2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't see it either, until it got re-posted.

Looks like the same games in my earlier pro-day list, less some notables, like Two Point Hospital.  /sigh

Another disaster Pro Day sale.  The 50% off was better, with many of those games already converted to pre-owned.  For half price preowned value, I'll let someone take the shrink wrap off for me.

edit:

It should be noted that a chunk of those prices look like older sales, up to, and including, last week.  lame.

Mario+Sonic Olympics going for what it sells for on EBay is a non-starter.  Other games, similar situation.  But they're on sale!  I promise you EBay has a better return policy.  For the same pricetag.

So if a game doesnt come up in the search for trade in values it has no value? Seems weird that some games show up for PS4 (i.e. NHL 19, Madden 19, Red Dead GOTY) and not for XB1. 

So if a game doesnt come up in the search for trade in values it has no value? Seems weird that some games show up for PS4 (i.e. NHL 19, Madden 19, Red Dead GOTY) and not for XB1.
Search for it in the main search bar (at the top of the screen, like you want to buy it). When you find the game, select it, then scroll down, click "Tradeable".

It's very likely going to show a TIV of $0.01, which means you can't trade it. GS doesn't want it. It's junk to them.

For your games though, they are worth something. Their value is:

NHL 19 PS4 - $2

Madden 19 PS4 - $1

RDR2 PS4- $17

edit (OT):

If "see trade value" or "tradeable" is missing, then GS already removed it from their system, and there is no place-holder left for them to ever accept it again. It's gone. In some circumstances for rare games they add it back (years down the road), but for the majority of games, it likely will never come back. It's a dud.

The best deal in the Pro sale is signing up or renewing for Pro and getting 10k points, making the membership only $5. That's a pretty good deal since you can just use the monthly coupons on digital currency, but you'd have to go in-store every month. If the 10k points were given for signing or renewing online, it would still be worth it since the monthly coupons would be de facto free shipping coupons.

The best deal in the Pro sale is signing up or renewing for Pro and getting 10k points, making the membership only $5. That's a pretty good deal since you can just use the monthly coupons on digital currency, but you'd have to go in-store every month. If the 10k points were given for signing or renewing online, it would still be worth it since the monthly coupons would be de facto free shipping coupons.
I wonder if you can use 15,000 points to renew and still qualify for the 10k?

lol :)

ive been using my pro certs on 10 buck psn codes since the program started

are the guys at my gamestop cool or is this commonly accepted? i always assumed it was the kind of thing a karenesque clerk would say "you cant do that" even if its allowed at POS. because completely different people have all been fine with it so far, which surprises me since i figured the point of the new pro system was to barely be useful.

ive been weening off of GS since my flipageddon trade cards have been spent at this point and elite pro is dead, so if im out of the loop and should delete this post just tell me.

How long does it take for the reward coupons to show up? Like if I am standing in a store and want to buy something, can I redeem on my phone and use it right then?

How long does it take for the reward coupons to show up? Like if I am standing in a store and want to buy something, can I redeem on my phone and use it right then?
They usually appear in active offers immediately after redeeming the points. Just be aware that the app is almost always "sold out" of certs. Need to redeem through browser.

Off topic a bit, but holy crap I just got an email from customer service with an issue I emailed them about APRIL 5TH. I know some of you got some late emails too, but geez. I'm more impressed than anything at this point.

Has anyone who has unsubscribed from weekly marketing emails ever been able to resubscribe?  I unsubbed a few years ago, since then I've tried everything (even calling the support line) and can't get emails turned back on.

It may have already been mentioned, but apparently they changed the rules slightly with what games are eligible for the 50% off. I don't think they had intended for stuff like Doom Eternal or Nioh 2 to be included, but they were, at least the other day. I mean, I got Nioh 2 for $9. Nine dollars! Wish I'd gone ahead and grabbed a few more, but what I got was probably enough in hindsight. Definitely a great sale - too bad most of the retro stuff is gone.

I'll renew my Pro since you get 10,000 points and it will help my local store. Other than that, I probably won't get anything.

Lol knowing GameStop we’ll get neither. Already bought UFC 4 since it’s $5 off buying online. Had it preordered in store but no reason not to save $5.

Decent pro day all things considered, but that probably speaks more to how bad they've been in recent times more than anything. XD

Obligatory,

DiTqIho.jpg

I'm confused...

I logged in, and saw the giant "BUY $100 in PRE-OWNED GAMES ($29.99 and below),GET 50% OFF" banner...

I added $120 in preowned games that were $29.99 and below to my cart.

I don't see a discount.

Is the promo over, or does this not include any games in the "Pro" sale?

2 of my games that I got from the 50% off don't work. What's the return policy for this promo because I don't want to exchange it for other titles since I don't see anything I like. Do I get the amount that's listed on the packing list?

2 of my games that I got from the 50% off don't work. What's the return policy for this promo because I don't want to exchange it for other titles since I don't see anything I like. Do I get the amount that's listed on the packing list?
When I return to store they always give me the amount on the packing slip.

FYI...any games I have ordered recently that had issues, I have used the website contact us option to send an email and they have been sending me replacements. Usually takes some time though.

If anyone knows a way to actually get the advertised $5 off $60 online, please share. Doesn't actually work on several carts I've tried.

Edit: Apparently nothing from any of the pro discounts can be in your cart for the 5/60 to apply to any item, even to items not part of a pro day sale. No cag16. I'm guessing certs won't apply as well. Brilliant web design right here.

Yes, they go by what's on packing list.

Gamestop sales are always a good time. They seem to have "the list" of games that go on sale... and always for the same price. I miss seeing The Borderlands collection showing up every sale for 3 years, but I guess the GOTY of the first one has usurped its slot.

What are the 5 off 60 exclusions. Is it pro day games on sell. I have doom eternal and mortal kombat aftermath and the 5 off online is not applying. 

Does anyone recall the values for Assassin’s Creed III and AC Rebel Collection for Switch during the recent stealth bumps? I’m trying to decide if $12.15 with the current $5 bonus is a good value.

I wish Gamestop would go back to opening at 10am. Having to wait until 12pm here in Texas is torture because it gets to 98 degrees (feels like temperature) by then.

I wish Gamestop would go back to opening at 10am. Having to wait until 12pm here in Texas is torture because it gets to 98 degrees (feels like temperature) by then.
Thanks for pointing that I was in a hurray to get there by 10 and just checked and they don’t open till 12 here in Pittsburgh also. So used to going after work never thought to check till now.

Looks like Amazon matched Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe. Missed out a few months ago when Best Buy was selling it this cheap. Time to sell the vanilla copy and get a nice upgrade

I'm confused...

I logged in, and saw the giant "BUY $100 in PRE-OWNED GAMES ($29.99 and below),GET 50% OFF" banner...

I added $120 in preowned games that were $29.99 and below to my cart.

I don't see a discount.

Is the promo over, or does this not include any games in the "Pro" sale?
If the games are part of any other sale, they wont count toward the 50% off.

If anyone knows a way to actually get the advertised $5 off $60 online, please share. Doesn't actually work on several carts I've tried.
Edit: Apparently nothing from any of the pro discounts can be in your cart for the 5/60 to apply to any item, even to items not part of a pro day sale. No cag16. I'm guessing certs won't apply as well. Brilliant web design right here.

Yes, they go by what's on packing list.
Im telling you, their website is honestly the worst I’ve ever used for a “major” retailer. The UI is terrible. We all know about clicking “Load more” but even little things such as their auto suggest search is broken. They constantly have sales where you have to buy below a certain price point and their filters never allow you to filter to JUST those items. The app is somewhat better, but even then you can only scroll so much through games before, for some stupid reason, it starts reloading the same games over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back