2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my brand new last of us 2 copy and it's open and gutted (getting returned). Got my used resident evil 2 remake and it's got some white round sticker around the disc hole so that's gotta get exchanged too. First times I've had issues like this w them and I've done a shit load of online orders since the lockdown
Wow...given how recently TLOU2 was released, to already get a shipped New copy opened is really poor on GS's part.

I ordered a Brand New game over Black Friday with them (Wasteland 2 Directors Cut for the Switch) and it arrived opened (but not gutted). Gamestop has an interesting definition of what "new" means. Always thought that opened "new" games were restricted to their infamous 'last display copy' in-store but it does seem to apply to some online purchases as well. It's one thing to be informed in-store that your new copy is going to already be opened, but online, where you have no idea whether you're getting an opened copy or a sealed copy...that's another matter.

I try to restrict my online GS purchases to pre-orders. That way, I assume it won't arrive opened. At least...I hope so...sheesh.

@Freeze Time

OK, a couple of stupid questions (bear with me). First off, you made sure that you selected the online $15 coupon and not the in store one right? Second, are you copy+pasting the code at checkout? If so make sure there's no space after the code itself when you do. That can jack things up.

@Freeze Time

OK, a couple of stupid questions (bear with me). First off, you made sure that you selected the online $15 coupon and not the in store one right? Second, are you copy+pasting the code at checkout? If so make sure there's no space after the code itself when you do. That can jack things up.
I updated my post. Coupon works now but it won't take both. One or the other even though fine print says nothing about rewards certificates unless they count as coupons or an offer.

I updated my post. Coupon works now but it won't take both. One or the other even though fine print says nothing about rewards certificates unless they count as coupons or an offer.
Sounds like you're having a problem because the reward cert reduces your total below the minimum for the $10off to apply. I'd recommend reading the separate thread on cag regarding this promo

Opaque rings, cloudy rings?

It's to do with the GS refurbishment process. Shine the disc, then douse it into a solution and scrub the residue away, underwater. Unfortunately for all of us, the yucky (dirty) water seeps into the inner ring area, creating a now very disgusting, unsellable disc. A nice green tint is the GS touch.

PS - you can do the same with any disc, using the toothpaste method, to help fix busted discs. It does work, but by the time you clean away all the toothpaste by scrubbing it under a facet, the disc looks like shit. Technically it works though, it's just now green / blue in the inner portion, or whatever color your toothpaste was.
GameStop uses a disc resurfacing for their discs, albeit the employees don’t know how to use it properly. The reside is the solution they put on the disc before resurfacing.

Sounds like you're having a problem because the reward cert reduces your total below the minimum for the $10off to apply. I'd recommend reading the separate thread on cag regarding this promo
This. If you're trying to buy Ironman VR, which is $39.99, you won't be able to use the $15 cert AND the $10 off $30 coupon. The $15 will be applied first, which lowers it to under the $30 threshold.

I checked your post and am currently trying to figure out how to make it work. Doing so, I have stumbled across a major glitch. I see a lot of Switch games brand new or used for free. When I add them to my cart though, the full price shows up. I started looking at used games priced low to high and have seen many that either aren't in stock or are in stock for free or super cheap like Travis strikes again, Hello neighbor, the end is nigh. Weird.

That's not a glitch.  It's an active promo in your cart that's being reflected in the game prices they show you.

That's not a glitch. It's an active promo in your cart that's being reflected in the game prices they show you.
Oh okay so the applied coupon reflects across the whole site. That's pretty cool. Both codes work with those games in my cart so I will just add a game to go over and do it that way. Thanks. Just need to game to get over that $30 after the $15 cert is applied. CAG16 also works. I added NHL 19 used and all the discounts went through. Now I just need to wait for Ironman to arrive at the store and I can place my order. I had enough points for a $5 cert before I bought the Cyberpunk bundle and that pushed me to 16,770 points. Not sure why Gamestop gets a lot of hate. I have gotten some really good savings from them over the last couple of months.

I ordered Final Fantasy VII and the case came with Monkey King instead... This was obviously done on purpose. Why would they even do this?!

I ordered Final Fantasy VII and the case came with Monkey King instead... This was obviously done on purpose. Why would they even do this?!
You have every right to be upset about this and to have Gamestop fix this for you asap.

On that note, not gonna lie I found this kinda funny.

So I got Smash brothers and Super Mario Maker for the Wii U and both discs were invalid.  I got them to resend it and BOTH are STILL invalid.    Is this a common issue or am I just really unlucky.  All my other wii U games like splatoon are normal

So I got Smash brothers and Super Mario Maker for the Wii U and both discs were invalid. I got them to resend it and BOTH are STILL invalid. Is this a common issue or am I just really unlucky. All my other wii U games like splatoon are normal
Yea, I've pretty much given up on getting Wii U games to actually play from GS. Flipping I've luckily had amazon accept all the discs without testing, but the last few I've gotten on the 50% off, etc all didn't work and I legitimately returned for uhh..... more than I paid. :beer:

If you actually want Smash or MM on Wii U to play, I'd use brickseek and find a Walmart with it new. My kids only have a few Wii U titles left to go thru before I graduate them to switch, but the few random one-offs (for cheap from GS) I wanted them to try out just never worked. That and the touchpad is flaking out on me.

Yea, I've pretty much given up on getting Wii U games to actually play from GS. Flipping I've luckily had amazon accept all the discs without testing, but the last few I've gotten on the 50% off, etc all didn't work and I legitimately returned for uhh..... more than I paid. :beer:

If you actually want Smash or MM on Wii U to play, I'd use brickseek and find a Walmart with it new. My kids only have a few Wii U titles left to go thru before I graduate them to switch, but the few random one-offs (for cheap from GS) I wanted them to try out just never worked. That and the touchpad is flaking out on me.
So it's a known issue that Wii U games don't work often? I've never had this problem with ps4 games.

So I was able to double dip last month and this month with the $5 cert. I used cut and paste online on a new game the beginning of both months. Then when I went to buy a new game in store, employee says you have a $5 cert wanna use it? I explain that I already used it but told him go for it, and it worked both months! On another note, used an online $15 cert no problem, in the app I think. Then tried a $10 online cert, did not work at all, no matter what I tried, had to call customer service to get my points back. Then used a $50 cert. In store no problem. Those seemed to work the best. Used it on a $49.97 new game and got it free. In other Gamestop news, I ordered Utawarerumono mask of truth, got Utawarerumono mask of deception. I just reordered it with b2g1, not gonna even attempt a cs call and try to pronounce that game. Also ordered Cyberdimension Neptunia 4 godesses, got Megadimension Neptunia VII, ordered Trails of Cold Steel 1, got Trails of Cold Steel 2, and finally ordered Sinking City, got Call of Duty WWII?? So 2 losses, 1 win, and a push I guess?

I did not want to start a new thread and I know this is not a deal but i wanted to let everyone know that next gen games maybe $70 going forward.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/2/21311250/nba-2k21-playstation-5-xbox-series-x-versions-70-dollars-next-gen-price-increase-games

People are going to be upset by this and it does not help that the first game to announce this price increase is an annualized sports game. If this had been announced by a original next gen game I think this would have gone over much better. I however am not that upset about it. It has been over 10 years since a price increase so I figured we are overdue for a price increase.

Anyway, this board is going to become more useful to find savings if all games going forward are $70 or higher.
Why would I be upset? I’ll wait a few years for the ps5 pro and plenty of excellent gh games for 10-20$ new. In the meantime I’ll catch up on my backlog

I have called 2 of my local gamestops and both say they have Iron man VR in stock but when I go to order online, I only have delivery as an option no matter which store I chose under check store availability. None come up as available. Hopefully this gets fixed later tonight or tomorrow.

That is what I was thinking because the discs look pretty good... I wonder if Wii U discs are just more fragile?
Hold the discs up to a light and look underneath. Do you see any pin holes of light coming through. They could be damaging the label side and the disc info is right under the label.

That is what I was thinking because the discs look pretty good... I wonder if Wii U discs are just more fragile?
I've had more Wii U discs fail than all my other disc based consoles combined (excluding GS resurfacing machine discs, since that machine basically kills GameCube games). And these discs looked perfect, both the data (label) side and the underside.

I've had more Wii U discs fail than all my other disc based consoles combined (excluding GS resurfacing machine discs, since that machine basically kills GameCube games). And these discs looked perfect, both the data (label) side and the underside.
So I've already asked for replacements twice... if they don't work the 2nd time, should I just get a refund or keep going? I really want to play MM

So the Xbox gift card order I placed this morning was cancelled because of an issue with my credit card, even though I used a reward cert that covered the order total. They claim that they'll investigate it and refund me my points by tomorrow. I doubt that.

I had part of an order out for delivery today (I can do the 'follow delivery' option for UPS and it even showed the guy in my apartment complex), yet it wasn't delivered and now says it will be delivered Monday (while still saying 'out for delivery'). Be interested to see what the excuse was (I'm guessing it wasn't actually on the truck or he couldn't find it behind a bunch of boxes).

So, I decided to return the one disc (with the silver ring) from my B2G2 at a GameStop store here in San Antonio. Instead of the closest store I went to the next closest... I don't have a car so I have to take the bus--that precludes me from going all over town, especially right now. In fact, with the virus cases skyrocketing here I figured I'd better get it done in case stores have to go back to curbside/pickup at door mode.

I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to find games to do an exchange or if I would just get store credit. As it turns out, not only did I find four 9.99 games to do the exchange (the disc I returned was a 19.99 game), I also found a Borderlands 3 clearance T-shirt from the current sale ($5), and another four 9.99 games.

I found those additional four while looking for a 4.99 game to use my $5 monthly cert on (it wouldn't work on the T-shirt as it would have rung up at the "stickered" clearance price of 7.97). Interestingly enough, two of them were Dirt 1 and Dirt 2 in generic cases (the disc I was returning was Dirt 3). What's more, neither of those games had showed as in stock at this store when I checked the website the day before.

Soooo... that serves as a reminder to me that the website doesn't always indicate what the store has in stock, and sometimes you can make unexpected finds in-store. This also really reinforces my preference to get games from my local stores instead of ordering online sight unseen, as I can make sure they have original cases/artwork, that the discs are in decent condition, etc.

Of course there are still games on my wish list that I might not be able to get in stores, but the difference between in-store and online for shipment is like day and night.

The haul:

(1st Group)
:360: Elder Scrolls V: Legendary Edition (original case/artwork/manual)

:360: Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts/Viva Pinata (Platinum Hits double pack; original case/artwork/manuals)

:360: Lost Planet 3 (generic case/no artwork or manual)
:xb1: :360: Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition (original One/360 branded case/artwork)

(2nd Group)
:360: Dirt (generic case/no artwork or manual)

:360: Dirt 2 (generic case/no artwork or manual)

:xb1: Dishonored 2 (original case/artwork/manual)

:xb1: South Park: The Fractured But Whole (original case/artwork)

Oh, and I got a haircut for the first time in four months, thanks to the proximity of a Great Clips. Because possible repeat shutdown looming. Bars have already been ordered closed again, parks closed, etc. The Governor is now pleading with people to take precautions and finally issued a mandate to wear a mask (via emergency text) but that's a bit like closing the barn door after the horses have all bolted.  :???:

Stay safe out there, folks.

I have called 2 of my local gamestops and both say they have Iron man VR in stock but when I go to order online, I only have delivery as an option no matter which store I chose under check store availability. None come up as available. Hopefully this gets fixed later tonight or tomorrow.

So, I decided to return the one disc (with the silver ring) from my B2G2 at a GameStop store here in San Antonio. Instead of the closest store I went to the next closest... I don't have a car so I have to take the bus--that precludes me from going all over town, especially right now. In fact, with the virus cases skyrocketing here I figured I'd better get it done in case stores have to go back to curbside/pickup at door mode.

I wasn't sure whether I'd be able to find games to do an exchange or if I would just get store credit. As it turns out, not only did I find four 9.99 games to do the exchange (the disc I returned was a 19.99 game), I also found a Borderlands 3 clearance T-shirt from the current sale ($5), and another four 9.99 games.

I found those additional four while looking for a 4.99 game to use my $5 monthly cert on (it wouldn't work on the T-shirt as it would have rung up at the "stickered" clearance price of 7.97). Interestingly enough, two of them were Dirt 1 and Dirt 2 in generic cases (the disc I was returning was Dirt 3). What's more, neither of those games had showed as in stock at this store when I checked the website the day before.

Soooo... that serves as a reminder to me that the website doesn't always indicate what the store has in stock, and sometimes you can make unexpected finds in-store. This also really reinforces my preference to get games from my local stores instead of ordering online sight unseen, as I can make sure they have original cases/artwork, that the discs are in decent condition, etc.

Of course there are still games on my wish list that I might not be able to get in stores, but the difference between in-store and online for shipment is like day and night.

The haul:

(1st Group)
:360: Elder Scrolls V: Legendary Edition (original case/artwork/manual)

:360: Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts/Viva Pinata (Platinum Hits double pack; original case/artwork/manuals)

:360: Lost Planet 3 (generic case/no artwork or manual)
:xb1: :360: Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition (original One/360 branded case/artwork)

(2nd Group)
:360: Dirt (generic case/no artwork or manual)

:360: Dirt 2 (generic case/no artwork or manual)

:xb1: Dishonored 2 (original case/artwork/manual)

:xb1: South Park: The Fractured But Whole (original case/artwork)

Oh, and I got a haircut for the first time in four months, thanks to the proximity of a Great Clips. Because possible repeat shutdown looming. Bars have already been ordered closed again, parks closed, etc. The Governor is now pleading with people to take precautions and finally issued a mandate to wear a mask (via emergency text) but that's a bit like closing the barn door after the horses have all bolted. :???:

Stay safe out there, folks.
Gamestop's inventory system online is NOT CURRENTLY WORKING. This was messaged a few times a few pages back and previously during several additional periods.

When the system is like this, a search will only show stores that have MORE THAN ONE copy of a game available. If a store has a single copy of a game, the website reports that it has none.

Whether this is an intentional alteration or not has not been proven one way or the other, but it has happened several times for long stretches during periods that tend to match sales.

I recognize that any reasonable person would respond with "doing it intentionally makes no sense because (logical reasons concerning losing sales)", but this is Gamestop. Most of their tech decisions create less sales. They turned off pick up in store for games that weren't also available online... just 'cause.

I hope/assume they have some form of logic regarding their decisions, but it certainly isn't one that makes a lot of sense from an outsider's perspective.

I feel kinda guilty for using these monthly coupons / holiday coupons / pur certs twice recently, but then I figured I probably missed out on using them twice for the first 5 months of the year. 

I heard they would start offering cash for systems soon (and I assume smartphones)... so hopefully they might do it for the top weekly trades as well...  :beer:

I used my $10 off $60 and $5 monthly coupon on a pair of neon pink and green joy cons. I've been wanting them for a while now and was really surprised they had them in stock.

Gamestop's inventory system online is NOT CURRENTLY WORKING. This was messaged a few times a few pages back and previously during several additional periods.

When the system is like this, a search will only show stores that have MORE THAN ONE copy of a game available. If a store has a single copy of a game, the website reports that it has none.

Whether this is an intentional alteration or not has not been proven one way or the other, but it has happened several times for long stretches during periods that tend to match sales.

I recognize that any reasonable person would respond with "doing it intentionally makes no sense because (logical reasons concerning losing sales)", but this is Gamestop. Most of their tech decisions create less sales. They turned off pick up in store for games that weren't also available online... just 'cause.

I hope/assume they have some form of logic regarding their decisions, but it certainly isn't one that makes a lot of sense from an outsider's perspective.
Okay well no stores come up as in stock when I check. Like 15 show up and nothing. Both my local stores have 4-6 copies of the game so the only 1 thing can't be the issue. Maybe they just don't want in store pick up with this game for some reason. I will call up my local store and see if they can do anything. I chose the online reward cert so not sure if that can be overridden in the store.

*EDIT* I just got off the phone with customer service and she told me that Iron Man VR is showing as not available for in store pick up. She said the only option is to have it delivered despite it being in stock at the store. I asked if any other game does this and she said not that she knows of. Very strange.

Okay well no stores come up as in stock when I check. Like 15 show up and nothing. Both my local stores have 4-6 copies of the game so the only 1 thing can't be the issue. Maybe they just don't want in store pick up with this game for some reason. I will call up my local store and see if they can do anything. I chose the online reward cert so not sure if that can be overridden in the store.
Then that's super-weird and some new wrinkle to add to the chaos. ;)

Cashed in my $5 today for another $10 e-shop card, still works (I'm still not sure how GS makes money from this).  But I'd just as soon get rid of the coupon, since it doesn't work with (almost) any other deals.

I ended up stopping in the store and they refunded me $55 + tax for the game. Store associate was amazingly helpful. Basically he did a return on Monkey King and adjusted the price to $55.

Then that's super-weird and some new wrinkle to add to the chaos. ;)
Yup, I just confirmed again with my closest store. He told me he has multiple copies in stock. He says the online code will work in store but if online is making me add another game, I'm sure in store will too and so I would have to buy a used game instore and I will miss out on the cag16 discount and cash back shopping through befrugal by purchasing online. I can pay the 3.99 shipping and get it next week sometime too option. I am having a difficult time finding any game I would want bad enough to get the free shipping. It's probably better just to order it online. I am not dying to play Ironman right this minute lol.

My $10 off 30 expires tomorrow so I could always just wait until then to see if it's available. If not, I can just order online. Not like one day is gonna matter shipping wise.

*EDIT* I just got off the phone with customer service and she told me that Iron Man VR is showing as not available for in store pick up. She said the only option is to have it delivered despite it being in stock at the store. I asked if any other game does this and she said not that she knows of. Very strange.

Cashed in my $5 today for another $10 e-shop card, still works (I'm still not sure how GS makes money from this). But I'd just as soon get rid of the coupon, since it doesn't work with (almost) any other deals.

Games Day confirmed for tomorrow. Nothing exciting, some 1st party Switch titles reduced, to likely $40, new. It was done earlier this year, same titles, except Splatoon 2 added (I think - don't remember GS discounting that one, though Target did it for $40 at least once).

Memory cards, also which Target / BestBuy sold dirt cheap in the past, this year and last. To the effect of $20 for a "1st party" 128GB Switch card. GS prices may be good though in todays inventory climate, IDK.

GAMEDAYSACC75
GAMEDAYSCOLL75
GAMEDAYSGAMES75
GAMEDAYSHEAD75

statues:
DOTD76JIM
DOTD76SPIDER

It could be fun, if the used prices go lower than New, and CAG16 stacks, like it did early 2020 @ GS.

Enjoy!
Any idea if Mario Maker 2 would be $40? Need to pick it up as a birthday gift and was going to use my $10 off a $50 that expires today.

Next weeks ad highlights
Splatoon 2, smm2,smbd,yww and Mta are $40 new. $5 extra credit on every xbone, ps4 and switch game trades in worth a minimum of $3. B1g1 50% off last gen.

Marrio Tennis Aces and I forgot Switch Yoshi is crafted world not Wolly World

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back