2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get any of their 50% off games yet? Did it reflect the price correctly on the packing slip or did it show full price?
Mine just shipped and ups just sent me an email saying it will arrive tomorrow instead of Wednesday next week so I will try to remember to post about it for you.
I took a while to find this post so I could reply back. It showed full price on the packing slip instead of the discounted price when my copy of Ys 8 arrived today. I got lucky and it came in the original case and everything and even had the nisa warranty slip inside which is definitely something I don't recall hearing about before. I was quite surprised it came in such nice condition given with the original case, cover art and no damage given that I and everyone else here has not had luck in that department. Here's hoping my xenoblade when it comes next week new will be in as good a condition. Especially since it was actually "new"

Had placed a B6G4 a couple hours ago but then saw they have it at B5G4 and placed a new order. Which was actually better since 2 of the games I originally ordered I decided I didn't actually want. So I will just return the original order when it all gets delivered.

I made a B5G4 order and got

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Kirby Star Allies

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX

Pokemon Shield

Super Mario Maker 2

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Yoshi's Crafted World

Are you guys getting order confirmations?  I haven't received any order confirmations and I've got 4 orders shipped, but the others don't even show up in my order history. I get the message    Oops! We can’t process your payment.   ,but I check my paypal and every one of those show order/ authorization to GameStop is pending. 

Interesting. I've wasted tons of time trying to get the B5G4 to work on sale items just to find out.... it apparently doesn't work on sale items even though it says "ALL GAMES".

Interesting. I've wasted tons of time trying to get the B5G4 to work on sale items just to find out.... it apparently doesn't work on sale items even though it says "ALL GAMES".
I don't know if this is still working, but I got around that issue by adding the games on sale to the cart 1st, then normal price games became free. I had 2 Bayonetta/Vanquish games and they wouldn't become free. However me experimenting with the cart for a few hrs I discovered that.

There was an error after checkout, no order number shown. I did notice I was not logged in and used paypal, which I no longer have access to that email. Looks like I'll just have to keep an eye out for the ups truck. I think it's 2-4 days for delivery, that would be today-Monday for arrival.

Do ups deliver on Sunday?

Buy 5 get 4 free works for any price games. Just have to watch out for the error screen. Found out some of the games went out of stock as I was looking. Had to remove the oos game and then it went through no problem.

B5G4 is pretty nice, put in 2 sets.  Obviously slightly worse in theory than the 50% off we've gotten previously, but if you combine it with the used prices from today's Pro Day Sale games, you can get some good value.

I think I've well passed the point where I'm starting to scrape the bottom to find filler for my sets, though.  Been doing a lot of *look up random Youtube review for random game... fine, looks okay or whatever, add it to the pile*.  Gamestop knows what it is doing, those copies of Jumanji: The Video Game aren't going to sell themselves!

I get ya. I've been looking and trying to make something work almost all day, finally decided screw it I'm just gonna grab a few things I've been wanting anyway.

Still don't see how others are getting sale games to work under the B5G4. I'm using almost exclusively sale games to try and get to 9 (maybe 6 on sale and 3 not) and only 1 shows up free, which I'm assuming ties in to the two not on sale.

I dunno. Maybe my accounts glitched after dropping $300 on a switch based B5G4 of games I didn't need

I ordered 2x Animal Crossing and 1x SSBU. They shipped 1AC and 1SSBU in one order and the other order 1AC. I'm surprised they even found used copies of AC. I really wanted AC, SSBU and Mario Kart, but there was no Mario Kart.

Still don't see how others are getting sale games to work under the B5G4. I'm using almost exclusively sale games to try and get to 9 (maybe 6 on sale and 3 not) and only 1 shows up free, which I'm assuming ties in to the two not on sale.

I dunno. Maybe my accounts glitched after dropping $300 on a switch based B5G4 of games I didn't need
Somebody already alluded to this above, but it doesn't work if you ONLY buy the used Pro Day Sale games. However, they do count as "bought" games for the B5G4, so as long as you have 4 other "normal" games as the free games, the deal should still work.

Also, you might have to do some cart rearranging for the 4th (glitched) free game to get it so that it's a normal game that the system tries to make free, and not a Pro Day game (i.e. add all your Pro Day games to cart first, not last).

You can get 5 games for $26 shipped - if they’re all 9.99 games that is and you’re trying to control your buying. Mostly scraps left but I was able to get Sexy Brutale, which hasn’t been in stock online for a while. Don’t force yourself to buy 16 games for $60 if you’re gonna regret it

Scanned through the games on sale for Pro Day, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (pre-owned) is all I bought. Thankfully it came with the original case and cover art. Took a hard pass on the BXGX sales as I wouldn't be able to find any combo of games I would want.

OT: I still need to call GS to have my points refunded for the unusable $5 online only cert.

Somebody already alluded to this above, but it doesn't work if you ONLY buy the used Pro Day Sale games. However, they do count as "bought" games for the B5G4, so as long as you have 4 other "normal" games as the free games, the deal should still work.

Also, you might have to do some cart rearranging for the 4th (glitched) free game to get it so that it's a normal game that the system tries to make free, and not a Pro Day game (i.e. add all your Pro Day games to cart first, not last).
Is this not advertised B5G4 a result of Gamestop's website confusing BXGX sales or is it really an advertised sale?

I ordered 2x Animal Crossing and 1x SSBU. They shipped 1AC and 1SSBU in one order and the other order 1AC. I'm surprised they even found used copies of AC. I really wanted AC, SSBU and Mario Kart, but there was no Mario Kart.
Did you do delivery or instore pickup? I looked a couple times today and it was never in stock for delivery.

Is this not advertised B5G4 a result of Gamestop's website confusing BXGX sales or is it really an advertised sale?
It's the B5G3 and the B2G1 unintentionally stacking via glitch. The G3 from the B5G3 also count as "bought" games for the B2G1, so you can get an extra G1 without having to buy additional games to qualify, for a total of B5G4.

Just noticed this, but for the life of me I can't find even five $10 games I want and don't yet own, let alone 16.

In other news, there are two malls in my town with Gamestops inside. Both of the malls re-opened recently, but at one location the Gamestop was still closed. I just checked the other mall today since the website said it was open, and the place was cleaned out completely. Seems like it's gone for good.

You can get 5 games for $26 shipped - if they’re all 9.99 games that is and you’re trying to control your buying. Mostly scraps left but I was able to get Sexy Brutale, which hasn’t been in stock online for a while. Don’t force yourself to buy 16 games for $60 if you’re gonna regret it
How do you get it for 26? I am getting 55 with tax ? Is it with a pro membership?

Just noticed this, but for the life of me I can't find even five $10 games I want and don't yet own, let alone 16.
Same here, and I only recently got a PS4 and I already have all the big hits (multiple copies due to the B4G8 fun + DoP) I actually want to play far exceeding the time I have available.. so the only reason I would participate now is to build stock for flipping back to GS/amazon or cash out using CSAC ... but neither of those are options at the moment, so just going to sit on my credit and hope GS doesn't go under :whistle2:

I still compare all deals to the B2G2 from last December on all pre-owned that stacked with CAG ($55 game for $22 = 60% off) .. makes it easier to pass on these "liquidation" events

I just played Brutale like a week ago. It's a fun, quirky game with some nice twists.

Same here, and I only recently got a PS4 and I already have all the big hits (multiple copies due to the B4G8 fun + DoP) I actually want to play far exceeding the time I have available.. so the only reason I would participate now is to build stock for flipping back to GS/amazon or cash out using CSAC ... but neither of those are options at the moment, so just going to sit on my credit and hope GS doesn't go under :whistle2:

I still compare all deals to the B2G2 from last December on all pre-owned that stacked with CAG ($55 game for $22 = 60% off) .. makes it easier to pass on these "liquidation" events
Dave I think you need to talk to someone if all you think about when you see video games is flipping them, as there are some of us here that actually enjoy playing them

Of course this isn't as good as a B2G2, but the odds of them doing a B2G2 on everything again (AND everything being in stock) are extremely low. Not to mention I doubt CAG will ever work again during a BXGX since it doesn't even work on deals of the day. $33 each is still VERY good and those games will hold values for years.

Of course this isn't as good as a B2G2, but the odds of them doing a B2G2 on everything again (AND everything being in stock) are extremely low. Not to mention I doubt CAG will ever work again during a BXGX since it doesn't even work on deals of the day. $33 each is still VERY good and those games will hold values for years.
I didn't think we'd see a B2G1F for a while and instead, see some promos for trade-ins. I have no clue how they still have anything left..

Dave I think you need to talk to someone if all you think about when you see video games is flipping them, as there are some of us here that actually enjoy playing them

I enjoy flipping as much as I like playing video games. I assume most people are here to both be cheap and game. Being cheap for me = not paying a cent out of pocket which requires flipping. So not blowing my credit load on deals that are poor investment in my eyes. (investment = flip potential or gaming enjoyment) Sure you can say $33 for a game that will "hold value for years" is worth it to you. I don't think it is now that max trade-in-value is 30, especially if you need to buy 9 just to get there. Return isn't high enough for me.

ps - Currently playing TLOU2 which I can only play when the kids go to sleep, but old and need to take a break every hour to rest :beer:

I enjoy flipping as much as I like playing video games. I assume most people are here to both be cheap and game. Being cheap for me = not paying a cent out of pocket which requires flipping. So not blowing my credit load on deals that are poor investment in my eyes. (investment = flip potential or gaming enjoyment) Sure you can say $33 for a game that will "hold value for years" is worth it to you. I don't think it is now that max trade-in-value is 30, especially if you need to buy 9 just to get there.

ps - Currently playing TLOU2 which I can only play when the kids go to sleep, but old and need to take a break every hour to rest :beer:
How is TLOU2? I don't have much time to play - about 4 hrs a week. I hear there are mix reviews and may just wait to Cyberpunk.

I'd say it's all hype and no substance. It actively goes against character portrayals from the previous game and it constantly tries to find ways to make you feel miserable. I know the whole point of it is revenge and what not, but if I wanted a depressing story I'd rather watch a movie than play a game.

How is TLOU2? I don't have much time to play - about 4 hrs a week. I hear there are mix reviews and may just wait to Cyberpunk.
If you've read any of the no-spoiler reviews, I'm right when the story changes to the another perspective and (in my personal opinion) less enjoyable as I having a hard time liking the other perspective's cast. I'm also a dog person, but these dogs aren't that believable.

I'd say it's all hype and no substance. It actively goes against character portrayals from the previous game and it constantly tries to find ways to make you feel miserable. I know the whole point of it is revenge and what not, but if I wanted a depressing story I'd rather watch a movie than play a game.
Geez... Yeah I will probably passs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back