2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
When was MES 3 on sale for $15??? That's a great deal! Had to be a glitch lol. I paid $40 for mine with no regrets but $15 is wild.
During the last 50% off (I think two weeks ago(?) Maybe it was last week) but I saw they switched the used from 54.99 to 14.99 whatever that Wednesday was, so combined with the 50% off I at least had to jump on it for flips sake. Is it good? I know the supercross games are very hit or miss, but if this ones good I'll keep my xbox copy, which is my preferred system anyways, and just trade in my ps4 copy.

I’d love to take part in the stealth bump if I could find a copy of ghost, is GameStop buying way less physical copies now? They used to have dozens of big new release games in stock.
There’s this pandemic thing going on. Most stores are only getting enough copies to cover preorders.

There’s this pandemic thing going on. Most stores are only getting enough copies to cover preorders.
If you’re saying Sony can’t produce enough copies to supply retailers, that makes sense. But if GameStop is only buying enough of a huge blockbuster release for preorders, then they’re dumber than I thought.

If you’re saying Sony can’t produce enough copies to supply retailers, that makes sense. But if GameStop is only buying enough of a huge blockbuster release for preorders, then they’re dumber than I thought.
I'm 99.9% sure its production. Almost every store I go into now has a new TLOU2 copy on the shelf and probably have quite a few more in the back. I think it's a widely known issue Sony is having trouble with production of their products, as they are even worrying about the PS5 not meeting production standards.

I seem to remember the bumps lasting through Monday..am I wrong about that?
They *should*. Its why I wouldn't trade anything in until Sunday after the new ad, but they have dropped values randomly before on Saturdays.

Called again about my missing AC New Horizons and Ys VIII order from June 24th... they never sent my replacement. Status was suck in investigating and waiting for me to return the items that UPS shows was never delivered.

Like, Jesus... come on.

Then the guy says a replacement order was created and I would get my items by next week, even though Ys VIII is sold out. Guessing I'm gonna get AC only and be screwed out of the $33 or whatever I paid for Ys VIII.
Doubtful you would get a complete copy anyways. I returned a bunch of these because they were cart only and they sell too slowly in that condition. You should probably just dispute with your CC company.

People talk about how if gamestop goes away, there will be nobody left to act as a national used game reseller, or dedicated stand alone chain to sell new games. But the thing is, that would only be the case because gamestop bought out all thier competition so that they would be the only place left for people to choose from, so that they could do their abusive tactics to employees and customers.

But if they do go away, i can't help but feel like somebody else will come in and take thier place, even if it's not on such a national scale, or happening right away.

And frankly, gamestop is really just a toy store that sells some video games now, anyways, and I'm sick of seeing them destroy current and retro games because they hire morons who don't know what they are doing and tell them to throw away cases, ect. Personally, i feel like the sooner they are out of business, the better it is for all of us game collectors in the long run.
I find gamestop is the only retailer nowadays that you can buy retro games in bulk for super cheap (during the 40-50% off or equivalent sales). That is their only use to me.

I find gamestop is the only retailer nowadays that you can buy retro games in bulk for super cheap (during the 40-50% off or equivalent sales). That is their only use to me.
I just got a nice retro shipment myself and everything came is great condition. (all cartridges - i don't care to collect discs). Even popped in a few of the gameboy games and they worked!

I'll still a loyal GS customer till the end!

During the last 50% off (I think two weeks ago(?) Maybe it was last week) but I saw they switched the used from 54.99 to 14.99 whatever that Wednesday was, so combined with the 50% off I at least had to jump on it for flips sake. Is it good? I know the supercross games are very hit or miss, but if this ones good I'll keep my xbox copy, which is my preferred system anyways, and just trade in my ps4 copy.
Yeah, I like it alot. I'm late to the Supercross games (didn't play 1 or 2 when they came out). I played the first one on a PS NOW trial and thought it was great. Then Part 3 dropped a few months later and I grabbed it for $40 on an amazon sale. I had already enjoyed a few other Milestone games (Ride 3, Gravel, MXGP 2019) so I took the plunge. Lots of replay value as it has a decent career mode, above average level of customization for bikes, an off-road playground mode, lots of tracks, 2-stroke dlc, great physics (totally surpasses other motorsport games like the current gen MX vs ATV series), dedicated servers for online play and you can download other people's custom tracks.

Some of the other Milestone games I mentioned come off like budget titles, but not this one. A steal for $20 or less.

To anyone who missed out on ordering Ys VIII on the switch online : you’re not missing out. Their last copy was cart only in a battered case

My 2nd copy of ncaa 14 arrived. Disc looked resurfaced. Game works fine till the loading screen starts then freezes. I got one more copy on the way

Yeah, I like it alot. I'm late to the Supercross games (didn't play 1 or 2 when they came out). I played the first one on a PS NOW trial and thought it was great. Then Part 3 dropped a few months later and I grabbed it for $40 on an amazon sale. I had already enjoyed a few other Milestone games (Ride 3, Gravel, MXGP 2019) so I took the plunge. Lots of replay value as it has a decent career mode, above average level of customization for bikes, an off-road playground mode, lots of tracks, 2-stroke dlc, great physics (totally surpasses other motorsport games like the current gen MX vs ATV series), dedicated servers for online play and you can download other people's custom tracks.

Some of the other Milestone games I mentioned come off like budget titles, but not this one. A steal for $20 or less.
Thanks for the description! I'll definitely hold onto my XB copy. I know they're completely different, but Gravel is my favorite track racer this gen, so I'll definitely check out something that's similar to it.

To anyone who missed out on ordering Ys VIII on the switch online : you’re not missing out. Their last copy was cart only in a battered case
Glad I checked out the copy that was recently traded in at the store near me. Asked if it got traded in with everything and low and behold, it did! Paid full price for it when I already had a copy just with the case only from the B1G50% sale and thought about returning that one with the full price receipt, but I'll probably keep both hearing how its becoming "rare" to find even the case.

Really good values on mario galaxy, twilight princess wii, mario sonic olympic games and winter games wii, mario kart ds and black ops ii 360...
Are they taking Wii games? Thought it was only current gen and 3ds, but if it has a value they must be, right? Got sent a shitty copy of ZTP for wii and forgot to return/exchange it. Might just trade it in.

My 2nd copy of ncaa 14 arrived. Disc looked resurfaced. Game works fine till the loading screen starts then freezes. I got one more copy on the way
Yeah my copy wouldn't even load - got an error occurred. Did have better luck with Ys Lacrimosa Switch - got the case & map, but no cards.

I don't know if luck has to do with it, but all of my multiple orders of used games over the past months have arrived quickly and like new....including unused dlc codes. No issues yet....time to buy a lottery ticket I guess, lol.

NCAA orders

a61e78909ab392de9dab4703218cbf61.jpg

9ff4ca0fb5c0f91ca665d514001bfa82.jpg

The PS3 ones don't work, how does it get scratches like this on a Blu Ray disc? I can see through the disc... Even the bottom has scratches, I thought Blu Ray were scratch proof?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This one came in just a sleeve with no case.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Doubtful you would get a complete copy anyways. I returned a bunch of these because they were cart only and they sell too slowly in that condition. You should probably just dispute with your CC company.
I know my odds of getting a complete copy are low to non-existent, trust me. Complete or not, it's something I paid for and it should be fulfilled. I would have opened a dispute with my credit card company expect I paid for the order with a giftcard so I'm pretty sure I'm SOL.

I know my odds of getting a complete copy are low to non-existent, trust me. Complete or not, it's something I paid for and it should be fulfilled. I would have opened a dispute with my credit card company expect I paid for the order with a giftcard so I'm pretty sure I'm SOL.
I stopped buying online from GS with gift cards. It's harder to figure out if they actually refunded you if you use it again after you order unless you write everything down. I thinks sometimes they issue you a new gift card but at this point I would never risk it.

Nice stealth bump, I've been trying to sell my switch and just gonna trade in quite a few games now, gonna get rid of few PS4 as well, Might as well. Kinda nervous getting a $400+ trade credit though. Hopefully we can preorder next gen soon!

NCAA orders

a61e78909ab392de9dab4703218cbf61.jpg

9ff4ca0fb5c0f91ca665d514001bfa82.jpg

The PS3 ones don't work, how does it get scratches like this on a Blu Ray disc? I can see through the disc... Even the bottom has scratches, I thought Blu Ray were scratch proof?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This one came in just a sleeve with no case.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg
Blurays are NOT scratch proof, just harder to scratch than dvds.

That said, it takes effort to scratch up blurays that badly.

I stopped buying used from GS some time ago. Even the occasional new buy has had a problem. Recently bought a new game - came in a slip. Not a pricey one so I don't care and I don't want to deal with their horrible customer service.

Actually it makes sense. Gamestop gets more money out of preowned sales than new games and with their tradein bonus for the game in normal conditions they would be able to get stock and resell them for a profit.

It's out of stock and print on all platforms. And never dropped below I want to say 30-35$.
I remember buying four copies of it at best buy for $16 a year or so after it came out on Switch. It really skyrocketed after it went OOP. And I assume it's still available digitally though, isn't it? Albeit at a high price on Switch store last I checked.

Stealth bump already ended
Holy shit is that weird and disappointing! I kind of knew I should have traded yesterday. This is the shortest lasting stealth bump weekend ever. I didn’t get the email either. [attachment=34364:265E5ACC-A844-4590-97C8-69A918696C2D.jpeg]

Dang, I definitely would have traded at least 3-4 games yesterday if I knew that it was the only day. On the other hand, I haven’t beaten any of those games yet, so I guess this is a sign that I should hang on to them for now. Sorry to the person I told that bumps usually last the weekend. ☹️

Wow I don't ever remember that happening before lol. Talk about a head level Curveball that takes a last second dive at the knees for strike 3.

Oh wow, the bump is already over, man I could have gone in yesterday too but didn't, Wanted to finished Ghosts so I waited. Oh well

Here's hoping that was just a test bump, and next time it'll be rolled out with the usual e-mails. At least we know some last gen candidates to likely appear next bump

Strange, loaded up $50+ worth of pre owned games after discount in the app, and no free shipping. I had to buy the games through online chrome, for the free shipping which is up to $45, when it was $35, just a day or two ago.

App cart is weird, I had some random stuff added from a few weeks ago's ad and the old price was still reflected in the cart and allowed me to checkout, but once you add something new to the cart all the prices get updated  :shock:

GS re added many games with trade in values for older systems that they previously removed and the values are decent. Not as good as the bump but still good enough. I also went to the store today and noticed they are stocked up on CIB used Switch games. So it looks like they got tons of trade ins from the high values.

What are the chances of CIB Wii and Wii U games? Looking at doing the B3G2 before it ends tonight.

Anyone know what next week’s ad looks like?

What are the chances of CIB Wii and Wii U games? Looking at doing the B3G2 before it ends tonight.

Anyone know what next week’s ad looks like?
I've had some pretty decent luck with Wii games doing BOPIS. Not sure if that changes with online shipping orders though, but these were mostly very cheap games. If you're buying $15+ Wii games on the site I'd say you have a 10% chance for a case, less than 1% for CIB.

Ugh, dammit!

I had a few games with me when I was near a Gamestop yesterday but decided to hold off so I could go back today with more games from home to take advantage of the 30% bonus for trading towards Paper Mario. :cry:
Maybe they pulled it early because they’re starting a 50 percent bonus in tomorrow’s ad. I mean I doubt it, but ya never know.

Maybe they pulled it early because they’re starting a 50 percent bonus in tomorrow’s ad. I mean I doubt it, but ya never know.
I seen tomorrow’s ad

It’s trash. No 50% bonus. Paper Mario and Ghost bonus still running. 20% off last gen controllers and accessories

GameStop is trash

I've had some pretty decent luck with Wii games doing BOPIS. Not sure if that changes with online shipping orders though, but these were mostly very cheap games. If you're buying $15+ Wii games on the site I'd say you have a 10% chance for a case, less than 1% for CIB.
Yea, I have a few lower-traffic GS in my region that have apparently have the time to sort their game cases and had a lot of original art + manual games on display that I've done the BOPIS to get complete versions of some older RPGs I wanted for my shelf. (Xenoblade Wii + Wii U, Zelda Skyward, etc). Sometimes I'd buy a CIB game just for the manual / art and then return it in at a diff store because the game disc was borked... win/semi-win!

KfTpLPy.png

As far as Wii/U games from the warehouse I usually use for flipping, feel like it's been more ~20% original case, ~5% with manual. I stick with mostly first party stuff so maybe that helps?

I remember buying four copies of it at best buy for $16 a year or so after it came out on Switch. It really skyrocketed after it went OOP. And I assume it's still available digitally though, isn't it? Albeit at a high price on Switch store last I checked.
If you got it for 16 that would be one of those rare ymmv things where that particular best buy just wanted to dump them. It never went low and that's why I never picked it up until recently after getting it for 50% off during that buy 1 get 1 sale back in june.

Digitally yeah you can likely purchase through the various stores psn, steam, gmg, eshop and so forth for 30-35$ or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back