2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
With 2k21 setting the tone for next gen prices going to $69.99, can see GS get some boost the next few years due to consumers looking for discounts on next gen titles as the economy recovers from COVID, which will take years. Get ready for $64.99 and $59.99 used games lol. May also deter some from going full digital since there’s no way pubs don’t charge the same for digital copies

Really how that since next gen games are gonna be more expensive, that means more quality games. And I’m not just talking about graphics. These games better have a lot of content, great gameplay mechanics, no micro transactions, more free in game unlockables

Thanks for the feedback on the silver ring stickers everyone. I'm not going to peel it off or try to use it in my Xbox One. I still have my 360 set up so I'm used to keeping the 360 games only on my 360. It's still in decent condition (I have the 'Phat' Elite 120GB edition, black, purchased in 2009, upgraded with an OEM 250GB HDD and also have a 2TB external hard drive) and I don't want to feed it any crappy discs, lol   :nottalking: 

I've thought about converting to digital, since there wouldn't be any issues with reading discs, but I still have over 100 games on disc (even after downsizing last year!), with original cases and artwork, and seeing as how GameStop isn't taking them for trade-ins, I'd rather hold on to them. I just have to accept the fact that finding pre-owned 360 games in original cases is going to be increasingly difficult and if I want to rebuild my library with physical discs, I'll have to get used to generic cases and no artwork.  :wall:

Really how that since next gen games are gonna be more expensive, that means more quality games. And I’m not just talking about graphics. These games better have a lot of content, great gameplay mechanics, no micro transactions, more free in game unlockables
Don't forget about DLC! A lot of games haven't REALLY been 60 dollars for a while :)

Weird someone got banned who I didn't see causing problems, whereas the instigators is/are still around.

Sale at GS tomorrow, if anyone concerned:

search string:

ANIME-COLLECTIBLES-SALE7320

As always, have fun!  [or try to..]

Not my interests .. maybe someone elses.

With 2k21 setting the tone for next gen prices going to $69.99, can see GS get some boost the next few years due to consumers looking for discounts on next gen titles as the economy recovers from COVID, which will take years. Get ready for $64.99 and $59.99 used games lol. May also deter some from going full digital since there’s no way pubs don’t charge the same for digital copies
Why did he get banned?

Thanks for the feedback on the silver ring stickers everyone. I'm not going to peel it off or try to use it in my Xbox One. I still have my 360 set up so I'm used to keeping the 360 games only on my 360. It's still in decent condition (I have the 'Phat' Elite 120GB edition, black, purchased in 2009, upgraded with an OEM 250GB HDD and also have a 2TB external hard drive) and I don't want to feed it any crappy discs, lol :nottalking:

I've thought about converting to digital, since there wouldn't be any issues with reading discs, but I still have over 100 games on disc (even after downsizing last year!), with original cases and artwork, and seeing as how GameStop isn't taking them for trade-ins, I'd rather hold on to them. I just have to accept the fact that finding pre-owned 360 games in original cases is going to be increasingly difficult and if I want to rebuild my library with physical discs, I'll have to get used to generic cases and no artwork. :wall:
I'm glad I built most of my 7th gen X360/PS3/Wii library a few years back through the 4/$10 deals + Pro (and then Elite) discounts, and other glitches online.

Damn so those silver rings can cause a game to get stuck? I was looking for Deception on the PS4 forever. I found the last copy in all of NYC and of course it has the silver ring.

Damn so those silver rings can cause a game to get stuck? I was looking for Deception on the PS4 forever. I found the last copy in all of NYC and of course it has the silver ring.
Opaque rings, cloudy rings?

It's to do with the GS refurbishment process. Shine the disc, then douse it into a solution and scrub the residue away, underwater. Unfortunately for all of us, the yucky (dirty) water seeps into the inner ring area, creating a now very disgusting, unsellable disc. A nice green tint is the GS touch.

PS - you can do the same with any disc, using the toothpaste method, to help fix busted discs. It does work, but by the time you clean away all the toothpaste by scrubbing it under a facet, the disc looks like shit. Technically it works though, it's just now green / blue in the inner portion, or whatever color your toothpaste was.

Opaque rings, cloudy rings?

It's to do with the GS refurbishment process. Shine the disc, then douse it into a solution and scrub the residue away, underwater. Unfortunately for all of us, the yucky (dirty) water seeps into the inner ring area, creating a now very disgusting, unsellable disc. A nice green tint is the GS touch.

PS - you can do the same with any disc, using the toothpaste method, to help fix busted discs. It does work, but by the time you clean away all the toothpaste by scrubbing it under a facet, the disc looks like shit. Technically it works though, it's just now green / blue in the inner portion, or whatever color your toothpaste was.
They're talking about the silver sticker they put when the disc center hole gets cracked or to cover up rental store names. Any time I get a game from GS like that, it goes right back. Don't care if it won't damage my system, but the disc was effectively abused to a point where it's strongest part potentially broke- not taking a risk sticking it inside my machine.

Does anyone know if the trade in value listed on their site for consoles includes the $25 bump? Asking because I know the original PS4 was $90 last week and now it's at $100.

Does anyone know if the trade in value listed on their site for consoles includes the $25 bump? Asking because I know the original PS4 was $90 last week and now it's at $100.
Try Facebook Letgo and Offerup you can easily get $200 sold mine for $225 last week.

So Marvel's Spider Man (regular edition) has been removed from the search engine. Huh?

This is a 1st party AAA title we're talking about here. That's just strange.

Plus, as someone else noted, I can't even choose store pick-up for items I know my home store has in stock because of the only "one copy left" rule.

Ridiculous.
It showed up again

Code:
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/games/products/marvels-spider-man/10131620.html

My buy 1 new @ 29.99 and get 1 used @ 50% off have finally arrived. 

The new is "gs" new: Tetris 99 with the circular sticker (what if gs wants to buy "new" peanut butter, tooth brush or drawers. they are given an open container with a circular sticker and "I guarantee this is not used" explanation).

All I want is the NSO code and have no need of Tetris 99. I'll will sell or return Tetris 99. Mario Maker 2 came in their generic form: no cover art or insert: if it comes with an insert.

Xenoblade Torna (S) pre owned is back in stock if anyone cares. I just grabbed one.
Thanks, been trying to grab that for a while.

EDIT* I just redeemed points for a online coupon- does anyone know how long the coupons are good for? When I check my digital locker, it just shows the code... no exp date.

Redeemed an online cert and used it on some Xbox credit. Showed up in my order history and now it is gone. I'm not having any luck with GameStop today lol.

Redeemed an online cert and used it on some Xbox credit. Showed up in my order history and now it is gone. I'm not having any luck with GameStop today lol.
Try to load it a couple more times? Mine's been wonky too, but if I try multiple times my history pops back up.

Try to load it a couple more times? Mine's been wonky too, but if I try multiple times my history pops back up.
All my other orders are there. Just not this one. I did get the order confirmation email. Guess I will have to call if it doesn't pop back up in a couple hours. I ordered Xbox credit yesterday on my other account and it was ready within a minute.

All my other orders are there. Just not this one. I did get the order confirmation email. Guess I will have to call if it doesn't pop back up in a couple hours. I ordered Xbox credit yesterday on my other account and it was ready within a minute.
Super weird. Dude, stop breaking gamestop. SOME of us are still using it.

I have a $10 off $60 or more code that I'm not using, send me a PM if you want it.
LOL...I gave mine away too. As some here have mentioned, it doesn't seem to work on pre-orders, though GS pushes pre-orders harder than anything else and there's nothing in the $10 off $60 terms that says pre-orders are not allowed. Just GS being GS.

I just got my brand new last of us 2 copy and it's open and gutted (getting returned). Got my used resident evil 2 remake and it's got some white round sticker around the disc hole so that's gotta get exchanged too. First times I've had issues like this w them and I've done a shit load of online orders since the lockdown

So I applied my $10 off 30 just fine for Ironman VR. I redeemed my $15 rewards certificate for gamestop.com in the promo code box but it won't accept the promo number. I also am not able to pick it up in store so I called my local store and he told me the shipments are running late and to try in a couple of hours. I tell him about the $15 certificate is not working and he tells me something about the bar code number and then pulls up my account and he says he only sees the $10 off 30 and nothing else. I explain that it's in my digital locker that starts with web and he says to go to the gamestop app and I will see the barcode there. So I did that and it's the same web number and it says for redemption instructions go to gamestop.com/code and search for your title so I do that and I get a page not found. I have tried to google how to redeem and can't find anything.

How in the world do I apply my $15 certificate to the online order? This is my first time doing this but I didn't realize it would be this confusing and difficult. Oh and I have also tried applying it without the $10 off promo and it didn't work.

**EDIT** Okay, now it's working but it won't take both. One or the other. The fine print on the $10 off 30 reads cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon or offer. I guess they are treating the rewards certificate as a coupon. Lame. Guess I won't be getting Ironman VR then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back