2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I placed an order on 7/17, and it was mark shipped the following day, with a USPS tracking number provided. When using the tracking, it shows that USPS still has not received/retrieved the package from GameStop. Has this been happening to others? Thanks.
This happened to me on my order that shipped on July 7th and it turns out that it was lost and they are sending a replacement. Highly unlikely this is the case for yours though.

Hey, Just asking, man. Appreciate the response.

Managed to surprisingly find 18 PS3 games available for store pick up that'd I'd might consider buying for $32.
Crazy that you found that many games in stock, I was only able to find 3 games total.

$1.67 is pretty unbeatable, if they're not all sports titles. I went through my collection a few years back and weeded out around 15 PS3 sports titles that I bought thinking they'd have easy trophies (they didn't) and ended up selling them on Facebook for $25. Almost not even worth it.

Mine just showed up complete, I'm glad I decided to go for it.
Damn, nice. Tempted to order another just to see if I can get the inserts, but I'm just happy I got the case on my first try.

Picked up around 24 under $5 from the sale and over half of them came in cases. All seemingly in very good condition too. I've seen them hide tons of 360 cases in the drawers when they go to pull games out when usually buying them, so I figured I'd have a good shot. Most stores I've seen have a full row or so of early Assassins Creeds cases all in very good condition, so I had to grab some backup copies for those as well. 24 games for $40 is pretty unbeatable.

My order actually just showed up out of the blue... wasn't even in my USPS informed delivery email. There's also two diff tracking numbers on here for whatever reason. Oh well, guess I should be happy I got my item.
I had a copy of worms Armageddon get delivered that didn't even have the game on the box a couple weeks ago.

Fyi, pay for the faster shipping if you don't want to wait, in getting things next day with that, otherwise they sit in carrier pickup hell

Whenever I've gone in stores lately, when I check out the PS3 section, I'd say, 15% of the games are in original cases and artwork. Though that seems high. It's actually really depressing to see them now.

Whenever I've gone in stores lately, when I check out the PS3 section, I'd say, 15% of the games are in original cases and artwork. Though that seems high. It's actually really depressing to see them now.
It's even worse online in my experience. And the quality of the discs is getting pretty awful. Blu-rays are such a pain in the ass to resurface too.

The last time I was in store, I'd say less than 5% of the PS3/360 games had cases. I always found this fascinating people continue to lose or toss the cases/manuals to their games. It was one thing during the PS1/2 days, when CD binders were everywhere but starting with the PS3/360 era, I would have figured people would begin to take better care of their stuff.

I can understand it for Nintendo games, handheld or otherwise, since lot of those users are kids who are careless... but for PS3/360, I'd think most people would keep their cases/manuals.

Thank the video game gods! Got my recent order today and none of the cases were cracked/unable to close.

Next, none of the pre-owned games were in generic cases/disc only cd sleeves. 

Best part was even one of them was sealed.  That's never happened to me before on a used title.

Things are finally looking up for me.  May my blessing, be repeated for all.

Crazy that you found that many games in stock, I was only able to find 3 games total.

$1.67 is pretty unbeatable, if they're not all sports titles. I went through my collection a few years back and weeded out around 15 PS3 sports titles that I bought thinking they'd have easy trophies (they didn't) and ended up selling them on Facebook for $25. Almost not even worth it.
Shit is wild to me too. Honestly was prepared to receive a refund email, claiming they don't have half or any of those games, hah. Here's the 18 games I got for $32. Picked it up & got 16 discs sleeves and 2 in their original cases. Sucks, but considering the price, It's whatever.

9zfJ83b.png

The last time I was in store, I'd say less than 5% of the PS3/360 games had cases. I always found this fascinating people continue to lose or toss the cases/manuals to their games. It was one thing during the PS1/2 days, when CD binders were everywhere but starting with the PS3/360 era, I would have figured people would begin to take better care of their stuff.

I can understand it for Nintendo games, handheld or otherwise, since lot of those users are kids who are careless... but for PS3/360, I'd think most people would keep their cases/manuals.
You'd think that, but no, I guess more toss out cases and books than we think.

Clearly, 360/PS3 games are out. I haven't gone to a GS this year and don't plan to, but even late last year, most around me had reduced 360/PS3 games to one side of a rack with everything $9.99 or less ln sleeves only.

Shit is wild to me too. Honestly was prepared to receive a refund email, claiming they don't have half or any of those games, hah. Here's the 18 games I got for $32. Picked it up & got 16 discs sleeves and 2 in their original cases. Sucks, but considering the price, It's whatever.

9zfJ83b.png
I will admit, there seems to be a big difference in 360 vs. PS3 availability in terms of cases. Like I said, there seem to be a ton of 360 cases in my area, but not for the high value games. It's the opposite for PS3, as I see high value games with cases but not lower ones.

Regardless, picked up about 60 games from 5 or so different stores and 35-40 came with cases, mostly 360 though, and "popular" games. Great deal. Like I said, they hide most of their "good" cases in the drawers behind them, so don't be scared to buy a generic cased game/sleeved game if you ever see it in store.

I wandered into a local Gamestop today to get a $10 eShop card with my $5 off coupon...

The store's walls are so, so empty.

If you told me they were planning to clear everything out, I wouldn't be surprised.  It's POSSIBLE it's just low stock due to the past few months, but the employee told me they barely get anything in aside from preorders, and they haven't had controllers or systems for the past few months...

Did anyone notice that the app is giving a 20% boost to trade values?  I kind of want to test the waters and see if the stores will honor it, and boost those with the 20% GoT or Paper Mario promo...but doubt it would work.

Worst part is, I can't get the app to save trade values (hasn't been working for a loooong time) but I have had success in the past with them honoring the app values, they just have to manually adjust it.

Is it actually being delivered? Like the tracking shows it was picked up? I've been waiting on one from July 3... I already have 1 open issue with them, I do not want to deal with another issue. Their CS is just fucking god awful.
It was actually delivered. It changed from "accepted" to "out for delivery" the day it was delivered.

I have an order from three weeks ago that has been "awaiting carrier pickup" for three weeks, makes no sense
Mine said it was "accepted" for a month before it was delivered yesterday,

Did anyone notice that the app is giving a 20% boost to trade values? I kind of want to test the waters and see if the stores will honor it, and boost those with the 20% GoT or Paper Mario promo...but doubt it would work.

Worst part is, I can't get the app to save trade values (hasn't been working for a loooong time) but I have had success in the past with them honoring the app values, they just have to manually adjust it.
I don't know what you're seeing in your app. It hasn't changed for me. Were you Elite in the past?

Has there been a weekend trade bump recently or is it basically only the games listed in the ad now?
No there's been nothing of the like.

Are any of top TIV games ($35 guaranteed) be stacked with the 20% boost towards GoT or Paper Mario?
Yes they should stack with the 20% boost towards those two games. They have in the past, but someone else who has done it can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm planning on trading in Doom Eternal towards GoT...I should have done it when it was trade base $30 (it's now $25).

I actually see that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3), which has held a value of .01 cents for months now has a base of $2. I wonder of that means last gen trades are going to open up again.

Still waiting on the Last of Us Pro PS4 to ship. Almost 30 days later. They got around to cancelling the initial UPS that was never picked up though.

I actually see that Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (PS3), which has held a value of .01 cents for months now has a base of $2. I wonder of that means last gen trades are going to open up again.
More titles for all systems are being added back to the tradable category. I've seen the number of searchable games go up twice this week along with some of the games in my saved trades list coming back from 0.01.

Is GameStop doing trade ins? I‘d kind of feel like a jerk for going in to do one but my son wants that Paper Mario game and wants to trade in some of his Switch games.

[quote name="Ando" post="14307965" timestamp="1595447055"]

Is GameStop doing trade ins? I‘d kind of feel like a jerk for going in to do one but my son wants that Paper Mario game and wants to trade in some of his Switch games.[/quot

Yes, they do limit the amount of people in the store though

Got my very first "new" game in only a CD sleeve.  No case.

On the plus side, UPS delivered it within 3 days of the order.  Two thumbs up to UPS, Two thumbs down to GameStop.

I guess all the quality employees at GS were fired for not meeting unrealistic expectations (GPG. PRP, etc)  :(

Yup, probably should've never looked inside the cases of the games from the 6 for $10. Out of 72 games I picked up, I'll be returning 45 of them. Some of them were so scratched and fucked up beyond belief in other ways that it baffles me how they get to that point in the first place. For those who skipped out, you probably won this time.

Looks like free shipping is back too regardless of $ spent (at least if you do the B1G1). The "deals" going on now while not bad, aren't as good as past ones not only with steeper discounts but also pro rating stuff and doing it by game which makes it much easier to return/exchange.

Be really careful with ordering PS3 games through the website now. It seems like almost everything coming from the warehouses is damaged. GS gives absolutely no shits at all anymore.

Yup, probably should've never looked inside the cases of the games from the 6 for $10. Out of 72 games I picked up, I'll be returning 45 of them. Some of them were so scratched and fucked up beyond belief in other ways that it baffles me how they get to that point in the first place. For those who skipped out, you probably won this time.
I am getting the impression that older stock is becoming defective returns cycled through over and over. Been burned a few times and just avoid it now. In the long run, I figure paying a premium for a good copy on ebay or grabbing a digital copy on sale is probably a better value at those lower price points or garbage filler I end up getting to make the deal work. The swaps and returns just aren't worth the legwork at the $5 price point for me, especially with store stock just being garbage locally.

I did stumble on a nice copy of Assassin's Creed (first one for 360) the other day and did the B2G2 with some low end Disney DS games.

I wish they would just sell games cases for the shelf. I don't really care about the disc condition. I wouldn't mind a few more PS3 games displayed on the shelf. 

I guess I could just print them out, but that would require a good printer (too cheap for that!)

Anyone plan on going in-store today? Can they see if the B3G2 is $20 or $30 in store? Online says it's in-store as well, but ad says $20 so who knows.

Anyone plan on going in-store today? Can they see if the B3G2 is $20 or $30 in store? Online says it's in-store as well, but ad says $20 so who knows.
I am about to run out after the Xbox Games Show Case is over and will be right next to a Gamestop, already planned on stopping in while I am out and will let you know if the B3G2 is $20 or $30. I'd guess it'll be $20, but worth checking could be potential for some great flips.

UPDATE:

I went in and immediately out of Gamestop. For some reason there were two women with like 8 kids in the store and those kids were running rampant. I had to get out.

I am in store right now and tried it with 5 $29 copies of Doom VFR and it did not work.

Does not appear to work on the website either for $29 games

Website is still showing "Online and In-Store" for me. I'm guessing there might be a limit on copies of the same game? I was able to successfully load the deal in my cart through the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back