2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny enough in our situation my brother said he wanted to exchange those games for working copies and the cashier said he didn't know how to do that. So he just gave a refund. I actually laughed out loud.
Yep, nice when things break the customer's way. I was hoping to fulfill some amazon trade ins but could see how people would rather have the game than cash in these times, especially rarer retro stock.

Looks like someone here is a bit touchy and flagged my post.... Ahh well. They definitely took out the “free” shipping cost from the listed price on the invoice so that looks like a standard GS practice going forward. Maybe GS will jack up the free shipping price to promo out to $9.99 next :)

Edit: Actually did they increase the free shipping from $3.99 to $6.99 recently?!
I believe it depends on where you live. Mine has always been 4.99 and now it's 7.99. kinda weird that they charge less for free shipping than the cheapest regular option.

I got a $10 off 60 in email, in CA. I'll probably use it on some digital credit. 

Also some of my orders came in today, both Bayonetta/vanquish XB1/PS4 came in a generic case. I was hoping for the steelbook, or at least a normal case. Back it goes lol! Other titles came CIB NNK remaster ps4, Odin Sphere. Still waiting on 15 or so more games.  

As others have already said, thank god the recent deals haven't reflected in packing slips. The 3 PS4 games in my B5G8 order came in generic cases, and the 360 game that came with it had that all mighty refurbished silver ring around the middle. No idea how they're legally allowed to sell those still. All four will be going back for what I paid for the whole order.

My Ys Vii finally came, and thank god it came in a case since there is only one copy in 100 miles and it doesnt have a case. No extras but that doesn't matter to me. Debating on whether or not to return my "free" caseless Doom for switch that shows full price or not.

My B2G2 order (four 19.99 games) arrived Tuesday (1 game) and yesterday (3 games). I had decided to go with Standard shipping since it was 1.99 instead of 6.99 (as my order was over $35). So I was very happy with the speed of the shipment--delivered by UPS ground both Tuesday and yesterday. As one of the replies to my post mentioned, since I'm in San Antonio, being so close to the warehouse was no doubt a factor as well.

However, the 1 game I received Tuesday had the shiny sticker around the middle hole on both sides of the disc. It doesn't affect the disc in terms of playing the game, but I wasn't able to install the game on my hard drive. That's a deal-breaker for me, so I'll probably just return it for credit (and perhaps once in the store I can find games 9.99 and under--maybe even some with original cases--to use the credit on).

The other three games installed to my hard drive without incident. All four games came in generic cases, no artwork or manual. But they're all Xbox 360 games, and I had expected as much, given how much of the last-gen stock has been cleared out. None of the local stores have the games--which means I won't be able to switch out the generic cases for original ones. But I'll keep the three that work for that same reason--they're hard to find, and not available digitally. And I wanted them enough to get them again, even without a guarantee of original cases.

If I get full credit for the returned game (all of them are listed at 18.74 on their respective packing slips) that works out to B1G2. All things considered, I'm happy with the results.  ;) 

The four games are:
:360: Dirt 3 (cannot install, will return)
:360: Driver: San Francisco
:360: Blur
:360: Nier

Good luck with your orders, everyone!  :grouphug:

I have a $10 off $30+ coupon that I won't be using - 1st person to quote this post can have the code - I know it says in-store only but you can probably give them the code and it should work

My B2G2 order (four 19.99 games) arrived Tuesday (1 game) and yesterday (3 games). I had decided to go with Standard shipping since it was 1.99 instead of 6.99 (as my order was over $35). So I was very happy with the speed of the shipment--delivered by UPS ground both Tuesday and yesterday. As one of the replies to my post mentioned, since I'm in San Antonio, being so close to the warehouse was no doubt a factor as well.
All of my glitch orders shipped like the next day. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on the new games from the buy 1 new $29.99 get 1 50% preowned deal to ship. Not arrive mind you. I'm waiting for the order placed on the 24th to actually be given to UPS/USPS in the first place still.

I keep checking my email and I didn't get any coupons. blah. I wanted to order P5R.. although anytime i try to check out on my phone it is not letting me actually pay. so i might stop at the store to just grab it.

If anyone has a $10 off $30 they arent going to use, I would be forever in your debt! :) :) :) 

When returning games bought online in store, do you have to give a reason for returning ? Can I just say I didn’t like it ? (Returning a game because it came incomplete)

When returning games bought online in store, do you have to give a reason for returning ? Can I just say I didn’t like it ? (Returning a game because it came incomplete)
My return from yesterday says "Did not like" as my reason on receipt. Just said i didn't want.

Why wouldnt you just tell them the real reason? Doubtful but maybe if enough people return for that reason, things could change for better. I still have to return Ys VIII switch for same reason, will do so when using the email $10 off coupon.

Anyone order any Playstation 1 games lately? Do they ever come in the original square cases? 

However, the 1 game I received Tuesday had the shiny sticker around the middle hole on both sides of the disc. It doesn't affect the disc in terms of playing the game, but I wasn't able to install the game on my hard drive. That's a deal-breaker for me, so I'll probably just return it for credit (and perhaps once in the store I can find games 9.99 and under--maybe even some with original cases--to use the credit on).
Did you try to remove the silver sticker rings on your disk to see if it would work? I had a game that came with the silver stickers and I remove it and it looked normal underneath the sticker. I was not able to try the game because I don't have an Xbox 1. I'm stocking up on games for the Series X.

Did you try to remove the silver sticker rings on your disk to see if it would work? I had a game that came with the silver stickers and I remove it and it looked normal underneath the sticker. I was not able to try the game because I don't have an Xbox 1. I'm stocking up on games for the Series X.
Are you talking about the thick matte silver ring? If so, those are known to basically make a game unplayable, and AFAIK you should never remove the sticker because it was already put on an unplayable disc. I've never seen them on a current gen disc though, so they might've changed them.

Anyone order any Playstation 1 games lately? Do they ever come in the original square cases?
Got the three I ordered on Monday during the 50% off and none of them came with the case.

Got the three I ordered on Monday during the 50% off and none of them came with the case.
No. 99.9% chance you will get loose.
Dang, was hoping to fill the gap of one of the Final Fantasies I lost sometime after college... even considered ordering multiple copies to roll the dice, but at 2x 0.01% probably isn't worth it. :hot: Looking at my old FF PSX games, most were like 3-4 discs. Would have sucked back in the day if you got to disc 3 and then it wasn't readable heh.

Having anything shipped via USPS mail innovations is like a two week sentence. /rant

They use the silver sticker on Xbox 360 games that have damage in the inner circle. I have started seeing them on current gen games and I think they are covering the Red Box sticker. 

Are you talking about the thick matte silver ring? If so, those are known to basically make a game unplayable, and AFAIK you should never remove the sticker because it was already put on an unplayable disc. I've never seen them on a current gen disc though, so they might've changed them.
Yes, the thick matte silver ring. I read that all the XB1 needs to do is be able to read what the 360 disc is and then it downloads the game from Microsoft (treats the disc as a key).

Yes, the thick matte silver ring. I read that all the XB1 needs to do is be able to read what the 360 disc is and then it downloads the game from Microsoft (treats the disc as a key).
Not sure about that, as I've never really understood the logistics of people saying that you only need to download it, because it still needs to read and spin whenever you play it.

All I know is I've got many over the years from GS. The first one I tried with my 360 it sounded like it was going to break, so I returned it. Got another one and tried it on my 360 again, and same thing. So I did the dumb thing and tried it on my XB1 since it was BC and not only did it not work and sound like it was gonna break, it almost got stuck inside.

Whenever I get a silver ringed game I return it the next day.

Got my B6G4 order of Switch games (3 separate shipments). Have they stopped showing the $0 prices? All the games are listed at $54.29.

So, a new search code was added recently, which is puzzling. Some others added too, but they were already discussed here or elsewhere, junk listings.

The mystery code is: WEEKLYAD75

Interesting. The actual deal is hidden, so some speculation involved, but likely it's 75% off those titles, with another purchase. This evaluation is also based on similar code wordings.

Hmm... There are digital-only games too, included, so that deepens the mystery, as GS doesn't generally lump digital-only with physical-only, in the same sales list.

As it was added either yesterday, or this morning, it is possibly related to something "special" this weekend. Thoughts?

edit: typos. Happy early 4th!
I'm thinking weekly ad 7/5 since thats a sunday and a new ad week.

Many people have no internet access and are able to play disc games. I don't think that's the case!

I did not want to start a new thread and I know this is not a deal but i wanted to let everyone know that next gen games maybe $70 going forward.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/2/21311250/nba-2k21-playstation-5-xbox-series-x-versions-70-dollars-next-gen-price-increase-games

People are going to be upset by this and it does not help that the first game to announce this price increase is an annualized sports game. If this had been announced by a original next gen game I think this would have gone over much better. I however am not that upset about it. It has been over 10 years since a price increase so I figured we are overdue for a price increase.

Anyway, this board is going to become more useful to find savings if all games going forward are $70 or higher.

I have rarely bought preorders... can I order for it to be shipped to my house
Unfortunately, the $10 off coupon requires you to be in-store when ordering. I’ve never pre-ordered a game while in-store though and asked it to be shipped to my house. I guess you could...no idea. Most do pre-orders in-store so they can pick it up at that same store.

Unfortunately, the $10 off coupon requires you to be in-store when ordering. I’ve never pre-ordered a game while in-store though and asked it to be shipped to my house. I guess you could...no idea. Most do pre-orders in-store so they can pick it up at that same store.
They changed it earlier today so the $10off does now work online. However it never has worked on preorders - don't know why people keep talking about that.

They changed it earlier today so the $10off does now work online. However it never has worked on preorders - don't know why people keep talking about that.
Aaah ok...haven’t yet caught up on the previous posts from today, so didn’t know they had changed to allow the $10 coupon online, as opposed to in-store only. I wasn’t aware you couldn’t use the $10 on pre-orders, since the terms don’t mention pre-orders at all. I was able to call today and ask a GS manager and she actually said she didn’t know if the $10 coupon could work on pre-orders or not.

Given how incredibly hard GS always pushes pre-orders, it would be surprising they wouldn’t want to generate more of them by allowing you to use the $10 towards them. Hence, the 20% bonus trade-in credit towards pre-orders, etc. Everything Gamestop does is to encourage you to pre-order.

These 4th of July deals kinda suck. B2G1 on only PS4/XBONE when they just had 50% off, B5G4, and B2G2 the past two weeks? Was going to get a $30 controller but guess that was just yesterday for some reason. But in typical GameStop fashion I’m sure sales from this sale won’t meet their expectations and they’ll do some flash sales next week.

Thank you. I'm going to debating if it's worth 10 bucks to go into the store... covid is getting really bad in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back