2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their innovations shipping has taken a month for me on a few different orders. Recently received a July 6th order. Just have to wait.

On the positive side, my Nioh 2 shipped from the warehouse via Fedex yesterday, so maybe they're realizing it is a terrible choice.
I was thinking the same thing yesterday, 2 shipments from my order shipped via UPS, unfortunately just got the email for the rest of my order (3 out of 6 games) and they shipped USPS. might get here in time for the bump if i am lucky.

Received my $14 copies of Doom Eternal already. Will probably keep one for the PS5 update patch and trade the rest towards Avengers.

For online orders, is the return window from the date they ship it or from when you receive it? I got my replacement orders- but only got AC New Horizons (paid full price for it) and got a giftcard for the discounted game (YS VIII, since it's OOS now), which is not worth it since I'm basically paying full price for AC in this case. Would rather just return it.
I've had employees go by the ship and receipt day. It's really dumb.

Just received my order. This was by far the fastest delivery yet. And obviously since this is gamestop some of the game cases have cracks amd pieces broken off from them but I expect that now from them.

Is there any way to preorder for in store, without going in a store? I thought there was but... not seeing it on the website. 

Anyone notice Gamestop is starting to make online returns more difficult?

Just bought a game for $44.99, but when the game arrived the return slip marked the game at $40, and took the $4.99 off as a handling fee, lol.

Anyone notice Gamestop is starting to make online returns more difficult?

Just bought a game for $44.99, but when the game arrived the return slip marked the game at $40, and took the $4.99 off as a handling fee, lol.
Yeah, probably not intentional, but another GS screwup you now have to factor in. They're now spreading out the $5 "free shipping" charge taken in equal portions out of each item in the order.

Anyway some stores understand and will work with you. Thankfully this is true of my home store that I give +surveys. It's just completely ymmv what kind of instore return experience you receive. Another nearby store with new management told me they would only take an online return within 7 days of the packing slip date. The order itself took 4 weeks to arrive. :roll: I just avoid that store now and give them no business.

..It's still better than dealing with their CS phone line. :wall:

Heh finally got responses to some of my customer service emails from... June. At least their response action was immediate! (points refund +  replacement shipment via Fedex)

Also... finally bought one of the YOU WANT THIS BOX ... #29! Kids are into bakugan, yewgiyoe, and being a Zelda-fan decided to bite. I find unopened toys on the shelf motivate kids during this painful learn-from-home marathon. Plus I could always use some nerd socks that rip after one use. 

LyOWJfb.png

Dangit, I'd buy Shining Resonance Refrain in a heartbeat for that price, however I really don't wanna pay the $4 shipping since the $5 PUR won't apply to it (nobody around me has it). Bummer.

Just received my order. This was by far the fastest delivery yet. And obviously since this is gamestop some of the game cases have cracks amd pieces broken off from them but I expect that now from them.
Great...mine is out for delivery (4 of 5 games) so I'll report back my experience. I think once I've gotten a cracked case, but it was a generic case.

Heh finally got responses to some of my customer service emails from... June. At least their response action was immediate! (points refund + replacement shipment via Fedex)

Also... finally bought one of the YOU WANT THIS BOX ... #29! Kids are into bakugan, yewgiyoe, and being a Zelda-fan decided to bite. I find unopened toys on the shelf motivate kids during this painful learn-from-home marathon. Plus I could always use some nerd socks that rip after one use.
LyOWJfb.png
That's a nice box. That Yu-Gi-Oh deck isn't even for sale on the GS website. If your kids like Yu-Gi-Oh, check out the Speed Duel decks. Each set comes with 2 decks of 30 cards instead of one 45-card deck, so it's a cheap way to play. You can use your $5 monthly coupon to get it for half off.

Ugh, they're starting to put those silver ring stickers on PS4 & XB1 games now.  Ordered Nitroplus Blasterz(PS4) and We Happy Few(XB1) and both have them on the discs.   So now I have to decide on taking them back or not.  But have to go anyway, as I ordered Forza Motorsport 4(360) and they sent an Essentials Edition instead(1 disc instead of 2 discs and missing a ton of cars).  So got to find a store to swap that out.

Out of the 5 games I ordered(1 PS4, 1 XB1, 1 360 & 2 PS3), only 1 PS3 game didn't have a ring sticker on it(Motorstorm Apocalypse).  Only 2 of them had their original cases.  Hoping this isn't the norm for stores, as this order came from a store in MS, not the warehouse in TX.

4 out of my 5 games came today (very fast shipping, i might add)...all of them came in the original case and the discs were in pretty good shape.

That's a nice box. That Yu-Gi-Oh deck isn't even for sale on the GS website. If your kids like Yu-Gi-Oh, check out the Speed Duel decks. Each set comes with 2 decks of 30 cards instead of one 45-card deck, so it's a cheap way to play. You can use your $5 monthly coupon to get it for half off.
My kids haven’t quite gotten to the “playing” part of these themed cards, just the shiny collecting part.

Also realized any certs that lowered their box’s price also negated the free shipping so decided to just use all certs to pay for it (since they don’t work with most promos anymore... so $10 from last weeks promo, $5 monthly, $5 + $15 certs) - all stacked. Then just bought some more stock from the 50% off sale! (Seems like switch stock for popular games on the webpage is pulling directly from store trade ins now? been seeing quite a few “1 left” for delivery)

Is there any way to preorder for in store, without going in a store? I thought there was but... not seeing it on the website.
I think that went away after the site redesign. I remember doing that accidentally once and it said to go to the store to add a deposit in so many days otherwise it would cancel. August 2019 is when I did it.

you can't use the $5 monthly on deal of the day? I really wanted Judgment :bomb:

What do people even use their coupons on? (For closed stores)
You can't use the $5 monthly voucher on online orders. In-store only. If your store is closed then you're out of luck.

I use the $5 off on $10 PSN and eShop cards.

You can't use the $5 monthly voucher on online orders. In-store only. If your store is closed then you're out of luck.
$5 monthly are able to be used online. You just can't use them on any item that qualify for any type of promo/discount. In the past we'd be able to combine the DOTD with the current active promo. ie - you'd be able to use FFXII Zodiac age in the 50% off $100 promo to get it down to $9.99.

You can confirm by adding coupon + any *NEW* in-stock game to cart. Make sure you paste the code correctly.

It also doesn't disappear from active offers after using it online.... so :beer:

I use the $5 off on $10 PSN and eShop cards.
This was true before Rona but it has worked with online orders since April. But it essentially has to be a full price item, and if it’s under $35 it is basically just free shipping.

4 out of my 5 games came today (very fast shipping, i might add)...all of them came in the original case and the discs were in pretty good shape.
all 5 of my games came including Days Gone, Spiderman, Nier Automata, Dreams, and Death Stranding. ALL ORIGINAL CASES. thank goodness.. only the spiderman had a weird powdery substance that I just wiped off with a bleach wipe.

Seems like my PS3 controller has finally died after 9 years. Should I pick one up at GameStop or somewhere else. I'm looking for a genuine one

This was true before Rona but it has worked with online orders since April. But it essentially has to be a full price item, and if it’s under $35 it is basically just free shipping.
It does work on weekly sale items. I used it on NSMBUD when it was on sale for $40

It does work on weekly sale items. I used it on NSMBUD when it was on sale for $40
Good point. That’s why I put “essentially,” because I figured there may be some items, but it typically won’t stack with DotD or with the Buy X Get X flash sales we’ve been having lately. Either way, the coupons are currently working online for certain orders.

Seems like my PS3 controller has finally died after 9 years. Should I pick one up at GameStop or somewhere else. I'm looking for a genuine one
What died on it?

If the battery, replacements widely available (at least when I got one on Amazon a few months back), easy to replace and can extend the usable life of your controller.

I had no idea this was possible... This is a game changer.
Yeah I was going to stockpile DS3 controllers since I still have my PS3 backlog. I got a new controller from a new ps3 slim and the controller had issues in the first year. Then I remembered reading that DS4 works so I didn't need to get more DS3 controllers

I’m pretty sure they just disabled sale games from the buy $100+ save 50% sale. I had Doom Eternal and Medievil in my cart and now they are not showing the 50% off.

Anyone get a "For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience." when trying to look up your order history? I can look up specific orders fine, its just less convenient. 

Before I call CS, I figured I'd check here...I pre-ordered Doom Eternal and MLB 2020 before COVID and never picked either up. DOOM finally dropped off my "released preorders" list but MLB is still there. So there is no record of my DOOM preorder (outside of a receipt buried in my office somewhere which I'm currently still barred from due to COVID).

Has this happened to others? Will I have to call customer service or will the store see something different in their system?

Before I call CS, I figured I'd check here...I pre-ordered Doom Eternal and MLB 2020 before COVID and never picked either up. DOOM finally dropped off my "released preorders" list but MLB is still there. So there is no record of my DOOM preorder (outside of a receipt buried in my office somewhere which I'm currently still barred from due to COVID).

Has this happened to others? Will I have to call customer service or will the store see something different in their system?
The store will still show you have a pre-order that was never picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back