2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone recall the values for Assassin’s Creed III and AC Rebel Collection for Switch during the recent stealth bumps? I’m trying to decide if $12.15 with the current $5 bonus is a good value.
It could go back up due to the fact it’s on sale currently so I would hold off a little.

I wish Gamestop would go back to opening at 10am. Having to wait until 12pm here in Texas is torture because it gets to 98 degrees (feels like temperature) by then.
It would have been better to be open from 10-6 instead of 12-8. But that’s GameStop for you.

I wish Gamestop would go back to opening at 10am. Having to wait until 12pm here in Texas is torture because it gets to 98 degrees (feels like temperature) by then.
LOL Holy shit, I thought I was the only one wishing this... I mean, I'm IL and temps aren't as bad, but I hate going out after 11 AM. I like going out early in the AM when things are nice and quiet. I miss the days when I could go into GS and browse for an hr without any other customers there and the employee who was prob too tired/hung-over to give a shit about asking me if I needed help.

Just traded some stuff in did not get and extra 10% for being Pro just the base 10% extra but was able to get 20% more for a total of 30% since I traded in towards Avengers.

Also $5 off monthly coupon would not work towards the $9 t-shirt sale.

It could go back up due to the fact it’s on sale currently so I would hold off a little.
Right, but that’s what I’m asking. I don’t know if it was above $12 before or if this is the best it gets. But I’m not really interested in anything else from this Pro Day, so it looks like I will, indeed, just wait.

ive been using my pro certs on 10 buck psn codes since the program started

are the guys at my gamestop cool or is this commonly accepted? i always assumed it was the kind of thing a karenesque clerk would say "you cant do that" even if its allowed at POS. because completely different people have all been fine with it so far, which surprises me since i figured the point of the new pro system was to barely be useful.

ive been weening off of GS since my flipageddon trade cards have been spent at this point and elite pro is dead, so if im out of the loop and should delete this post just tell me.
I think GS made a deal recently that they finally get some revenue from cards, so they shouldn't mind as much.

Lol knowing GameStop we’ll get neither. Already bought UFC 4 since it’s $5 off buying online. Had it preordered in store but no reason not to save $5.
I've been looking at this game, but every store around me is sold out. Typical Gamestop, why assume I could buy an actual new release video game at one of their stores?

I traded in my switch games towards madden 21, got the $5 bump for each, and 10% Pro. Where was the extra 20% bump towards Madden 21 and 10% extra for pro day?? Did i get screwed? I paid off madden fully as well to take advantage of the $10 certificate in my active offers

To be fair, they won't show as having any in-stock if there is less than 2 copies. I just had it shipped because I couldn't get it at my local store. Had to add the .99 cent hot wheels to get the discount.

I traded in my switch games towards madden 21, got the $5 bump for each, and 10% Pro. Where was the extra 20% bump towards Madden 21 and 10% extra for pro day?? Did i get screwed? I paid off madden fully as well to take advantage of the $10 certificate in my active offers
nope, you got gamestopped. the extra 10% is just the regular 10% pros get every day, and the $5 bump doesnt stack with the bump towards preorders. The pos should give you the best value automatically, and a game would have to trade in for more than $25 to be better than the extra $5.

Promos don't stack. You got the $5 bump per Switch game instead of the 20% bonus.

You are only allowed one promo and that was the $5 extra

In store now. Pros do not get an additional 10% extra. Just the standard 10%. Tried on a bunch of games.
Back when they started Pro Day sales, the employee would have to scan a special code on a piece of paper, to get the extra 10% bonus trade. I'm not sure if they are still suppose to do that because I have not traded in games during a Pro Day sale in a long time.

Im telling you, their website is honestly the worst I’ve ever used for a “major” retailer. The UI is terrible. We all know about clicking “Load more” but even little things such as their auto suggest search is broken. They constantly have sales where you have to buy below a certain price point and their filters never allow you to filter to JUST those items. The app is somewhat better, but even then you can only scroll so much through games before, for some stupid reason, it starts reloading the same games over and over.
Neither of those are even issues, as there's an easy work around. You have to do a teensy amount of leg work, but it takes less time than what it took you to write out your post complaining about it here.

Does gamestop shadow ban? Lately all of my orders keep getting cancelled.
They can. Just found out 2 of my accounts were suspended by headquarters. Pretty sure it is related to the chargebacks I was forced to file. They left my original account (one that I hadn't used since last year because of login issues) active, so I can still place online orders.

Received some online order games this week from the 50% sale (XB1 & DS).

The 2 DS games were rated ec, came loose; one looked like a chew toy, the other had a name in sharpie on the back.

Ori WW was in gen black case
Halo MCC came cib but the case is beat to hell.
Fallout 76 cib but has a rental ring sticker
Wreckfest cib

I sent a request for replacements on a couple of these using the online contact us. I have been having really good luck with that even though it can be a while. I have been receiving replacements. I checked my CC history today and see a refund for a game that went oos for replacement as promised.

Anyone have any luck getting customer service to fix a 5 dollar coupon that never worked?

I bought one with accumulated points and it didn't work since I acquired it. I've been trying for a week, hoping that it gets activated somehow

The used games on sale will not count with the buy 2 get 1 free but if you go in store and be cool about it they will likely just make the cheapest one free for you.

Anyone have any luck getting customer service to fix a 5 dollar coupon that never worked?

I bought one with accumulated points and it didn't work since I acquired it. I've been trying for a week, hoping that it gets activated somehow
Yeah, they're pretty good about stuff like this in my experience. They'll probably just cancel it and refund your points, though.

I'm confused...

I logged in, and saw the giant "BUY $100 in PRE-OWNED GAMES ($29.99 and below),GET 50% OFF" banner...

I added $120 in preowned games that were $29.99 and below to my cart.

I don't see a discount.

Is the promo over, or does this not include any games in the "Pro" sale?
This is what I noted the other day. When I first ordered Nioh 2 as part of the sale, it counted, even when it was already discounted already. Same with Doom Eternal, although I didn't order that one. That changed the other day, and seems to indicate to me games that were already discounted were not intended to discount again. Try adding more games that are normally below $29.99, and you should see that discount kick in on those games at least. (I tested this as well.)

This is what I noted the other day. When I first ordered Nioh 2 as part of the sale, it counted, even when it was already discounted already. Same with Doom Eternal, although I didn't order that one. That changed the other day, and seems to indicate to me games that were already discounted were not intended to discount again. Try adding more games that are normally below $29.99, and you should see that discount kick in on those games at least. (I tested this as well.)
Also make sure the games are actually $29.99 and under - with the monthly $5 coupon in your cart, it'll show the discount on non-sale items even as you're browsing... I was gonna bite on Maneater (heh) because I thought it was $30, but it turns out pre-owned was still $35 and so ineligible for the 50% offer.

They can. Just found out 2 of my accounts were suspended by headquarters. Pretty sure it is related to the chargebacks I was forced to file. They left my original account (one that I hadn't used since last year because of login issues) active, so I can still place online orders.
Having worked high up for a major retailer most big companies have automated software that bans accounts associated with charge backs. The company I worked for didn't even have any notations left on the accounts as to why they were banned either. So customer service associates would legitimately be forced to just tell customers sorry you violated our terms of use or something similar if someone inquired as to why their account was gone.

Gave up on Gamestop CS a long time ago. For your own sanity, so should you.

I’ve been trying since March to get a certificate for in store changed to digital...finally gave up. Between that and not letting me get refunds on in store preorders I’m 100% done with GameStop forever.

Would rather go digital next gen and not bother with trading in games

Got some decent boomerangs out of the switch $5 TIV bump , dunno why people complain about GameStop’s trade ins. As long as you know how to game the system , you’ll always get a great value from them. Managed to snag AI somnium files LE with the trade in credit and have some left over

LEGO Jurassic - paid $9 earlier this week with 50% off, traded in for $17.10

Anybody renew their pro today for the extra (10k or 5K) points. Thinking about doing this...
I’m going to trade a couple a games to pay for the renewal and likely 5k points at a store I go to on occasion. I’m saving whatever credit is left to pre-order Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 for XB1 at my home store.

From my experience, along with others comments, if you want the 50% off $100 or more discount, you need to take the L on one game.

One game will not receive the 50% discount, but rather a $5 discount.  The others will be fine.  GS will pick the highest price game to award the $5 discount.  Just make them all the same value titles, and take the loss.

The gains are still good, although not as good as yesterday.

The sale will not work on discounted games, however.  They are already discounted (haha!!, GS says so).  The 50% off sale will only work on games without a stutpid-tastic price reduction, which isn't even close to 50% off. /sigh

Pro Day was rather miserable.  Better deals if they just never had it.

Many games got a price bump, refer to the old Most Wanted list and compare.  A healthy portion of those games were the ones bumped.

Do stores even have any used PS4 or XB1 controllers for this sale?  Went to 2 stores and called a 3rd one and none had any in stock.  Why advertise the sale when you know stores don't have any?

From my experience, along with others comments, if you want the 50% off $100 or more discount, you need to take the L on one game.

One game will not receive the 50% discount, but rather a $5 discount. The others will be fine. GS will pick the highest price game to award the $5 discount. Just make them all the same value titles, and take the loss.

The gains are still good, although not as good as yesterday.

The sale will not work on discounted games, however. They are already discounted (haha!!, GS says so). The 50% off sale will only work on games without a stutpid-tastic price reduction, which isn't even close to 50% off. /sigh

Pro Day was rather miserable. Better deals if they just never had it.

Many games got a price bump, refer to the old Most Wanted list and compare. A healthy portion of those games were the ones bumped.
The 50% of $100 games under $29.99 still work just check out as a guess. Some on sale game work like bomberman for Switch.

What is Promo #25106?

My receipt says:

Maneater PS4 (29.99) I used $10 reward from the spend $60 which was Promo #25044 on my receipt.

MLB 20 The Show says I only paid $14.99 and next to it says -15.00 Promo #25106.

I also renewed which says 0.00 next to it but $14.99 for digital gameinformer.

Also put $5 down on Pikman 3 Deluxe

Total came to $64.97 (used trade credit no tax) by my math the total should be $74.97

I had no other rewards on my account

Did the $10 in points for renewing come off my order, that's all I can think of. 

Anybody renew their pro today for the extra (10k or 5K) points. Thinking about doing this...
Yes, I used points and received $5 off code on my receipt that expires at the end of the month. I'm wondering if I'm going to get points in my account as well?

I tried to but turns out if you are still technically an "elite" member you no longer can re-up your membership, until it expires. So nothing I can do until Christmas this year.

as for the sale, I snagged a still sealed copy of Yakuza Remastered for $39.99, a 4 for $20 deal, and they had just gotten a loose copy of Pokemon Explorers of Sky in so I jumped pm that mfer at $29.99. What a steal.

Yes, I used points and received $5 off code on my receipt that expires at the end of the month. I'm wondering if I'm going to get points in my account as well?
Hmmm...sounds like it may be that we get the 5K shown online instead of the 10K shown on the flyer.

It’s been a while since I bought something “new” at GameStop. They had one copy left of MK steelbook and I was fine with it and after I’ve already paid, they stuck those round stickers on the damn slipcover. I really hope I can remove these stupid things without peeling off the slipcover art

Was also disappointed that you can’t use the monthly $5 on sale items like these cmon GameStop. More like lamestop

Guy at my store said I would get 10,000 points in 48 hours or so, he said with that and the $5 reward it's like a free renewal.

Grabbed Wonderful 101. I'm sure it'll be cheaper at some point but I also don't have as good of a finger on the pulse as I used to and don't know the size of the print run.

This was a solid pro day. I renewed pro membership and got the $5 off coupon at the bottom of my receipt. I picked up :ps4: gta v premium for $15 and used a $10 cert from spending $60 recently. I brought 2 sets of b2g1 :ps4: games without a hitch as the associate just made 2 games free. Also picked up 4 games for $30 deal.
Finally, I put down $150 towards an anime statue pre-order that I will promptly move over to a ps5 pre-order whenever they go live.[attachment=34460:408C77E1-029E-44C2-9F4F-8BB05BFE6B49.png]

Well I won’t be making it to any store today. The weather turned and it’s not worth getting caught in a downpour just to trade a couple of games and renew. Hopefully the values hold, if not, I’ll wait until the next trade bump happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back