2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They closed everything in our area, we're just outside of Chicago. Looters/vandals are going around causing a lot of havoc... the police have no way to distinguish them from the actual protesters.

2020 is seriously looking to be insane.
A GameStop store was looted and burned down here last night. Methinks somebody's not getting their preorders. :whistle2:k

GameStop is fighting the covid 19 pandemic and looters, what else could go wrong?
As bad as it sounds it is possible with insurance the loss of inventory due to looting may be postive since those items would have never sold otherwise. I might be wrong though.

Your store has lets say $500,000 worth of merchandise your not going to sell 50+ copies of Madden, Destiny 2, defective merchandise, inventory errors, some collectibles, clothing, games and more. Having a fresh start filling the store with other stores used games might do wonders. Some stores do arson and insurance fraud to do this. This might be a godsend for Gamestop.

As if the restrictions from covid weren't bad enough, now we have idiots going around causing issues and forcing curfews. Doesnt help the protesters are in large groups, and that itself isn't helping "flatten the curve". This crap going on is only going to probably facilitate further spread of the Corona virus.

Been waiting for gamestop to open back up so I can return some games, but forget about that. If it were just limited to that, I couldn't care less... but thanks to this we all may as well kiss summer goodbye.

In closing, people suck.

As if the restrictions from covid weren't bad enough, now we have idiots going around causing issues and forcing curfews. Doesnt help the protesters are in large groups, and that itself isn't helping "flatten the curve". This crap going on is only going to probably facilitate further spread of the Corona virus.

Been waiting for gamestop to open back up so I can return some games, but forget about that. If it were just limited to that, I couldn't care less... but thanks to this we all may as well kiss summer goodbye.

In closing, people suck.
Black people are being hunted in the street like dogs but god forbid you can’t return some games.

Helll..... No!!!! Did they loot all the Destiny 2 PS4 games. Waited a week for GS to re-open to grab my instore pickup copy.. fn damn looters. I hope GS can still afford my fn refund after bankruptcy.

3 locations looted here, one in Uptown Minneapolis on Lake st.

Is anyone noticing stock inventory issues? I noticed a lot of games that were in stock in multiple stores (even in closed ones) are showing as no stock at all within 100 miles and is giving errors.

Is anyone noticing stock inventory issues? I noticed a lot of games that were in stock in multiple stores (even in closed ones) are showing as no stock at all within 100 miles and is giving errors.
Yes, I did notice that as well. I was lead to believe maybe it was a store that was closing for good, but it still shows some other games in stock.

Looks like another local GS has been completely looted. That's two tonight and likely more on the way sadly.

Edit: Didn't realize another one had been hit saturday night. Looks like more store closures really are coming.

I don't see how these big retailers recover from this. They'll get some money, sure. But places like GS rely on secondhand stuff. Theres will be little to non of that left around here. Glad I got most of what I had to from those stores over the last week.

Looks like another local GS has been completely looted. That's two tonight and likely more on the way sadly.

Edit: Didn't realize another one had been hit saturday night. Looks like more store closures really are coming.

I don't see how these big retailers recover from this. They'll get some money, sure. But places like GS rely on secondhand stuff. Theres will be little to non of that left around here. Glad I got most of what I had to from those stores over the last week.
GameStop corporate will probably do better financially collecting the insurance money than they would have by continuing to operate the locations that were looted.

GameStop corporate will probably do better financially collecting the insurance money than they would have by continuing to operate the locations that were looted.
Exactly, and most stores would probably be better off collecting the insurance money since they're filled with merchandise that they can't sell now. Most of the valuable merchandise are almost completely sold out.

Not to mention that they will now be able to claim any inventory discrepancies as being stolen. If I was GameStop, I'd hope all my stores got looted.

Exactly, and most stores would probably be better off collecting the insurance money since they're filled with merchandise that they can't sell now. Most of the valuable merchandise are almost completely sold out.

The bastards looted all of the copies of Cory in The House. There isn't a copy within 100 miles.

51Fs%2BalNNOL.jpg

Yep, still looks like they didn't fix the inventory issue. What a time to have it happen. Had a cart full of Vita games ready to buy at one store and can't do so.

Hopefully it gets fixed by the time stores open on the East Coast

Where are you guys seeing this? All I saw was 30% off $100 and that was last week.
So I was wondering the same thing, and added a bunch of pre-owned games to my cart and it triggered this message:

Get 15% off a $40+ purchase of Pre-Owned Games valued $19.99 or less, 30% off $75+, 50% off $100+!

Fallout 76
Platform: PlayStation 4
Edition: Standard
Condition: Pre-Owned
Game Play Guarantee: No protection plan

Edit
Get 15% off a $40+ purchase of Pre-Owned Games valued $19.99 or less, 30% off $75+, 50% off $100+!

The deal isn't advertised anywhere so it is either an additional Deal of the Day or a hidden weekly deal. I'm going to assume its a Deal of the Day because of how steep the discount is.

The bastards looted all of the copies of Cory in The House. There isn't a copy within 100 miles.

51Fs%2BalNNOL.jpg
Didn't you hear? Corey had to evacuate to the bunker. Might not be a house left for Corey when this all blows over...

I agree...time to bust out the wallet again, even though i just did two back-to-back B2G2 orders with the stacking codes.

The deal isn't advertised anywhere so it is either an additional Deal of the Day or a hidden weekly deal. I'm going to assume its a Deal of the Day because of how steep the discount is.

This might be completely out of the blue but did anyone buy Sakura Wars launch edition from GS and find the shrinkwrap kinda loose? 

This will be fun. It's going to be a lottery getting orders completed if your orders are getting shipped from stores that have already been looted or stores closing due to the proximity of rioting.  

This will be fun. It's going to be a lottery getting orders completed if your orders are getting shipped from stores that have already been looted or stores closing due to the proximity of rioting.
This is what I'm thinking... a decent number of GS stores in large cities, where there was looting and it's going to result in a lot of orders getting cancelled.

Isnt ordering for store pickup the same type of lottery, luck, fingers crossed situation, or is it just me? Five different store pickup orders, 4 stores, only 1 actually had everything, 2 were canceled and 2 were missing items. Does this not happen to anybody else??

edit: this used to happen all the time with the old store holds, but I was referencing paid orders on the "new" gs system.

So my status for 3 controllers I ordered Wednesday the 27th are still in preparing to ship. Does anyone know how long controllers take to actually ship? My game got here days ago so just waiting on the controllers.

Appreciate the heads up on the %50 off $100. I just picked up a 2DS XL at Walmart yesterday and this was a great opportunity snag a few games to get started.

New Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda: OOT
Luigi's Mansion: DM
Star Fox 64
Ultimate NES Remix

$58 after tax and discounts

I was up to like $99 but decided to scale back...

Now that I have rolled the proverbial dice...we wait

Got the shipped email...

I know their rewards system is iffy, but do PUR certificates work with these types of sales? The B2G2 or these %-off sales? I realized I still need to use up my points. 

The sale is on the front page now. How do they have any games left for these sales? What's the pre-owned sales count up to now, about 10?

MM96LKV.jpg

I know their rewards system is iffy, but do PUR certificates work with these types of sales? The B2G2 or these %-off sales? I realized I still need to use up my points.
Tried the "online only" version of those certificates and it didn't even show up in my active offers. So I wouldn't bother with the online only versions. In the past they worked, but cancelled out the sale by disqualifying games.

First, it was getting a "new" game from the online store with the Gamestop circle sticker seal. Second, it was only being able to use two gift cards per online transaction. Third, this coupon issue.

I think Gamestop has replaced Nintendo as being the number 1 company for me, to not want money.

So I was wondering the same thing, and added a bunch of pre-owned games to my cart and it triggered this message:

Fallout 76

Platform: PlayStation 4

Edition: Standard

Condition: Pre-Owned

Game Play Guarantee: No protection plan

Edit

I hope they fix it by morning since that current preowned deal is really insane. 50% for orders of $100 is really awesome
God damnit. Great. Thanks a lot guys. Just had to spend more money.... already had a list of 3ds games that I was going to get when the next sale like this happened, and got them all. Had to scale back too as another guy said, cause I was going overboard.

The sale is on the front page now. How do they have any games left for these sales? What's the pre-owned sales count up to now, about 10?

MM96LKV.jpg
You know, I'm wondering if they mass converted some of their new invt to used.

One of my orders consisted of Soul Calibur VI, Metro Redux and Last Guardian. All 3 games looked new, had the case and Metro have had some random insert. I've never seen that. Most everything else I've ordered before has been your typical used condition, no case/manual/inserts outside of a few things. That or they've been hoarding stuff all this time to control the market price.

Also, shockingly, all 6 of my items from my order this AM shipped in 1 large order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back