2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
IATCG is a troll and he would go away for good if you just stopped acknowledging his existence... posting the bs he sends you just gives him fuel to continue.

Just ignore him like gamestop does.
Trust that most if not all of us have ignored him and he keeps coming back like a recurring nightmare. He takes sick pleasure in what he does whether he has an audience or not. I imagine he's posting this same garbage on SD and other forums and constantly causing headaches for them too.

Definitely got lucky with the senran kagura copies. We’re they sealed?
They weren't sealed. They must have been customer returns, or gutted new copies since they both had generic cases. Both soundtracks were still sealed in plastic as well as the cards though. Only thing that seems to be missing is the manual for Estival Versus, but I can't complain as I was expecting both of these, and the majority of everything else to arrive disc only/generic case.

Anyone who did a backorder on the DS4 Back Button attachment, my credit card was charged and order now says "preparing for shipment". Even with shipping, much better than the $100+ on Ebay.

They finally sent my replacement .Hack GU Recode order. Never even sent a confirmation or shipping email. Hell I didn't even know it was here until I walked out my front door and damn near stepped on it.

Atleast it was in its actual case/cover. Otherwise I'd have been a bit salty

I got my 2nd order of B2G1F games... and all three are gutted. I forgot about gutted games because I haven't bought anything new from them in ages. 

I got my 2nd order of B2G1F games... and all three are gutted. I forgot about gutted games because I haven't bought anything new from them in ages.
That’s sad. I don’t even know how they are legally still able to get away with that, at the very least it’s false advertising.

My "new" Ffvii remake was gutted and placed a sticker on the side and case was partially damaged. Thanks Gamestop! Also redeeming rewards doesn't work either. Was on the phone for 2 hours to get a working code, failed both times and finally got free shipping on the Hori Fighting command ps4 controller. They still owe me 5k in points. Jesus fkn christ

Has anyone else had issues with reward certificate redemption lately?  I got a $15 online code that didn't work.  They gave me the points back and the second one doesn't either.

Has anyone else had issues with reward certificate redemption lately? I got a $15 online code that didn't work. They gave me the points back and the second one doesn't either.
I've been seeing this more and more... that people's PUR and rewards certs don't work. I want to say that it's prob because GS fucked up and their store seeings redemption of the rewards/PUR bonus as being conflicted with one of their on going sales.

Has anyone else had issues with reward certificate redemption lately? I got a $15 online code that didn't work. They gave me the points back and the second one doesn't either.
Have you tried it on a PSN or XBL gift card? It worked for me when I copy and pasted the code, but this was last month. The $5 PUR monthly cert did not work on any sale items for me except for P5 Royal edition.

I just got my buy 2 get 1 free games. Really surprised how quick I got everything. 2 were new but Code Vein was a used copy but I got lucky since it came with the original case and the disc is flawless.

My "new" Ffvii remake was gutted and placed a sticker on the side and case was partially damaged. Thanks Gamestop! Also redeeming rewards doesn't work either. Was on the phone for 2 hours to get a working code, failed both times and finally got free shipping on the Hori Fighting command ps4 controller. They still owe me 5k in points. Jesus fkn christ
How can I tell if I am being rewarded points wise?

Interesting how GameStop still hasn't gotten my order to USPS, and it's gone from expected to be here on the 4th to the 8th now. 19 day (13 business) shipping is really, really extreme and inexcusable. Especially considering the fact they could use UPS instead of USPS, who are taking far longer than usual. I mean the package hasn't even gotten to USPS yet and it's been over 3 days since they said it was shipped.

Not sure if you guys are also getting this, but I would recommend being cautious ordering online right now. After this, I'm going to take a few months to wait for this to all blow over and not order online. I would have cancelled my order if I knew it would have taken this long. Insane. Won't call GameStop support either, after I had to wait 30 days for charges to drop off last year on PayPal, and got email support 2 months after I contacted them, waited 5 hours on the phone with customer service to only have it shut down.

Interesting how GameStop still hasn't gotten my order to USPS, and it's gone from expected to be here on the 4th to the 8th now. 19 day (13 business) shipping is really, really extreme and inexcusable. Especially considering the fact they could use UPS instead of USPS, who are taking far longer than usual. I mean the package hasn't even gotten to USPS yet and it's been over 3 days since they said it was shipped.

Not sure if you guys are also getting this, but I would recommend being cautious ordering online right now. After this, I'm going to take a few months to wait for this to all blow over and not order online. I would have cancelled my order if I knew it would have taken this long. Insane. Won't call GameStop support either, after I had to wait 30 days for charges to drop off last year on PayPal, and got email support 2 months after I contacted them, waited 5 hours on the phone with customer service to only have it shut down.
I was hesitant calling, but two weeks ago, I only waited for 20 mins.

I was hesitant calling, but two weeks ago, I only waited for 20 mins.
GameStop is hit or miss, certainly better than before in August when I had that issue. I had orders partially ship and get here the day after I ordered and then the rest come 3-4 days later. But 19 days is ridiculous.

Gamestop might have sent your package out, it just the local post office hasn't done anything with it yet. My wife works for a home delivery pharmacy company and apparently shipping anything out right now is a nightmare. According to the shippers she deals with (Fedex and USPS) they are experiencing 2-3x Christmas levels right now. Normally during the Christmas season they would hire seasonal help. Not only is that not happening, but they are down to about half of their normal staffing levels due to the virus. Of course, you can take all of that with a grain of salt and maybe it's just the area we live, but it would make sense for it to be country wide.

That being said, I'm in the same boat you are with Gamestop. I ordered 5 games on the 19th and every time I track it, the expected delivery date goes back a day. It sucks, but at this point there's not much to be done.

Check to see if the tracking number is for UPS. On the order page it says usps, but when i checked the number on UPS, it was a valid number.

Anyone else having problems with the online certs? Got a $5 online only cert and I've tried it on three different orders and it always says "coupon could not be added to your cart". Its really annoying.

Anyone else having problems with the online certs? Got a $5 online only cert and I've tried it on three different orders and it always says "coupon could not be added to your cart". Its really annoying.
Yeah same here, I'm really confused as to why its not working either.

Same here. My pro expired already. I wonder if that has anything to do with it

Have you tried tracking it though UPS Mail Innovations? https://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

For some strange reason Gamestop is not including if the package is initially being picked by UPS (or possibly FedEx).

Same here. My pro expired already. I wonder if that has anything to do with it
Its not your pro expiring, its the website that has had problems with certificates for a long time. I've had both outcomes, one my certificate never showed up but my points were taken, and two my certificate showed up but would not work. Had to call both times and have my points refunded.

With Gamestop trade-in halted and next-gen gaming on the short horizon, you can get alot of bang for your buck right now selling your old console on eBay.

OG PS4 are selling for over $300 & PS4 Pros @ $400.

Was able to sell my PS4 pro w/ over a dozen games form the b1g3 gs promo for nearly $600. Got rid of my Psvr for over $300.

Saving the OG PS4 for TLOU2 and GoT. But who knows, at this price, may aswell sell it and play these exclusives on next-gen.
This is true of about any gaming console or games from any generation. The market is super hot right now, I presume due to more people staying home.

75% off Overwatch and Gamestop Exclusive collectibles going on now.
Not a fan of pops, but do like the little mini-keychain figures to line up in a row on top of my monitor even though i don't play or watch OW anymore! :twoguns:Might grab a statue just to piss off the wife! heh.

Gamestop is notorious for ruining Wii U discs with their resurfacing machines.
Same with Gamecube and Wii. Nintendo discs seems to really not like Gamestop's resurfacing.

Also, I placed an order hours ago and there is no email confirmation and nothng about the order on the "my orders" section of the website. Basically, the only evidence I placed an order is the charge on my paypal account.

Got a package delivered by ups yesterday. Looks like it went through a war zone, ripped completely in half and sloppily taped together with the contents exposed. Needless to say one of the games is missing. Looks like I get to call customer service

The DoTD was pretty good. Kinda salty I missed the Mercy Figma since I collect Overwatch Statues/Nendo's/Figmas, but I did manage to get a Soldier 76 and Torbjorn nendo for pickup, along with a Soldier 76 Nerf Gun for around $32.

Couldn't find the McCree or Reaper nerf guns instock anywhere here

Same with Gamecube and Wii. Nintendo discs seems to really not like Gamestop's resurfacing.

Also, I placed an order hourse ago and there is no email confirmation and nothig about the order on the "orders" section of the website. Basically, the only evidence I placed an order is the charge on my paypal account.
I also feel like Wii U discs in general had higher failure rates. I've never had a brand new game not work, except on the Wii U. I remember my copies of Wind Waker HD and Game & Wario did not work for me. With Wind Waker, it was especially frustrating because it was the CE and sold out everywhere so I had to wait for Nintendo to replace the disc vs going into a store to get it replaced.

But I also agree here that GS machines destroy GC games. I remember when they cleared out their GC inventory and I bought like 40 games and had to return 30 of them. You'd think they'd fix their machines but nope, still happens.

Seems like it's a good idea to test the chunk of Wii games I've recently bought from GS, though I wasnt planning on needing to. What about DS/3DS games? Are those usually ok similar to switch games, or should all of those be tested too?

Will a $50 PUR online coupon work on a $49.99 game?
It would work but unfortunately the online coupons don't seem to be working for most, if not all, people on here - I don't think it would be worth the gamble using it on a $50 coupon then having to call them up and wait for hours on the phone trying to get your points back

I'm showing that my copy of Maneater has shipped but theres no tracking yet. Its been like that since last week with the B2G1 Memorial Day sale, anyone recieve their full order yet?

I'm showing that my copy of Maneater has shipped but theres no tracking yet. Its been like that since last week with the B2G1 Memorial Day sale, anyone recieve their full order yet?
I see the same thing, but an expected delivery date of 6/9. I hate that Gamestop uses USPS now because those packages take sooooooo long to arrive.

I've been doing so much shopping with gamestop.com during this pandemic it's crazy. And theyve been amazing. But I'm so pissed at them for store level. My store opened this week, and I had 2 exclusive pops pre ordered for my daughter. They released, and I'm told they are not getting any shipments and theres nothing they can do as far as my orders since it's not available on the site.
What a joke, they should have stock allotted for those pre orders

The spiderman noir statue that I had for pickup got cancelled, and theres none around in the entire area now. Could've ordered online with my order last night, but thought picking it up absolutely wouldn't be a problem. Now theres no way to get one.

No idea how the fuck a store has screwed up statue inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back