2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
And since the app notifications seem to be a bit premonitional... seems like we might see the promo capped at 40% soon...

And yes... lame price hikes

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but I'm also seeing a "buy a new $29.99+ game get a pre-owned game 30% off" promo as well.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but I'm also seeing a "buy a new $29.99+ game get a pre-owned game 30% off" promo as well.
Maybe they'll up the percentage off in the next couple days. Ghost of Tsushima is in-stock used if anyone does want to take advantage of this.

Wow, I actually just found a Ghost of Tsushima Collector’s Edition in a store, the app and website said none had them anywhere near here. I think I got lucky.

80% of the website is OOS. Never seen anything like it. Almost every switch game under $30 is gone and even quite a few mainstream XB1 games are OOS too. If you search for games by the under 50% off $30 listing there were just under 2900 games available last night. Now there are just under 2200. Over 700 more games went OOS overnight.

I wonder what's going on.
They're clearly manipulating their stock during this sale. I added 5 games to my car last night over about 15 minutes, when I went to check out all of them switched to out of stock. GameStop does everything they can to prevent people from buying games lately.

they always come up short on your demands with a b1g30%. knowing them, it'll hit 50% by friday.

• some weekly sale games are no longer apart of the 50% deal, including fifa, breakpoint, rainbow six siege, wwe, gtav, bioshock (curiously, not the division 2)
  • some switch games have gone up in price 19.99>24.99, 24.99>27.99
  • trade values are still holding
Well, I might bite if it goes up to 40%. Got my eye on a few missing retro items for my collection.

Not sure what I'd get new.... I think last time everyone liked Tetris 99? That work out ok?

What the HECK is going on with Gamestop Power Up Rewards and Certificates?

I went to the reward center and purchased this with my points
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/reward-details/?sku=187663&categoryType=DigitalContent

It then asked if I wanted to view my coupon, nothing came up..

I eventually found I had something in my digital locker dated the same time that I redeemed my points for the coupon, but whenever I try to use it on any purchase I get
"Coupon cannot be added to your cart"

I've tried adding new games, used games, nothing works.

So I contacted Gamestop, they asked me to check my digital locker, I told them everything.. they refunded my points as a 1 time exception.

So I went and bought an in-store coupon, or so I thought.. and the same thing happened all over again with a digital locker coupon... dated for the new date I had redeemed my points.

So WTF is going?

They're clearly manipulating their stock during this sale. I added 5 games to my car last night over about 15 minutes, when I went to check out all of them switched to out of stock. GameStop does everything they can to prevent people from buying games lately.
Lately??

I would buy both Xcom and Bioshock collections if they were 29.99 used -- which doesn't seem unreasonable, given they are $32 elsewhere new right now.

Oh well -- 50% off would be nice.

What the HECK is going on with Gamestop Power Up Rewards and Certificates?

I went to the reward center and purchased this with my points
https://www.gamestop.com/poweruprewards/reward-details/?sku=187663&categoryType=DigitalContent

It then asked if I wanted to view my coupon, nothing came up..

I eventually found I had something in my digital locker dated the same time that I redeemed my points for the coupon, but whenever I try to use it on any purchase I get
"Coupon cannot be added to your cart"

I've tried adding new games, used games, nothing works.

So I contacted Gamestop, they asked me to check my digital locker, I told them everything.. they refunded my points as a 1 time exception.

So I went and bought an in-store coupon, or so I thought.. and the same thing happened all over again with a digital locker coupon... dated for the new date I had redeemed my points.

So WTF is going?
I am currently dealing with this exact issue. I redeemed 15k points for a $15 digital online certificate yesterday and the site would not accept the code when checking out to purchase a controller. I was refunded my points yesterday and they said I should try again. I redeemed the points for the same coupon and am again having this issue. The item I want is not available in the store, so that coupon wasn't an option for me. So frustrating. I don't know what I can do with my points now.

I can confirm double dipping still works for the $5 pur discount. Used it online early this month, and reused yesterday in store. You have to use it online first though. When you use it in store it will disappear.

I can confirm double dipping still works for the $5 pur discount. Used it online early this month, and reused yesterday in store. You have to use it online first though. When you use it in store it will disappear.
It will disappear from your active offers, but if you write the code down or just have it saved to your cart it will still be active until the end of the month :razz: also works on a variety of other promo certs :beer:

Weird that so many games have jumped up $5 in price.  While I can understand things like Pikmin 3(Wii U) going up, stuff like Forza Horizon 1(360 ) & 2(XB1) going up $5 is telling there is no reason as to what they're price hiking.  Really makes me think they're offsetting the monthly $5 reward in the price changes.

You'd also think that those games would get a little bump in TIV.  But nope, still the same lowball TIVs as usual.

I am currently dealing with this exact issue. I redeemed 15k points for a $15 digital online certificate yesterday and the site would not accept the code when checking out to purchase a controller. I was refunded my points yesterday and they said I should try again. I redeemed the points for the same coupon and am again having this issue. The item I want is not available in the store, so that coupon wasn't an option for me. So frustrating. I don't know what I can do with my points now.
Same thing here. I'm currently on hold to speak to a representative to try and get my points back. My coupon didn't work on ANYTHING.

Update: just got my points refunded. The rep seemed super confused as to why this was happening.

last day for the ps4 games on sale as well as rocket arena. sadly, they excluded the preowned again from the 50% off sale so I hope you got your orders in yesterday. 

Same thing here. I'm currently on hold to speak to a representative to try and get my points back. My coupon didn't work on ANYTHING.

Update: just got my points refunded. The rep seemed super confused as to why this was happening.
It has been going on since June. I havent been able to use my redeem certificates for online use on my account. i have another account and if i use the certificates from one account to the other one it will accept it. its so weird.

I had them refund my points a second time and this time the guy on the phone suggested that I go into a store and ask them to order the item that I wanted and ask the store which coupon I should use. I did that, the manager of the store tried to apply his coupon to the order and his worked. I then redeemed my points for the store version of the coupon as he suggested and when he entered my code, it did not work. That did not make sense to the manager, so he did some finagling and just forced it to take off that amount and placed the order for me. What an ordeal that was to redeem and use a $15 coupon. I had not run into an issue before.

It has been going on since June. I havent been able to use my redeem certificates for online use on my account. i have another account and if i use the certificates from one account to the other one it will accept it. its so weird.
Way before June. It's been happening for years.

I have 2 unusable $50 codes and missing 100k points, cause they said they would fix it when I talked with them for an hour and it isn't fixed.

Glad to know it's not just me!

Yeah, it's ridiculous since I just wanted to grab a few games (mostly retro)

When that didn't work I tried new...

Hell I even tried merch, and nothing worked.

It is astonishing how incompetent GameStop is. My coupon doesn't work, so I call them. After close to 15 mins of being online, the rep hangs up on me.
Haha

Very bizarre behavior for a big corporation

Supposedly they are in huge financial trouble.
Yeah. Their stock is a tenth of what it was five years ago. I think a lot of their loss is from gamers who switched to digital.

If it wasn't for going for older games, I would probably never shop with them except for Black Friday.

Looks like local video game prices have plummeted in my area. Was able to get a switch lite in good condition with a 128gb sand disk sd card, charger, and smash Bros. Traded SSBU for $38 today. Not bad at all especially with seeing everyone try to gouge people on switches for $50-$100 over retail.

Looks like local video game prices have plummeted in my area. Was able to get a switch lite in good condition with a 128gb sand disk sd card, charger, and smash Bros. Traded SSBU for $38 today. Not bad at all especially with seeing everyone try to gouge people on switches for $50-$100 over retail.
everyone is selling off their frivolous stimulus money purchases because they are broke again.

Guess it's already been mentioned, but trade-in values are listing the cash values again on the website for games so here's to hoping CSAC comes back soon!  :whistle2:  Finally beat Ghost of Tsushima, so it's time to return the slim amazon rented to me  :razz:

80% of the website is OOS. Never seen anything like it. Almost every switch game under $30 is gone and even quite a few mainstream XB1 games are OOS too. If you search for games by the under 50% off $30 listing there were just under 2900 games available last night. Now there are just under 2200. Over 700 more games went OOS overnight.

Stores were closed and got cleaned out from fulfilling web orders for 2+ months, and trades have gotta be way down. My local stores are pretty barren, so I'm not surprised the website has nowhere to pull from but games returned to the warehouse as defective.

I don't think they're purposely showing games as OOS to avoid selling them as part of the sale. If they didn't want certain titles at 50% off, they'd just be dicks and have them full price in cart like they do with sales games. They're not going to miss out on $30 from someone that isn't taking advantage of the deal. Then again, the site is a complete joke so it probably just broke itself.

Stores were closed and got cleaned out from fulfilling web orders for 2+ months, and trades have gotta be way down. My local stores are pretty barren, so I'm not surprised the website has nowhere to pull from but games returned to the warehouse as defective.

I don't think they're purposely showing games as OOS to avoid selling them as part of the sale. If they didn't want certain titles at 50% off, they'd just be dicks and have them full price in cart like they do with sales games. They're not going to miss out on $30 from someone that isn't taking advantage of the deal. Then again, the site is a complete joke so it probably just broke itself.
I was thinking they would see more activity with trade-ins once the cash values came back and that people will need money again. I was shocked they were able to do so many sales during the early months of COVID though.

It's called increasing liquidity so the company can pay already rich shareholders while laying off more minimum wage workers. Oh, and don't forget those fat bonuses to the ones doing the layoffs and closings.

What else were you expecting from an America run and reflected by Trump.

My guess is that there's lots of buying during the pandemic, and not so much selling. So it shouldn't be surprising their game stock is way down. And with sales like this, it moves a whole bunch more stock out as well. It is unfortunate, though, that pretty much all the retro stuff under $29.99 was gone or stuff I didn't need. I can't complain, though, as I'd already hit them up for quite a few games in prior sales.

As for stock prices, the digital game movement has been hitting them hard for a while now. Market realities. Unfortunately, I hate said market realities, because most digital storefronts use DRM, and you never actually "own" anything, just a license to play it. It's why, if I have a choice, I buy either physical or from GOG.

Imagine once covid ends and trades are back and Gamestop stock is flourishing meaning decreased prices as well as a dip in all video game prices...yeah right. If that happens though I'm going hard on collecting newish games again. It's actually getting hard to find these 3ds Pokemon games CIB in stores

Imagine once covid ends and trades are back and Gamestop stock is flourishing meaning decreased prices as well as a dip in all video game prices...yeah right. If that happens though I'm going hard on collecting newish games again. It's actually getting hard to find these 3ds Pokemon games CIB in stores
I hate to break it to you ... our chance to contain covid is long gone.

No miracle is coming, my friend. This virus will be killing many of us forever.

I hate to break it to you ... our chance to contain covid is long gone.

No miracle is coming, my friend. This virus will be killing many of us forever.
Forgive me if I decide not to take advice on medical issues from some jack wagon on a gaming deals forum who thinks corporate greed is a new thing in America in the last 3 years during the current president’s tenure.

Nobody cares about your cockamamie political views. Take it somewhere else. This is a video games deals forum.

Forgive me if I decide not to take advice on medical issues from some jack wagon on a gaming deals forum who thinks corporate greed is a new thing in America in the last 3 years during the current president’s tenure.

Nobody cares about your cockamamie political views. Take it somewhere else. This is a video games deals forum.
They aren’t wrong. Sorry you can’t understand that. Move along.

They aren’t wrong. Sorry you can’t understand that. Move along.
Even without a vaccine (which will almost certainly be available over the next 9-12 months), the common course of a virus like this is that over the next 5 years (probably closer to 3 years) this wouldn’t be any bigger deal than the common cold. That comes from repeated infections and herd immunity which will develop.

It will hardly “be killing many of us forever”, snowflake. But then again what do I know. It’s not like I’m an ID physician or anything.

Jesus Christ. I’m trying to explain virology 101 to a couple of guys that haven’t been outside their mother’s basement in years. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back