2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at Children of Morta (NSW), Terraria (NSW), and Ni No Kuni (PS4) but it still works to $17-18 each...not great.
I've found both Ni No Kuni at walmart for $19. Both the Remastered first one and the premium edition of the second one.

Anyone not received their orders from the first buy 5 games 19.99 or less for 50% deal?

I have 1 order that hasn’t shown up but it’s been shipped...I’m guessing it’s gonna get lost

Will they give me the run around on this? Should I just keep waiting maybe til Monday?

I finally got around to opening up my gba games from the flash sale to clean them up, and i noticed a recurring theme on all of them. It's clearly obvious that the people who work there are opening up the GBA games and using the resurfacing stuff on them as every single game has the same conspicuous scratches on the contacts. Some of them have the same on the back of the carts, but not all, like they do on the contacts.

I can't wait till they go out of business, they do far more harm than good.

Anyone not received their orders from the first buy 5 games 19.99 or less for 50% deal?
I have 1 order that hasn’t shown up but it’s been shipped...I’m guessing it’s gonna get lost
Will they give me the run around on this? Should I just keep waiting maybe til Monday?
I’ve received all of them so far from the first buy 5 sale except 1 arriving this Saturday. Did notice that the carrier they used this time was USPS instead of the usual UPS.

what games are excluded? i added luigi's mansion, links awakening and pokemon sword which all had the b2g1 listed on their page and no discount

GameStop is just shit sometimes, I ordered trials of mana for switch 3 weeks ago when it was still in stock and it still hasn’t shipped

I finally got around to opening up my gba games from the flash sale to clean them up, and i noticed a recurring theme on all of them. It's clearly obvious that the people who work there are opening up the GBA games and using the resurfacing stuff on them as every single game has the same conspicuous scratches on the contacts. Some of them have the same on the back of the carts, but not all, like they do on the contacts.

I can't wait till they go out of business, they do far more harm than good.
I ordered a lot of Pokémon golds and Pokémon silvers a lot of them...anyway I opened them all to find that they all have new batteries or at least not the original batteries cause I can see the solder. Most of the contacts were dirty however n needed a cleaning.

I haven’t checked any of the gba games yet as they were just filler but I had to clean sonic battle a few times to get it to work.

I still haven't received the second half of my order. UPS supposedly delivered the order to my local post office on the 15th and It still has not been delivered. The worst part is USPS is still saying pre-shipment. I guess I'm screwed at this point.

I'm not making excuses for Gamestop, but shipments are slow for everyone, even Amazon orders. Most people are shopping online because of the pandemic. I saw a UPS truck doing deliveries at 10pm one day (the latest I've ever seen them was 8pm).

I still haven't received the second half of my order. UPS supposedly delivered the order to my local post office on the 15th and It still has not been delivered. The worst part is USPS is still saying pre-shipment. I guess I'm screwed at this point.
Mine says shipment received, package pending acceptance on May 14...it’s supposed to be delivered usps too but it hasn’t showed up

Any idea what's in Mystery Box #7? $100 value!
I ordered that and some candy because I wanted to use my $5 PUR bonus (and avoid paying shipping). In my order status it shows it as:

Fallout T-60 Power Armor FiGPiN XL
Beyblade Burst Evolution Xcalius Set

DC Batman Bifold Wallet
Fortnite Little Plush (Assortment)
Deadpool Sword Pose Mug
Venom and Carnage Shoulder Bag
Dragon Ball Super Super Saiyan God Vegeta Blood of Saiyans Special VII Statue
Minecraft SquishMe Series 2

I'm not making excuses for Gamestop, but shipments are slow for everyone, even Amazon orders. Most people are shopping online because of the pandemic. I saw a UPS truck doing deliveries at 10pm one day (the latest I've ever seen them was 8pm).
They’re always this slow for me though

I'm sure you've seen my multiple posts about being screwed on a refund, but if not, look at my post history. My advice would be to screencap your call logs. Send an email to customer service (it will probably take two weeks to get a response) so you can have some sort of paper trail. And just go ahead and contact your credit card company and get the process started to dispute the charges. If they havent given you back your money yet, they are just going to keep giving you the run around and stringing you along until its too late to do anything about it.
Well, I have already disputed the duplicate charge (not even going to bother calling GameStop about it unless I absolutely have to). The problem with the other orders is I have been getting weird amounts refunded, so it is hard to know what orders have actually gotten refunded. I just know that I haven't received all of them (just got another one this morning). Not sure why they can't just refund the correct amount (they did this with a couple orders I placed with gift cards, ended up with 3 gift cards in random amounts).

Wow, that was quick! I ordered 10 games from Gamestop on Wednesday and they all just arrived. I didn't even have shipping info on them yet. 6 of them are in original cases. Now to hunt down the 4 that are generic.

Well I actually got tracking info for 2 of my 3. Of course the 1 I wanted most isn't shipped lol but hey that was like 4 hours so if they actually pick it up I'm impressed.

I received 5 of my 8 games from the previous % off sale, all 5 were just the game. Crazy, over the last 13 preowned games I ordered, I received 2 with cases (one of which was a badly damaged case). Still waiting on the remaining 3 games to ship still... which I don't get since they're all pretty common games.  

I also had one of my orders from today ship in full. 

Ordered FE Encore and Mario Maker 2 for delivery and Pokemon DX for store pickup. Pokemon ended up getting cancelled but still kepted the discount. B1G1 is not bad at all.

Has anyone pre ordered the tony hawk remake collectors edition, does it come with the mini skateboard, because it says in store only but on the website it shows it and I’m having it shipped to my home.

Well, I have already disputed the duplicate charge (not even going to bother calling GameStop about it unless I absolutely have to). The problem with the other orders is I have been getting weird amounts refunded, so it is hard to know what orders have actually gotten refunded. I just know that I haven't received all of them (just got another one this morning). Not sure why they can't just refund the correct amount (they did this with a couple orders I placed with gift cards, ended up with 3 gift cards in random amounts).
Yes, they were supposed to refund me on orders of $50+ and the refunds I got were for less than $2. It was black friday and i was maxing out CAG 16, so i made like 10 orders. So, When I disputed I just took the two biggest charges and disputed them and said, let them prove these arent the right ones.

Are stores in cal even open to the public?
Only for pickup. Just started today.

I need help. Was upset that I ordered the Days Gone CE 5 hours before the B2G1 so instead of stopping, I ordered even more. Soulcalibur VI CE, Walking Dead Telltale definitive, and Bayonetta 2 for store pickup.

Has anyone pre ordered the tony hawk remake collectors edition, does it come with the mini skateboard, because it says in store only but on the website it shows it and I’m having it shipped to my home.
It's an online only preorder and it comes with a full size skateboard i believe. If it says not available for preorder they might be out of their current allocation. It has been turned off and on again a few times already.

Got 3 shipments in today, ordered them a WHILE back. 

Lego Movie Game :vita: (generic case)

Lego Jurassic World :vita: (generic case)

Doom 2016 :xbone: (Original Slayer collection case)
Farcry Primal :xbone: (Original case)
Travis Strike Again :switch: (original case, unused season pass :D)
+ 2 shirts.

Buy 2 get 1 free is tempting but I already got everything I really want. Backlog isn't getting cut down any faster either lol.

Not in the Bay. Have seen a couple Sac stores open as well as Vallejo, but nowhere south of there.
Fairly certain there is more south of Sac than just the Bay Area. I could be wrong though. Nonetheless, it didn't just start today, as I said.

solano and napa county were the only ones in the bay area thats opened for pickup.
I’m saying there are more cities south of Sac than just those in the bay. SoCal has had stores open. None of the stores that have been open or are opening this week are allowing customers inside.

is it me, but entering the 16s code(s) gives an error. I'm aware that it doesn't stack on the B2G1, but it shouldn't give an error if I want to buy one game. Can anyone try and report back for me?

Looks like another round of closures are coming this week, the CA store I did a pickup at told me that this GS was closing by Thursday and to use one of the others in the area.

I do wonder if this time they will be shipping stuff back to HQ, from what I can tell GS in the area are still only doing pickups so I'm guessing there isn't going to be any liquidations sale at this one.

Still surprised it was that one, it was a mostly well kept prestige, and I didn't bother to ask about the meh one in the area....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back