2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked my Avengers up and didn't get the G2L code either, I guess I'll keep it sealed and wait for tomorrow to see if people are having luck with getting employees to honor it, and if not I'll just return it

been listening to GS hold music for almost an hour and a half...trying to call about the certificate redemption issue (getting the error: "We are sorry, but there was a problem redeeming your reward." when trying to purchase a certificate from the website)

edit: certificates in the app are no longer saying SOLD OUT, but they still are not able to be purchased...ended up hanging up on the call, gonna try again another time...was hoping to use them on NBA, but oh well...

I called a nearby store that said they’re not sure why no codes, but if I’m going to come do G2L call ahead and they’ll get a district leader on the line to make sure I get my full credit back. I guess that’s good enough to justify opening the game? Still a little nervous.

Gamestop Reddit is mad at FedEx because they stupid leave boxes of games or other stuff in front of the door while they are closed. It may not last that long

I called a nearby store that said they’re not sure why no codes, but if I’m going to come do G2L call ahead and they’ll get a district leader on the line to make sure I get my full credit back. I guess that’s good enough to justify opening the game? Still a little nervous.
This sounds like a headache too me. I'll just move the preorder to pikmin.

Did anyone order Yakuza Remastered Collection of Gamestop recently? Their webpage is still showing the Day one edition picture.

Damn went to see what I could use my $5 monthly coupon on and now I see that it's missing. Apparently the rep used it to give me a "free" $5 code for the Avengers hero pass crap. I should have checked closer. This makes me even more wary of having faith that they will honor the G2L since they're not even giving out the codes.

Did anyone order Yakuza Remastered Collection of Gamestop recently? Their webpage is still showing the Day one edition picture.
Pretty sure they will send out both Day 1 and Standard editions out from stores, so you might get either edition. I recommend picking up instore if possible to confirm what you'd get. Also by now many store copies are display / gutted.

I hunted down one instore last time they were at 39.99. You can just call and ask.

Damn went to see what I could use my $5 monthly coupon on and now I see that it's missing. Apparently the rep used it to give me a "free" $5 code for the Avengers hero pass crap. I should have checked closer. This makes me even more wary of having faith that they will honor the G2L since they're not even giving out the codes.
I’d burn them on the survey. They can’t apply your coupon to anything without your okay.

Wow you got scammed and swindled. Burn them on the survey and honestly good luck getting your G2L to work if you opened the game

Filled out the survey and got my points back. Phone service said wait time was 60 minutes but they picked up in like 3. The worst part is that it's the closest store and that rep is the manager. Always making up fake rules. Yeah without a G2L code they will most likely not let me trade in the game. Was going to try and beat it this weekend but not opening it now.

Filled out the survey and got my points back. Phone service said wait time was 60 minutes but they picked up in like 3. The worst part is that it's the closest store and that rep is the manager. Always making up fake rules. Yeah without a G2L code they will most likely not let me trade in the game. Was going to try and beat it this weekend but not opening it now.
It’s in the weekly ad, they have to honor it. Call customer service and complain that they won’t let you.

No G2L code for NBA 2K21 (Mamba Forever), picked it up this afternoon. Come to think of I didn't see the G2L code for Madden 21 (MVP Edition) either. It's like they're trying to quietly kill the promo even though it's in the weekly ad.

I had an interesting experience when I picked up my games today. I had just over $6 left to pay on THPS 1+2 and asked the associate to apply my monthly $5 cert to it. He sees that I have the $10 Game Coin from Madden 21 and says I could use it to pay off THPS and add the GPG to it.

Told him no thanks and just apply the $5 cert, he then asked if I wanted to add the GPG, again no thanks. Looked at the receipt and he applied the monthly cert to NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever which I had already paid in full when I traded in games a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what to think as I haven't dealt with such a "mishap" at my home store until recently.

I had an interesting experience when I picked up my games today. I had just over $6 left to pay on THPS 1+2 and asked the associate to apply my monthly $5 cert to it. He sees that I have the $10 Game Coin from Madden 21 and says I could use it to pay off THPS and add the GPG to it.

Told him no thanks and just apply the $5 cert, he then asked if I wanted to add the GPG, again no thanks. Looked at the receipt and he applied the monthly cert to NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever which I had already paid in full when I traded in games a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what to think as I haven't dealt with such a "mishap" at my home store until recently.
The cert automatically applies to the highest priced item. If the reservation was fully covered then you probably have an extra 5 of trade credit applied elsewhere to the transaction. the employee should have done separate transactions to do what you requested.

Madden had a G2L code on the receipt. They’re not trying to kill something that they not only promote in their weekly ad but gets them sorely needed preowned stock.

I didn't have time to get out to gamestop today but will go tomorrow. Hopefully they have it fixed and the G2L code is showing up tomorrow.

Per GS's website, it says pre-orders "not redeemed or cancelled within 30 days after Release Date are automatically converted into non-expiring store credit redeemable only for merchandise from GameStop".

How does that even work? Converting it to trade credit? Do they send you a trade card in the mail? Back in the day you could pre-order a game, let release date come and go, let the funds sit there pretty much however long, and then move it over to something else when you saw fit. Is that not the case anymore?

Full terms in spoiler below:

PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT POLICY

Pre-order deposit (“Reservation”) for the amount stated above is redeemable toward purchase of reserved product above. To redeem, pay remaining balance of product (plus any tax) at the store where Reservation was placed when the product releases (“Release Date”). Reservation is cancellable before or up to 30 days after Release Date to: receive your money (or original form of tender; e.g., a gift card or store credit) back, apply Reservation to a new reservation-eligible product, or use the Reservation as store credit. Reservations not redeemed or cancelled within 30 days after Release Date are automatically converted into non-expiring store credit redeemable only for merchandise from GameStop; no cash redemption or refunds except as required by law. No fees are charged against the balance of Reservation. If used without your permission, Reservation will not be replaced. Placing this Reservation constitutes acceptance of its terms and conditions. Reservation is issued by and represents solely an obligation of Marketing Control Services, Inc. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Questions? Please call 1-800-883-8895.

been listening to GS hold music for almost an hour and a half...trying to call about the certificate redemption issue (getting the error: "We are sorry, but there was a problem redeeming your reward." when trying to purchase a certificate from the website)

edit: certificates in the app are no longer saying SOLD OUT, but they still are not able to be purchased...ended up hanging up on the call, gonna try again another time...was hoping to use them on NBA, but oh well...
Holy crap the rewards certs are actually working in the app now. Bought a $15 in store cert on both my accounts. Both went through and are in their respective active offers along with my monthly $5 cert. Time to go get some free $19.99 games finally that I have been eanting for a week now.

Per GS's website, it says pre-orders "not redeemed or cancelled within 30 days after Release Date are automatically converted into non-expiring store credit redeemable only for merchandise from GameStop".

How does that even work? Converting it to trade credit? Do they send you a trade card in the mail? Back in the day you could pre-order a game, let release date come and go, let the funds sit there pretty much however long, and then move it over to something else when you saw fit. Is that not the case anymore?

PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT POLICY

Pre-order deposit (“Reservation”) for the amount stated above is redeemable toward purchase of reserved product above. To redeem, pay remaining balance of product (plus any tax) at the store where Reservation was placed when the product releases (“Release Date”). Reservation is cancellable before or up to 30 days after Release Date to: receive your money (or original form of tender; e.g., a gift card or store credit) back, apply Reservation to a new reservation-eligible product, or use the Reservation as store credit. Reservations not redeemed or cancelled within 30 days after Release Date are automatically converted into non-expiring store credit redeemable only for merchandise from GameStop; no cash redemption or refunds except as required by law. No fees are charged against the balance of Reservation. If used without your permission, Reservation will not be replaced. Placing this Reservation constitutes acceptance of its terms and conditions. Reservation is issued by and represents solely an obligation of Marketing Control Services, Inc. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Questions? Please call 1-800-883-8895.
It's still the way you remember. I have old pre-orders sitting around for games that came out earlier this year. I'm just waiting for the good games this holiday to come out, then I'll move em. I've moved some already today.

Your fine. The website is hogwash. [and no, there is no automatic conversion to credit -- they would rather you forget about it actually..]

If you put $5 down on a game, and cancel it 31 days later, you get it back in regular store credit. If you're going to move it to something else you actually plan on picking up, this makes no difference to you. It has been this way since February... 2019. That's why receipts with preorders on them are so long now, they include those terms and conditions.

PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT POLICY

No, it means that after 30 days the preorder money gets all converted to store credit. Not a problem if you use that only, but only if you didn't. Before if you used cash you could go back and get cash back.

The cert automatically applies to the highest priced item. If the reservation was fully covered then you probably have an extra 5 of trade credit applied elsewhere to the transaction. the employee should have done separate transactions to do what you requested.
I forgot about the cert applying to the highest priced item(s) automatically, so that's my bad. Just went over the receipt again and doesn't look like the $5 was applied elsewhere.

Madden had a G2L code on the receipt. They’re not trying to kill something that they not only promote in their weekly ad but gets them sorely needed preowned stock.
I looked at my receipt from when I picked up Madden and the only code that I got was for the Elite Tony Romo MUT pre-order bonus. I was just sharing my opinion as far as the G2L code snafu is concerned. I get that it's likely a glitch in the system. Everyone is correct that they do have to honor it for NBA 2K21 and Avengers since it's been well advertised.

Traded in some games today to buy THPS...they are out. I took the cash and bought it at Walmart next door. Apparently if you don’t pre order a game they won’t have it to sell because they are only being shipped preorders... what a wild place

Picked up Marvel Avengers just after 6 p.m. in SoCal and didn't get a G2L code either.   

Also picked up a used Switch game in same transaction and got 30% off.  Tried to get 30% off Jedi Fallen Order used but it didn't qualify b/c it's already discounted in the Labor Day Sale. 

The employee told me that G2L only works for the standard editions and not the Deluxe, MVP, early access versions. Which is dumb. She said its because of the codes inside but even with G2L we still paid extra for those versions since we only get $59.99 back

The employee told me that G2L only works for the standard editions and not the Deluxe, MVP, early access versions. Which is dumb. She said its because of the codes inside but even with G2L we still paid extra for those versions since we only get $59.99 back
Yeah that is dumb considering you could just trade in the disc by itself without the case, but either way, nobody is getting a G2L code printed on receipt.

From /r/GameStop employee:

"There was an internal system error. In store we received codes to use for it as long as a customer has the correct receipt within date."

Yeah that’s stupid. If anything, it’s better for consumers cuz they can find a pre owned copy of these editions

i picked up both Avengers and THPS and both were supposed to come with preorder bonuses.   THPS was supposed to have a fingerboard and Avengers was supposed to get a pin set.  I got neither.

Oh lol, I misinterpreted what you typed previously. Sorry, can't help then. Maybe it's the street?
So I figured out the incompetence of Gamestops website...

I live on "Post" street.... the website immediately changes to PO Box shipping as soon as "Post" is read by the website.. If I change my address to POS T or P0ST it will work. (any combination that does not say "post" at all works)

I've ordered from Gamestop before, this is a new level of stupidity.

Yeah that is dumb considering you could just trade in the disc by itself without the case, but either way, nobody is getting a G2L code printed on receipt.
I actually did this with the Show 20 back in March...bought the MVP/Deluxe, kept the deluxe items and traded back in the game (using a generic case). However, it did make things complicated since the associate was insisting I trade back in the hat, steelbook, etc. I know, I know, makes no sense. What got them to see it my way was that the edition I bought was $99 and the G2L trade is maxed at $59.99. So even if they took in hats as trades (lol), were they expecting me to trade it on on the program at a loss of $40? That defeats the entire purpose of the promo.

Anyway....often/always a long story with GS.

I actually did this with the Show 20 back in March...bought the MVP/Deluxe, kept the deluxe items and traded back in the game (using a generic case). However, it did make things complicated since the associate was insisting I trade back in the hat, steelbook, etc. I know, I know, makes no sense. What got them to see it my way was that the edition I bought was $99 and the G2L trade is maxed at $59.99. So even if they took in hats as trades (lol), were they expecting me to trade it on on the program at a loss of $40? That defeats the entire purpose of the promo.

Anyway....often/always a long story with GS.
Haha oh man, he probably just wanted it for himself, but he tried to fool the wrong guy.

Traded in some games today to buy THPS...they are out. I took the cash and bought it at Walmart next door. Apparently if you don’t pre order a game they won’t have it to sell because they are only being shipped preorders... what a wild place
They been like that for some time now. It's usually rule number 1 in retail that you need to have lots of product to sell, and a game store that doesn't want to sell even hot titles beyond pre orders is definitely weird.

i picked up both Avengers and THPS and both were supposed to come with preorder bonuses. THPS was supposed to have a fingerboard and Avengers was supposed to get a pin set. I got neither.
I picked up my preorder for THPS yesterday and didn't know about the preorder so it was a nice surprise. They also had the Avengers pin set, she handed it out to another customer while I was in line. I noticed Walmart had the game for $33 in stock. Not sure the finger board is worth $7 but I was only out of pocket like $16 for it. Couldn't get my points to redeem online yesterday before I went, she said it was a known issue.

From /r/GameStop employee:

"There was an internal system error. In store we received codes to use for it as long as a customer has the correct receipt within date."
hopefully this is accurate...i was definitely either lied to last night or just had stupid employees who didn't have any idea about how this works...I had asked the guy who checked me out if they were honoring GtL since it didn't print on the receipt...he goes in the back (for way too long) comes out and says "that doesn't work on every game" so I let him know the ad specifically mentions both of these games...he then proceeds to tell me that he meant this location specifically and that they weren't taking stuff from people's homes (yet i just traded 2 games here last week)...

i wasn't going to start an argument (it was a long day at work and i was exhausted) so I just thanked him and left, but he was obviously feeding me a line of bullshit....

Anybody have any idea what's going on with the web certificates? CS has reissued my points like 6 times and I keep getting web coupons that say "The coupon cannot be added to your cart" no matter what I do. Every time, they give me back my points and say to try again.

Web coupons don’t work and haven’t worked in like 4 months, stop buying web coupons with your points and use it for in store coupons instead

Was Avengers PS4 supposed to come with a preorder code? I thought I read about people having one on the inside of their case but I don’t see one. I also didn’t get a pin set. I put down a deposit last week and picked up yesterday.

Nothing since picking up Madden. No Madden coin, no coins for 2k or Avengers, no points for picking up 2k or Avengers, GS just trollin' all their customers.
You weren't getting the coin for 2K or Avengers yet. Unlikely you'd get points for purchase the following day (most likely tomorrow). If you didn't get the coin for Madden, you should definitely call.

Was Avengers PS4 supposed to come with a preorder code? I thought I read about people having one on the inside of their case but I don’t see one. I also didn’t get a pin set. I put down a deposit last week and picked up yesterday.
I don't think Avengers had any preorder bonus other than the pin set. I didn't get the pin set on any of the 3 copies I picked up.

So I figured out the incompetence of Gamestops website...

I live on "Post" street.... the website immediately changes to PO Box shipping as soon as "Post" is read by the website.. If I change my address to POS T or P0ST it will work. (any combination that does not say "post" at all works)

I've ordered from Gamestop before, this is a new level of stupidity.
Yeah, their system for detecting PO Boxes is crazy. I couldn't include PO Box, Post Office Box, or even stuff like Box # on the address. If you'll notice in my example it doesn't say PO Box or similar anywhere, just the number. Technically I'm supposed to say PO Box on there but my post office is pretty good about routing stuff correctly. I've only had issue occasionally, and that was during Christmas.

traded in Avengers and NBA 2K with no issues (G2L)...the SL knew about the internal message and actually had the employee who was processing my trade print out the information in case they needed it again...

Anyone else not going to renew their PUR Pro account when it expires? Now there just seems to be too many restrictions on when you can use your $5 monthly PUR cert. I currently just use it on digital PSN and Xbox gift cards.

traded in Avengers and NBA 2K with no issues (G2L)...the SL knew about the internal message and actually had the employee who was processing my trade print out the information in case they needed it again...
I also had success trading in Avengers PS4 today after the employees checked the internal message and pulled up the code for the offer. I got the full $59.99 applied straight away -> even with having used the $5 monthly cert on the game at pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back