2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
My order that shipped early July finally randomly showed up today. The tracking info was never updated until today showing delivered.
Does it show any history before being delivered today? Like did UPS handle the package for most of the transit before being transferred to the USPS, or did USPS handle it start to finish? I've got one sitting since the 3rd so I'm hoping I don't have another GS issue to deal with.

Blocking an alt makes sense, especially when that alt lasts less than a week before getting banned and coming back with a new alt. Seems like wasted effort for something so trivial. To each their own though.
My ignore list is an absolute graveyard of banned accounts. I'm rather proud.

Been keeping track of my trade games, Forza Horizon 3 is now accepted again. $5 base.

Also :xb1: Injustice 2. $3 base.

Was just denied returning my still sealed LoU2 that I got on 6/19/20. I was returning it to use my $10 off of $50 and my $5 monthly coupon on the used copy that the store had. I was told buy the CSR that I was trying to abuse the return system In my favor. I just tried to explain that I was just trying to save $20. This wasn’t my home store but it was a prestige store just down the road from me. (Was only store in area with a used LoU2) I just thought it was funny as I thought selling a pre-owned copy would be better for his numbers.
Yeah, I don’t see how this is wrong at all. Still sealed, you didn’t use credit / promo or anything? If you want to return your new item within the regular guidelines I don’t see why not. Then if you want to buy a different pre-owned copy they also have for sale, why would they care? It’s a regular return and a regular sale.

What the heck is with this week's ad? 2/3 of it is just promoting new games/preorders and there is literally one game on sale - ghost recon breakpoint for $15, which isn't even a good deal. B3G2 on $20 and under is worse than the 50% off last week as well. Feel like it's been a month since there's been a really good GameStop sale

Any luck with the B2G2 & B3G2 stacking? I have a bunch of $9.99 games in my app cart and all I get is the B2G2 with overflow @ full price.

Gamestop must be making progress in getting rid of their backstock. Some of the smaller games I've had my eye on - Owlboy, Close To The Sun, and Truberbrook - are no longer listed for PS4 at all.

I applied my $5 off monthly code to pre order a funko online, if i try to add it again it says code already redeemed, which isnt a problem. But if i cancel the pre order i used it on will it still be redeemed or can i use it again on another order?

I applied my $5 off monthly code to pre order a funko online, if i try to add it again it says code already redeemed, which isnt a problem. But if i cancel the pre order i used it on will it still be redeemed or can i use it again on another order?
If you used it on an order, of course it’s been redeemed. They’re not smart enough to refund you the cert automatically when you’ve cancelled an order, like most places do. You’d have to call and get the points value given back to you.

If you used it on an order, of course it’s been redeemed. They’re not smart enough to refund you the cert automatically when you’ve cancelled an order, like most places do. You’d have to call and get the points value given back to you.
Thanks for the reply. Guess ill keep my order.

Right? Yet it's going for a pretty decent amount on ebay and Amazon
Looks like its just the adventurers edition with all the inserts, and wow, you're right lol. But hey, people pay a lot for that shit. Same reason people fork over 2x or 3x the price of the game for the collectors.

Geez, is Y's VIII becoming super rare or something?
It didn't have a very big print run in the US. Falcom was worried westerners wouldn't like it. So I guess it could go rare.

A NA localization of Ys IX for the Switch / PS4 was announced for 2021. Ys VIII is a pretty decent JRPG. Ys Origins is getting some sort of Limited Run Games also for various systems, soon..

Not a terrible option as a game from GS.

Yeah, I'm flip-flopping on buying it or not. Does anyone know if you can use coupons bought with membership points in conjunction with CAG16 online?

A lot of publsihers typically reprint ganes towards the end of a console generation to generate "cheap" revenue as they develop games for the next gen. It's not true for everyone but expect to see compilatiobs and repackages. Not sure Falcom would do this, but smaller publishers have done this (see Disgaea and Atelier collections).

Hmmm ... seems super risky to buy off a delisted page from Gamestop. That is asking for trouble!
Majority of time it is not delisted. It's the website being a giant mess. A number of Nintendo switch releases can be found via links to GameStop from Nintendo's pages for them on the Nintendo website. That's how I ordered Ys 8

A lot of publsihers typically reprint ganes towards the end of a console generation to generate "cheap" revenue as they develop games for the next gen. It's not true for everyone but expect to see compilatiobs and repackages. Not sure Falcom would do this, but smaller publishers have done this (see Disgaea and Atelier collections).
Falcom don't publish outside Japan. Nisa localized Ys8 which is why it was a disaster and had to be retranslated and patched. Odds are low on getting a new print given that Nisa has stopped doing larger prints lately as have many smaller jpn game publishers.

Falcom don't publish outside Japan. Nisa localized Ys8 which is why it was a disaster and had to be retranslated and patched. Odds are low on getting a new print given that Nisa has stopped doing larger prints lately as have many smaller jpn game publishers.
I was surprised Xseed didn't localize this one since they did the past few but I actually didn't know about this... kind of surprised, doesn't NISA have a pretty solid track record for localizing games? Guessing the PS4/Vita versions need patch updates but is the physical version patched (since it came out later) or is that an update?

Guess today's DOTD games just never got a discount? Not that I wanted any of them.... this week is looking pretty bad from the initial browse of the week (seems like a new format term: DOTD-MON-72020 for example)

That and I thought I saw a new $45 YOU WANT THIS BOX this morning ... but it sold out real quick?  :shock: Must have been an amazing box!

Is Ghost of Tsushima a must buy?
Open world and rpg elements are fantastic. Combat is pretty good, some diversity, not as tough as Sekiro. Story is my biggest complaint and the biggest thing I want in gaming. It's fine, but nothing special.

Still having a great time with it so far. It's a level below Horizon Zero dawn for me.

I hope that helps

I was surprised Xseed didn't localize this one since they did the past few but I actually didn't know about this... kind of surprised, doesn't NISA have a pretty solid track record for localizing games? Guessing the PS4/Vita versions need patch updates but is the physical version patched (since it came out later) or is that an update?
Switch I'm not sure if they patched its translation or not off hand. I would assume they did despite how long it took to release. But I would have to look into it. Honestly I hope it was but if it wasn't that sucks for the long run as once servers are gone people will have to play it unpatched.

As for Nisa track record they are spotty and have poor/cheapo localization which is how they get projects since they underbid them.

Yes I just checked and they did a translation patch for the switch version.

Is Ghost of Tsushima a must buy?
To echo what MEguy11 said, it's a lot of fun. Kind of a crazy combo of Assassins Creed, Far Cry, + some RPG elements. Really enjoying the customization and skill trees areas and they're not overly complicated and labor-intensive, like some games. The story, while not TLOU-caliber or anything, is involving and there's tons of content across a huge map. You likely won't be bored.

The negatives? The camera can be a real problem at times. Get ready to stare at close-ups of walls at times while your opponent is pummeling you. There are some weird bugs in the environment that they clearly haven't worked out yet (my horse has levitated on more than one occasion) but as of right now, no game-breaking ones that I've seen. I'd definitely recommend it if you enjoy the games I mentioned above, and like digging into an involving story. It's also gorgeous to look at.

Open world and rpg elements are fantastic. Combat is pretty good, some diversity, not as tough as Sekiro. Story is my biggest complaint and the biggest thing I want in gaming. It's fine, but nothing special.

Still having a great time with it so far. It's a level below Horizon Zero dawn for me.

I hope that helps
Thanks for the input. I will wait for a cheaper price then!

To echo what MEguy11 said, it's a lot of fun. Kind of a crazy combo of Assassins Creed, Far Cry, + some RPG elements. Really enjoying the customization and skill trees areas and they're not overly complicated and labor-intensive, like some games. The story is involving and there's tons of content across a huge map. You likely won't be bored.

The negatives? The camera can be a real problem at times. Get ready to stare at close-ups of walls at times while your opponent is pummeling you. There are some weird bugs in the environment that they clearly haven't worked out yet but as of right now, no game-breaking ones that I've seen. I'd definitely recommend it if you enjoy the games I mentioned above, and like digging into an involving story. It's also gorgeous to look at.
Thank you. I think I might wait till its 40 dollars before I bite!!

I personally have had perfect attendance during the pandemic and protests due to my loyalty to my customers. Even though my wife and kids worry about me every day. I have received countless thank yous for working during all this world chaos. If your package is delayed i am sorry and do take it personally. I only write on here because i take pride in what I do and many are asking "what's going on ".

Take care Everyone. Be safe in this crazy world.
UPS has been fine for me this year. Only one delay of a couple days due to civil unrest in the Chicagoland area. Thanks for all you do.

UPS has been fine for me this year. Only one delay of a couple days due to civil unrest in the Chicagoland area. Thanks for all you do.
I saw that post from the UPS driver of 25+ years on DownDetector.com a few days ago and it sad to see what's been going company-wide. Just wanted to share with everyone here why UPS packages from GS or other retailers may be delayed. Thankfully my Mercari order arrived yesterday, just one day after the delay.

I'm very thankful for all of the hard work that essential workers have been putting in during this pandemic.

Screw it, I went for the Y's VIII on switch (used a $10 PUR coupon, which DID stack with CAG16 by the way).  Worst case, even if I get just the game it's going for at least $55 on ebay cart-only. 

Was able to find a complete used copy of LOU2 for in-store pickup...CAG16 stacked with my $5 promo and the $15 online cert i redeemed a couple weeks back. $31 after tax isn't too shabby, almost done with the remastered version so this is perfect!

I don’t think this is going to be rare. Multiple GameStop’s around be already have 3-4 copies of the game with cases and everything. It has great reviews and had highest 1st day sales but seems to be showing signs of a game that’s tanking. Multiple around me all have collectors editions and a ton of new copies. I have a feeling this game is going to be $20 in a month or two.

Was able to find a complete used copy of LOU2 for in-store pickup...CAG16 stacked with my $5 promo and the $15 online cert i redeemed a couple weeks back. $31 after tax isn't too shabby, almost done with the remastered version so this is perfect!

I don’t think this is going to be rare. Multiple GameStop’s around be already have 3-4 copies of the game with cases and everything. It has great reviews and had highest 1st day sales but seems to be showing signs of a game that’s tanking. Multiple around me all have collectors editions and a ton of new copies. I have a feeling this game is going to be $20 in a month or two.
Of course it isn’t going to be rare. It’s not some limited produced game. It’s not going to be $20 anytime soon though.

Ys VIII is definitely rare, I was able to sell my used PS4 copy for $89 a few weeks ago on ebay..and luckily got what I think is the last used copy in a Gamestop in NYC for 49.99 pre trade in credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back