2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Switch bundle is still in stock a day later. Looks like turning it into a $500 bundle kept the scalpers away.  And it's not a bad bundle either with two top games you'd get anyway.

No I didn't upgrade my shipping.
So strange that some here are already getting their TLOU2 pre-orders with basic free shipping and mine is expected to now arrive in 12 days (detailed tracking shows it hasn’t even left yet). Anyway, bought it again today in-store and will just sell the 2nd copy when it arrives. Most Gamestops I called today only had copies for their arranged pre-orders but this location had 5 or 6 extra.

I'm sorry see that. I don't get how they decide to ship specific items but they shipped my Ellie Ed with UPS and it's out for delivery now.

I noticed GS using UPS mail innovations more and what a god awful service that has been due to the USPS, which seems to be falling apart ever since COVID started. I had 3 packages shipped this way from GS. The first was mis-routed by the USPS leading to sit in another city for 5 days before it was delivered, the second was delivered by the UPS 3 days ago with no progress since by the USPS and the last has been "out for delivery" for 2 days now... Not sure I'm the only one but it seems like USPS packages are taking at least 3-4 days longer than they estimate and more packages are being mis-handled.
Very bizarre. In my instance, the GS tracking info for my delayed TLOU2 standard edition shows USPS is actually shipping. UPS has always delivered stuff I’ve bought from Gamestop.

No I didn't upgrade my shipping.

I don't see why people pay full price ($60) for digital games. If you don't like the game or if it's single player and you beat it quickly you can't resell it. I would need to see more than $15 off to switch to all digital.
Agreed.

Hopefully he meant "15" fluidly -- such that when the game begins to age and the accepted retail price drops to 40, the digital goes to 30 or 25, down to whatever a reasonable bottom would be outside of big sales (10; 15?)

I understand what people like about digital, but will never agree that paying more or the same for a digital game that has no resell value will ever be worth it over physical media...

... excluding, perhaps, the condition of some of Gamestop's used product ;)
That would certainly be more reasonable.

The best predictor of the future tends to be the past. Music and video media have gone primarily digital and outside of niche consumers (and as that sector gets smaller the production scale reduces increasing costs further shrinking the niche) media will likely continue migrating to digital and streaming over ownership. Game media is in all probability going to follow this trend and move into streaming services. It is a better value and win-win for the consumer and producer in most aspects; people will ague and have valid points against this but overall, it is a better transaction for the majority.
The problem being that music wise and tv wise people can stream those for free or through various services. I've even purchased full seasons of stuff for free on psn. But the value doesn't hold up and they charge a lot for dvds and music that you will listen or watch once then not have as much a use for. Games do fall a little under that category if it isn't a multiplayer or such game. But generally you put more time into them so you hold a little more value out of it.

You never "own" a game. You paid for a license to play it. That's how you can get banned for exploiting glitches, selling accounts, or modding games with outside tools. Servers getting shut down or the game being delisted are part of that too. You can say it's not fair, but you click to agree to those terms each time!
I've never heard of someone getting banned for exploiting glitches. The rest of your list sounds unrelated to video games themselves.

Those of you who bought TLOU2 in-store today (not pre-order pickup), did your receipt or game insert have the codes for the ammo upgrade and the crafting manual? Mine didn’t. I know those were pre-order bonuses but I’ve bought games in-store that still had the pre-order bonus, sometimes weeks after release day.

I just bought TLOU2 in store no pre order. He specifically grabbed mine(last non pre order copy) from a different stack. You probably got the pre order bonuses previously from copies that were pre ordered and not picked up is my guess

I just bought TLOU2 in store no pre order. He specifically grabbed mine(last non pre order copy) from a different stack. You probably got the pre order bonuses previously from copies that were pre ordered and not picked up is my guess
Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I *did not* receive the bonus upon buying the game in-store today, as I said...that was why I was asking if anyone got the bonus who didn’t pre-order.

I wonder if the bonus is inserted in the game box, in addition to being emailed/on receipts. Do the pre-orders have inserts in them that the non pre-orders don’t? Since you said he grabbed yours from a different pile, maybe so.

Pretty sure the employee has to manual ring up the pre-order bonus (for those that don't pre-order). There aren't pre-ordered and non-pre-ordered versions of the game. But you pre-ordered a copy online, so you'll get a code emailed to you.

Pretty sure the employee has to manual ring up the pre-order bonus (for those that don't pre-order). There aren't pre-ordered and non-pre-ordered versions of the game. But you pre-ordered a copy online, so you'll get a code emailed to you.
That makes sense. So, I could conceivably use the code from my other online pre-order for the one I bought today in-store, correct? It’s not tied in any way to the copy that I’ll eventually get in the mail, either as an insert or other way? That is, if I sell/give the pre-order copy to someone else, there’s nothing inside that game box that will match the code I was emailed and block them from using it since I already would have redeemed it, correct? Hope I’m making sense...lol.

Those of you who bought TLOU2 in-store today (not pre-order pickup), did your receipt or game insert have the codes for the ammo upgrade and the crafting manual? Mine didn’t. I know those were pre-order bonuses but I’ve bought games in-store that still had the pre-order bonus, sometimes weeks after release day.
It's on the receipt

Seriously dude, the pre-order code is NOT in the game box.
I’m sure you’re right but I do remember...forget if it was Nioh 2 or some other game in the last few months from GS, but I *know* my receipt had a pre-order code and there was also an insert inside the game with a code for the exact same bonus item. Shoulda checked to see whether the codes were the exact same or not but I promise you, I’ve had this happen before.

Forza Motorsport 7 is a good Bestbuy to Gamestop flip. Might try that "new" method people on Slickdeals were talking about. The profit is high and the risk is low. 

Thought my local store would’ve reopened with the mall today, but alas. Called the mall’s main number, and said GS probably won’t be opening until the 26th. Oh well.

Might be a per-store basis thing, but it would sure be nice to pick up my last pre-order from March...

Thought my local store would’ve reopened with the mall today, but alas. Called the mall’s main number, and said GS probably won’t be opening until the 26th. Oh well.

Might be a per-store basis thing, but it would sure be nice to pick up my last pre-order from March...
I hope this happens but with apple stores closing I am worried the 2nd wave is starting

Couldn't find 4 games on-line for the B2G2 free promo so I went into one store bought 3 games and went to another to get the fourth. The rep at the second pulled the game from the drawer and said there was no case. I told him I believe all the case are in the back (reason the 360 and PS3 games are not displayed). He said he couldn't find it and gave me a PS3 case for a 360 game. 

My dream is that the second wave hits and all those idiots at the Trump rallies are weeded out of the gene pool. The ones with brain cells will remain and can start in on an egalitarian society.

A second wave is coming, I believe GameStop will close for good, they can’t handle another wave, and it’s going to get worse this time.
I've always found a good indicator of when a company is about to shut down is when their customer service/contact methods evaporate and they become borderline unreachable.

Many of us here have documented how difficult it is to reach GS on the phone (and this was even well before the Pandemic). When I had lost package shipping issues over the 2019 Black Friday, I sent about a half dozen emails to their orders email address advertised on their website, over the course of 3 weeks. None of them were ever answered. I never did get someone on the phone to help, either. It is very obvious Gamestop has severely cut back its "customer service" and it was never all that to begin with. Not sure about everyone else's experience contacting physical stores (I'm talking *before* the Pandemic), but for me...it's a rarity when someone actually answers the phone at a Gamestop location over the last year+. Last Fall, I drove 20 miles to buy an actual Vita release (Death Mark) and the manager there apologized and said their phones haven't worked reliably in weeks, despite his continued pleas higher up to fix them. When the infrastructure and effort to fix problems break down...that tells you all you need to know.

I think it's all but assured Gamestop will close for good eventually...the only real question is, when.

Got a message from Dave. His new username is Tattler4. Sent me a message about stealing from GameStop and how he reported me lol. Dude needs to get a life.

To be fair, as I understand, the PS5 comes with a 4k Blu-Ray drive, which the vast majority of people do not own, as they are pricey.

I'd rather have the PS5 with the 4k drive, and I'll likely be looking for a 4k TV later this year. Kind of like how the PS2 introduced me to DVD's.
The Xbox One S I bought for $200 3 years ago came with a 4K Blu-ray drive. Not sure that’s a system selling feature for the PS5.

Yeah most companies can’t afford to keep doing 25% to 40% capacity and with the virus going on for at least another year, a lot of stores and companies are going under, so have fun right now y’all, it’s going to be a very bumpy ride.

Labo kits for $20! And Dragon Quest Builders 1/2 for switch $25/20

Looks like the flash sale being collectibles from Sun to Tues = no 50% off flash sale until maybe pro-day? :oldman:
All those flash sales and they didn't move a single copy of division 2 stock...probably using this time to strategize.

Just buy it. You get rewards points for buying it and then points when doing G2L.
I did the G2L return (same code as everyone else: 3063971) to pick up another Edition that was left-over and unfortunately the extra 20% for trading towards TLOU2 didn't apply to the 59.99 G2L TIV heh. I had given it a slim chance of it working! But oddly enough the certs I used for the original base game seem to still be valid on the website. (double redeem?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back