not as good as the normal ones they've been having (the b4g8, 5 for 50%), plus most of the good shit that's somewhat new is OOS. I'll delete if you guys want though

I just saw it somewhere on reddit. Its definitely a good thing, but not as good as the normal ones they've been having (the b4g8, 5 for 50%), plus most of the good shit that's somewhat new is OOS. I'll delete if you guys want though
I cleared my post. This will definitely die if slickdeals get a hold of it

I just redeemed for the power up rewards $10 online cert and it isn’t showing in my digital locker or in my active offers. Looks like I get to call next week. Yay. Just wanted to give a heads up if anyone is thinking of using their points.

Are you guys getting the 16s to work on the promo grad stuff? Cuz it aint' working for me! (they are working for non-grad pre-owned games... so must be a promo-exclusion?)

Are you guys getting the 16s to work on the promo grad stuff? Cuz it aint' working for me!
Nah, I think CAG16 is permanently disabled now for any big sales unless you get it in the first few hours or so, and thats only sometimes nowadays.

I cleared my post. This will definitely die if slickdeals get a hold of it
I mean it's at the top of their gamestop coupon page...just hasn't been posted in any thread there I don't think. There's an expiration date of 5/31 stated in the description but not sure how accurate that is.

Your reaction is to be a dildo about it (the few posts I’ve seen from you are you whining about something or another, so I don’t respect you enough to call you a dick)?

For at least two others in the thread, that link provided more tracking info. For myself, my package will be here Monday but still says the 26th or whatever on the GS site.

There are other things to worry about in life, you shouldn’t get your panties in a wad over slow shipping of some video games.
Yikes, we have the king of CAG, handing down life lessons on bad service; The one who believes the fake virus will kill us all If we don’t keep our fear levels high.

Lol. Keep accepting 20 day shipping times and then defending them on a forum about GOOD DEALS.

Not really sure how anyone can benefit from that. I assume you frequent the GameStop Reddit? 🧐 boom on dude

read above. i have the tracking number that was created days ago, they just havent actually mailed it yet. 100% gamestop being shit, not the delivery services. A buddy of mine has a package in the same boat.
Bro they’re just GameStop shills. GameStop could send them a disc in a bag and call it a new game and they’d find a way to defend it. “Don’t you know there is a virus maybe they have to wait a full week to ship your items?” 🧠👈🏼 call GameStop customer service and demand satisfaction.

Bro they’re just GameStop shills. GameStop could send them a disc in a bag and call it a new game and they’d find a way to defend it. “Don’t you know there is a virus maybe they have to wait a full week to ship your items?” call GameStop customer service and demand satisfaction.
Why are you here again? Go back to to resetera or r/gamestop where you belong. They love to take giant dumps on Gamestop and you would be absolutely welcome there. This is a place to talk about deals and video games, not bitch and moan into the void about a company you know nothing about. Most of us haven't had shipping "issues" like the person is describing and so far we haven't had evidence that they are even telling the truth. Get out of here.

Anyone know if GameStop replaces the battery on Pokémon games before selling them? Like the original 3 and gold and silver the ones where you can’t even save if the battery is dead

I was shipped a trash gba game instead of Buck Bumble for the n64.... how they think thats alright instead of just refunding me the money for not having the game in stock beats me.

I was shipped a trash gba game instead of Buck Bumble for the n64.... how they think thats alright instead of just refunding me the money for not having the game in stock beats me.
Did you call customer service? I've been sent plenty of wrong items in the past and CS has always had me keep what I received and sent a replacement.

Anyone know if GameStop replaces the battery on Pokémon games before selling them? Like the original 3 and gold and silver the ones where you can’t even save if the battery is dead
First party retailers don't open up cartridges. Replacing the battery however is much more simple than it looks. The only tool you need is the dumb screwdriver bit Nintendo liked to use.

Call or email them. Not hard.

up to my 3rd 50 dollar online coupon /50000 point redemption call with cs.

1st one never showed up.

2nd one wouldn't apply

3rd one wont apply to any item under 100 wtf gamestop such a trash company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back