2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
They were closing stores before the pandemic hit and people "not wanting to work" because they don't want to get sick.
Wasn't talking about permanent closings. I'm talking about stores shutting down for one-two weeks at a time on a whim and instead of corporate sending people to them to keep it open they remain closed until people randomly pop up to work there. If only life was easy enough to not leave the house because you "don't want to get sick". That would never cut it at a high level job.

They were closing stores before the pandemic hit and people "not wanting to work" because they don't want to get sick.

And it's because of people without real jobs who try to buy and resell games back to GS that they lowball trade-in values and have frequent store closings. I couldn't care less if GS goes under, but I'm hoping that its demise teaches some kids lessons in adulthood. Flipping games doesn't make you an entrepreneur, and there are plenty of productive ways to pay for your gaming hobby. But in all honesty, you'll probably resort to flipping toothpaste from Walgreens coupons on Amazon--and that's fine with me, since I invested in Amazon instead of 10 copies of a PS4 game.
Meh... To each their own. I personally don't flip ever, but I don't mind those who do. You know about stock, then you should be familiar with all of the shady practices billion dollar corps do.

Some hardass employees may try to tell you you need to pay/trade towards it in full (possibly of their own accord, possibly at the directive of their DL), but that's not official policy. You need to put $5 down from your total trade amount to reserve a standard edition game in almost all cases. The balance can go on a card, or towards other items in the purchase, etc. Afterwards, you can come back and trade more items and put just an additional $0.01 down on that same pre-order to activate the bonus on items in the new trade that would receive it.
I was told by a couple managers that it's a district requirement to put all of the credit onto the PO. I don't really care much as I'll just grab it back post release or move it to another PO. For now, I'm letting about $150 ride on the eventual PS5 announcement.

Does anyone know if there is a limit on long after calling for refund/replacement you have before you're SOL? I just got an email, a week after I contacted them, saying there's a delay in processing my refund or return request and that it might take up to 2 weeks to process (not sure if that's 2 weeks from when I called, or 2 weeks after the email). 

Does anyone know if there is a limit on long after calling for refund/replacement you have before you're SOL? I just got an email, a week after I contacted them, saying there's a delay in processing my refund or return request and that it might take up to 2 weeks to process (not sure if that's 2 weeks from when I called, or 2 weeks after the email).
During this current pandemic timeline? Going to be a tough one, even if there was a policy in place for before.

I got a similar email today on a replacement (game wasn't sent) and to keep an eye on my Credit card / email... guessing it will get here eventually. I've got 3 shipments that shipped via USPS, so it's literally been almost 2 weeks and still awaiting acceptance at the post office. I'm sure replacements will go this shipping around too.

And it's because of people without real jobs who try to buy and resell games back to GS that they lowball trade-in values and have frequent store closings.
GS is getting wiser to the flippers with the min value $3 or more on the recent +$5. I like flipping because I find it fun and a hobby and of itself. Luckly my state hasn't been hit much by closings.

Nice, thanks. Paper Mario is probably a good game to beat in two nights.
I heard the game was 25-40 hours... not sure it's one you can G2L beat. I'm more going to wait until it's available pre-owned during a B2Gx promo. Nintendo really doesn't seem to try on the special editions... I could imagine a ton of labo-like bundles they would tack on to this game and parents would just buy them all in this pandemic.

Noticed almost all of my recent orders are being shipped via FedEx, saw it mentioned a few days ago but surprised it finally took them this long to try them out instead of USPS.

Also noticed that almost all of my switch games from this 50% off deal are coming from the warehouse. What are the experiences with switch games that come from the warehouse? Don't think I've ever had one not be shipped from the store. Are they refurbished or something?

I got a similar email today on a replacement (game wasn't sent) and to keep an eye on my Credit card / email... guessing it will get here eventually. I've got 3 shipments that shipped via USPS, so it's literally been almost 2 weeks and still awaiting acceptance at the post office. I'm sure replacements will go this shipping around too.
Bleh... I have an order like that too, that was "shipped" on the 6th but still nothing on tracking. At least with this order, I used a credit card so I can just file a charge back. But my actual lost order was paid with a gift card so prob fucked there.

I'm waiting on a game ordered on the 6th. Same thing as everyone else, shipped USPS and hasn't been picked up. I'm pretty done with GameStop at this point. Was going to go pre order paper Mario and ghost of tsushima but I'll just get them at best buy instead.

Just got the same email waiting on my console that never left in June. "Hey sorry. Might be two more weeks... on top of the three already". As long as it gets here, it's all good. But odd we all got mass emails today. Must be expecting a shipment.

Just got the same email waiting on my console that never left in June. "Hey sorry. Might be two more weeks... on top of the three already". As long as it gets here, it's all good. But odd we all got mass emails today. Must be expecting a shipment.
Or they're buying time while they plan to run with our money....................

And it's because of people without real jobs who try to buy and resell games back to GS that they lowball trade-in values and have frequent store closings. I couldn't care less if GS goes under, but I'm hoping that its demise teaches some kids lessons in adulthood. Flipping games doesn't make you an entrepreneur, and there are plenty of productive ways to pay for your gaming hobby. But in all honesty, you'll probably resort to flipping toothpaste from Walgreens coupons on Amazon--and that's fine with me, since I invested in Amazon instead of 10 copies of a PS4 game.
You're on the wrong forum to be bitching about this.

I'm waiting on a game ordered on the 6th. Same thing as everyone else, shipped USPS and hasn't been picked up. I'm pretty done with GameStop at this point. Was going to go pre order paper Mario and ghost of tsushima but I'll just get them at best buy instead.
It’ll come. I ordered Sakura wars on July 4th and it’s slated for arrival on July 18th, which is fine. I learned that if you choose the default free shipping, the price you pay is you have to wait 2ish weeks or less for all your games to arrive. However, pay the $2.99 shipping fee and it’s way faster. I ordered 7 games Saturday, all are slated for delivery by Wednesday, no doubt because I shelled out for the quicker shipping. It’s all a matter of patience

It’ll come. I ordered Sakura wars on July 4th and it’s slated for arrival on July 18th, which is fine. I learned that if you choose the default free shipping, the price you pay is you have to wait 2ish weeks or less for all your games to arrive. However, pay the $2.99 shipping fee and it’s way faster. I ordered 7 games Saturday, all are slated for delivery by Wednesday, no doubt because I shelled out for the quicker shipping. It’s all a matter of patience
Well that's good to hear. I've ordered with the free shipping many times and it has been very quick, but they have been ones shipping from a store. This is obviously from the warehouse which must be pretty slow moving right now.

Noticed almost all of my recent orders are being shipped via FedEx, saw it mentioned a few days ago but surprised it finally took them this long to try them out instead of USPS.

Also noticed that almost all of my switch games from this 50% off deal are coming from the warehouse. What are the experiences with switch games that come from the warehouse? Don't think I've ever had one not be shipped from the store. Are they refurbished or something?
I’ve had switch games from the TX warehouse come literally with a black piece of tape covering a “defective return to warehouse” sticker on them. Game seemed to work ok, and they never test switch games when you trade in so..... traded in as a weekly top trade. I’m pretty sure someone just blew on it to “fix” it... :)

Took a few days but I eventually got a response on my refund/replacement (I chose refund) from a CS rep and later this email, telling me to keep an eye on your card/email. Said it would take up to 2 weeks go to through.

You know, you could just keep and play the game you bought. Just an astute observation.
To be fair, there’s a very high chance that he/she has beaten the game, and GameStop has traditionally done $30 guaranteed for the first 30 days after a major title comes out. But if the commenter isn’t done with the game, then yes, it’s definitely worth the $20 to keep and finish.

I thought you were leaving?
290.jpg

@evil4life I emailed gamestop last month because they sent me the wrong game and I still haven't heard back. It's been weeks
sheesh if that's the case im just gonna call and demand they fix the issue there since i stupidly traded my points for an in store certificate instead of online and i already missed out on the good deals that were happening last week.

I redeemed my pur points for a $5 online code when I try to redeem it I receive a error message coupon code cannot be added to my cart also I renewed my pro player whatchamacallit $14.99 I cannot see my $5 coupon in my active offers not like I would be able to use it all the stores near me are still closed.

I redeemed my pur points for a $5 online code when I try to redeem it I receive a error message coupon code cannot be added to my cart also I renewed my pro player whatchamacallit $14.99 I cannot see my $5 coupon in my active offers not like I would be able to use it all the stores near me are still closed.
Try adding the code through the app if you haven’t. Otherwise you’ll have to call and get your points refunded.

Just did received error message the coupon code you entered is not currently valid. Please check the spelling of the code and the expiration date of the coupon.

Try adding the code through the app if you haven’t. Otherwise you’ll have to call and get your points refunded.

Not Always. It is the same hit or miss conditions as they are in the stores. I got my new and surprisingly sealed copy of xenoblade switch version through the warehouse. I think someone mentioned something about either the store or warehouse shipped items reflecting their full prices vs discounts from sales like buy 2 get 2 free, buy 1 get one 50% off and such. And that can be a major deciding factor when doing a return.

Not Always. It is the same hit or miss conditions as they are in the stores. I got my new and surprisingly sealed copy of xenoblade switch version through the warehouse. I think someone mentioned something about either the store or warehouse shipped items reflecting their full prices vs discounts from sales like buy 2 get 2 free, buy 1 get one 50% off and such. And that can be a major deciding factor when doing a return.
Yea I've had good experiences ordering new from them via the warehouse, as the games have always come sealed. I just didn't even know if switch games could be refurbished. They are all obscure games so I didn't put it past them. I think I either read on here or somewhere else that all returns regardless of being defective or not are supposed to be shipped back to the warehouse, so that might be the case here with them.

Yea I've had good experiences ordering new from them via the warehouse, as the games have always come sealed. I just didn't even know if switch games could be refurbished. They are all obscure games so I didn't put it past them. I think I either read on here or somewhere else that all returns regardless of being defective or not are supposed to be shipped back to the warehouse, so that might be the case here with them.
What did I miss, order new from the warehouse?

To be fair, there’s a very high chance that he/she has beaten the game, and GameStop has traditionally done $30 guaranteed for the first 30 days after a major title comes out. But if the commenter isn’t done with the game, then yes, it’s definitely worth the $20 to keep and finish.
People here actually play games? Kekw

Looks like GS has the UBI digital games on sale. I was going to pass on these because...backlog...but if I can spend GS space points I am interested.

Can I cash in points for online coupons to buy these? Anyone have any luck with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back