2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up about the Little Falls store but it was picked clean of most of the goodies this afternoon.
I got :xb1: Prey for $1, :ps4: Shadow war 50 c, and a few sports games. 16 games for $12.xx. Not too bad but don’t go out of your way. 31CBC26C-BF63-452B-806C-979B1CAAB34F.jpeg
Kinda sad I missed a copy of Prey and Shadow of War! Guess I didn't get the oddities in that pile. Did you recall what the new section had left when you went?

I do plan on going again at opening Monday when it hits 99% just to get some extra copies of whatever is left

I'd like to see a picture of your receipt(s). Just hang them from the 2nd floor balcony out onto the porch! :bouncy:
When I get a 2nd floor and a balcony, I gotchu 😉

New section? It was mostly old sports games and old cod games. They still had plenty of :360: :ps3: and :wii: games but I was more interested in current gen. I was lucky to get prey and shadow of war honestly. There is no Monday. Tomorrow, 8/23, is their last day of business. Honestly, I’m not going back. It’s not worth it at this point. I think you probably got most of the good stuff already.

New section? It was mostly old sports games and old cod games. They still had plenty of :360: :ps3: and :wii: games but I was more interested in current gen. I was lucky to get prey and shadow of war honestly. There is no Monday. Tomorrow, 8/23, is their last day of business. Honestly, I’m not going back. It’s not worth it at this point. I think you probably got most of the good stuff already.
Like sealed section. I guess when you went, that was all gone. It was the section to the left of the last gen Xbox games but was just packed with World of Warships and Anthem with single copies of others when I went Friday.

Wow, the planned final day was Monday but I guess the little amount is warranting one day less. Guess I'm going tomorrow then.

Update to what I got at the Little Falls clearance sale:

Original Cases:

360:
- Assassin's Creed (2x)
- Assassin's Creed 2 (2x)
- Assassin's Creed 3 (2x)
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (2x)
- Assassin's Creed Revelations
- Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY (2x)
- Bejeweled 3
- Bioshock
- Bioshock Infinite
- Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
- Borderlands GOTY (DLC Disc version)
- Borderlands 2 GOTY
- Cars 2
- Cars 3: Driven to Win
- Dead Island
- Dead Island Riptide
- Devil May Cry 4
- DiRT 2
- Don King Presents Prizefighter
- Dragon Age 2
- Fable 2
- Far Cry 3
- Fight Night Round 4
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Halo 3 ODST
- Halo Reach
- Harry Potter Deathly Hollows Part 1
- Hitman Absolution
- Injustice GOTY
- Kane & Lynch 2
- LEGO Batman
- LEGO Lord of the Rings
- Lost Planet 2
- Mass Effect
- Mass Effect 2
- Mass Effect 3
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
- Need for Speed The Run
- Quantum of Solice 007
- Saints Row
- Saints Row 2
- Saints Row The Third
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (2x)
- Splinter Cell Conviction
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- Warhammer 40K Space Marine
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (Kinect)

PS3:
- Batman Arkham Origins (2x)
- God of War 3
- Mercenaries 2 World in Flames

Black Replacement Cases:

X1:
- Borderlands GOTY
- Dragon Age Inquistion

WiiU:
- LEGO Jurassic World
- LEGO City Undercover

360:
- Army of Two
Z
- Assassin's Credd IV Black Flag
- Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
- Batman Arkham City
- Batman Arkham City GOTY
- Bourne Conspiracy
- COD World at War
- Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2
- Crackdown
- Crackdown 2
- Devil May Cry HD Collection
- Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
- Godfather 2
- Goldeneye Reloaded
- Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Halo Wars
- Iron Man 2
- LEGO Movie The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens
- Metro 2033
- Metro Last Light
- Naughty Bear Gold Edition
- Red Dead Redemption (3x)
- Shaun White Snowboarding (2x)
- Skate
- Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
- Splinter Cell Double Agent
- Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition (2x)
- Supremacy MMA
- Tekken 6
- Terraria
- Transformers War for Cybertron
- Transformers Dark of the Moon
- Transformers Devestation
- TMNT Mutants in Manhattan
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Walking Dead Season 1
- Zoo Tycoon

PS3:
- Assassin's Creed 2 (2x)
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Mass Effect 3 (CE Disc)
- Shadow of Mordor
- Tomb Raider
- Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Gutted Games (Sleeves):

360:
- Assassin's Creed 2
- Back to the Future The Game
- Bakugan Battle Brawlers
- Bioshock 2
- Bully Scholarship Edition
- Call of Duty 3
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- COD Modern Warfare 2
- COD Modern Warfare 3
- COD Black Ops 3
- Crackdown
- Crackdown 2
- The Crew
- Crysis 3
- Darkness
- Dead Rising
- Dead Rising 2
- Devil May Cry 4 (2x)
- Diablo 3
- Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition
- Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
- Dragon's Dogma
- Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD
- Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi
- Fable 3
- Far Cry 2
- Far Cry 4
- FIFA Street 3
- Final Fantasy XIII-2
- Forza Motorsport 2
- Forza Horizon
- Forza Horizon 2
- Greg Hasting's Paintball
- Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary
- Homefront
- Inversion
- Just Cause 2
- LEGO The Hobbit
- LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens (2x)
- LOST The Video Game
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance
- Metro Last Light
- Minecraft Story Mode
- MX vs ATV Alive
- MX vs ATV Reflex
- Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
- Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations (2x)
- NPPL Championship Paintball 2009
- PGR4
- Prototype
- Prototype 2
- PURE
- Rainbow Six Vegas
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2
- Red Dead Redemption GOTY (X1 ReRelease 2 Discs)
- Shadow of Mordor
- Splinter Cell Blacklist
- The Evil Within
- Walking Dead Season 2
- Wolfenstein The New Order (4 Discs)

PS3:
- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
- Bioshock Infinite Complete Edition
- Bulletstorm
- Burnout Paradise
- COD Modern Warfare 3
- Clash of the Titans
- Dark Sector
- Dead Space 2
- Dragon's Dogma
- Far Cry 2
- Far Cry 3
- Far Cry 4
- FUSE
- God of War 3…. Read notes below
- Gran Turismo 5
- Hitman Trilogy
- Injustice (2x)
- LAIR
- Last of Us (3x)
- LEGO Indiana Jones
- Mass Effect 3
- Mercenaries 2 World in Flames
- Mind Jack
- MotorStorm Pacific Rift
- MX vs ATV Reflex
- Naughty Bear Gold Edition
- Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End
- PURE
- Saints Row The Third (2x)
- Saints Row IV
- Shaun White Snowboarding
- Sleeping Dogs
- Starhawk
- Star Ocean The Last Hope
- TopSpin 4
- Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark
- UFC Undisputed 2009
- Uncharted Drake's Fortune (2x)
- Watch Dogs

Mistaken Pulls - Stuff that I didn't notice that was stuck to other disc sleeves
- God of War 3 (7x)...
- Get Fit with Mel (2x)
- Madden NFL 13 (2x)
- PES 2011
- Power Gig Rise of the Six String

Weekly ad is out and no major trade deals beyond the 20% extra towards Avengers and Madden. I'm sitting on quite a few XB1 games at the moment, what are the odds of a $5 bonus deal returning in the near future? I'm starting to think we're too close to the new consoles releasing and these being considered "last gen".

Weekly ad is out and no major trade deals beyond the 20% extra towards Avengers and Madden. I'm sitting on quite a few XB1 games at the moment, what are the odds of a $5 bonus deal returning in the near future? I'm starting to think we're too close to the new consoles releasing and these being considered "last gen".
I wouldn’t be surprised if the more popular Xbox One games go up after the new consoles. They are going to want games to sell when people pick up their Xbox Series S/X consoles and we know the launch lineup is lacking.

Wonderful 101 is DotD. Too bad the pre-owned got delisted for the day. Rest of the week looks pretty bleak. Hopefully a flash sale or two appears soon.

Lame weekly ad.. I blame Madden 2k21 launch because all the full-price retail people come in! 

What I found interesting in the ad was the return of the Guaranteed to Love it program.  Now that trades are back it make sense, but it'll take awhile to get back into the groove for trades/buy/return.

Yesterday I did maybe 15 Switch game flips when I was out between a couple of stores.  Nothing amazing, I probably came out with $50-60 in new credit, but I blew a lot of it on PS4 games that were also part of the promo and heavily discounted.  I've got a ton of VR options to mess with now since it's hard to say no to messing with a new VR game when the price point is so low.  I hope they run the tiered promo again. 

Wonderful 101 is DotD. Too bad the pre-owned got delisted for the day. Rest of the week looks pretty bleak. Hopefully a flash sale or two appears soon.

Lame weekly ad.. I blame Madden 2k21 launch because all the full-price retail people come in!
I saw that and little dragon cafe for 16 something iirc. Amazon price matched 101 new for ps4 and switch for anyone that's interested.

What’s up with some of my major games not coming up for trade ins? Got Rage 2 and Wolfenstein 2 for example. 

I guess if anyone wants those on PS4, I have them and can trade. 

Just called the Little Falls location and looks like someone is buying the remaining stock. Asked and the girl said the store was already closed with tons of beeping in the background. Oh well, nothing I missed thankfully.

I'm happy with what I got, but I'm sad about no 20x copies of WWII 😅

What’s up with some of my major games not coming up for trade ins? Got Rage 2 and Wolfenstein 2 for example.

I guess if anyone wants those on PS4, I have them and can trade.
If you look at the product page for both games, it gives a TIV of a penny for each. Which means they're not taking either game right now, as they most likely still have copies they're trying to unload.

What I found interesting in the ad was the return of the Guaranteed to Love it program. Now that trades are back it make sense, but it'll take awhile to get back into the groove for trades/buy/return.

Yesterday I did maybe 15 Switch game flips when I was out between a couple of stores. Nothing amazing, I probably came out with $50-60 in new credit, but I blew a lot of it on PS4 games that were also part of the promo and heavily discounted. I've got a ton of VR options to mess with now since it's hard to say no to messing with a new VR game when the price point is so low. I hope they run the tiered promo again.
It really didn’t go away. Ghost of Tsushima was part of G2L. I think Paper Mario and Last of Us were as well. There just hadn’t been that many titles released this summer to have the G2L.

It really didn’t go away. Ghost of Tsushima was part of G2L. I think Paper Mario and Last of Us were as well. They’re just hadn’t been that many titles released this summer to have the G2L.
Ah I didn't know it's been back for so long, I thought trades had been suspended longer. It went away in April when everything started. I had a lineup of P5 Royal, Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, and FF7 Remake all set to buy and trade back in when COVID hit but I wasn't going to risk it with the initial information we had.

Ah I didn't know it's been back for so long, I thought trades had been suspended longer. It went away in April when everything started. I had a lineup of P5 Royal, Doom Eternal, Animal Crossing, and FF7 Remake all set to buy and trade back in when COVID hit but I wasn't going to risk it with the initial information we had.
Once stores opened back up for foot traffic, trades came back (although, some stores started trades even when their store was just doing curbside pickup). I'm just glad they're doing the $10 plus G2L like they did last year. Madden, NBA, and Avengers are all getting the $10 coin, plus they should be G2L. Makes having more than one account worth it.

Bullshit. You ever try to do a store pickup lately? ALL out of stock. I went to a store yesterday and found 3 games I was looking for that the app didnt show. Even looked them up while at the store.
I can confirm this today tried to do pickup for W101 and no go but store had 3 copies. Same with preowned Catherine saw a copy that said they got in 2 weeks ago.

I am very skeptical about preordering anything at any of the stores due to the only one I like possibly shutting down and my preorder moving to a store I hate.

I can confirm this today tried to do pickup for W101 and no go but store had 3 copies. Same with preowned Catherine saw a copy that said they got in 2 weeks ago.

I am very skeptical about preordering anything at any of the stores due to the only one I like possibly shutting down and my preorder moving to a store I hate.
Unless the store permanently shuts down, your preorder stays at that store until it re-opens.

Is the $5 bonus switch bonus ended or is today the last day. Forgot to turn in Mario Rabbids and Smash Bros yesterday
I did a trade today and surprisingly it is still active. I did have to trade it separately from my preorder because once two more games were added, the promo switched to 20% instead. Another flaw in the POS.

Once stores opened back up for foot traffic, trades came back (although, some stores started trades even when their store was just doing curbside pickup). I'm just glad they're doing the $10 plus G2L like they did last year. Madden, NBA, and Avengers are all getting the $10 coin, plus they should be G2L. Makes having more than one account worth it.
Although I haven't seen the $10 coin advertised for Madden since the Pro Day ad, which advertised that the $10 coin was only if you paid off the entire balance on Pro Day (never seen that stipulation before). New ad for this week does show Madden is G2L. I think I will pre-order and pickup Madden and hope that the $10 coin does come through.

Although I haven't seen the $10 coin advertised for Madden since the Pro Day ad, which advertised that the $10 coin was only if you paid off the entire balance on Pro Day (never seen that stipulation before). New ad for this week does show Madden is G2L. I think I will pre-order and pickup Madden and hope that the $10 coin does come through.
It’s on the websites main page.

I did a trade today and surprisingly it is still active. I did have to trade it separately from my preorder because once two more games were added, the promo switched to 20% instead. Another flaw in the POS.

Damn, I've been banned. I was bann d about a year ago, did some trades without issue about a month ago but bought 4 copies of games to prep for their next $5 bonus deal. Anybody know if their online trade ban is based of Drivers license or gamer pro card? And how long it is?

Damn, I've been banned. I was bann d about a year ago, did some trades without issue about a month ago but bought 4 copies of games to prep for their next $5 bonus deal. Anybody know if their online trade ban is based of Drivers license or gamer pro card? And how long it is?
ID if your area requires it for trade ins. Most are 90 days.

Dumb question does the GameStop Deal of the Day work in store? I know you can do a in store pickup but I was wondering if they scan an item in store that is part of the DOTD if it would ring up for the sale price

attachicon.gif
DC367380-1CEA-48AE-A28E-8099ABEA0BA5.png
Heck of a coincidence considering most of the daily deals today are star wars related.

Dumb question does the GameStop Deal of the Day work in store? I know you can do a in store pickup but I was wondering if they scan an item in store that is part of the DOTD if it would ring up for the sale price
No, the DOTD does not ring up in store. If you get an employee nice enough, they will honor the price, YMMV.

Trade values got some adjustments, mostly to reflect sale prices in the ad, and Omg the division 2 came back for both systems. $7 and $3 base for xb1 and ps4 respectively.

Hoping for a MWT bump this weekend. 

So pardon my ignorance but what is "Game Coin" that they're giving you?  Is that the new term they're using for like rewards cert you used to get?

Somebody commented that the extra 5$ for Switch games was still active yesterday, despite it theoretically ending on Saturday.

Anybody confirm whether it is still running today (monday Aug 24)?

Somebody commented that the extra 5$ for Switch games was still active yesterday, despite it theoretically ending on Saturday.

Sometimes, such promotions run until Sunday, COB. It's not guaranteed, however. A suspicion arises that the centers can't update until Monday. Consider it a grace period, if, and when, it happens. I would not count on anything - the one time you count on it to work, that is the time it disappears.

Hence why the other poster (Jocksingle) was reporting on it. It was never guaranteed. So it was worth mentioning how it still worked on a Sunday.

You're better off just calling up the exact store you would plan to go to and see if they can ring up a random trade-in to see if the $5 appears. I've done that plenty of times and more reliable than the interwebs!

Omg the division 2 came back for both systems. $7 and $3 base for xb1 and ps4 respectively.
SCOOOORE!

So pardon my ignorance but what is "Game Coin" that they're giving you? Is that the new term they're using for like rewards cert you used to get?
Seems like:

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/game-coin#:~:text=If%20you're%20not%20already,(online%20or%20via%20app)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back