2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks where is my best chance to buy it gamestop, target, walmart? There is a target store close to where I live. Overnight in front of store?
Target might be your best chance but at this point I'm just guessing. Also keep an eye on Best Buy, because they go in and out of stock with most consoles.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-interactive-entertainment-playstation-4-pro-1tb-limited-edition-the-last-of-us-part-ll-console-bundle-black/6414958.p?skuId=6414958

https://www.target.com/p/playstation-4-pro-1-tb-limited-edition-the-last-of-us-part-ii-bundle/-/A-80209868

Yeah I remember when it first launched it either had limited (or non-existent) BC with OGXB games. As time went on, they released software updates that would add BC to handfuls of titles over time.
The sad part was once some games got ports they then took it away. But overall they did a relatively good job given that it was an optional thing.

1 of 2 orders came in today (2 of 3 boxes)...the only one that came in a generic case of God of War (doesn't matter, I got the steelbook for free from my home store):

God of War

Ghostbusters

Knack 2

World War Z

HZD:CE

Alien: Isolation

Ghost Giant

Onimusha: Warlords

Still waiting on Sairento VR, The Evil Within and Trover Saves the Universe.  The first two came within 2 days, and this 3rd box should be here by tomorrow.  This was lightning fast shipping for the standard option.

2nd order from yesterday I put in yesterday included Far Cry 5, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Wipeout Omega Collection, Watch Dogs 2 and LittleBigPlanet 3.  I just got the shipping confirmation and it looks like it will be here in 8 days...all in one box though, which is good.

Holy cow.  I ordered cyberpunk 2077 collectors edition from gamestop last summer and moved to a new address last month, I could only update my billing address online, not the address it was shipping to.  I had tried calling in previously to update it, and was just on hold ussually for hours.  I tried again just now and got through after about ten minutes of waiting.  I am in shock.  Shock I tell you. 

I got everything updated and am good to go, looking forwards to playing with the neato extras.  I missed out on the witcher 3 statue, and this one looks great as well, and got the collectors edition.  I don't play games much anymore, but am relieved to have this done.

Edit, ok apparently the changes never went through.  They said they would send me an email confirming the changes to the order, and that hasn't happened.  I logged into the order just now and it still has the old address.  I will try again another day

At least they let you change the address. I remember it happening some years ago, they told me I had to reorder. Even though it's no longer available.

Definitely why I go with anywhere else for non-exclusives. Just a pain in the ass all around.

Well they seemed to be able to do it. But it looks like the changes never went though. Hmm maybe I will be able to switch it to in store pickup when The b&m stores reopen

Edit ok it’s done, holy cow what a relief . I missed the witcher 3 special edition and did not want to miss cyberpunk 2077 special ed

Try calling in the middle of the day is my suggestion

So had to call gamestop and they said they send a replacement. It will take 10-15 business days, but dont have any tracking or email stating it. The only email was for a survey how the CS phone did service.

Should i wait or call to see about tracking and see if they follow through?
Anyone encounter this before?

PSA: THEY DON'T SEND TRACKING INFO FOR REPLACEMENTS.

I'd be more worried of them charging you for another copy than getting the tracking info.

Looks like stores are opening back up for pickup in Northern CA finally. Google and the GS website still say closed, but you can put orders through on the website.

So had to call gamestop and they said they send a replacement. It will take 10-15 business days, but dont have any tracking or email stating it. The only email was for a survey how the CS phone did service.

Should i wait or call to see about tracking and see if they follow through?
Anyone encounter this before?
I have the same issue right now. I called on the 7th and was told they would send two replacement games. I called again on the 18th since I hadn't received anything yet just to be told that the back office had not yet approved it. Just as I was trying to get more information the rep I was speaking to just hung up on me after holding for over an hour. I sent an email right after that but I have yet to receive a reply and I honestly don't expect to receive one.

New low for a generic case. I got a copy of Link’s Awakening in the “pre-order now” display case. All of the stores around me are closed so no swapping any time soon. I guess I knew it was a gamble

New low for a generic case. I got a copy of Link’s Awakening in the “pre-order now” display case. All of the stores around me are closed so no swapping any time soon. I guess I knew it was a gamble
I got a generic case for astral chain today. I get the worst condition stuff from the GameStop lottery

I have the same issue right now. I called on the 7th and was told they would send two replacement games. I called again on the 18th since I hadn't received anything yet just to be told that the back office had not yet approved it. Just as I was trying to get more information the rep I was speaking to just hung up on me after holding for over an hour. I sent an email right after that but I have yet to receive a reply and I honestly don't expect to receive one.
Maybe I shouldn’t be expecting my replacement any time soon. Funny thing is they are sending me a replacement for my new game that came in a preowned case. If they sent me a new like I ordered, they wouldn’t have lost money on my purchase.

Maybe I shouldn’t be expecting my replacement any time soon. Funny thing is they are sending me a replacement for my new game that came in a preowned case. If they sent me a new like I ordered, they wouldn’t have lost money on my purchase.
Had a similar issue last year, I ordered during a b2g1. I received the 1st game, and the other two were Godzilla for Wii and witch and the hundredth knight 2 seemed to never ship even tho there was a tracking number. I called after about 2 weeks of not getting it, guy checked said they would issue a refund or replacement, asked for a replacement they said it would take 7-10 days. 10 days passed no updates, called back asked about the replacements and guy said there was an issue don’t remember what it was but that they would make sure I got replacements immediately. Got both games within a few days. A couple weeks later i received another pair of the same games. Called back to see if I should send them back or take them to a store and the rep said to not worry about it and keep the 2nd set for all the hassle.

Goodluck to anyone promised a replacement. 12 days later and no replacement received.
I received an e-mail from them regarding a replacement in directly in the e-mail it states "Due to increased online shopping demand, it may take up to three weeks to process your refund or replacement. " Based on that and their extremely slow shipping. It could be a month or longer.

I’m due full refunds on a few orders and I’m getting refunded odd amounts rather than the full thing. And I just found out they charged me twice for an order (on top of not refunding me for returning the order over a month ago).

Buy 2 Get 1 Free on ALL Games (not just pre-owned).

Unfortunately, CAG16 is not stacking and I’m unable to apply my May $5 coupon. So, if you want three brand-new games, great deal. Otherwise, it may not be too much better than normal.

Edit: Although the website says New and Pre-owned, the discount currently seems to only be working on three pre-owned games.

Thier prices are still too damn expensive and with no additional discount on top, this is a weak sale.

And I like how they are trying to crow about new games being included in thy saddle. Just what I wanted, to have access to a more expensive version of this game with no shrink wrap and a sticker slapped on top declare its newness.

Heads up, the buy 2 can become a "buy 3" if you add mirror's edge
No idea why it's giving it to me for free.

Might be because they're treating the other two free games an another deal

FuBYd5r.png

with the current situation, CAG16 not working, and every game being at full price once again im really not enticed by this sale unless it was a B2G2 sale THO i am certainly jealous games like Final Fantasy 7 Deluxe are still available and part of the deal since those are $80 i wouldnt have minded saving

I’m due full refunds on a few orders and I’m getting refunded odd amounts rather than the full thing. And I just found out they charged me twice for an order (on top of not refunding me for returning the order over a month ago).
I had a similar situation in April and I managed to get someone on the phone who manually refunded the entire amount to a trade/gift card. It was quite a lot of credit, so I was surprised that he had the authority to do that. YMMV because their customer service is incredibly inconsistent, but it's worth a try if the transactions were done in trade credit.

Wow, even clearanced collectors editions are eligible for the B2G1. I had put an order in for one at a store that's been closed earlier today, but if I would've waited I could've used it towards a free game. That's crazy.

Finally got a decent deal. Got FE Encore used(deal wouldn't trigger otherwise), FF7 Deluxe, and Persona 5 Royal Steelbook for the same price I could of gotten all of them with GCU from Best Buy if FF7 was just the standard edition. So I ended up getting the FF7 goodies for what is probably the case for FE Encore.

What happens if you buy during a b2g1 deal and one of the games are out of stock when the store opens? Like if their inventory doesn't match and they cancelled one game, what happens to the discount?

I too want to participate in this B2G1, but can't find anything I'd want to actually play and none of the amazon flips are worth the hassle still... stupid online certs not working on sale items = bummer

I mean, Mario Rabids is $55 preowned.... hard to resist!

If the full priced game is cancelled, you get refunded and it becomes a B1G1. If the free game is cancelled, you have to deal with customer service and hope that they'll eventually find you a replacement. But since it’s free, they’ll also keep recommending that you just return the other games as well.
What happens if you buy during a b2g1 deal and one of the games are out of stock when the store opens? Like if their inventory doesn't match and they cancelled one game, what happens to the discount?

Would man-eater that comes out today be included?
.... if you look at the page for the game on the website, it says it is.

Debated on ditching my BB copy that I was planning on picking up tomorrow, but I dont want to spend another $40 or so dollars to get another 2 games. It's a great deal if you're interested in it and can find some stuff to pair with it

Would man-eater that comes out today be included?
.... if you look at the page for the game on the website, it says it is.

Debated on ditching my BB copy that I was planning on picking up tomorrow, but I dont want to spend another $40 or so dollars to get another 2 games. It's a great deal if you're interested in it and can find some stuff to pair with it
Thanks for mentioning this--I have Maneater and Saints Row 3 Remastered in the cart and just need a third $40 game.

LOL Think I'm gonna pass. I picked up Witcher 3 on NS. And then placed a second order for B2G1F on some used games.

I don't get all the gloom and doom talk about GS right now. I just spend $500 at GS these past few weeks. Seems like a lot of others are throwing money at them too.

I'm sure you've seen my multiple posts about being screwed on a refund, but if not, look at my post history. My advice would be to screencap your call logs. Send an email to customer service (it will probably take two weeks to get a response) so you can have some sort of paper trail. And just go ahead and contact your credit card company and get the process started to dispute the charges. If they havent given you back your money yet, they are just going to keep giving you the run around and stringing you along until its too late to do anything about it.

Copped black future 88, trine collection and no kuni ps4. Prob will be cheaper eventually but I figure on a B2G1 I'm good.

I wanted that snack game for switch and pokemon mystery dungeon but I didn't have a third game to make it worth it.

Wish I could pick it up but my store shows no stock for anything idk. I've got mad points to spend but wanna use in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back