2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone interested in a bunch of pristine empty cases for the cost of shipping? Since I don’t trade/flip too much anymore, I’m clearing out a bunch of stuff and have these empty cases, ranging from Switch to Vita to Xbox (please see photo: https://i.imgur.com/tl9689J_d.jpg). They fit into a USPS large flat rate box, and I’d be happy to send to a CAGer for $25 Amazon GC. I’m hoping to offload by tomorrow, so please let me know if you’re interested, thanks. Otherwise, I’ll just drop off to my local GS that I have a relationship with, so no big deal.

I'm going to need to see some proof of people supporting their families, buying houses, paying bills, etc. off of flipping thrift store stuff otherwise that's just a larp. Not to mention if you're educated and have a professional job that pays six figures or more, has benefits and health insurance you will need a resume. Let's theoretically say someone actually does make a living off flipping but then gets cancer one day. He is going to go bankrupt from medical bills and lose everything. That is why flipping is not a real job. Someone with a resume, professional job, etc. will have health insurance to pay those bills. Not to mention if you have a family and kids it is very irresponsible to have them not covered by insurance because what if they get sick?And no, I don't consider wannabe actors or soundcloud rappers being real jobs, either.
You can get private insurance. I know you are joking at this point.

Just letting you know, even though you clearly don't care and have no morals, you look like a major goofball walking up with 15+ locked copies of clearanced games at Walmart/Target every week. The target and walmart employees are probably laughing under their masks at you. That should be a sign. I'm sure you haven't played a video game in years.

Resellers are less respectable than people with no jobs that collect unemployment or homeless people, as none of three have a positive impact other than making people spend more money than they need to or should have. But hey, as long as you make a few bucks a game and have no shame, right? They
And yet all my bills are paid, I have no debt, can support my family, don't have to work everyday / when I please and regularly pay for my own insurance cause I can afford to. Could be worst :D/

Anyone interested in a bunch of pristine empty cases for the cost of shipping? Since I don’t trade/flip too much anymore, I’m clearing out a bunch of stuff and have these empty cases, ranging from Switch to Vita to Xbox (please see photo: https://i.imgur.com/tl9689J_d.jpg). They fit into a USPS large flat rate box, and I’d be happy to send to a CAGer for $25 Amazon GC. I’m hoping to offload by tomorrow, so please let me know if you’re interested, thanks. Otherwise, I’ll just drop off to my local GS that I have a relationship with, so no big deal.
My good sir / maddam, that is one incredibly blurry thumbnail image. Nobody will every know the artwork you might have. Unless that was the intention, in which case, excuse me.

My good sir / maddam, that is one incredibly blurry thumbnail image. Nobody will every know the artwork you might have. Unless that was the intention, in which case, excuse me.
Better?

OO4PB5R.png

Messing, yeah, we don't know what you got my dude.

My hang up is that even once I receive it, I’d have no way to know if it was fake really, the box and materials. There are even repro carts and discs out there too, so even if it worked in the system, that may not mean much for its authenticity. The few trade shows I have been to, I enjoyed them for what they were, and don’t mean this as a personal insult to anyone, but wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of vendors were unknowingly, knowingly or actively involved in selling fakes. Just that thought is enough to mostly keep me from buying, I get the impression the market is already flooded with fakes, even though that’s not based in much reality or hands on experience. Just common sense, if there is money to be made in it and fraud is easy, it’s going to happen, and probably already has been for 10 years plus at this point...Or maybe that’s just my justification to avoid paying the inflated prices.
Gotcha. In that case it is more a matter of knowing how to spot a repro yourself. Just as you comment, some sellers on Ebay might not even know they are selling a repro if they weren't the first owner etc.

You can get private insurance. I know you are joking at this point.
You said that you only made $13,000 flipping during the entire pandemic. If that's all you made gross all of these months then that's not enough to pay for private health insurance. If you knew about private health insurance you would understand that it's extremely expensive.

And yet all my bills are paid, I have no debt, can support my family, don't have to work everyday / when I please and regularly pay for my own insurance cause I can afford to. Could be worst :D/
Can you please provide proof? If not I would consider all of this a larp.

And that case guy above demonstrates my point exactly. Resellers take games from one store to another and even do things like keep cases so that the next customer at GS is now missing a case. And then they have the nerve to complain when they get games in generic boxes or sleeves. Well, if you have thousands of flippers purposely keeping boxes so they can make $2 profit per case on eBay then that hurts the average person buying a game at GS. So now they have to spend more per game or they're forced to buy the case and manuals separately.

You said that you only made $13,000 flipping during the entire pandemic. If that's all you made gross all of these months then that's not enough to pay for private health insurance. If you knew about private health insurance you would understand that it's extremely expensive.
Are you trolling? Private insurance varies per person but it isn't that expensive depending on what you get for yourself / family. I barely pay more than $200 for my family for dental, health and eye care. This varies by state and person (such as age, credit, policy, etc.) but it really isn't that hard to pay for these things on your own.

You're too dependent on your job if you think otherwise.

Can you please provide proof? If not I would consider all of this a larp.

And that case guy above demonstrates my point exactly. Resellers take games from one store to another and even do things like keep cases so that the next customer at GS is now missing a case. And then they have the nerve to complain when they get games in generic boxes or sleeves. Well, if you have thousands of flippers purposely keeping boxes so they can make $2 profit per case on eBay then that hurts the average person buying a game at GS. So now they have to spend more per game or they're forced to buy the case and manuals separately.
No and you can think whatever you want. I'm sure you missed out on some game and are now scorn because of it, but I can't help you with that. Continue doing you though.

Are you trolling? Private insurance varies per person but it isn't that expensive depending on what you get for yourself / family. I barely pay more than $200 for my family for dental, health and eye care. This varies by state and person (such as age, credit, policy, etc.) but it really isn't that hard to pay for these things on your own.

You're too dependent on your job if you think otherwise.
Show me proof. What insurance company? What insurance plan? Show me your gross amounts and proof you even have a family.

Also reminds me of Youtubers like Camelot who don't work a real job and once people get bored of hearing him say every store online sucks then what is he going to do?

Like I said, I've yet to see any proof of any thrift store flipper make a real living and support a family. Lots of larpers claiming online they do, but I haven't seen a single bit of proof which should be easy if it's so common for flippers to be making so much money doing it and being able to somehow afford private insurance for their entire family when they've made only $13,000 for almost half a year of "work".

Show me proof. What insurance company? What insurance plan? Show me your gross amounts and proof you even have a family.

Also reminds me of Youtubers like Camelot who don't work a real job and once people get bored of hearing him say every store online sucks then what is he going to do?
Nah. Think what you want though. You don't pay my bills but your trolling does give me a good laugh.

I geuss 3rd time is a charm. Received my 3rd copy of ncaa football 14 ps3 and it finally worked. Im so happy i found a working copy. Picked it up during the 40% off sale. The disc looks in great condition and plays well

Like I said, I've yet to see any proof of any thrift store flipper make a real living and support a family. Lots of larpers claiming online they do, but I haven't seen a single bit of proof which should be easy if it's so common for flippers to be making so much money doing it and being able to somehow afford private insurance for their entire family when they've made only $13,000 for almost half a year of "work".
I can provide proof when I get home of anything you need. Again I run a company reselling is a side thing. You say "only" $13,000 but going by how many people lost jobs and house's I do pretty damn amazing. I don't know where you work but if you can't afford private insurance you need that resume.

And be honest what do you do for a living? Have you made $13,000 this year yet and if I provide proof of my income on all sides will you?

Private healthcare is largely dependent on age.  When you are in your 20's it's super cheap, seriously.  By the time you get to your 50's (if GOD likes you),  it will be 4X-5X the monthly charge of a 20-something year old.  60's+ only get worse.  MedicAid is very popular.

Debating health insurance costs is moot, unless you know the age group you're arguing against / arguing for.

When I was in my 20's, I opted out of my employers plan, because it was cheaper for me to pay for Blue Cross / Blue Shield, out of pocket.  I miss those days.

Back on topic though, some thrifters make a living reselling.  It's not just all roses though -- they MUST get up and out to stores early to get deals, 7 days a week.  I'm not sure where this "work when you want to" idea started floating around.  It's not that at all.  Knowledge is important, and you'd need to be able to resell anything, even outside your comfort zone.  Luck is involved too.

Man lots of new people making the ignore list today. I have my preferences set at 100 posts per page and I think I can now see about half of the posts on this page. Nicely done everyone.

So GS related...I renewed my pro in store today with points. To get the physical magazine I had to pay $5, she said using points was not an option for that? Also, it gave me a $5 renewal bonus, that expires 7/31. I used it for XB currency. No totally convinced she know what she was doing but also not sure GS knows...

Mine expires at the end of the month. They have given me zero incentive to renew, and I'm kind of surpassed that anyone would renew at this point considering the dearth of games and high price and terrible condition of the ones they do have. Unless you want the toys they sell, anyways...

Just a small bit of info that you wouldn't know unless you resell a lot and have a business license but you can order mass quantities from Gamestop as a business despite their limits. I can go to Gamestop.com and order 100 copies of a game if I wanted because of my credentials. I don't know if that guy used bots but they could have easily just ordered from Gamestop that amount without much trouble.

Gamestop, well any store, doesn't really care if you buy a lot of a product. They love fast easy sales and the more you buy the better for them.
The twitter guy's posts show that he makes multiple orders with 2 copies per order. Gamestop limits all games to either 2 or 3 copies per order. Not sure if your business license can circumvent that, but anyone can order 100 copies of a game if they split into multiple orders, business license or not.

Mine expires at the end of the month. They have given me zero incentive to renew, and I'm kind of surpassed that anyone would renew at this point considering the dearth of games and high price and terrible condition of the ones they do have. Unless you want the toys they sell, anyways...
I doubt I would have shelled out $15/20 cash for it, but it was points I don't use and usually convert the certs to XB currency so worth it to me for now. If I had to use the certs on their merchandise, it would kill the deal. I kind of wonder when they are going to kill the digital currency option...

It's a beermoney savings type thing. If you like to play/collect games (which apparently is a rare occurrence in this thread) then it's a no brainer to pay $15 or $20 for essentially $60 spending money with a $45/$40 savings, and that's without including the trade in bonus. It also helps when the system is horribly made so I was able to use the $5 coupon online in the first week of July, then was allowed to get another $5 off in store yesterday.

*Imagine you go to your child's class for career day*

"Hey Billy's dad, what do you do for a living?"

"I, uh, resell video games."

"What's that mean?"

"It means I spend more time in targets and walmarts than I do with my family."

"Oh, um, that's really cool! What a hero!"

The twitter guy's posts show that he makes multiple orders with 2 copies per order. Gamestop limits all games to either 2 or 3 copies per order. Not sure if your business license can circumvent that, but anyone can order 100 copies of a game if they split into multiple orders, business license or not.
Yeah the limit for normal buyers was canned with the website change. It used to be where if there was a limit, then you had to wait 30 days to order more.

Yes, you could do either. I can do that but the few times I need a lot of an item, I contact Gamestop corporate and request x amount. But yeah, anyone can do multiple orders. I still do if the timing is better to do so.

On another note, I got $150 in points but have no idea what to do with it. Probably going to use it to on my PS5 pre-order. Going to be a pain unless I can use multiple $50 certs in different transactions towards the pre-order.

I cannot recall who posted their email request for Elite membership refund, but thank you for doing so. 

I finally cashed out my points and sent the request.

As an aside, 7/31/19 is the last day to get a refund for your Elite membership. 

I've been fairly lucky lately. Out of all 8 games Ive order in the last month, all got her within 2 days and most with original case

Good refunds are good.

I cannot recall who posted their email request for Elite membership refund, but thank you for doing so.

I finally cashed out my points and sent the request.

As an aside, 7/31/19 is the last day to get a refund for your Elite membership.
The last day to get a refund is Wednesday? Just checking.

Guessing the warehouse retro never gets restocked... ? I have 2 GSs near me that have retro in glass cases, and I already raided them of stuff I wanted.

Side note - where is a good place to buy replacement PlayStation double clear/black jewel cases?
Cases wise I've found amazon ware house deals to be the best for getting them for old games that sells for pennies/1$ range I picked up a few ps1 and ps2 titles just for the cases. It was weird getting so many collectors editions of aerosmith guitar hero or whatever complete and sealed.

All I did was remove the _d from the URL, which linked from the thumbnail to the original image.

Please don't believe CSI lol.
Ahhh, it was originally just showing a stretched thumbnail, I get it now, that makes sense. Thanks. I thought that seemed too good for anything I was aware of. They are making huge improvements in this though, the ps1 FF games with AI image enhancement arn’t perfect but have come a long ways. I’ve never watched CSI but I like NTSF:SD:SUV :)

But hey, a quick way to at least disspell any fears is to look at the Nintendo seal of quality, with a bright light. Nintendo used foil, not ink for their seal .. so if you tilt around the seal you should see it turn from gold / yellow / BLACK, at different angles. A Fake Box will be gold at all angles, unless it's, again, a 3rd party, unlicensed, or late release. I miss NintendoAge.
The Nintendo Age community is still alive, it's now at https://www.videogamesage.com/

Got two fake worms Armageddon in, one cart didn't even have a rom chip on the board it had been clipped off, another was actually wcw nwo inside

Better?

https://i.imgur.com/OO4PB5R.png[/img

Messing, yeah, we don't know what you got my dude.

[/QUOTE]
Whoops, didn’t realize it was displaying like this. Using mobile, so it’s a little off for me. Here’s a better link: [URL="https://imgur.com/a/hdQqChn"]https://imgur.com/a/hdQqChn[/URL]

Opportunity now to save 50% on $29.99 and under preowned games if you spend $100+, so you can actually trigger the savings with four games if they average $25 each.

Guessing the warehouse retro never gets restocked... ? I have 2 GSs near me that have retro in glass cases, and I already raided them of stuff I wanted.

Side note - where is a good place to buy replacement PlayStation double clear/black jewel cases?
GS sells retro games in store? o_O That's a new one for me. Would like to go to one just to check it out. Then again, I never step foot inside a GS other than to do returns :lol:

My hang up is that even once I receive it, I’d have no way to know if it was fake really, the box and materials. There are even repro carts and discs out there too, so even if it worked in the system, that may not mean much for its authenticity. The few trade shows I have been to, I enjoyed them for what they were, and don’t mean this as a personal insult to anyone, but wouldn’t be surprised if the majority of vendors were unknowingly, knowingly or actively involved in selling fakes. Just that thought is enough to mostly keep me from buying, I get the impression the market is already flooded with fakes, even though that’s not based in much reality or hands on experience. Just common sense, if there is money to be made in it and fraud is easy, it’s going to happen, and probably already has been for 10 years plus at this point...Or maybe that’s just my justification to avoid paying the inflated prices.
They are pretty easy to tell tbh... fakes are still pretty bad even in 2020. Some common techniques have been posted but all else fails, you can google image search for authentic carts/boxes/etc. There are high quality images for pretty much anything that has value. Fake carts are rampant but if you open them up their circuit board will look like a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back