2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told no to 3DS DK Country on Tuesday...she just said they weren't taking it in without looking anything up. Just figured the DS games are phasing out...

What are your thoughts on Mario Maker 2? 

I haven't played either Mario Maker.  I've only seen Mario Maker 2 on esports and once with austin creed doing a "difficult" level.

I believe they've instructed stores to only take current gen X1, PS4, and Switch trades and even then it is hit or miss on some games that still show values on their site.

I'm not thinking the pro day is going to be any better than this buy BOGO50% deal, so I went all in on $325 of switch essentials. Hope I'm not proven too hasty with some great deal on pro day.

What are your thoughts on Mario Maker 2?

I haven't played either Mario Maker. I've only seen Mario Maker 2 on esports and once with austin creed doing a "difficult" level.
In my opinion, the original was the single best game on the WiiU and the sequel (though no longer quite as original) is still a 10/10 game. I have never enjoyed making my own levels before, but I do with these, because it's so simple. Also: there are limitless other levels out there to play and enjoy.

So I was finally able to get into my local store, which has been closed since March (mall-based). I was able to pick up my AC pre-order without issue, but they weren't able to help me out with any of the pre-order goodies for Doom or Persona.

Also, was going to trade in a stack of old junk towards TLOU2, but all the copies they had were for pre-orders only....so held off for now. The guy working even mentioned holding off until tomorrow, since Pro Day usually has an extra 10% trade-in value (his words). We shall see about that - but I need to unload Doom before the weekly bonus drops.

The "BIG" Preowned sale for Pro Day tomorrow  :???: :

"During GameStop's Pro Day Sale, when Pro Members Buy 3 Pre-Owned Games, get 1 Pre-Owned Games Free or Buy 5 Pre-Owned Games and get 2 Free Pre-Owned Games at GameStop.com"

Wow. In the 17 years when I first joined this website and signed up for a PUR/Pro/Elite membership that I have continuously held since, I’ve never received promotional/newsletter emails from GameStop. Didn’t matter if I tried changing the email on my account, having the in-store employees prompt signing up for promo emails and confirming on the screen, or using a different email just for Game Informer, I’ve never been able to receive these promo emails associated with my account for some reason. I gave up trying years ago.

Then, this week for the first time ever, I started getting flooded with emails, some multiple times a day. Reminders that my $5 certificate will expire. Pro Day coming up this weekend. Crash pre-order bonuses. If this isn’t a sign of the GameStop apocalypse, I don’t know what else would be.

The "BIG" Preowned sale for Pro Day tomorrow :???: :

"[font='Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, 'Arial Narrow', sans-serif]During GameStop's Pro Day Sale, when Pro Members Buy 3 Pre-Owned Games, get 1 Pre-Owned Games Free or Buy 5 Pre-Owned Games and get 2 Free Pre-Owned Games at GameStop.com"[/font]
Geesh, they expect you to find 7 pre-owned games you like when inventory is low and their site doesn't allow pickup in store on a lot of items? Good luck...

Went inside a (mall) GameStop for the first time in four months and they had barely any pre-owned switch games (zero 1st party outside of maybe xenoblade 2), like 8 DS games, and surprisingly probably like 30 3DS games still but all with generic cases and nothing stuck out. Old gen games are going to be very hard to find going forward with low stock and no longer being accepted as trade ins. I think it's going to be last call on whatever decent is left before they just unload all last gen @ 50% off or more.

Pro Day sale:

- Action figures Buy 1 Get 1 half-off

- regular price statues 20% off

- Funko Pops B2G1 free

info from Polygon’s Emily Heller

Looks like this sale is a bust. Hoping for an awesome Fourth of July sale the following weekend.

The B5G2 isn't bad... if you can actually find 5 used games within the same-ish price range. Everything I want is OOS.
It's not great, you actually have to find seven games in the same price range to make it worth it. If you find seven games at $55 that works out to being about $39 each before taxes.

Called Gamestop to link my purchase towards my account and it was super easy. No wait at all.

Got really lucky this transaction: games shipped over night, games in good condition and excellent customer service. Bravo

Wow. In the 17 years when I first joined this website and signed up for a PUR/Pro/Elite membership that I have continuously held since, I’ve never received promotional/newsletter emails from GameStop. Didn’t matter if I tried changing the email on my account, having the in-store employees prompt signing up for promo emails and confirming on the screen, or using a different email just for Game Informer, I’ve never been able to receive these promo emails associated with my account for some reason. I gave up trying years ago.

Then, this week for the first time ever, I started getting flooded with emails, some multiple times a day. Reminders that my $5 certificate will expire. Pro Day coming up this weekend. Crash pre-order bonuses. If this isn’t a sign of the GameStop apocalypse, I don’t know what else would be.
I get the joke, but GameStop finally fixing a problem (in an over the top and funny way) I would take more as a sign of salvation! I’ve been a gamer since NES days, and signed up for a pro account for the first time ever a few months ago. I don’t shop at GameStop much, but they finally made it a good enough value for me. Will see if I get my full years worth, but already paid for itself so far.

Pro Day Flyer:

2JqHK3K.jpg

Pre-Owned - B3G1 or B5G2 = meh.. $30 new 50% off preowned was a better value from my view, so gonna sit this one out. 

Extra 10% credit = disappointed, but I'm sure anyone still trading towards tlou2 won't mind. 

Fifa 20 or Madden 20 for $15 seems to be working without needing to pre-order anything on the website, so ok for anyone still needing a copies to flip   :beer: Sadly, pre-owned values haven't dropped under $15, so no way to combine with B5G2  :shame:

Was hoping for a 50% off $40 and under when you buy 5.... but  no soup. 

I'm sure it's been discussed, but pre-owned inventory is virtually non-existant at my stores (and I'm in Dallas, right next to their headquarters). If they don't start taking in trade-ins, I can't see how they'll have anything left to sell. Those old copies of Gears of War 3 and This Is The Police are not going to be enough to keep them in the black. 

Meh. Made one order, only because Sakura Wars was on sale for $35 even though it just came out and I think it will be an uncommon/rare game. Doubt I order anything else, B5G2 isn't great. The recent flash deals have been much better.

I've got Tetris 99 (new), RE2 Remake (new), Link's Awakening Switch (preowned) and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (preowned) sitting in my cart for less than the price of the last two games new by themselves and I still can't quite pull the trigger...am I that paranoid of GS "new" games?

Is there any way to use the 1 year pro subscription PUR coupon online or maybe by telephone? The page states that the coupon must be redeemed in stores but I think most of my stores are still curbside only.

Unless it's just me, the pre-owned sale is all fucked up. I have 4 games in my cart yet it didn't make one of them free. Explains why you can do B6G4 right now.

Isn’t it buy 5 get 2 free? So that’s not a glitch, that’s just buy 5 get 2 free, twice...

It’s poor wording, but it’s basically buy 3 get 2 (more) free.

Does anyone know if the power up membership rewards coupon only for digital copies of Game Informer? Wanted to make sure if it's one or the other before redeeming the points.

That would be buy 10 get 4 free. The glitch is buy 6 get 4 free
Oh so it’s only 6 games total? 4 of which are free? Hell of a deal.

Unless you do mean 10 games total... which is why I was saying it’s just worded poorly by GameStop. They mean buy 5 games total, get 2 of those games free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back