2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, actually a few good deals to be had IF the Labor Day prices wouldn't be excluded from the "Buy New, Get 30% Off Used" promotion. Hoped the system would let it slide this time around. And the in-store checker doesn't show ANY of the games I'm interested as being in stock locally, so no dice on even grabbing something for a decent price. Oh well. Gotta pick up Tony Hawk today, so maybe they'll magically have something in stock when I get there.

Dang, actually a few good deals to be had IF the Labor Day prices wouldn't be excluded from the "Buy New, Get 30% Off Used" promotion. Hoped the system would let it slide this time around. And the in-store checker doesn't show ANY of the games I'm interested as being in stock locally, so no dice on even grabbing something for a decent price. Oh well. Gotta pick up Tony Hawk today, so maybe they'll magically have something in stock when I get there.
Remember that the online in-store checker subtracts one from each item. You're better to call or visit a store and ask them to do a search with their computer if there's something you want. Those results will be (gamestop-level) accurate.

Seems like a lot of TIV dropped... Was gonna trade in a bunch of games for NBA 2k for 30% and then trade it back in for G2L. I haven't traded to GS in years - do TIV ever go back up?

Seems like a lot of TIV dropped... Was gonna trade in a bunch of games for NBA 2k for 30% and then trade it back in for G2L. I haven't traded to GS in years - do TIV ever go back up?
Yes, though not always when you'd expect them to--for example, TIVs seem to have dropped because of the Labor Day weekend sale, but don't assume they'll go back up on Tuesday or whenever the sale ends.

What goes up

A few TIV drops I notice, Skyrim down to $10 base (was $12 on Thurs) and COD BO4 down to $7 (was $8). I grabbed those during the bump lst week but couldn't trade them in in time, so got rid of them today with the Avengers 20% and broke even. Glad I didn't wait.
must come down.

Going down my list of saved trades, I only saw one go up in value.Tthey delisted PS4 The Division 2 and dropped XB1 to 3.00. Even a +5 bonus wouldn't make up for that... :whistle2:? (Really hoping for one coming up with all the $2 base games I'm holding onto. If they only do it on $3 base games fuck)

Hmm that’s a bit worrisome. Also surprising that your store is open already. All the stores by me don’t open until noon. Hopefully I’ll have a code in an hour or so.
Stores here are opening at 10 for the launches. You might want to give yours a call.

Mine is opening in a bit and I'll probably not pickup the game until later in the day. Hopefully the G2L code is up and printing by then.

Little worrisome About the no G2L codes... you guys might be screwed about trading it back in for $60.

I wouldn’t be surprised if GameStop removes it for these games

Is there a trick to get certs on the website or are the rewards bonked?

I wanted to get a $25 one for when I pickup THPS but none work on the website. I tried the $10, $15 and $25. On the app they all say sold out too.

I try to order and they send my email a verification code and then it says "sorry there was a problem"

Tried different computers and browsers too.

Little worrisome About the no G2L codes... you guys might be screwed about trading it back in for $60.

I wouldn’t be surprised if GameStop removes it for these games
Nah I'll ask for a gift receipt or something. Worse comes to worse I'll just return it to the store near me with that bitchy rep using my original receipt.

Picked up NBA PS4 and Avengers Xbox from one store, and NBA Xbox and Avengers PS4 from another (was trying to subtly make the most of the trade boosts).  No G2L code from either store.  Will hold off on opening them until someone here can verify.

No code for Avengers PS4. Rep said to take a screen shot of G2L in weekly ad. I guess maybe this means trading it back tomorrow is the best bet since it’s still in the Weekly Ad, rather than waiting for Sunday when it’ll be a new ad.

Also no success redeeming a $10 certificate with points, so I guess it’s down right now. Hopefully back sooner than later.

Also no success redeeming a $10 certificate with points, so I guess it’s down right now. Hopefully back sooner than later.
i've been trying since Tuesday and it wasn't working...something definitely seems to be broken and they don't seem to be in any rush to fix it....

Anyone else find good stuff during this recent online restock?  Most my other stuff probably not too exciting for most, but some Disney kids games for gifts, Disney tsum tsum festival switch for $13, snk 40th anniversary switch for $10, kings quest collection PS4 for $5, Seamus (lol, autocorrect or typo, I’m just leaving it) returns 3DS $12, banner saga trilogy PS4 $5, namco arcade pac switch $10.  A bunch more, can’t beat those prices.  If stock holds I’m sure the 50% sale will be back soon.

Just picked up NBA 2k21 and THPS 1&2 for the PS4. No G2L code on receipt.

Does anyone know how long before the $10 game coin becomes available? I pre ordered 2k21 and paid in full before release like the ad says to. Hoping it’s available today or tomorrow for the Labor Day sale.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Xenogears

Not really a killer deal but I was able to get Attack on Titan: Final Battle X1 new for $20 (someone grabbed the sole new PS4 copy within 2 minutes of me seeing it), and a used copy of Terminator Resistance for X1 for 27.99 after the 30% discount

Seems like I had this issue, where there was no G2L code when I picked up the games early. Will probably just wait until later on today to pick up, just in case.

No code for Avengers. But it is in the physical ad, so I took one with me. Checked the trade value of Animal Crossing and it’s $40. Not sure if it stacks with the 20% though.

Seems like I had this issue, where there was no G2L code when I picked up the games early. Will probably just wait until later on today to pick up, just in case.
I believe your reason is correct (early release) - I picked up FF7 early and never got the preorder codes or G2L but didn’t particularly care in that situation.

FYI - the $40 value is only for those 3 games and doesn’t stack with the +20% promo nor boost the base cash value. So sitting this one out!

It sucks about the G2L codes, I was planning on blowing through the Avengers story mode this weekend before taking it back in, but now I feel like I have to keep it sealed just in case it has to be returned.

It sucks about the G2L codes, I was planning on blowing through the Avengers story mode this weekend before taking it back in, but now I feel like I have to keep it sealed just in case it has to be returned.
I kind of feel the same way, this is my first G2L switcharoo and the lack of code has me a bit worried.

I was told if you bring in your receipt you’ll be able to get the G2L value. Employees can override trade values. And the daily deal for Switch games doesn’t stack with the 20% because it’s a bump to $40 ($43 with PUR).

So I'm looking to buy a few games on sale at GameStop.. even though it's over $35 they still want to charge me $7 shipping.

I look at the checkout, they have my HOME address identifying as a PO Box... If I change my address to my parents in another state.. I get free shipping. Very Odd.

I'd just say screw it and do in store pickup but only 1 of the items available. 

Reinforcing my dislike for everything Gamestop.

Just picked up my copy of the Avengers at 3pm EST and still no G2L code. Hate that GameStop can't even get their promo right. I was given a $5 code for Avengers points along with the pins. Anybody else get that?

Picked up my NBA 2k21 preorder.  No G2L code.  I spoke with the manager though and he said they'd honor the promo as long as I traded it back in at their store by Sunday close.   Every store should have this weeks ad somewhere in the store through tomorrow which shows the G2L promo if you need proof when talking to an employee.  Might be smart to grab one when picking up the games.  Id just make sure they will honor it before opening up the game(s).  

In unrelated news it looks like Gamestop has just switched from UPS to FedEx as their primary shipping partner.   I ordered a bunch of titles in the past 2 days and everything shipped out from individual stores with FedEx tracking #s which is a first.   I'm not sure how much it will impact things but its something to be aware of.  

So I'm looking to buy a few games on sale at GameStop.. even though it's over $35 they still want to charge me $7 shipping.

I look at the checkout, they have my HOME address identifying as a PO Box... If I change my address to my parents in another state.. I get free shipping. Very Odd.

I'd just say screw it and do in store pickup but only 1 of the items available.

Reinforcing my dislike for everything Gamestop.
I have the same problem, they don't like PO Boxes because of the shipper they use.

If you've signed the forms at you local PO though, you can just put that address like this:

Back Lash

123 PostOfficeAddress Street

BOXNUMBER

City, State POZipCode

I've been doing this for awhile and haven't had an issue getting stuff delivered that way from them. Though normally it takes an extra day from when it is "delivered" to when it's actually put in my box since they need to sort it.

Anyone else find good stuff during this recent online restock? Most my other stuff probably not too exciting for most, but some Disney kids games for gifts, Disney tsum tsum festival switch for $13, snk 40th anniversary switch for $10, kings quest collection PS4 for $5, Seamus (lol, autocorrect or typo, I’m just leaving it) returns 3DS $12, banner saga trilogy PS4 $5, namco arcade pac switch $10. A bunch more, can’t beat those prices. If stock holds I’m sure the 50% sale will be back soon.
Ys 8 switch with the buy 1 new game 29.99 get one 30% off was the only thing I saw. Picked up 2 copies trying my luck to see if I get one complete this time. The first one I ordered and have been playing only came with the box, cover art, warranty and game cart. Odds are low but whatever if they don't come complete I'll either return them or re sell them since the go for a decent amount these days even cart only.

In unrelated news it looks like Gamestop has just switched from UPS to FedEx as their primary shipping partner. I ordered a bunch of titles in the past 2 days and everything shipped out from individual stores with FedEx tracking #s which is a first. I'm not sure how much it will impact things but its something to be aware of.
If that means they are getting rid of Innovations (you know, that UPS-USPS hybrid), I'm on board.

I haven't really had any issue with either UPS or FedEx direct handling of packages. So either one is fine (for now). It's when a direct delivery handler passes stuff to USPS, that is a major problem - as it takes sometimes a week+ or so just for the US Post Office simply to acknowledge receipt of a package, let alone additional days to actually get it inside a mail truck for delivery. UPS service has Innovations- save a couple nickles, and inconvenience your customers. .. FedEx has --- hopefully nothing like this (?).

Hopefully FedFex doesn't have their own version of Innovations. A name that should be replaced with Degenerations.

Picked up my NBA 2k21 preorder. No G2L code. I spoke with the manager though and he said they'd honor the promo as long as I traded it back in at their store by Sunday close. Every store should have this weeks ad somewhere in the store through tomorrow which shows the G2L promo if you need proof when talking to an employee. Might be smart to grab one when picking up the games. Id just make sure they will honor it before opening up the game(s).

In unrelated news it looks like Gamestop has just switched from UPS to FedEx as their primary shipping partner. I ordered a bunch of titles in the past 2 days and everything shipped out from individual stores with FedEx tracking #s which is a first. I'm not sure how much it will impact things but its something to be aware of.
I noticed that too. I hope it means we get our stuff in a timely manner instead of a month later if it's coming from the texas warehouse (thankfully none of my orders are from there this time)

Picked up my NBA 2k21 preorder. No G2L code. I spoke with the manager though and he said they'd honor the promo as long as I traded it back in at their store by Sunday close. Every store should have this weeks ad somewhere in the store through tomorrow which shows the G2L promo if you need proof when talking to an employee. Might be smart to grab one when picking up the games. Id just make sure they will honor it before opening up the game(s).

Same here, I picked up my Avengers copy and was told the same thing. Weird - I guess they're trying to get the unsuspected buyers

If that means they are getting rid of Innovations (you know, that UPS-USPS hybrid), I'm on board.

I haven't really had any issue with either UPS or FedEx direct handling of packages. So either one is fine (for now). It's when a direct delivery handler passes stuff to USPS, that is a major problem - as it takes sometimes a week+ or so just for the US Post Office simply to acknowledge receipt of a package, let alone additional days to actually get it inside a mail truck for delivery. UPS service has Innovations- save a couple nickles, and inconvenience your customers.

Hopefully FedFex doesn't have their own version of Innovations. A name that should be replaced with Degenerations.
I see you've never dealt with fedex's version of it. Smartpost. Same damn issue as ups sure post. I had a few packages that I had to actually go pick up at the post office since they sat there for about a month and were not moving. Part of the issue is that usps doesn't typically keep the tracking updated assuming it even works when hand off to them.

That restock last night was one of the most ridiculous things I have seen by gamestop. I was still ordering at 1 AM and got unexpectedly cut off by that shitty labor day sale. I know I still missed a bunch of stuff because that "Add to Cart" button was active on a lot of games but always gave an error.

Just noticed that Gamestop is using Fedex for shipping now. All 8/10 orders have already been marked as shipped since last night and all have Fedex tracking numbers. Hope this is the norm from now on because Fedex would always find a way to fuck some of my orders up lol

EDIT: Also just read the previous posts

Just noticed that Gamestop is using Fedex for shipping now. All 8/10 orders have already been marked as shipped since last night and all have Fedex tracking numbers. Hope this is the norm from now on because Fedex would always find a way to fuck some of my orders up lol

EDIT: Also just read the previous posts
Yeah, all mine are fedex. Never experienced the fedex version of smartpost...

EDIT: Wait, I see they say Fedex Home Delivery. I assume this is really Fedex and not the Fedex --> USPS version.

I see you've never dealt with fedex's version of it. Smartpost. Same damn issue as ups sure post. I had a few packages that I had to actually go pick up at the post office since they sat there for about a month and were not moving. Part of the issue is that usps doesn't typically keep the tracking updated assuming it even works when hand off to them.
Ugh!

I wouldn’t get too excited. FedEx has their own USPS delivery with Smartpost.
Everything shipped via FedEx standard ground shipping. No Smartpost deliveries. Some stuff that was picked up today shows an estimated Tuesday delivery so for me it looks about the same as what UPS was once it was in possession. I use UPS my choice to schedule deliveries so I'm not real happy with the change but we will see how it works out in the long run.

I have the same problem, they don't like PO Boxes because of the shipper they use.

If you've signed the forms at you local PO though, you can just put that address like this:

Back Lash
123 PostOfficeAddress Street
BOXNUMBER
City, State POZipCode

I've been doing this for awhile and haven't had an issue getting stuff delivered that way from them. Though normally it takes an extra day from when it is "delivered" to when it's actually put in my box since they need to sort it.
You missed the part where I dont have a P.O. Box... my HOME address gamestop thinks is a P.O. Box now.
That’s what is pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back