2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because some people are about as smart as a wet rock. FWIW, I've already seen people taking about it on SD on the thread about the 50% off 5 or more these last week
The codes don't currently work for this sale either way. You can enter them and they get "accepted" but they don't apply (there's even a little message that confirms it).

So, why have a sale like this on 19.99 and under (which it is; not sure if that was mentioned) after just having 2 different 19.99 and under sales that were better? No one's memory is THAT short, is it?

It does work on retro but there is almost literally nothing left between 10-20 dollars on ps1 and ps2.

the stacking 16% codes only works up until you get $50, then the 15% of $50 code kicks in and deactivates the others. Makes the most you can get off of anything 32% unless you only get 4 games under $9.99. Even then you dont get free shipping which makes it worse than 50% +free shipping over $35.

Okay I just ordered an Xbox One Ocean Shadow controller, a neon yellow and Mario Odyssey red Joy Con and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition for a total of $99.38 shipped. I will also get $2-$3 back from Rakuten and Discover cash back of %1 I think it is and then they match my first year of cash back so whatever I end up paying, it's totally worth it. I'm glad I was able to get these controllers for a great price. I also finally get to play all of New Vegas and the DLC since I have it on PS3 and it runs poopy.

None of the games I wanted as part of the flash sale were in stock except New Vegas.

Unfortunately your efforts got undermined a few posts later. :)

unrelated :

The permanent b2g2 under 10 has been turned off online for this sale. Figured I'd check.
Gotta love the motormouths on here, lol. Some folks just don't know when to quit.

Unrelated: Odd as I ordered games from the B2G2 sale early this morning and the flash sale was already active.

unfortunately most of the people that can actually access that thread were banned during the infamous G-Fuel incident
Most of the regulars here can access it. It's only a matter of time before there's another glitch or unintentional stacking promotion - why does everyone want it to be talked about openly?

Most of the regulars here can access it. It's only a matter of time before there's another glitch or unintentional stacking promotion - why does everyone want it to be talked about openly?
Because some folks insist on not using common sense and keeping things quiet. I was trying my best to not let it happen by sending PMs to anyone that asked. Yet as always someone just had to blab. As the saying goes, this is why we can't have nice things.

Hunt them down how? How can you get the artwork for the ones that you need? You just go in and ask if they can give you the cover by showing your receipt?
I just go online to see which stores have the game in stock used or you can call up a store and ask and then call them up and see if it's the real or generic cover. Most of the employees will give you the real cover if they have it. I don't think I've ever had to show them a receipt.

Out of the four generic ones that I bought from that sale, I've only been able to find one real cover from stores that are open. I found the other three games in stock at Gamestops but they are closed for now.

You probably want to delete the above post. It's a deal that's known around here now, but kept hush hush. If slickdealers find out, it'll get abused and will stop working.
I saw that same coupon stack on slickdeals last week. It's been known on there.

The B2G2 under $10 that stacks with both codes is incredible. Scored like 30 DS/3DS/Wii games for like $50. Sure, they werent the expensive ones, I'm sure some wont work, and not a single one came with a case, but that's still a great deal.

On the code case, I've seen people mention it on Twitter, reddit, and others. Wont be surprised if it gets killed soon, which is why I'm getting all the cheaper stuff for the collection out of the way.

I swear, stacking is amazing. Used B2G2, both 16% off, and May PUR.....

Borderlands Collection (PS4)

New Gundam Breaker (PS4)

Dishonored 2 (PS4)

Wolfenstein New Order (PS4)

Bayonetta 2 (NS)

After tax, paid $38.40 and I used Bing Rebates, which gets 6% back on pre owned games, so I'll be getting around $2.25 back.

I could have taken out Bayonetta and paid less than $16 for the 4 after shipping and tax.

So, if you do a b2g2 of 10 dollar games with the stack and it works out to around 4 dollars a game...

... it's basically the same price as Elite Pro would have been.  Sigh... the good ol' days.

the stacking 16% codes only works up until you get $50, then the 15% of $50 code kicks in and deactivates the others. Makes the most you can get off of anything 32% unless you only get 4 games under $9.99. Even then you dont get free shipping which makes it worse than 50% +free shipping over $35.
Can you simplify pls no English my friend

So how do returns work with the buy 2 get one free? I bought a used version of a game I wanted new but from what it looks like I will need to return everything or be charged full price for the two games I keep.

So all of my games from the 50% deal came in and I think I did really well. Just about everything came in the original case and all of the discs are in great shape. Now here's where the gamestop will be gamestop comes in. I definitely scored with the two Senran Kagura games, but lo and behold, they had generic cases inside. How is it possible to send me everything that came with the limited editions, but have the games in generic cases inside haha. Its baffling, but overall it was a great haul. 

[attachment=34080:20200527_192609.jpg]

[attachment=34081:20200527_192653.jpg]

That's not entirely true because the 15% off $50 only applies to games under $20 and the 16% off works for 3 paid games.

Pay for 2 $10 games, get 2 $10 games for free, as long as the 3rd paid game is above $20, the 15% off $50 doesn't kick in.

I tested it out with...WWII, Injustice 2, Fallout 76, Halo 5 Guardians, and Astral Chain. Came out to $7.05, $7.05, $0, $0, and $38.80. After taking tax into consideration, those 5 games came out to roughly 44% off.

The free preowned game from memorial day b2g1 free sale arrived today however the two new games I purchased have not changed from preparing for shipment. I have been charged the full amount for the two new games.

With Gamestop trade-in halted and next-gen gaming on the short horizon, you can get alot of bang for your buck right now selling your old console on eBay.

OG PS4 are selling for over $300 & PS4 Pros @ $400. 

Was able to sell my PS4 pro w/ over a dozen games form the b1g3 gs promo for nearly $600.  Got rid of my Psvr for over $300.

Saving the OG PS4 for TLOU2 and GoT.  But who knows, at this price, may aswell sell it and play these exclusives on next-gen. 

The free preowned game from memorial day b2g1 free sale arrived today however the two new games I purchased have not changed from preparing for shipment. I have been charged the full amount for the two new games.
Expect to wait for a little while. All games that get immediately, or almost immediately, shipped out are from stores. If it doesn't get shipped out within 24-36 hours, it's coming from the warehouse, and its totally up in the air from there. You might get it in 3 days, or you might get it in 10.

I have a few orders from the 17th that still haven't been picked up by USPS. They show delivery dates of June 5th. Will almost hit the 20 day mark if those dates hold.

Picked up my latest B2G2 order from my home store, more of what could be considered filler.

:ps4: NBA Live 16 (generic case and cover, as expected).

:xb1:  Forza Horizon 2 (original case, generic cover - backup to digital)

:xb1:  Forza Horizon 3 (original case, generic case - backup to digital)

:xb1:  LEGO Movie Videogame (original case and cover) w/ LEGO Marvel Super Heroes inside the case  :headache:

So now I have to take a trip back to the store first thing tomorrow and hope they actually have the right game. I thought about going tonight, my conscience said no go and I started feeling funny. Better safe than sorry.

With Gamestop trade-in halted and next-gen gaming on the short horizon, you can get alot of bang for your buck right now selling your old console on eBay.

Was able to sell my PS4 pro w/ over a dozen games form the b1g3 gs promo for nearly $600. Got rid of my Psvr for over $300.

Saving the OG PS4 for TLOU2 and GoT. But who knows, at this price, may aswell sell it and play these exclusives on next-gen.
You should of tried Facebook Marketplace. I sold mine, paid no fees and no shipping.

The B2G1 from Memorial Day worked on used consoles, but everything was out of stock online.

Yea, not sure why i didn't thank of FB Marketplace to avoid selling fees.

Well, right now due to the pandemic, pre-owned consoles are selling for outrageous price. Best to cash in now or get 1/2 value in 6 weeks.

You should of tried Facebook Marketplace. I sold mine, paid no fees and no shipping.

The B2G1 from Memorial Day worked on used consoles, but everything was out of stock online.

Expect to wait for a little while. All games that get immediately, or almost immediately, shipped out are from stores. If it doesn't get shipped out within 24-36 hours, it's coming from the warehouse, and its totally up in the air from there. You might get it in 3 days, or you might get it in 10.

I have a few orders from the 17th that still haven't been picked up by USPS. They show delivery dates of June 5th. Will almost hit the 20 day mark if those dates hold.
Yeah, they sent an email out about orders taking so long. I ordered a controller on the 20th, the website says I ordered it on the 21st, it didn't ship out until yesterday, and even then it hasn't been picked up by USPS (who themselves are running very far behind). UPS is the better way right now to ship. It sucks because I ordered games and got them a while ago from GameStop, part of that 5/50% off deal, and had a controller coming from Amazon in the mail that arrived opened and broken. So right now, I have no controller.

I would have been better off going in person and picking up a controller for $5 more instead of just waiting, but what can you do I guess.

So all of my games from the 50% deal came in and I think I did really well. Just about everything came in the original case and all of the discs are in great shape. Now here's where the gamestop will be gamestop comes in. I definitely scored with the two Senran Kagura games, but lo and behold, they had generic cases inside. How is it possible to send me everything that came with the limited editions, but have the games in generic cases inside haha. Its baffling, but overall it was a great haul.
Gamestop seriously sent you the estival box with cd, artbook, and cards? That is craaazy considering they could have just sent the game as is in the generic case. Wooow! Now I feel like returning my copy cause im so salty.

My Ni No Kuni White Witch (Switch) game came in the display only box. Guess that's better than generic but hoping I can switch the box out when stores reopen in NorCal East Bay, whenever that is. All in all, only paid 17.63 plus tax so I can't really complain.

Out of curiosity, anyone know if t-shirts bought online can be easily returned in store (again when it reopens)? Shirt is smaller than expected... or maybe its the quarentine 15.

Gamestop seriously sent you the estival box with cd, artbook, and cards? That is craaazy considering they could have just sent the game as is in the generic case. Wooow! Now I feel like returning my copy cause im so salty.
Yeah! I couldn't believe it. All of my games were sent from what I'm assuming is the Texas distribution center. Location was Grapevine and says Gamestop Returns Dept. They must have been sent back at some point by a customer, and I just got the luck of the draw. Wonder what happened to the original cases?

Was able to sell my PS4 pro w/ over a dozen games form the b1g3 gs promo for nearly $600. Got rid of my Psvr for over $300.

Saving the OG PS4 for TLOU2 and GoT. But who knows, at this price, may aswell sell it and play these exclusives on next-gen.
I had been trying to sell my Star Wars Vader Edition PlayStation 4 with 8 games for $300 since December 1st. I was finally able to sell it for $280 about a week before the quarantine happened. I figured that people would not spend money but obviously the opposite happened. I could have made more money if I just held onto the console for another week or two but again, I had been trying to sell it for months and three of the times I tried to sell they backed out or didn't show up. I felt so relieved finally selling it.

I don't mess with eBay. I do everything on OfferUp, Facebook or Craigslist locally. I've heard way too many horror stories about people getting screwed out of their money so I never ship.

20200527_192609.jpg
20200527_192653.jpg
Definitely got lucky with the senran kagura copies. We’re they sealed?

Look who's back... he sent me this PM. Spoiler tagged due to the length of his rant.

I've been watching this forum very, very closely and am happy to report that Jaridb brought a new loophole to light. You know, the one about two codes stacking at a certain store that shouldn't be. And people on here have been taking advantage of it for a few weeks now according to my informant. Well, something tells me that "someone" is drafting up a certified letter right now and is going to make this certain company is made aware that people are ripping them off. And will be sending them an e-mail as well. So better enjoy it now because they're going to be made aware of it very soon.

And it couldn't have been done without Jaridb's post. He might be a moron, but he did a better job altering me of something than the informant that I've been paying with PSN credit and will be firing very soon for not letting me know about this weeks ago even though he was aware of it. I would hire Jaridb, but we all know that he's obviously too stupid to keep his mouth shut. And he basically gave away information for free that I would have gladly paid $50 in PSN credit for. But I won't complain. I have the information I need for free and can save the PSN credit for myself. What game should I buy?

So what is the story? New to this and I got tag in that too.
A guy with grudges and way too much time on his hands, I am the Cheapest Gamer (or IATCG for short). He'll lurk and start new accounts when "loopholes" are being talked about here. Typical talk from him is he's going rat us out to Gamestop corporate via certified mail and emails.

He's also got a pension for leaving unwarranted negative feedback for certain others here. In fact another user he warned he's back again and leaving negative feedback for some.

Look who's back... he sent me this PM. Spoiler tagged due to the length of his rant.

I've been watching this forum very, very closely and am happy to report that Jaridb brought a new loophole to light. You know, the one about two codes stacking at a certain store that shouldn't be. And people on here have been taking advantage of it for a few weeks now according to my informant. Well, something tells me that "someone" is drafting up a certified letter right now and is going to make this certain company is made aware that people are ripping them off. And will be sending them an e-mail as well. So better enjoy it now because they're going to be made aware of it very soon.

And it couldn't have been done without Jaridb's post. He might be a moron, but he did a better job altering me of something than the informant that I've been paying with PSN credit and will be firing very soon for not letting me know about this weeks ago even though he was aware of it. I would hire Jaridb, but we all know that he's obviously too stupid to keep his mouth shut. And he basically gave away information for free that I would have gladly paid $50 in PSN credit for. But I won't complain. I have the information I need for free and can save the PSN credit for myself. What game should I buy?
Aw, now I don't feel as special. :( I got it too... like an STD.

I guess some people live off of pennies.  Why would anyone waste time writing letters to gamestop?  HAHA!   Pathetic!  

Final order came in from the 50% off sale (all 3 came with OG cases, yessss):

Trover Saves the Universe

The Evil Within

Sairento: VR

Stacking codes sounds so tempting, but paying $4 for shipping sucks...decisions, decisions...

What are the chances I can call GS and swap out one of my B2G1F games? I picked Bayo/Vanquish as one of my games thinking it was the steelbook edition but it wasn't. I would just return it in store when they open next week here in IL but it was the free one so I'm afraid they've just refund me $0.

Shit, I was going to say something simlar... I did my count yesterday and over the past few weeks of sales, I've purchased almost 30 used games, of which I got like 6 with original cases, and most of the rest were in generic cases... and for some, they didn't even send a case, just the yellow envelope.

Man, that Zelda collector box DOTD would sell so much better if it had the amiibo in a different pose instead of a "vinyl figure"  :whee:

What are the chances I can call GS and swap out one of my B2G1F games? I picked Bayo/Vanquish as one of my games thinking it was the steelbook edition but it wasn't. I would just return it in store when they open next week here in IL but it was the free one so I'm afraid they've just refund me $0.
I bought Bayonetta online maybe a week or two after it came out online and got the same thing. Disappointing since the picture clearly (still) says steelbook edition.

As far as returns YMMV but in my experience, since the sale is over you'd have to return all 3 games for what you paid. Now if your copy shipped separately and said "$40" on the packing list (thus no proof of B2G1), you could return it.

IATCG is a troll and he would go away for good if you just stopped acknowledging his existence... posting the bs he sends you just gives him fuel to continue.

Just ignore him like gamestop does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back