2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shows on the app, when I ordered over the phone it said "SKU Available" when I checked. Now on the App it says Playstation 5 Console 56 days left. I cant click on it though it says "unable to look up product".

$5 credit for any PS4/XB1/Switch game towards a PS5 game >> looks like its time to credit out even if we don't have a PS5!

(FINE PRINT. Game Must be Min $5 value...9-16 to 10-5)
Was this advertised in store or referenced somewhere online on the website?

Was this advertised in store or referenced somewhere online on the website?
It's on the website:

vSMZxnk.png

Mine shows on the app, when I ordered over the phone it said "SKU Available" when I checked. Now on the App it says Playstation 5 Console 56 days left. I cant click on it though it says "unable to look up product".
I still only have the controller on the desktop and nothing on the app. Normally I wouldn't worry, but this has all been a cluster.

I still only have the controller on the desktop and nothing on the app. Normally I wouldn't worry, but this has all been a cluster.
Hopefully it just takes time, I ordered when they called me at 6:27 ET. I just checked the website and it shows the PS5 but it also shows the far Cry 6 game that they switched to the PS5 order over the phone. The weird thing is the app shows Watch dogs legion and the PS5 but the website shows those and 3 other pre-orders I did in store.

Console trade bonuses now apply to PS5 as well

$200 - X1X, PS4 Pro

$175 - Switch, PS4 Slim 1TB

$125 - Switch Lite, X1S, PS4 500GB

$100 - X1 500GB

Console trade bonuses now apply to PS5 as well

$200 - X1X, PS4 Pro
$175 - Switch, PS4 Slim 1TB
$125 - Switch Lite, X1S, PS4 500GB
$100 - X1 500GB
Obviously not a big surprise that they would match the Xbox promo, but it's disappointing that the One X and 4 Pro are only getting $25 boosts. There was a $25 boost just a couple of weeks ago without buying a console. I guess I'll have to look into selling elsewhere.

Got Avengers and 2k21 on launch day. Got the 2k certificate a week later. Avengers just showed up this morning
Looks like I also got my Game Coin for Avengers today which is a a relief considering I called GS Support about it yesterday morning and the rep I spoke with had no clue what I was talking about...

Having never traded a console for a new console pre-order before, what are the steps? Does the whole process need to be done in store, or can you secure an order online for store pickup and go in later with your trade stuff? The website says the hardware values are good through 11/30, does that mean I can put down a cash deposit now and bring in the old console when it is time to pick up the new one? Are any controllers considered a separate transaction (e.g. if I want to keep the Xbox controllers for Game Cloud/PC), or is a controller part of the price for the console? Thanks!

While running errands for some clients my friend calls saying that preorders were live in store and to go to nearest gamestop to get one in. Luckily I stopped in a random plaza to get some food as all I ate that day was a cereal bar lol, look outside the window and theres a gamestop. fuck YEA! Grab my food and run over. Theres already a line to the door, 6 people in front of me. I think its been live for well over an hour at this point and I overhear the GA on the phone saying that they only have 4 physical copies left right as I'm about to preorder one. Leave happy af. The line at this point is well out the door. Hope some of those people were able to get a digital one if anything. Only downside is that this GS is a good 45 mins from where I live and in the straight up ghetto.. There were 2 baby mamas in front of me letting their kids play with and destroy most the fortnite toys. No one gave af. ahhh the ghetto.

Where do you see your game coin if you randomly actually receive it?  Digital locker with the $5 PUR monthly coupon and points cents?  2 calls and still nothing here

While running errands for some clients my friend calls saying that preorders were live in store and to go to nearest gamestop to get one in. Luckily I stopped in a random plaza to get some food as all I ate that day was a cereal bar lol, look outside the window and theres a gamestop. fuck YEA! Grab my food and run over. Theres already a line to the door, 6 people in front of me. I think its been live for well over an hour at this point and I overhear the GA on the phone saying that they only have 4 physical copies left right as I'm about to preorder one. Leave happy af. The line at this point is well out the door. Hope some of those people were able to get a digital one if anything. Only downside is that this GS is a good 45 mins from where I live and in the straight up ghetto.. There were 2 baby mamas in front of me letting their kids play with and destroy most the fortnite toys. No one gave af. ahhh the ghetto.
Congrats!

Drove by my local GameStop a half hour ago and the the line was 30+ people. Wonder if they even had preorders since they were doing them last night before close

So I just joined the pro rewards. I guess I’d been out of the loop for too long - you get a $5 credit every month and it was only $12.99 to join at the POS. That seems like a pretty fantastic deal.

Poor crew in there are answering the phone saying “thank you for calling Ganestop we’re sold out of PS5 preorders how can I help you”.

I haven’t seen this anywhere...does anybody know if you can put a “down payment” on the XBox All Access to lower your monthly payments? Say I trade in my One X towards it.

Ran into gamestop to unload all the games I had, walked out with $600 in credit. PS5s were sold out since yesterday at 6pm, no big deal... I'll just wait for the next batch and get it at GS once I can 

I haven’t seen this anywhere...does anybody know if you can put a “down payment” on the XBox All Access to lower your monthly payments? Say I trade in my One X towards it.
All Access isn't through GameStop, so there shouldn't be any way to pay for it in trade credit. I assume GameStop will just have a click through link to order them and might get some sort of rebate from Microsoft for signing people up. It's a line of credit through Citizen One Bank.

Gamestop is going to have a problem with these X% trade-ins toward pre-orders when tons of people buy the diskless consoles and aren't buying physical games.

Gamestop is going to have a problem with these X% trade-ins toward pre-orders when tons of people buy the diskless consoles and aren't buying physical games.
I believe I read that one of the deals they made is that they are finally making some money on things like PSN cards and such. That was the "unlocked new revenue streams" that they referred to in one of their financial statements. It's in the best interests of companies to keep places like Gamestop in business so people can buy the hardware...like they are trying to do now.

All Access isn't through GameStop, so there shouldn't be any way to pay for it in trade credit. I assume GameStop will just have a click through link to order them and might get some sort of rebate from Microsoft for signing people up. It's a line of credit through Citizen One Bank.
Thanks that makes sense to me. And there’s no upgrade path through Microsoft either is there? Worst comes to worse I can trade my One X towards Ps5 stuff

Where do you see your game coin if you randomly actually receive it? Digital locker with the $5 PUR monthly coupon and points cents? 2 calls and still nothing here
My Avengers one came up under my Active Offers.

*PUR - $10 Game Coin Marvel's Avengers Standard Edition Paid in Full - Expires 9/25/20

Is it possible to use reward certs on pre-orders? Have a few hundreds that I want to put down the PS5 but if I can't guess I can buy something and trade it in. Or buy a game and trade it back with G2L.

I was waiting in line at my local Gamestop for a PS5, and right when I get to the counter the clerk says very loudly "Sorry sir, that was the last one!"

Then he gave me a wink and a shush, and slipped a preorder receipt across the counter to me.

I was waiting in line at my local Gamestop for a PS5, and right when I get to the counter the clerk says very loudly "Sorry sir, that was the last one!"

Then he gave me a wink and a shush, and slipped a preorder receipt across the counter to me.
Wink and a shush, excellent reference. I lol’ed

It's on the website:
vSMZxnk.png
Because I like to test things out, here are the results:

+$5 Switch game promo is still active and just needs to be $2+ TIV (also doesn’t need a PS5 game preorder to trigger)
+$5 PS4/XB1 only applies to games over $5 TIV as described
You can't pre-order FFXVI or God of War Next, so you need to put at least $5 down on whatever PS5 game is in the system.

Manager said all the GS in the area sold-out of PS5s yesterday, with a "NO PS5 AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER" sign right on the door. :bomb:

I wonder what the process will be for people who want to preorder via the all-access plan? Do they put $50 down for now and do the credit check and everything else when the console releases? Or do they do everything on Tuesday or whenever they are able to preorder? Would suck to have to wait while GameStop has to call in credit checks and all that other stuff. I know this is probably a stupid thought but I’m so paranoid about missing out on a Series X via GS I just want to cash out and be done with the place. I have like $350 in credit and enough points for $95 in coupons.

Because I like to test things out, here are the results:

+$5 Switch game promo is still active and just needs to be $2+ TIV

+$5 PS4/XB1 only applies to games over $5 TIV as described

You can't pre-order FFXVI or God of War Next, so you need to put at least $5 down on whatever PS5 game is in the system.

Manager said all the GS in the area sold-out of PS5s yesterday, with a "NO PS5 AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER" sign right on the door. :bomb:
Thanks for posting this, my local family video is closing soon so all there games are marked down, just stocked up recently on a handful and this promo will help with just preordering my PS5 yesterday.

Thanks that makes sense to me. And there’s no upgrade path through Microsoft either is there? Worst comes to worse I can trade my One X towards Ps5 stuff
I think the only upgrade I know of would be if you were already in the Xbox All Access program and did the trade-upgrade through them since I think there was a provision in the deal where you could upgrade to the new systems at a certain point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back