2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'm quite pleased with my pre-owned order. Received original boxes for Nioh 2, Dreams, Death Stranding, Days Gone, and Fifa 19. Some had inserts and the stickers came off without leaving residue! Only The Surge, Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection (Switch), and Dragon's Dogma (Switch) came in generic cases. Stellar overall getting the deal of the day discounts + 50% off $100!

Ordered the DotD Pokemon card box and Shining Refrain Switch yesterday and was shocked to see it came today. I was not shocked that GameStop once again screwed up, got this instead of Refrain:

[attachment=34408:DC0D9F05-5DBC-4C22-9555-1F731C01000A.jpeg]

That seems like the kind of sterling logic GameStop’s fulfillment department would use :) . The one bright side is it’s actually a great game and provided it works properly easily worth the $12.99

Welp, guess I'm not placing an order. I really shouldn't be surprised at them changing terms in the middle of a sale.

Welp, guess I'm not placing an order. I really shouldn't be surprised at them changing terms in the middle of a sale.
Man I knew this was going to happen so I pulled the trigger the other day. GS has been known to pull these kinds of tricks recently during these flash sales...

Man I knew this was going to happen so I pulled the trigger the other day. GS has been known to pull these kinds of tricks recently during these flash sales...
Yeah I really should have known better and placed my order yesterday. On top of them changing the sale, one of the games I really wanted isn't available anymore. Note for future reference: Gamestop will 180 a sale at any time.

Just wait until the day after the sale and anything not available suddenly comes back in stock. That always sucks. Lol

When you buy a game, make sure to register it.  I've make my mistakes.  If you lose the game, you may possibly be able to recover it.

Dotd bogo on wii games. It's a nice deal, just sucks that none of them seem to have stock online and I haven't seen a wii game in an actual gamestop in years

Of course it did...my Doom’s are coming in today...ugh

Now debating trading them in, at least not losing anything, or waiting to see if it goes back up...
I would wait. It has had $30 base on more than one occasion lately and there are likely to be $5 bonuses for PS4/XB1 sooner than later. Even if it had stayed at 20, I don’t know that it would have been worth trading yet.

Of course it did...my Doom’s are coming in today...ugh

Now debating trading them in, at least not losing anything, or waiting to see if it goes back up...
To add to what the poster below you said the game is also on sale for $30 currently so I think it will reach back to at least $20 base for the next stealth bump when it isn’t on sale.

Is this deal available in stores? I know most if not all other dotd sales are online only.
Sorry I meant the website only allowed you to buy wii games for in store pick up only, atleast at the time I was looking.

I ordered RE2, Doom Eternal, Nioh 2, Death Stranding, Borderlands 3, Borderlands 1 remastered, and Control (before they announced that the original edition wouldn't have the PS5 upgrade) with the 50% off promo. All of them came today in complete and nearly new condition.

Yea, Wii B1G1 still doesn't seem active from the looks of the cart. 

Any Pro-Day previews out yet? I surprisingly don't get any spam from GS. Few of my early-week orders scheduled to arrive today as well, might flip back for meager gains if there is anything worth picking up in-store. 

Admittedly I don’t normally check discs as soon as I get them, but I’m glad I tested this one in my Wii U. The disc looked fine but ended up throwing an error. Once I put it under a light, I saw this. This came as part of the 50% off $100+ and reflects the sale price on the receipt, so hopefully I can get a replacement somehow.

[attachment=34437:71DE2635-2194-46B1-AC99-F4B3B1EAB9A3.jpeg]

All of my local stores don't even check the date anymore, half the time they don't do the correct procedure to input a online order return and just hand you cash even if you used trade card.
Do you just provide them the order number, or are you taking the packing receipt in? I have some pre-owned stuff from June, possibly even as far back as May that I need to return (since the games are substantially cheaper now with sales).

Got my YOU WANT THIS BOX #29 just now - it all comes in one box in undented / shrinkwrapped condition. Pretty happy with the box. All the prices for each item are listed at the discount value so you could theoretically return parts of the box for a few bucks, but I'm not going to go that far :beer:
Do you just provide them the order number, or are you taking the packing receipt in? I have some pre-owned stuff from June, possibly even as far back as May that I need to return (since the games are substantially cheaper now with sales).
Depends on how good / by-the-book associate you have inputting your return. Sometimes they look closely at the order number, bring out their policy handbook and put the return in exactly as described referencing the online order number etc. Others you can just flash an order placed email from your phone showing the game + price and they'll process you a default refund on the spot. Once you've returned enough games you'll know which stores / associates to use O:)

I always bring in the invoice provided per package with a screenshot of the online order email and delivered date (ups site usually) if needed to argue price / shipping / timing / etc. With the COVID stuff and shipping delays I haven't had to argue anything with a return at all. Just being polite and wearing a mask goes a long way these days.

Some ProDay links that were added. I'm not sure how accurate they are, or even what the deal is (a bunch are 50% off according to the email). The mentioned date is wrong, but they were added earlier on the 10th, and it does mention Pro Day. (data entry error?).

proday810
prodaymadden810
prodaystorage810

Some for next week:

fallsalehead816
weeklyad816

The GS email promoting Pro Day mentioned 50% off select games (likely new; GS new). 10% extra bonus towards trades - I wouldn't be surprised if TIV dropped. Can the 10% stack with the $5 Switch promo?

Never-the-less, in the ProDay games list, it mentions Two Point Hospital, as example, but the game is sold out, preowned and new - unless they found a secret stash to be released.

Keep expectations low. You'll never be disappointed!

[oh yeah there is another PoP! sale .. horray.]
Why do I feel like the 10% trade bonus is the regular 10% and they're just advertising to non pro members.

Wow.... $24.20 for Mario Kart Wii & Mario Party 8 Trade-in, I would do the trade....  Only thing is I have 2 wheels to sell with it.

There was a 4th page with $9 shorts and 3 for $11 on pops along with some keyboard being $40 but I didn't get a chance to snap the picture

Why do I feel like the 10% trade bonus is the regular 10% and they're just advertising to non pro members.
Because you remembered what I forgot. We got screwed out of the 10% bonus last time. The 10% is just a friendly reminder of already existing benefits.

Good call. :bow:

There was a 4th page with $9 shorts and 3 for $11 on pops along with some keyboard being $40 but I didn't get a chance to snap the picture
Thanks for posting, I think I'll grab wonderful 101 for switch and use my $5 monthly coupon. It's $33 on Amazon right now and almost bought it earlier today. Nothing else jumping out at me.

Looks like you missed their next post
ec91762's post's attached images not showing up on some browsers. Mobile browsers seem to be fine. (screen shot below:)

rB4ATLT.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back