2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
To those mad  about USPS delays and weirdness here is a reason or the reason it's going to get worse: https://apnews.com/59c25efd4d325c4895f8ba85517f9bfd

Mail deliveries could be delayed by a day or more under cost-cutting efforts being imposed by the new postmaster general. The plan eliminates overtime for hundreds of thousands of postal workers and says employees must adopt a “different mindset” to ensure the Postal Service’s survival during the coronavirus pandemic.

Late trips will no longer be authorized. If postal distribution centers are running late, “they will keep the mail for the next day,″ Postal Service leaders say in a document obtained by The Associated Press. “One aspect of these changes that may be difficult for employees is that — temporarily — we may see mail left behind or mail on the workroom floor or docks,″ another document says.

The changes come a month after Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a major donor to President Donald Trump, took over the sprawling mail service. In a memo titled “PMG Expectations and Plan,″ the agency said the changes are aimed at “making the USPS fundamentally solvent which we are not at this time.″

Ys VIII is definitely rare, I was able to sell my used PS4 copy for $89 a few weeks ago on ebay..and luckily got what I think is the last used copy in a Gamestop in NYC for 49.99 pre trade in credit.
I have a complete copy with soundtrack and artbook.You think i can get $125 for it?

I have a complete copy with soundtrack and artbook.You think i can get $125 for it?
What I like to do is search for all "Sold" copies of a game on Ebay to try and get an average from there (usually based off of the last couple of months). That's your best bet to see what you can probably get for it.

This is exactly what I was able to grab off my local GameStop last week. I don’t think you’ll get $125 for it unless it’s sealed, I suggest you hold onto it (great game also) as it will appreciate

Got something I was pretty impressed with from the last B5G50% off under $20 deal. Mostly ordering DS/3DS stuff recently.

Not sure how rare the game is but it is cherry. Looks like it has never been touched inside, even has the folded registration card. Only thing on the outside is the GS price sticker on the front, doesn't even have one on the back.

For Nintendo DS (not 3DS) - The World Ends With You - Square Enix made it

I don't know anything about the game other than it popped up in a web search on a few lists of best DS RPGs. 

Just a report on the results of a B5 get 50% off order I placed on Tuesday July 14: I ordered 5  :360: games at $14.99 each. For whatever reason this shipment (all 5 games) came from Oregon instead of Texas (I'm in Texas, and the last order I placed came from Texas). 

Two came with original cases and artwork but no manual; one came in generic case with no artwork or manual; and two came in original cases (i.e. the 360 green) but with no artwork or manual. That's a better outcome than my previous order, which was all generic cases. All the games are in good condition and work fine (unlike my previous order, which had one 'silver-ringed' disc that didn't work).

Just as with my previous order, I went with the discounted Standard Shipping at 1.99 (more on that in a moment). The package was with UPS the entire way, I received it on Friday July 17, so no delay. Based on the results of the past few orders, I think I'll stick with Standard shipping instead of No Hurry shipping whenever I order from GS. Of course the $5 discount on it if my order is $35 or more is a major factor.

However, I did notice with my next B5 get 50% order (placed on Saturday July 18 before the promo ended) that the Standard shipping option had increased by $1, from 6.99 to 7.99 before discount, so that I paid 2.99 after discount instead of 1.99. Not sure if this is a temporary or permanent change--can never tell with GameStop.  :whistle2:k

Ys VIII is definitely rare, I was able to sell my used PS4 copy for $89 a few weeks ago on ebay..and luckily got what I think is the last used copy in a Gamestop in NYC for 49.99 pre trade in credit.
Rare is what you make of it, I suppose.

To me, a game isn't rare if I can just go on EBay and buy it.

I will acknowledge that the case is apparently uncommon, along with the inserts. While you can still buy (expensive) cases and inserts, it realistically won't last forever. It's going to dry up eventually. Stock in this instance is limited. And then the game could go rare.

With the series moving onward to another installment, I suppose people who like Ys 9 will want Ys 8 (or want to play the predecessor before the Ys 9 launch). Then there are the latecomers who just want currently uncommon games.

The truly rare items will be the cover artwork, and the inserts. I think this will be a true price gap, as if it isn't already. I somehow feel this will widen. As example, a sealed trading pack of cards is really hard to find, unless you buy "Brand New", currently.

--

People shit on NISA, but they did a good job with "version 2". I don't mind them doing more with Falcom in the future. They had a shitty past, with shoddy voice acting, but they proved they can do better. /peace

I don’t think this is going to be rare. Multiple GameStop’s around be already have 3-4 copies of the game with cases and everything. It has great reviews and had highest 1st day sales but seems to be showing signs of a game that’s tanking. Multiple around me all have collectors editions and a ton of new copies. I have a feeling this game is going to be $20 in a month or two.
Oh I know it's not going to be rare, I'm just happy to have found it for much cheaper than the original $60. $30 after my certs is what I wanted to spend a month after the game came out. I know it's not the same as the game dropping to $40 or $35 soon (which may happen) but I'm pleased with the CAG16 and certs, which I would have used anyways.

To those mad about USPS delays and weirdness here is a reason or the reason it's going to get worse: https://apnews.com/59c25efd4d325c4895f8ba85517f9bfd

Mail deliveries could be delayed by a day or more under cost-cutting efforts being imposed by the new postmaster general. The plan eliminates overtime for hundreds of thousands of postal workers and says employees must adopt a “different mindset” to ensure the Postal Service’s survival during the coronavirus pandemic.

Late trips will no longer be authorized. If postal distribution centers are running late, “they will keep the mail for the next day,″ Postal Service leaders say in a document obtained by The Associated Press. “One aspect of these changes that may be difficult for employees is that — temporarily — we may see mail left behind or mail on the workroom floor or docks,″ another document says.

The changes come a month after Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a major donor to President Donald Trump, took over the sprawling mail service. In a memo titled “PMG Expectations and Plan,″ the agency said the changes are aimed at “making the USPS fundamentally solvent which we are not at this time.″
another Trump flunky in a position of power. guess now we know where all those mail in ballots will end up.

Copy 1 of 3, Ncaa football 14, disc looked good and got resurfaced. Disc isnt even spinning. Froze on me one time in the menu and stopped working all together after that

Copy 1 of 3, Ncaa football 14, disc looked good and got resurfaced. Disc isnt even spinning. Froze on me one time in the menu and stopped working all together after that
Seems that's the case now with "rare" (by GS standards) games. Sounds like the non-working ones are just being re-circulated in an attempt for them to stick somewhere other than the company. I managed to snag a few OG Xbox games recently from the website that showed 1 left from the warehouse and while they haven't horrible condition wise, I'm worried they wont work, as it seems unlikely a working copy just popped up out of nowhere.

If any of you want a laugh, check out the Manhunt listing for OG Xbox and look at the picture they used. I saw it was in stock a few days ago with 1 left, so I won't be surprised if I get the copy they showed on the image.

To those mad about USPS delays and weirdness here is a reason or the reason it's going to get worse: https://apnews.com/59c25efd4d325c4895f8ba85517f9bfd

It's more of a political jab. The USPS has been losing money for years. Bringing up politics by this author, just helps validate their sorry existence. If your career is going to shit, just drum up the audience with shitposts about things others might agree with.

It really has little to do with USPS, other than budget cuts are hurting "everyone", including USPS. And more to do with the unfortunate state of the economy. Any budget for USPS is fading.

I'm not a fan of political jabs. State the facts, nothing more. If "it" cut down Obama or the Clintons, I'd still make this post. It's uninventive, and boring. The author is looking for a hit, when people are already exhausted. Zzzz....

Personally, I've had no problems with either USPS or UPS. Innovations is the worst, perhaps we all agree?

There are quite a few games, specifically retro, that are showing up as in stock when you click on their page but not when you sort by available just in case any of you want to be idiots like me by continuously playing the GS lotto.

There are quite a few games, specifically retro, that are showing up as in stock when you click on their page but not when you sort by available just in case any of you want to be idiots like me by continuously playing the GS lotto.
Thanks for the heads up. Was able to get the last copies of .hack quarantine part 4 for $60 (after 40% with new game purchase). Seems they go loose for $170 on eBay. Paid the $3 for one year warranty because I assume they come refurbished/damaged.

Thanks for the heads up. Was able to get the last copies of .hack quarantine part 4 for $60 (after 40% with new game purchase). Seems they go loose for $170 on eBay. Paid the $3 for one year warranty because I assume they come refurbished/damaged.
What's the point of paying the warranty if they're the last copies if you dont mind me asking? Just in case I'm missing something. If they dont work would you even be able to get a replacement?

Just noticed my disc only copy of ‘Ghost Hunter’ on ps2 has some gummy/adhesive looking gunk on the disc art. My finger barely rubbed it and it rubbed off a part of the disc art! Haven’t gotten to test it yet, any idea if it affects playability?

Done playing the GS retro lottery, had a good run though. Good luck to anyone else still doing it

Just noticed my disc only copy of ‘Ghost Hunter’ on ps2 has some gummy/adhesive looking gunk on the disc art. My finger barely rubbed it and it rubbed off a part of the disc art! Haven’t gotten to test it yet, any idea if it affects playability?
Done playing the GS retro lottery, had a good run though. Good luck to anyone else still doing it
Shouldn't affect it I believe

What's the point of paying the warranty if they're the last copies if you dont mind me asking? Just in case I'm missing something. If they dont work would you even be able to get a replacement?
I guess I assumed if they didn't have any replacements (online as well) that I would be refunded, but that was probably a stupid assumption. If that doesn't turn out to be the case I believe I have 30 days to get a refund on the $3 warranty, even if I don't, it's $3.

I guess I assumed if they didn't have any replacements (online as well) that I would be refunded, but that was probably a stupid assumption. If that doesn't turn out to be the case I believe I have 30 days to get a refund on the $3 warranty, even if I don't, it's $3.
GameStop will refund you regardless, I returned $415 worth of NCAA 14 and got a refund on the spot

Looks like I'm picking up all 3 yoshi amiibos at my homestore sometime this week! Hope they bring poochi back someday... remember seeing one at Toyrus clearance and passing  :oldman:

It's quite ridiculous. I had 3 Xbox games that were "shipped" on June 20th. They're supposed to be delivered today
Is it actually being delivered? Like the tracking shows it was picked up? I've been waiting on one from July 3... I already have 1 open issue with them, I do not want to deal with another issue. Their CS is just fucking god awful.

6 for $10 pre-owned games $4.99 and under on GameStop DOTD http://bit.ly/33TkuzJ
and nothing's in stock :/
(I know inventory is still very screwed up) but it does allow you to do BOPIS for those stores with the 2+ copies or whatever the glitch is. If you can match around which stores have what you can definitely take advantage of some cheap games, though most of them will be generic and ones you've already played, it's good for getting backup copies

Is it actually being delivered? Like the tracking shows it was picked up? I've been waiting on one from July 3... I already have 1 open issue with them, I do not want to deal with another issue. Their CS is just fucking god awful.
My order actually just showed up out of the blue... wasn't even in my USPS informed delivery email. There's also two diff tracking numbers on here for whatever reason. Oh well, guess I should be happy I got my item.

Are GameStop's DOTD online only? Or could I go in search for a possible 6 for $10?

Recently surprised when I went to pick up an online order at my GameStop, they had some cheap PS3 games that didn't show available on their site, Kinda leaning to jumping on that deal in-store as the online section is mostly showing nothing in stock.

Are GameStop's DOTD online only? Or could I go in search for a possible 6 for $10?

Recently surprised when I went to pick up an online order at my GameStop, they had some cheap PS3 games that didn't show available on their site, Kinda leaning to jumping on that deal in-store as the online section is mostly showing nothing in stock.
Really? A quick check of their site will clearly show it says they're 'online only'

The DOTD are online only. Their current sale in store is Buy 3 Get 2 Free on games $19.99 and under.

Dotd can be bought online and picked up instore...if the stock count was accurate.

The problem is, most show oos for me for store pickup.

All my last few packages that have sourced out of Texas have had slips with no shipping fee shown and 50% discount + shipping taken off the base unit price. So no return fun allowed. 

On the bright side, they arrived via fedex 3 days after ordering! Love when you get an email from Fedex before Gamestop's shipping notification. 

I placed an order on 7/17, and it was mark shipped the following day, with a USPS tracking number provided. When using the tracking, it shows that USPS still has not received/retrieved the package from GameStop. Has this been happening to others? Thanks.

I placed an order on 7/17, and it was mark shipped the following day, with a USPS tracking number provided. When using the tracking, it shows that USPS still has not received/retrieved the package from GameStop. Has this been happening to others? Thanks.
Yep, mine took about 2 full weeks until it was delivered. The tracking was never updated until suddenly just showed delivered

This is normal. It'll probably just show up before it gets updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back