2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, I've said I'm done with their online orders too....until the next 50%+ off sale or glitch...then I'll be rolling the dice again because daddy needs a new converted preowned!
I'm done as well, at least with 360/PS3. I'm having to return probably 75%-80% of all last gen games I get from online orders. Gave them another shot due to the 50% off, but its not worth the hassle.

Looks like they might be having trouble scanning orders or are just being careless. My order from the 3rd was delivered yesterday, after no tracking update. I just checked, and it still says "awaiting carrier pickup". Doesn't even say delivered. This happened with a shirt I ordered a month or two ago that still shows order received in my GS history, but I already got it.

No idea what's going on, but like I said it's always better just to wait instead of wasting your time calling support

Had to finally give in and look. I wonder if cobra knows all he does is talk into the void. Pretty sure he's blocked by everyone on here lol. Was one of the first things I did as soon as I joined.

Is anyone else’s store charging a fee on trades so they can get sanitized? I just tried to trade in a game and the fee was $7.00. I was told that they charging this fee on all trade ins.

Is anyone else’s store charging a fee on trades so they can get sanitized? I just tried to trade in a game and the fee was $7.00. I was told that they charging this fee on all trade ins.
Spray your stuff with Lysol in front of them? Keep your $7.

Not surprised since it's GameStop. GameStop gonna GameStop.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm done as well, at least with 360/PS3. I'm having to return probably 75%-80% of all last gen games I get from online orders. Gave them another shot due to the 50% off, but its not worth the hassle.
You've been trash talking GS since you joined last month, in-between talking down to your community. All the while continually saying how you are "done" with GS.

Seriously, when I keep hearing you saying how "done" you are, in this thread and others, it gets very old, very fast. It saddens me when I hear you say you bought more from GS.

If you are truly done, then glory, hallelujah! Go with my blessings.

Looks like they might be having trouble scanning orders or are just being careless. My order from the 3rd was delivered yesterday, after no tracking update. I just checked, and it still says "awaiting carrier pickup". Doesn't even say delivered. This happened with a shirt I ordered a month or two ago that still shows order received in my GS history, but I already got it.

No idea what's going on, but like I said it's always better just to wait instead of wasting your time calling support
I actually just noticed an order from February in my history as pending that has been completed. I tried to cancel it but just get an error.

just curious if you guys buying ncaa 14 are buying to sell in the future or to actually play? also when you play, do you actually play the games or just do the recruiting and then simulate the season like i do?

just curious if you guys buying ncaa 14 are buying to sell in the future or to actually play? also when you play, do you actually play the games or just do the recruiting and then simulate the season like i do?
I bought 2 so i can decide which copy im gonna keep. I can't wait for it to come in the mail

Stuff I ordered during the 50% off came

kh 1.5 2.5 came in its original case  But the bottom of the disc looks concerning. Will have to test it later.

code vein came in a generic box but the disc is fine not a scratch or mark on it.

pokemon sun and moon as well as nsmb2 are came in the clear plastic things they use now.  To be expected since almost all 3ds games cases they toss out these days.

Well, that's good for you but my calling support informed me my order was lost. If I never called, I wouldn't know that I would never be getting it.

Well, that's good for you but my calling support informed me my order was lost. If I never called, I wouldn't know that I would never be getting it.
Dude, support knows nothing LOL. You think some random person sitting in an office across the world knows if your USPS/UPS or Gamestop themselves lost the order? They don't. They say that to be nice and get you off the line. Like I said, I was told the same thing and I got my actual order a week later. It might be, it might not be.

Just because someone tells you something doesn't mean that's what happened, man. That's a life lesson.

Had to finally give in and look. I wonder if cobra knows all he does is talk into the void. Pretty sure he's blocked by everyone on here lol. Was one of the first things I did as soon as I joined.
Nah. Nice try though. You're just not a helpful person. But for whatever you reason, you think you know what you are talking about. Continue to trash a company you continue to spend time in a thread for, while talking down to people that are actually more knowledgeable and more meaningful to this community.

Not to mention the other topics you go into and troll.

Dude, support knows nothing LOL. You think some random person sitting in an office across the world knows if your USPS/UPS or Gamestop themselves lost the order? They don't. They say that to be nice and get you off the line. Like I said, I was told the same thing and I got my actual order a week later. It might be, it might not be.

Just because someone tells you something doesn't mean that's what happened, man. That's a life lesson.
So true. GS customer service is very bad.

Rev up them repeats

Darksiders Genesis DOTD again tomorrow.
Monkey King Hero is Back again DOTD Friday
Darksiders 3 DOTD again Saturday
You are spot on so far. How did you know this ahead of time?

How much will Darksiders 3 be and is the switch version gonna be a part of it?

So true. GS customer service is very bad.
I think we can all agree on that. I'm 0/3 over the past year... my most recent issue, was the first time I thought I might get my issue resolved because the CS rep was actually able to verify my issue but it's been 8 business days now with no confirmation that my replacement order exists. I'm just waiting a few more days because of the "we're so busy and everything's delayed" email.

Will likely have a 4th issue that'll go unresolved because I've got an order that "shipped" July 3rd and still no evidence that UPS picked it up. The only thing that's updated for that order is the delivery date... started at 9th, then 13th, 16th, 21st, 23rd, and now 27th.

I have various degrees of luck between email support and phone support. Sometimes when I leave a number for call back, they say I'm the next in line but then I'm on hold for another 5+ minutes. Sometimes when I sent an email, I get the autogenerated response then nothing, ever. Other times I get a response within .. 5 minutes saying they've processed my replacement/refund. 

Sometimes both will respond and you'll get 2 refunds/replacements.   :beer: I usually only return items in-store as a last resort since they usually also end up removing PUR points, but sometimes its worth it....

Sell in the present and play. I just keep swapping out my personal copy. Made like $1k since March

You are spot on so far. How did you know this ahead of time?

How much will Darksiders 3 be and is the switch version gonna be a part of it?
Can't speculate on price, only inclusion. They were selling the game at 3.99 last week, so anything above that makes no sense. Switch version is not a part of tomorrow's dotd. Try using the search box on the website. Typing anything will usually bring up recent and related search strings. Typing dotd usually leads you to the current naming pattern for deals of the day. If you're not an idiot, you can guess the rest of the days of the week based on that information.

A bit off-topic so bear with me here, a gaming item I ordered on Mercari was shipped via UPS two days ago from CA. It was supposed to be delivered today. When I checked the tracking info late last night, it changed to "due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed." I went looking for answers as to what this may mean, and came across a reply on the UPS page on DownDectector.com from 19 days ago. I am omitting the person's name and my apologies in advance for the lengthy post. This could help explain the delays in orders from GS being picked up and shipped via UPS.

I am a ups driver in suburban Chicago for the last 25 years. First and foremost; my loyalty is to my customers. Half the phone numbers in my phone are my customers. So many on here are asking what's going on. Plain and simple; ups people are getting infected and many have actually Died! You will Not here about most ups deaths in the mainstream media.

Believe me when I say; we are doing the Best we can. As a driver; I can only deliver what's Actually on the truck. The tracking system is for Millions upon Millions of packages Each and Every single day. When i hear no problems with Amazon; that's because ups delivers millions of Amazon's packages every day. Truth! Just because you see a little blue Prime van; it doesn't mean they deliver All their own stuff. Our trucks get slammed with Amazon all the time!

Hodgkins, Illinois is our major midwest sorting facility called cach(Chicago area consolidation hub). Much of the countries packages go through here and they have been slammed with holiday season volume for months and months during the pandemic. Numerous workers have gotten infected there and at least 2 have died.

Now we throw in the protests, riots, looting, etc. Ups did not send trucks out to areas for days where it was not safe. This was All over the country. It Was the correct move. There have been numerous delivery vehicles robbed, stolen, burned, etc. Once again; you may not hear about all these stories. A Fedex driver was shot here recently. For what.....some packages.

Every day i deliver nonessential goods. Video games, clothes, sneakers, trampolines, you name it. But; i wonder if one of my customer's medicine is delayed because Everyone is ordering Everything and Anything online these days. Resulting in peak volume each and every single day.

I personally have had perfect attendance during the pandemic and protests due to my loyalty to my customers. Even though my wife and kids worry about me every day. I have received countless thank yous for working during all this world chaos. If your package is delayed i am sorry and do take it personally. I only write on here because i take pride in what I do and many are asking "what's going on ".

Take care Everyone. Be safe in this crazy world.

UPS has been the suck (East Bay, Ca) here for months. Packages often sitting less than 5 miles from the house for 3 to 4 weeks. Packages also getting "damaged" by UPS too. Absolutely no problems with FedEx or USPS during this time period.

UPS has been the suck (East Bay, Ca) here for months. Packages often sitting less than 5 miles from the house for 3 to 4 weeks. Packages also getting "damaged" by UPS too. Absolutely no problems with FedEx or USPS during this time period.
It looks like people all across CA are having major problems with UPS right now. The last location my package was scanned at was San Pablo, CA when it departed from the facility there at 4:18am yesterday. After that it was delayed at 11:35pm last night and says to check back for a scheduled delivery date.

This is a first for us as every package shipped via UPS has either arrived on time or a day or two late recently. I live in NM and I don't know how the employees at the facility here is faring in terms their health or sorting, transit, and delivery times. FedEx and USPS do seem to be more consistent for us well.

Two things are hurting UPS right now:

1. They have no regard for the personal health and safety or their employees working in the facilities. No measures in place for social distancing or frequent cleaning. It also sounds like employees aren't being supplied with gloves and masks to wear while they work inside or make deliveries.

2. UPS isn't informing customers of potential delays for whatever the reason (COVID, weather, protests, etc). Want to try and find out what's happening? YMMV it as seems no one is working at the call centers right now.

Now time for me to get back on topic. This is the Gamestop thread and I don't mean to throw it off-topic with talk of UPS shipping delays. I've been itching for a FPS on the Switch, is there anything of interest worth looking at both physical and digital?

Same area as you, and even though I've had my troubles with UPS, its USPS that's really been killer. They've lost at least one of my packages and anything coming from them takes a minimum of 2 weeks to get here. No problems with FedEx though either.

I've been itching for a FPS on the Switch, is there anything of interest worth looking at both physical and digital?
Bioshock collection, Doom, Wolfenstein 2, Bulletstorm, Call of Juarez. I am sure there is a list of all the FPS games on Switch or the good ones.

Bioshock collection, Doom, Wolfenstein 2, Bulletstorm. I am sure there is a list of all the FPS games on Switch or the good ones.
I didn't know that Bulletstorm has been made for the Switch. Of course I've only had my Switch Lite for a couple of months now so that explains a lot. I will look into all of those, thanks for the info. I'm thinking I've seen a video or two from Nintendo Life on YT about the FPS games on the Switch rated from worst to best based on Metacritic reviews/scores. I will check them out in their entirety for light reference.

It looks like people all across CA are having major problems with UPS right now. The last location my package was scanned at was San Pablo, CA when it departed from the facility there at 4:18am yesterday. After that it was delayed at 11:35pm last night and says to check back for a scheduled delivery date.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the San Pablo UPS hub location is the one I'm specifically talking about. Oakland has also been notoriously bad.

Stuff ges there, says it's loaded, says it out for delivery, them mysterious reverts to in transit or unknown for 3 weeks or so. Then arrives again at the same location and then magically gets delivered after 3-4 weeks in San Pablo.

Good luck.

Also was happy to see my GS location open early today for Tsushima. Not a CAG deal but I can't pass up something that looks that pretty.

G2L code for it is EBC3064135

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the San Pablo UPS hub location is the one I'm specifically talking about. Oakland has also been notoriously bad.

Stuff ges there, says it's loaded, says it out for delivery, them mysterious reverts to in transit or unknown for 3 weeks or so. Then arrives again at the same location and then magically gets delivered after 3-4 weeks in San Pablo.

Good luck.

Also was happy to see my GS location open early today for Tsushima. Not a CAG deal but I can't pass up something that looks that pretty.

G2L code for it is EBC3064135
Thanks for the heads up. I'll notify the seller on Mercari of what has happened and let them know to keep an eye on it as well. I read the Oakland hub is pretty fouled up too.

Does the buy new get used 40% off work at the counter at the store? I want to get new Ghost of Tsushima and used Last of Us 2 but for some reason GoT is not available for in store on the website.

Does the buy new get used 40% off work at the counter at the store? I want to get new Ghost of Tsushima and used Last of Us 2 but for some reason GoT is not available for in store on the website.
Considering it says 'online only', I would say, no.

I found it interesting that my copy of pre-owned cave story for the switch came in a generic GameStop case, but had the inserts: (instructions/art book and a soundtrack (small psp looking) disc.

Anyone know what plays those disc??

Looks like orders from individual stores (8.5" x 11" slips) from the current 50% sale have the correct discounted price on the packing slip. Fun's over boys!
I'm sure it'll be inconsistent store to stores still, probably linked to if it was original a Funcoland / EB / Babaabbaages / etc.

I got a $10 off $50
I got... nothing! It should show up under active offers I assume? Paper Mario Origami / Ghost of Tushymeh reviews look kinda average, so might not make the library until much cheaper.

Ooo. What did it say?
dcd6002a461537e31465d81802c56bd5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back