2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need help from some GameStop gurus
I want this transformer that would be apart of the collectible flash sale. It’s on the GameStop app, but is not on the webpage. I can’t get the 25% off $125+ to trigger on the app. Thinking I was smart, I added the item to my wish list on the app, logged into the website, and was able to see it on my list, but when I clicked on it it said webpage not found. Is this just gliched out and am I out of luck?

Try logging in to the app with your account. Add the item you want to your cart. Go to the web page gamestop.com and sign in. Check your cart, and the item should be there with the discount available. I have done this in the past for games that do not show on the website, and had deals that were not showing in the app.

Not a bad sale, btw. I bought ni no Kuni for 29.99 and ys viii (both for the switch) for the price that I would have paid for ys alone. I suggest looking for switch games that are most likely not gonna drop in price as the pre-owned one for half
Was this in store? I'm not seeing Ys VIII on NS on their website.

Was this in store? I'm not seeing Ys VIII on NS on their website.
you can only get to the switch version via link from nintendos website to gamestop on browsers. It is coded weirdly so that the switch version is under the vita version for whatever reason. that is how I ordered my copy anyway.

My copy shipped and will be here july 2nd so that's surprisingly quick for them. xenoblade hasn't shipped though which worries me as that likely means its coming from the warehouse in texas.

Part of me wants to do the buy a new game get a pre owned for 50% off, but I'm going to hold out hope of a b2g1 for 4th of July like they seem to run every year but they've had so many of them this year thar I'm afraid they won't run it

Anyone get any of their 50% off games yet? Did it reflect the price correctly on the packing slip or did it show full price?
Mine just shipped and ups just sent me an email saying it will arrive tomorrow instead of Wednesday next week so I will try to remember to post about it for you.

I held off on getting spongebob and conker's bad fur day yesterday...the last 2 i had ordered were genuine but i wasn't feeling it for some reason.  It's OOS now so i'm not too worried about it, would have been a good flip if it were in good condition and authentic. 

I held off on getting spongebob and conker's bad fur day yesterday...the last 2 i had ordered were genuine but i wasn't feeling it for some reason. It's OOS now so i'm not too worried about it, would have been a good flip if it were in good condition and authentic.
I'm in the same boat with Clubhouse Games. Had it in my cart yesterday, but OOS today when I tried to buy it and another game.

Yeah physical copies of Ys 8 go for like $60 on Switch and $70 on PS4 used so getting a physical for $30 is a steal at this point.

(Only Switch listing on Amazon is for the European version. To find US for PS4 and Vita you have to go under the Vita listing.)
Yesssss. Thanks for the tip on this, I grabbed a complete Ys and Control for Xbox One at the local GS. Been wanting to play Control for ages, this was a good excuse to pick it up.

I got an email from GameStop hinting at some of the items that will be on sale on Pro Day.

- RDR2  $30

- NFS Heat $30

- GTA5 $15

- Days Gone $20

- Persona 5 $40

- Borderlands 3 $19

- NBA2k20 $15

- Mario Rabbids Battle $18

- Ghost Recon Breakpoint $15

-  xtra 10% trade credit

- used controllers $30

Nothing that i am interested in.  Of course, there will be a lot more for sale.

I got an email from GameStop hinting at some of the items that will be on sale on Pro Day.

- RDR2 $30

- NFS Heat $30

- GTA5 $15

- Days Gone $20

- Persona 5 $40

- Borderlands 3 $19

- NBA2k20 $15

- xtra 10% trade credit

- used controllers $30

Nothing that i am interested in. Of course, there will be a lot more for sale.
Yeah that first glance is disappointing. NFS Heat was just $30 last week.

- RDR2 $30

- NFS Heat $30

- GTA5 $15

- Days Gone $20

- Persona 5 $40

- Borderlands 3 $19

- NBA2k20 $15

- xtra 10% trade credit

- used controllers $30

Hoping for Modern Warfare for $20/ea! (to flip)... extra 10% tc is meh!

For those that are returning items to in store, (bought during the pandemic). Was there a expiration date for those items? I don't see anything mentioned on the website specifically.

- RDR2 $30

- NFS Heat $30

- GTA5 $15

- Days Gone $20

- Persona 5 $40

- Borderlands 3 $19

- NBA2k20 $15

- xtra 10% trade credit

- used controllers $30

Yeah, unless they do some sort of used game sale, this is going to be a huge nothing. Most of these games were just these prices not long ago.

Got my copy of ys and ni no Kuni for the switch - both had original cases, both arrived the next day. Really impressed with Gamestop this time

I got really lucky with this current Flash Sale - I randomly decided to check if Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS4 was available and, despite it never being available for shipping, a nearby store actually had it available for pickup!!

Wjoejo0.jpg

Unfortunately my 'new' copy of Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection for Switch was gutted/beat-up but hopefully I can just exchange it at a different store.

I wanted to pick up Ys VIII for switch since everyone was talking about it here and almost with Tetris 99 to sell but didn't want to risk getting a gutted copy. I went on Amazon and they randomly had 1 copy in stock so I bought it for $59.99. Are all Switch copies Adventurer's Editions or did it ever get a reprint?

I wanted to pick up Ys VIII for switch since everyone was talking about it here and almost with Tetris 99 to sell but didn't want to risk getting a gutted copy. I went on Amazon and they randomly had 1 copy in stock so I bought it for $59.99. Are all Switch copies Adventurer's Editions or did it ever get a reprint?
It didn't get a reprint to my knowledge but I wouldn't be surprised if gamestop reprints it down the road like they did xenoblade and a few other titles and then sells them over msrp as used.

Where did you even find the listing for it on Amazon?

Oh my xenoblade shipped.  Weird time for it to do that this late in the evening.   Says it will arrive july 8th.  I wonder if I will get another email from ups saying it will be here by saturday...  Oh its usps yeaaah then the dates probably right on the money.

I got really lucky with this current Flash Sale - I randomly decided to check if Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS4 was available and, despite it never being available for shipping, a nearby store actually had it available for pickup!!
I didn't realize this was possible (order a game that's not avail for shipping but add to cart for in-store pick-up if a local GS shows it in stock), or at least I've never been able to do it.

It didn't get a reprint to my knowledge but I wouldn't be surprised if gamestop reprints it down the road like they did xenoblade and a few other titles and then sells them over msrp as used.
Noticed you're looking for Pokemon Gale of darkness. It's in stock for shipping and eligible for the 50% off if you didn't know.

Has anyone had issues returning retro games at GameStop? Thinking of getting pokemon emerald but I assume there is a >50% chance it is fake/in terrible condition.

Noticed you're looking for Pokemon Gale of darkness. It's in stock for shipping and eligible for the 50% off if you didn't know.
I wouldn't recommend getting a Gamecube game from gamestop with the way they resurface discs it can ruin the disc and make it unplayable. And it's probably not going to come with the cover/manual.

I saw and was tempted but given that game cube games are notorious for being easily damaged and gamestop tends to refurbish them or sell non working ones in most cases I passed on it.

I wouldn't recommend getting a Gamecube game from gamestop with the way they resurface discs it can ruin the disc and make it unplayable. And it's probably not going to come with the cover/manual.
This^. I don't really care too much about the cover art and manual especially if it's a must have game but I definitely would prefer to have them over disc only. Especially if the price is high which this is. Eh if I decide to go crazy and buy a copy some day I will just use my amazon points and such to discount it a bit.

For some reason Gamestop.com still list my home store as open, with hours, even though it closed down 3 weeks ago. Even the sign outside was removed from the store, so no evidence that Gamestop ever existed at that location. Google has the correct information. Anyone else have the same experience with their closed down store?

For some reason Gamestop.com still list my home store as open, with hours, even though it closed down 3 weeks ago. Even the sign outside was removed from the store, so no evidence that Gamestop ever existed at that location. Google has the correct information. Anyone else have the same experience with their closed down store?
Yeah, google has correct store hours.

Was hoping to get Pokemon Black 2/White 2, but theyve been OOS for like over 3 months, its pretty understandable bc of covid, but still. They probably got all bought out from when they did the B2G2 deal that included Nintendo consoles

Was hoping to get Pokemon Black 2/White 2, but theyve been OOS for like over 3 months, its pretty understandable bc of covid, but still. They probably got all bought out from when they did the B2G2 deal that included Nintendo consoles
I bought a lot of black/white 2 and HGSS when they had B2G2 on old gen, and they were hardish to find then. Now that prices spiked 50% I'm guessing they are extremely hard to find.

I bought a lot of black/white 2 and HGSS when they had B2G2 on old gen, and they were hardish to find then. Now that prices spiked 50% I'm guessing they are extremely hard to find.
Just curious, did you have issues with fakes? I kept getting counterfeit Pokemon GBA/DS games from them years back that it wasn't worth the time/risk anymore after that.

Just curious, did you have issues with fakes? I kept getting counterfeit Pokemon GBA/DS games from them years back that it wasn't worth the time/risk anymore after that.
Yes, I've gotten a few DS fakes from GameStop. Some are super obvious, some are pretty hard to tell. If I'm on the bubble I just return them. Luckily with the newer games (BW, HGSS) they have the translucent dark red IR cases which (to my knowledge) havent been faked. I received two fake HGSS just on normal grey DS cartridges so it was super obvious to tell and I returned them no issue. DS games are commonly commonly faked, but the IR red Pokemon games are for sure your safest bet.

Honestly my bigger issue with DS games from GameStop has been that they're in terrible condition. Scratched up labels and worn down contacts for most of them.

I ordered 2 copies of each HGSS during the B2G2 for this reason. One of each heartgold and soulsilver was faked, but I was able to return them while getting the legit ones I received for free basically because Gamestop didn't show the prices as split on the packing slip. Really should have gotten White 2 and Black 2 during that sale, but im pretty sure black 2 was gone by the time I knew about the sale. Luckily, the return process is easy as long as you go in store.

I see the ad dropping at either 10pm tonight or 12 right when the sales start. Hell maybe well see some glitches, im down for that. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back