2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
You redeemed an online cert. I’m not sure what you’re trying to tell us. Online carts start with WEB and are found in your digital locker.
An online cert actually worked, apparently. This could be ground-breaking news, if true.

OP: NULL is standard for an online cert. Don't worry about that.

---------------------------------

Edit:

I can't get my old (unused, valid) WEB certs to work. I tried it on regular games, full price, not on sale. It simply says Not Applied.

The ones I used already come up "Coupon already used" (used, invalid). So it is distinguishing between new and old, still.

Perhaps the OP can explain in more detail about this "waiting" period. It looks like the GS website is still broken for online certs.

People who have called or who are going to call, how many points are you asking for? I’m feeling like the number would be 12,400 from buying a $60 game (60 x 20 = 1200) and trading a $60 game (same math, and yes, my state has still been giving points for trades) plus the 10k for the Game Coin. Is everyone else asking for that? Are people just keeping it simple and going for the 10k?

You redeemed an online cert. I’m not sure what you’re trying to tell us. Online carts start with WEB and are found in your digital locker.
Your response seems to be a bit snarky when it didn't call for it. I was stating my experience because people have reported their online certificates not working at all - online or even in store and have had to call into Customer Service to get points refunded for non-working certs.

I never previously redeemed for online certificates as I always did point redemption for in-store certificates. I was not aware of the difference in the code prefixes. Thanks for the clarification.

An online cert actually worked, apparently. This could be ground-breaking news, if true.

OP: NULL is standard for an online cert. Don't worry about that.

---------------------------------

Edit:

I can't get my old (unused, valid) WEB certs to work. I tried it on regular games, full price, not on sale. It simply says Not Applied.

The ones I used already come up "Coupon already used" (used, invalid). So it is distinguishing between new and old, still.

Perhaps the OP can explain in more detail about this "waiting" period. It looks like the GS website is still broken for online certs.
I redeemed for the code at midnight 09/02 and I placed an order at 5:00 pm that day.

The points being removed from my account when I redeemed for the cert wasn't instantaneous, and my guess is it took 10-15 mins for my point balance to reflect it.

People who have called or who are going to call, how many points are you asking for? I’m feeling like the number would be 12,400 from buying a $60 game (60 x 20 = 1200) and trading a $60 game (same math, and yes, my state has still been giving points for trades) plus the 10k for the Game Coin. Is everyone else asking for that? Are people just keeping it simple and going for the 10k?
You seem to be making this way too complicated than it has to be. 10k, end story. Wait until Wednesday to see if points are deposited too

You seem to be making this way too complicated than it has to be. 10k, end story. Wait until Wednesday to see if points are deposited too
Not trying to be complicated, but also interested in getting the appropriate number of points, since the extra 2,400 points would get me to the next 5k marker. I’m willing to wait for tomorrow, but I also have a feeling that if the points haven’t shown up yet, they’re not going to without a call.

Just called and got my 20,000 points for the game coin I didn’t get...wonder if they’re ever going to fix this? If they’re going to keep offering game coin it’s probably in their best interest to fix it I would think...

Edit: didn’t even bother to mention the missing points from purchasing...they’ve had this issue before and I feel like those usually end up showing up...

[Might be totally anecdotal, but I redeemed a $25 online cert over the weekend.]

I redeemed for the code at midnight 12/2 and I placed an order at 5:00 pm that day.
Quite a trip you had. We're in late 2020 currently. Welcome back.

Called earlier today for one of my accounts because I hadn't gotten the game coin for Madden, Avengers, or NBA. Guy said he was having issues adding the points to my account and he was going to escalate it. We ended up getting disconnected and I didn't think anything of it. Went to check on my other account as that hadn't gotten the coin for Avengers or NBA and noticed in my rewards activity that 30,000 points had been taken out and then put back. Somehow the guy pulled up this account when I called, instead of the one I gave him the number to. Got the 20,000 points put onto this account and now the guy I am on hold with is looking into my other account about the 30,000 points that I should have gotten put on it. If the issues don't get fixed with the next game, I think I am done with the game coin titles. It has been too much of a hassle to get resolved, on top of any other issues I end up having from ordering online with them. 3 different games and not once did I get the game coin without having to call. Add on the bullshit they pulled with the G2L codes this past weekend. Getting ridiculous.

Can confirm GS is sending sloppily resurfaced discs. Hopped onto that half off five preowned games sale before that expired, got Borderlands Pre-Sequel with a hairline crack in the middle, Crysis 3 which had gunk in the middle that I cleaned and my 360 still wouldn't recognize it, and Ninja Gaiden 3 with the xbox 360 holographic ring scratched off in the middle and unreadable.

Maybe it was the work of origami king? He folded the dates together.

So do gamestop physical gift cards only work in store and not on the website?  I can't get one to work on there.

But you got 10,000 points that doesn’t expire in 2 weeks which is better then the $10 game coin so it had to be worth something.
How much is your time worth? I mean if he talked to 3 different reps I’m guessing it was at least a 30 min call. I make a helluva lot more than $20 an hour. My time is worth more than the hassle and fuckup-ery that GS seems to thrive on.

Can confirm GS is sending sloppily resurfaced discs. Hopped onto that half off five preowned games sale before that expired, got Borderlands Pre-Sequel with a hairline crack in the middle, Crysis 3 which had gunk in the middle that I cleaned and my 360 still wouldn't recognize it, and Ninja Gaiden 3 with the xbox 360 holographic ring scratched off in the middle and unreadable.
Yep. I don't understand how people without resurfacers can actually play games they get from the warehouses.

Or how gamestop can justify sending product in that condition.

This happens with linked accounts.
At one store when they pull up my account by phone number it pulls 2 accounts - one Pro, one Elite Pro. The Pro has my name on it but some random address in California. I live in Connecticut. It's been happening for years and only at this one out of about 4-5 stores I frequent.

aircobra, it sounds like some light detective work has been done on your accounts if they're linked. I know I have at least 2 accounts that are linked and it's probably my fault. Earlier this year or late last I was trading in tons and tons of wii accessories from tag sales. I went backwards through my 4 accounts, starting with the newest and making sure not to go over the limit on each. After my very first trade on my main account I got a 90-day ban and it was just one wiimote and a few small value games, leading me to believe that the 4 per SKU limit was linked across one of the 3 burner accounts and my main account. I have a feeling it may have been the SL at one store looking into it as they commented on the name on one of the burners when I used it to pick up an in store order last Thanksgiving.

Homepage is all different now, but didn't see a B2G1 for $19.99$29.99 and under promoted anywhere, but it's showing up in cart. Worse than the recent 50% deals, but maybe someone can get it to stack with something els.   :fridge:

Also, monthly coupon is adding to cart now  :beer:    does work on pre-orders

Zs8Qb2S.png

Whenever I trade in my PS4 Pro in the future, do you think they will notice the original hard drive is not in there? I put a 2TB HDD in it a while back but I can't find the original anywhere.

does gamestop normally have special trade in offers for pre new console releases? has that happened in the past or do they normally do those a few years after release?

They made the account dashboard all spiffy now with a graph to show your rewards history and a button to apply your Pro coupon directly to the cart instead of having to copy and paste. Maybe if you redeem points for a certificate, you can apply it directly to cart too.

Homepage is all different now, but didn't see a B2G1 for $19.99 and under promoted anywhere, but it's showing up in cart. Worse than the recent 50% deals, but maybe someone can get it to stack with something els. :fridge:

Also, monthly coupon is adding to cart now :beer: does work on pre-orders

Zs8Qb2S.png
Does the coupon still show up in your active rewards? Wonder if double dipping online and in store still works.

Homepage is all different now, but didn't see a B2G1 for $19.99 and under promoted anywhere, but it's showing up in cart. Worse than the recent 50% deals, but maybe someone can get it to stack with something els. :fridge:

Also, monthly coupon is adding to cart now :beer: does work on pre-orders
Glad the monthly coupon finally works. More terrible deals (compared to 50% "flash" sales) and of course no stacking of promos or coupons. pretty sure the b2g1 wipes out better deals

Buy any new title $29.99+ and get 30% off 1 pre-owned title, or buy any 2 new titles $29.99+ and get 50% off 1 pre-owned title!

Buy 2 Get 1 Free on any Pre-owned games $29.99 and under! Free item must be of equal or lesser value.

Some exclusions apply. Applicable to physical in-stock items ONLY. Prices subject to change. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Add items to cart for discount.

Offer valid 9/8/2020 12am CST - 9/12/2020 11:59pm CST. Valid ONLINE ONLY. While supplies last.

Whenever I trade in my PS4 Pro in the future, do you think they will notice the original hard drive is not in there? I put a 2TB HDD in it a while back but I can't find the original anywhere.
no, they will not notice. But the serial tells them what kind of hard is supposed to be inside. You won’t get any extra trade credit for having a 2tb drive in there. I’m not sure they would take it if you mentioned a hard drive other than the size it originally came with, so ymmv. If you can, you should match the 500gb or 1tb drive with any cheap laptop drive. Just reformat the system software and put that 2tb in an external enclosure to save for next gen game storage.

does gamestop normally have special trade in offers for pre new console releases? has that happened in the past or do they normally do those a few years after release?
Pretty sure I've seen one for every past generation, but who knows with the current gen of systems given that the Series X/S will have significant backwards compatibility and the PS5 is expected to have solid PS4 support- they might not want the influx of Xbox 1s and PS4s. Additionally, maybe they won't want to support trade-up deals for systems that are pushing for digital content more as both the SX and PS5 have digital only editions.

I bought on Saturday, and it's Wednesday.  So far no game coin, and no points for buying the game or for trading it in either.

These promos are hardly worth the hassle if they don't work.  Going to get everything ready to call, bleh.

I bought on Saturday, and it's Wednesday. So far no game coin, and no points for buying the game or for trading it in either.

These promos are hardly worth the hassle if they don't work. Going to get everything ready to call, bleh.
For all the hassle I have had, getting the points for my account that is active (apparently my other 2 accounts are suspended after having to file chargebacks and that is why they can't add points, even though I got points for renewing and for purchases) has been easy. Had to call this morning because I had a store pickup order that I used a $15 cert on but the employee was a fuck up and marked it as picked up even though they didn't have any copies (got a refund when I went in) and got the 15,000 easily. Same with the 20,000 points I got yesterday for not getting the game coins for Avengers and NBA.

no, they will not notice. But the serial tells them what kind of hard is supposed to be inside. You won’t get any extra trade credit for having a 2tb drive in there. I’m not sure they would take it if you mentioned a hard drive other than the size it originally came with, so ymmv. If you can, you should match the 500gb or 1tb drive with any cheap laptop drive. Just reformat the system software and put that 2tb in an external enclosure to save for next gen game storage.
Okay, thanks. I wasn't hoping for any extra trade-in credit, I just wanted to trade in the system without any problems. I don't care about keeping it since PS5 will have SSD.

Dumb question but forgive me so XB1SX/S preorders will go live in stores at open on 9/22. They won’t hold back for bundles or do only website preorders correct. I usually preorder from Best Buy so I’m a little unfamiliar how GameStop handles it.

My Gamestop let me put $50 down on Far cry 6 so when PS5 pre-orders go live I can call and they will switch it. They also told me I could call in with a trade card and just give them the number.

Wouldn't hurt to ask your local stores if you have rapport with them.

My "local store" is like 30 miles away, so it helps big time with pre-orders that may sell quick.

For all the hassle I have had, getting the points for my account that is active (apparently my other 2 accounts are suspended after having to file chargebacks and that is why they can't add points, even though I got points for renewing and for purchases) has been easy. Had to call this morning because I had a store pickup order that I used a $15 cert on but the employee was a fuck up and marked it as picked up even though they didn't have any copies (got a refund when I went in) and got the 15,000 easily. Same with the 20,000 points I got yesterday for not getting the game coins for Avengers and NBA.
Seconded. Just got off the phone, even though they said 60 minute hold time it was only 5 minutes. The guy was very nice, said it was a known issue with points not posting and not only posted 20k to my account for the game coin, but gave me points for my purchases over the weekend as well. All in all not a bad experience at all.

just FYI, looks like my recent purchase points have shown up (had my "game coin" points added yesterday but didn't mention purchase points)....i've got appx 5000 more than I had this morning...

just FYI, looks like my recent purchase points have shown up (had my "game coin" points added yesterday but didn't mention purchase points)....i've got appx 5000 more than I had this morning...
Just checked and all 3 of my accounts got points for my preorder pickups last Friday. Love how you get the points for purchases yet they still can’t properly give out the $10 game coins without needing to call.

Does the coupon still show up in your active rewards? Wonder if double dipping online and in store still works.
The coupon disappears from active offers when you redeem in store, so you write/copy the code down or just add it to your cart beforehand. The order you redeem doesn't matter (one month I redeemed online first, last month I used in-store first - multiple days in-between redemptions)

Yea, my recent in-store points have showed up, but the online orders haven't yet... shot them an email, it'll be fixed eventually!

Edit: Points updated with "Transaction Points Not Awarded" activity description.. and they rounded up generously to the next thousand points!

Seconded. Just got off the phone, even though they said 60 minute hold time it was only 5 minutes. The guy was very nice, said it was a known issue with points not posting and not only posted 20k to my account for the game coin, but gave me points for my purchases over the weekend as well. All in all not a bad experience at all.
Same here, it took less than 3 minutes to connect. The rep said the problem was that my account wasn't showing that I even picked up the Avengers. The guy had to search the store info and then he gave me the $10. Its probably better this way so I don't have to rush to spend it..

And still won't let me use a gift card at check out on the website.  Wish they would get this fixed as According to the store tracker no stores in my state have any copies of langrisser. 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-09-09-gamestop-will-close-another-400-to-450-stores-this-fiscal-year

"At the end of last year, GameStop had projected it would close as many or more stores than it had in 2019, a total of 321 that the company has already exceeded for this year."

They have closed 388 stores so far with more to come. It may not even stop at 450. I remember last year when people were telling me that they only planned to close 321 stores this year because they misunderstood what Gamestop has said (along with other misquotes).

Overall not good news again today for Gamestop. They need these new consoles.

The closest four GameStops to me have all closed. It’s not a horrible trek to the new-closest one, but it’s frustrating enough that I’ll probably burn my credit on a new console or two and rely on digital for most of my game purchases.

I think it’s a little unfair to compare closures from last year to this year. We’re in the middle of a global pandemic, of course there will be more closures. Look at how many businesses have closed permanently during all this. Next year will be the big test of whether they survive or not.

Overall not good news again today for Gamestop. They need these new consoles.
Amazing how online sales were up 800% and their numbers still disappointed.

Problem is, they need new software more than consoles and with these cheaper, all digital systems it will be tough sledding for them. I’m not renewing my Pro membership in a couple months.

The closest four GameStops to me have all closed. It’s not a horrible trek to the new-closest one, but it’s frustrating enough that I’ll probably burn my credit on a new console or two and rely on digital for most of my game purchases.
I feel the same way. The store that was only 5 minutes from my house, closed down. Between that and the $5 monthly PUR cert limitations, after this Black Friday, I am going to blow my trade credit and be finished with Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back