2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Retailers make almost nothing on consoles. They might get $15-20 profit per console sold (5-8%). They make money on the games and accessories they attach to the sale. The store I worked for was paying microsoft ~$285 for xbox 360s and selling them for $299. I am sure this has not changed.
Can confirm this hasn't changed. I do wonder whether retailers will start scaling back even their already reduced floor space for the video games and these consoles as MS drives the whole industry to a predominantly digital business.

Finally after however long its been I managed to get through to cs today.  They said it will take 24 hours but should be able to use my gift card to check out.  Hopefully this actually works. 

Didn't see it in the ad, but the trade page shows +20% bonus for Mario 3D All-stars if anyone is so inclined :beer:

6sLePEm.png

Weird. Maybe it’s a. android vs iOS thing?
Seems like the iOS GS app just hasn't updated yet is my guess. Would be nice if more things would be integrated rather than link to the webpage. I'm not a huge fan on the app cart as it doesn't show the discounts individually, but maybe the update will fix that!

As far as looking up trade-values on the app - I've stopped wasting data / time / covid-air on arguing trade values in store - if I don't like the one that rings up I just ask them to take it off and I'll keep the game for another time. :bs:

Is it worth contacting CS about the game coin if I traded Madden 21 in, but the associate processed it as a return? Picked up the game on launch day, and traded it in within 48 hours. Not sure why the associate processed it as a return since the game wasn't in the shrink wrap.
I mean you only had it for 48 hrs. They are gonna sell it as “new” regardless.

I definitely agree with that. I thought they may come out with separate trade values for the S vs. the X. This definitely changes my console upgrade plans, but I’m sure it will work out.
For that matter they should give an extra $75-100 trade credit if you preorder the DISC version of either console. Might help them down the road.

For that matter they should give an extra $75-100 trade credit if you preorder the DISC version of either console. Might help them down the road.
It's an interesting thought. But in the past for console releases, like the PS4 and XBox One, when they offered large amounts... I have heard that Microsoft and Sony were reimbursing them in some way for giving so much bonus on trades. But with the new consoles not having large hardware profit margins for MS or Sony due to the expensive hardware... I'm not sure Microsoft or Sony would want to reimburse anyone for larger tradeins.

Gamestop Xbox Series S/X preorder will not be allocated per store.  One company wide allocation, first come, first serve.

Is there a 1 console per person limit or no?
There was with PS4 and Xbox One so I'm assuming this time around there will be too. I know I made a second gamestop account with a different phone number so I could get 2. One for me, and the other for me but I let my girlfriend play.

My Gamestop in Batavia NY, just called me and I switched my Far Cry 6 pre-order to the Disc PS5 just now. The manager said I will get an email shortly. He said he had a few pre-orders left.

Got my preorder. The last all-digital preorder was sold when I walked in the door. There were four disc drive consoles remaining after I checked out.

Do I want one? Maybe.
Do I need one? Definitely not.
Did I leave immediately when Gamestop associate called me? Absolutely!

Mission accomplished. I always said I would cash out for a PS5 with all my flipping credit, and today I did it. PS5 and controller pre ordered with 40 bucks left and a full PSN wallet. My flipping days are probably over now but I reached my goal.

I hope they make controllers in another color for launch though.

Mission accomplished. I always said I would cash out for a PS5 with all my flipping credit, and today I did it. PS5 and controller pre ordered with 40 bucks left and a full PSN wallet. My flipping days are probably over now but I reached my goal.

I hope they make controllers in another color for launch though.
I cashed out my credit as well. I passed on an extra controller for now, since I’m mainly a single player gamer. If there were alt colors I would’ve snagged one though.

Yup I’m all out, as well. I had $440 to spend, so not the whole console yet, but doing a trade will get me there with some to spend possibly on a Series X. I’m very hopeful that GameStop offers at least $250 for a One X/PS4 trade towards PS5. I feel like not having a $300 option for PlayStation would allow them to offer a bit more to entice trade ins. Especially since they’re currently selling preowned 4 Pro and One X for $370.

I really need for the Series X preorder to go smoothly on Tuesday I want to cash out and I missed the PS5 preorders at my local store. I know at one point my GameStop was taking people names and numbers down to be contacted about the new systems and the PS5 list for like 4 times as big as the Xbox one. But now with people having a scalper mentality because everything is so scarce I assume it’s going to be a nightmare. Plus with their All-access program getting both systems isn’t that much of a hit on the pocketbook at launch. Two of the guys I work are pure PS guys and both of them are also getting XB Series S systems because of All-Access.

Anyone else being told they've been blocked from the Gamestop website?
Was just coming here to ask this too. Shows the same for me when I try their site and it seems like some people on Twitter are having the same issue. Their website probably crashed from all the traffic they're getting.

I cashed out my credit as well. I passed on an extra controller for now, since I’m mainly a single player gamer. If there were alt colors I would’ve snagged one though.
I figure I can always cancel that if I decide later. Launch games I have enough PSN credit, but I have a friend the comes over to game and no extra controller. No 2 player games really though, so maybe it was a bad move.

Panicked for a second lol, was just curious if the PS5 pre-order had reflected on my PowerUp account yet
It has not shown up on my account yet. I checked the app, nothing there.

GameStop has implemented its anti flipper final solution, you are permanently blocked if you have been found to have made an overall profit on your trade ins

their shitty website fucked me and i wasn't able to get one...and stores by me are out already...awesome /s

it's actually still in my cart on the website but it's just taunting me telling me they can't let me proceed...

$5 credit for any PS4/XB1/Switch game towards a PS5 game >> looks like its time to credit out even if we don't have a PS5! 

(FINE PRINT. Game Must be Min $5 value...9-16 to 10-5)

So the controller I preordered now shows up on the desktop pre orders page but still no system yet. And nothing on the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back