2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also works in your favor sometimes. They might cancel the ones you pay for and then you get free games.
Yep, I've "taken advantage" of this enough times that whenever I get the short end on a few things like missing a cert, some points, incorrect discs, I usually just shoot an email to support and let it slide if they don't respond. Usually that ends up with me having a stack of snail-mailed gift cards with a couple bucks on each.

Wait, so if you return a game, you have to put the funds towards something else..? Is that legal?
If you paid with a card, it would just go back to the card. He’s talking about literal cash, which many businesses have discontinued using because of the covid potential.

As for legality, return policies at any store are always “at manager discretion”, there’s not really a legal requirement to offer returns for most retail.

Wait, so if you return a game, you have to put the funds towards something else..? Is that legal?
just sounds like anything you return has to go back on a trade card/credit card. which makes sense because I think stores havent been dealing with cash in over 30 days so you shouldn't have purchased anything with cash within the return period

Does anyone know if pickup only stores are taking orders over the phone/at the door? (I tell them what I want and give them my credit card)? There's a RE3 collectors edition near me, online says it's in stock but won't let me add to cart.

Add me to the list of people whose home store is closing (ATX, Shady Hollow). I just went to use my $5 PUR monthly cert  on a $10 PSN card and the store was completely cleaned out except for some Switch cases and digital currency.

You can tell if your store is closing by looking up a few popular games that every store should have (Uncharted 4) and see if store pick up is available.

...and this is how a company goes out of business. Simply crazy that they could allow this to happen.
What's really crazy is that this happens over and over and they do nothing. No one seems to know how to stop it inside the company, or they don't care to, which tells you a lot about how things are on the inside right now.

PSA: No Man's Sky Beyond is finally showing up as pre-owned, but only if you use the app.  I tried searching on the website and the listing just doesn't come up at all - not even as a new copy.

During the last B2G2 a couple of weeks ago I ordered 8 games. Only 3 came with the artwork so I went to return them all to my local store. Long story short they had art for one of them and refunded me for the other 4 but refunded me the full price of each game not just for 2. So I got the 4 I kept for free plus a couple of bucks because every game said $9.97 on the invoices.

I was baffled at the time but it makes sense reading this thread.
This is exactly how people abused GoHastings- they'd wait until some B2G1F sale, buy 3 things, return the 2 paid ones for a full refund (for which GH paid return postage) and keep the free game. I was sad to see GH go because it was a great place to get used games, movies, random shit, and their prices were pretty decent and usually in great shape.

During the last B2G2 a couple of weeks ago I ordered 8 games. Only 3 came with the artwork so I went to return them all to my local store. Long story short they had art for one of them and refunded me for the other 4 but refunded me the full price of each game not just for 2. So I got the 4 I kept for free plus a couple of bucks because every game said $9.97 on the invoices.

I was baffled at the time but it makes sense reading this thread.
I always wondered what in the hell was stopping people from going in there and returning those games that show as full price on the packing slip when they bought it for half off? Such a weird way for them to enter it in the system. Same with how online orders in your order history show the games you bought as full price, so you always have to look at the discounted total and do the math yourself. I cant blame people for taking advantage of it.

Half the time it shows the discounted price on the slip, and half the time it shows full price. Another example of the GS lotto

You will catch an online ban if you do too many returns or if it is very obvious how you are trying to defraud them.

That number must be very, very, very high then.

They also wouldn't be able to ban you because they think you're doing something suspicious. Nothing about returning games with the packing slip is suspicious.

You will catch an online ban if you do too many returns or if it is very obvious how you are trying to defraud them.
I've made many many returns from them in a short period of time and never got banned. Probably around 50 returns in three months. Most were just exchanging to mix and match B2G1s across multiple stores, but have returned smelly consoles, wrong games, fake games, defective games, and "full price games" where my free copy never shipped. I imagine in general GameStop has a super high return rate.

This is exactly how people abused GoHastings- they'd wait until some B2G1F sale, buy 3 things, return the 2 paid ones for a full refund (for which GH paid return postage) and keep the free game. I was sad to see GH go because it was a great place to get used games, movies, random shit, and their prices were pretty decent and usually in great shape.
I didn't even do that, and I felt like I stole from them still. They had a lot of really good deals, like on books. You can get huge comic compendiums for like $10 during promos, when they're like $50+ on eBay.

Edit: Looking at emails, it was actually worse than that. I got Avengers vs X-Men for $10 (35 for digital right now), and Sandman complete for $10 ($225 on Amazon). And a technical book for $10 (still $85 today).

I've made many many returns from them in a short period of time and never got banned. Probably around 50 returns in three months. Most were just exchanging to mix and match B2G1s across multiple stores, but have returned smelly consoles, wrong games, fake games, defective games, and "full price games" where my free copy never shipped. I imagine in general GameStop has a super high return rate.
Just on anecdote from the GS threads over the past 10 years,that is one of the ways you'll get banned from ordering online.

It usually takes a JD or something VERY egregious tips them off.

Probably old news but GS is back to doing the $5 cert to xbox currency. The stock was slim, SL confirmed they needed restocked bad. Hopefully a nice trade promo soon...

The closest place I had was a business called record exchange but they moved from my small town in the boonies to cleveland ohio.  So there's nowhere around me that sells games anymore besides the gamestops in the neighboring cities.

YMMV on this, but it's getting towards the end of the month when the $5 monthly cert will roll over, so some info.

I called and had this month's $5 converted to 5k points. I started the call by talking about how I hadn't been able to use my coupon for the last 3 months including May due to Covid and not being able to go to stores in CT. Because the rep was unable to see the 2 expired coupon codes he was only able to give me the 5k for the current $5 cert and not all 15k I requested, but he did send a request in to a higher up to see if he could do the other 10k. Will be waiting to hear back on that. Total call time was 30:47 starting at 9:20am EST, so you be the judge if that's worth it to you.

YMMV on this, but it's getting towards the end of the month when the $5 monthly cert will roll over, so some info.

I called and had this month's $5 converted to 5k points. I started the call by talking about how I hadn't been able to use my coupon for the last 3 months including May due to Covid and not being able to go to stores in CT. Because the rep was unable to see the 2 expired coupon codes he was only able to give me the 5k for the current $5 cert and not all 15k I requested, but he did send a request in to a higher up to see if he could do the other 10k. Will be waiting to hear back on that. Total call time was 30:47 starting at 9:20am EST, so you be the judge if that's worth it to you.
That was a good idea. I lost my April $5. But I'm not sure if its worth dealing with customer service over it.

That was a good idea. I lost my April $5. But I'm not sure if its worth dealing with customer service over it.
Most of that was hold time with the phone on my desk while I worked. Rep was quick and I didn't have to reexplain anything. Put me on hold twice to do background stuff. Relatively painless.

I know this has been asked a million times over, so my apologies in advance. Does anyone have a rough estimate of the when GS.com is updated? I found some different games that I want which are part of the B2G2 sale. The caveat is that the discount codes are still disabled and I'm a few pennies short of paying for them.

It can be a bit sporadic honestly. I imagine that they might be working again tomorrow morning. It's still worth randomly checking throughout the day though.

Gamestop had a grey Switch in stock bundled with accessories and different games, but by the time I posted it, they were all sold out. Sorry.

I know this has been asked a million times over, so my apologies in advance. Does anyone have a rough estimate of the when GS.com is updated? I found some different games that I want which are part of the B2G2 sale. The caveat is that the discount codes are still disabled and I'm a few pennies short of paying for them.
I've seen this mentioned a few times, what discount codes are people using? I only know of cag16.

I've seen this mentioned a few times, what discount codes are people using? I only know of cag16.
The first rule of fight club is don’t talk about fight club (lol). I just sent you a PM.

Edit: Literally do not tell anyone else about it in this thread (or any other thread here for that matter). Loose lips sinks ships.

The first rule of fight club is don’t talk about fight club (lol). I just sent you a PM.

Edit: Literally do not tell anyone else about it in this thread (or any other thread here for that matter). Loose lips sinks ships.
Thanks for the heads up. Also, love your cubs avatar.

Wasn't able to use mine for May on the B2G1. It accepted the code, but nothing was discounted. Almost wish I hadn't bought the subscription last Black Friday during the B2G1 where a GS employee stole one of my games and they sent the other one back. Haven't gotten any use out of it and I don't even look at the magazine, if I'm even supposed to get one. Digital magazine is useless. Didn't use a code until April on the B4G8 $9.99 glitch, but don't remember if it counted.

Definitely not going to keep PUR Pro when it's up for renewal.

Wasn't able to use mine for May on the B2G1. It accepted the code, but nothing was discounted. Almost wish I hadn't bought the subscription last Black Friday during the B2G1 where a GS employee stole one of my games and they sent the other one back. Haven't gotten any use out of it and I don't even look at the magazine, if I'm even supposed to get one. Digital magazine is useless. Didn't use a code until April on the B4G8 $9.99 glitch, but don't remember if it counted.

Definitely not going to keep PUR Pro when it's up for renewal.
You can always just stop in and buy a psn/xbox/eshop card and be out of there in less than 5 minutes. I'm planning to renew mine in July with my points (if that's still a thing). I never buy full priced games at Gamestop so I rarely reaped the benefits of the discount, but a free $5 eshop every month is pretty nice.

You can always just stop in and buy a psn/xbox/eshop card and be out of there in less than 5 minutes. I'm planning to renew mine in July with my points (if that's still a thing). I never buy full priced games at Gamestop so I rarely reaped the benefits of the discount, but a free $5 eshop every month is pretty nice.
You can, unless you're in a lockdown state like me.
Gonna miss a third straight month of using my certs.

Wow, that was quick! I ordered 10 games from Gamestop on Wednesday and they all just arrived. I didn't even have shipping info on them yet. 6 of them are in original cases. Now to hunt down the 4 that are generic.
Hunt them down how? How can you get the artwork for the ones that you need? You just go in and ask if they can give you the cover by showing your receipt?

Not sure if these are the codes, but

Promo code ‘CAG16’ appears to stack with code ‘SLICKDEALS16’ , and both appear to be live right now.

CAG16 - 16% off preowned
SLICKDEALS16 - 16% off preowned

Go nuts.

We also have Preowned Weds & Thurs Only Flash Sale - 15% off $50, 25% off $75, and 30% off $100

As of right now it appears everything is working correctly on the website and / app.

Also - Add me to the list of those who haven’t been able to get that pesky May $5 PUR to work online.

Not sure if these are the codes, but
Promo code ‘CAG16’ appears to stack with code ‘SLICKDEALS16’ , and both appear to be live right now.
CAG16 - 16% off preowned
SLICKDEALS16 - 16% off preowned
Go nuts.
We also have Preowned Weds & Thurs Only Flash Sale - 15% off $50, 25% off $75, and 30% off $100
As of right now it appears everything is working correctly on the website and / app.
Also - Add me to the list of those who haven’t been able to get that pesky May $5 PUR to work online.
It doesn't work now. Just try to apply it on the website.

You probably want to delete the above post. It's a deal that's known around here now, but kept hush hush. If slickdealers find out, it'll get abused and will stop working.

I put two pre-owned controllers in my cart and tried both promo codes. They both don't work.

Website says those promo codes work for games and dvds though. The codes DO NOT STACK with the 15% off pre owned $19.99 or less games flash sale. The 25% off of the used accessories $75+ or 30% off $100+ can be a good deal even without codes. I might buy an Xbox One shadow controller and 2 Joy Con.

I dunno, I don't feel like there is anything left worth getting to approach anywhere close to $100 pre-owned at this point in this no-trade-in era to possibly stack with the 16s. 

Browsing for drops actually brought to my attention the $5 cert I have hanging around would work on digital Minecraft Dungeons (on switch) which seems like it would be a fun romp with the kids. Anyone been able to stack coupons on an order lately (20 + 5 certs?)

I dunno, I don't feel like there is anything left worth getting to approach anywhere close to $100 pre-owned at this point in this no-trade-in era to possibly stack with the 16s.

Browsing for drops actually brought to my attention the $5 cert I have hanging around would work on digital Minecraft Dungeons which seems like it would be a fun romp with the kids. Anyone been able to stack coupons on an order lately (20 + 5 certs?)
Not to be that guy, but Minecraft Dungeons launched on Game Pass yesterday. I'd go that route because I downloaded the game last night, and it's as deep as a puddle.

Unfortunately your efforts got undermined a few posts later. :)

unrelated :

The permanent b2g2 under 10 has been turned off online for this sale. Figured I'd check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back