2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Gamestop only had in-store prices match DotDs during the holiday season last year.
Can you not just do store pickup if they have it cased the way you want? I have done an online order for pickup while in a store. I told them what I was doing and they held it while I browsed around, it was under 10 minutes for it to hit their system. I have called and asked if something was complete as well and they held it for my pickup order to come through...that was during curbside pickup only in my area.

Can you not just do store pickup if they have it cased the way you want? I have done an online order for pickup while in a store. I told them what I was doing and they held it while I browsed around, it was under 10 minutes for it to hit their system. I have called and asked if something was complete as well and they held it for my pickup order to come through...that was during curbside pickup only in my area.
Yes, you can do this. However, the system isn't consistent in how long it takes for a store pickup order to appear in that store's orders.

I ordered a copy of Fallout for store pickup and at the last second it changed the store to one across town. Do I have to call them to cancel the order?

How is the Fusion U Headset?

I'm looking for a good starter headset for console gaming; the xbone did not come with one and the x360 does not fit.

I really didn't care much for the x360 headset but they got the job done. I have a set of Turtle Beach Earforce X12. I keep adjusting the volume so I can hear the game and chat but to avoid the static noise with the x12.

How is the Fusion U Headset?

I'm looking for a good starter headset for console gaming; the xbone did not come with one and the x360 does not fit.

I really didn't care much for the x360 headset but they got the job done. I have a set of Turtle Beach Earforce X12. I keep adjusting the volume so I can hear the game and chat but to avoid the static noise with the x12.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset

I like the official one!

picked up my order from last weeks buy 2 $14.99 games for $15 got Everybody's Golf PS4 and Escapestists 1 and 2 PS4 both came in generic cases but since today they are letting people in store I was able to fine the case and original art work for Escapestists 1 and 2 it was a new to used copy now all I need to do is fine a store with the original art work for Everybody's Golf

So I have to drive across town to cancel an in store pickup that somehow got put at a store across town. Called them and they said either come there or wait 7 days for a refund so I guess I will just wait. Really dumb that I can’t cancel the order on the website

So I have to drive across town to cancel an in store pickup that somehow got put at a store across town. Called them and they said either come there or wait 7 days for a refund so I guess I will just wait. Really dumb that I can’t cancel the order on the website
It's been like this for the last 15 years at least.

I get the feeling that any day now I'm going to see in the news that Gamestop is going to file for Bankruptcy. Just look at all the other companies that are currently filing for Bankruptcy that were doing better than Gamestop before Covid-19 ex. 24 Fitness, JCPenny, Denny's, Chucky Cheese to name a few.

Having a hard time resisting the urge to return the conveniently split delivery of 10 $30 games for full (pre-50%) off price... morals.... damnit!

What's everyone's success rate for original cases so far? I'm at 7/9 for ps4 games and 1/14 for 3ds games (ouch!) with more to come. Will probably return most of the 3ds games...

What's everyone's success rate for original cases so far? I'm at 7/9 for ps4 games and 1/14 for 3ds games (ouch!) with more to come. Will probably return most of the 3ds games...
Ordered something like 22ish ds/3ds games and ended up with about 5 or 6 original 3ds cases. So approx 20-25% on those. I think it was about 4 or 5 ds games and zero cases, so excluding ds, 3ds was probably more like 30-35% for me.

I can list specifics when I inventory the rest of them if anyone really cares.

Another day, another issue. This time I ordered a new uncharted: lost legacy, instead I got a very used copy of Until Dawn... calling in has been fairly painless, but this is the third mistake now.

I wonder if DS/3DS is so bad because it's like kids putting their games in those multi-game holders and throwing away the original box or something. My brother bought 7 DS/3DS games and only 1 of them had the original case I believe. He has 8 more coming in as well, not expecting much.

For me though, success rate has been decent on recent orders. PS4 7/10, X1 2/4, 360 2/3, PS3 3/4. PS3 was actually impressive as multiple games had their full manual/paperwork and one even had a dlc code I was able to redeem.

I wonder if DS/3DS is so bad because it's like kids putting their games in those multi-game holders and throwing away the original box or something. My brother bought 7 DS/3DS games and only 1 of them had the original case I believe. He has 8 more coming in as well, not expecting much.

For me though, success rate has been decent on recent orders. PS4 7/10, X1 2/4, 360 2/3, PS3 3/4. PS3 was actually impressive as multiple games had their full manual/paperwork and one even had a dlc code I was able to redeem.
I would assume the ds being a portable system and the cases are not along with the cartridges don't need scratch protection like a discs make it the perfect storm for case neglect.

Sucks for me since play time is limited and I actually get enjoyment from the case art on the shelf...

Having a hard time resisting the urge to return the conveniently split delivery of 10 $30 games for full (pre-50%) off price... morals.... damnit!
If that’s your sole intent, I personally feel that would be wrong, but not judging. GameStop is still a professional business that should know what it is doing by this point. I’ve returned one or two out of a bundle like that, I even mentioned it was part of a 50% off sale to the cashier, and they still just gave me full price back...if I get a junk replacement case and print out cover, it’s going back, and they can refund how they want. I don’t see anything wrong with that, not much more I could have done, and I knew going in I was only keeping the ones I received complete. I just got PS4 and switch, and they did really well overall. First time I’ve ever bought pre-owned from GameStop actually, and I ended up getting like 20! Kept 17 overall. Is this one of the better pre-owned sales GameStop has ever done? Seems like it has to be, I never found enough at a good price prior.

Gamestop throws/threw DS (and 3DS) cases away when they were no longer a hot system, and they needed to condense their inventories to make space. It was and is largely on a store-by-store or district by district basis, but I'd wager than a significant chunk of destroyed artwork and instruction manuals for the handhelds are entirely because of gamestop purging them.

So I ordered Ultra Street Fighter IV and I recieved an Ultra Street Fighter IV case but a Super Street Fighter IV disc.
Does anyone know if I can return and exchange for the correct disc if i find a local store that has it?

If that’s your sole intent, I personally feel that would be wrong, but not judging. GameStop is still a professional business that should know what it is doing by this point. I’ve returned one or two out of a bundle like that, I even mentioned it was part of a 50% off sale to the cashier, and they still just gave me full price back...if I get a junk replacement case and print out cover, it’s going back, and they can refund how they want. I don’t see anything wrong with that, not much more I could have done, and I knew going in I was only keeping the ones I received complete. I just got PS4 and switch, and they did really well overall. First time I’ve ever bought pre-owned from GameStop actually, and I ended up getting like 20! Kept 17 overall. Is this one of the better pre-owned sales GameStop has ever done? Seems like it has to be, I never found enough at a good price prior.
For non-system specific sales, In recent years it has been second only to post-christmas sale this year were everything was... half off or buy 2g2 (something of that ilk), with the pro discounts still potentially available.

During the end of the PS2/Xbox generation's run, games got as low, I believe, as 90% off.

I will return a few without cases and buy an Xbox card. The receipts are usually my paid price.
Yea, it seems hit or miss on if the packing slip invoice will have the listed price or the discounted price, it makes returning $0.00 games impossible to get a refund for (if it's not possible to get a replacement), but easy to get a refund for more than you paid for it in the other case.

If that’s your sole intent, I personally feel that would be wrong, but not judging.
Intent was the flip to amazon, so if they get rejected they're going back to GS full price since they aren't in stock anywhere near me. :D/

I don’t think I can call my games a backlog anymore, it’s a probably never log now.  But getting all for a price that I could resell them and more than get my money back, even years down the road, it would be a worse decision to just not get them...right?  I have way too many games now, but such good prices!  I signed up for pro for the first time ever last month too, the extra points I earned more than paid it off and I’m looking forward to the game informer physical subscription, if one eventually arrives, taking awhile.

Just a heads up since I see a few people have had this issue: If you take too long to checkout after you log in (or haven't logged in to begin with), once you log in to check out, it automatically switches the pickup store to your home store (or store closest to you if you haven't picked one). I only notice because my cart will suddenly say "Items are not available at that location" and I'll notice the store has been switched.

Just a heads up since I see a few people have had this issue: If you take too long to checkout after you log in (or haven't logged in to begin with), once you log in to check out, it automatically switches the pickup store to your home store (or store closest to you if you haven't picked one). I only notice because my cart will suddenly say "Items are not available at that location" and I'll notice the store has been switched.
yeah did this to me today

I've gotten more 3ds cases with ds games I have ordered because gamestop is hilarious. Only 3ds title that came in a 3ds case was fire emblem birthright and it was missing the cover art. All the others have come in generic cases.

ps4 wise I was luckier on that end. 10 titles order 8 in their original cases. dq heroes 1 and 2, south park fractured, monster hunter world, kh2.8, digimon next, penguin wars, world of final fantasy all in cases world to the west and jump stars in generic cases. I did have some back luck with dq2 since the case was smashed on the bottom right corner.

I ordered two Switch, two PS4, and one Xbone game. Only the xbone game didn't have the original case/artwork. As an added bonus, it's also scratched to high heaven and the layers are starting to separate on the edge where a decent chip is missing from the disc. COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE THOUGH.

They are really trying to clear out the Vita games. B1G1 DoTD today.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/more-platforms/ps-vita/games

JUmvHTL.jpg

I'm not getting free shipping with the PS Vita games sale (although the banner says free shipping over $35), and CAG16 doesn't work on other pre-owned games in my cart at the same time with the Vita games.  When I remove them, both pop up.

I looked over the last couple of pages and did a search but wasn't able to find the answer.  Before all of the stores were shutting down I was able to use the five dollar monthly coupon on a $10 PSN card.  Has anyone tried doing that since the stores have reopened?  

Called customer service this morning, it was painless really, hold time was only like 5 minutes and the dude took my info and said I would get an email conf and replacement in 7-10 days. He offered me the option of refund or replacement, I wanted the game.
Well that was botched. Got the replacement today, had a case this time. The back cover art was ripped a bit and liquid damaged. The cart was in worse shape than the original. One of the plastic pins (for lack of a better word) that separate the metal contacts was broken off and the two on either side of it were bent outwards.

Well looks like a trip to my store now.

I looked over the last couple of pages and did a search but wasn't able to find the answer. Before all of the stores were shutting down I was able to use the five dollar monthly coupon on a $10 PSN card. Has anyone tried doing that since the stores have reopened?
I was able to. Did $5 off $10 PSN credit in May. For June, I did the PS Now sub. The associate had to get help because it has to be the SKU that prints the code on the receipt. Physical card didn't discount the $5.

For what it's worth, I pre-ordered XC DE at GS, accepting only the free shipping method, and it shipped 2 days prior to launch, to arrive at my place on launch day, via UPS.

I'd like to think GS timed the ship date to correspond to the estimated shipping time.

My stores were all closed, so I didn't really have many options.  Walmart and other mega stores are a germ haven, with some customers refusing to wear masks.  I was willing to wait for slower mail, but having received it on launch day was a pleasant surprise.

The backlog is getting dustier.  Great game!

For what it's worth, I pre-ordered XC DE at GS, accepting only the free shipping method, and it shipped 2 days prior to launch, to arrive at my place on launch day, via UPS.

I'd like to think GS timed the ship date to correspond to the estimated shipping time.

My stores were all closed, so I didn't really have many options. Walmart and other mega stores are a germ haven, with some customers refusing to wear masks. I was willing to wait for slower mail, but having received it on launch day was a pleasant surprise.

The backlog is getting dustier. Great game!
That's pretty good...I hope that's the case with my TLOU2 pre-order. I just think it's ludicrous to have to pay an extra $10 to get the game on release day, so I opted for the free shipping. Ordinarily, I would have picked up the game at a store on release day, but these days...oh well. I have had pretty poor experiences with GS shipping to my house, so just crossing my fingers that it shows up at all. To be fair, some of my issues have been due to dreadful UPS. Just wish GS shipped via the USPS, like Best Buy does. Not sure about y’all but I’ve had far fewer issues with the USPS than UPS. UPS drivers have a very interesting interpretation of “left package at door”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back