2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we not indulge the idiot that calls himself flip god? There's around 300+ XB1 games and 500-600 PS4 games that are eligible. It's pointless to list them out even if you're being helpful. Let him fend for himself and check values on his own, especially if he's trying to flip.  

Anyone know? I’ve tried new game, pre-owned, sale, non sale, digital currency. It keeps saying not valid. It expires tomorrow so I’m just trying to get rid of it.
I had no luck using them online. Ended up just using them in-store on Xbox credit (I had 2 and was able to use them in the same transaction on 2 $10 Xbox codes).

Stealth bump seems to have taken place? Skyrim for PS4 went to 11, was 7 last week

Edit - just saw the last post. I assume this is all have to do with the Zenimax purchase.

All 14 games that I traded in yesterday are still the same trade in price. Maybe only a bump for a few of the more newer, popular titles.

A head up, Just Cause 4 is trading in for almost $2] before promo and Walmart around me have it at $10
Pre-owned at GS is $17.99 ($15.11 with CAG16), and yeah, currently trades for $19.80 + $5 next-gen pre-order... if you have a few stores close to each other, you could boomerang for a few bucks, but I wouldn't drive around town for it.

Of course there's no 40/50% off X number of pre-owned titles...

For those that made an online preorder for Mario 3D All-Stars from gamestop, did it arrive new or "gamestop new"?

Traded in 38 games for $300. Got the $5 bonus without putting all the money towards the game. Most of the games were older PS4 games and selling individually on ebay would have gotten me $500 before fees. Overall i'm very happy with $300 for minimal effort. Thanks for all the help!

Traded in 38 games for $300. Got the $5 bonus without putting all the money towards the game. Most of the games were older PS4 games and selling individually on ebay would have gotten me $500 before fees. Overall i'm very happy with $300 for minimal effort. Thanks for all the help!

Whats nice too is you get to keep some, most, or all of the ps4 cases incase you ever decide to rebuy.

Does the extra $5 trade-in count towards all trade-ins over $2 or just one game for one preorder? I know the % bonus applies to all eligible trades at that moment, but you never know with Gamestop.

Yes goo gone is a last resort. Peeling the sticker off and using it to get what is left over is about the only way to get goodwill and arc tags off. I feel like the current GS tags come off without an issue, but the "new" seals only come off with goo gone.
I saw this and was like oh, this gent must be from the front range.

*PowerUp members get $30 Game Coin when you spend $300 in qualifying purchases between 9/13/20 – 11/22/20. $300 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible). Game Coins delivered via active offers 7 – 14 days post transaction. Coupon valid until 1/2/2021. Limit one Game Coin coupon per transaction. Shipping may apply. Terms subject to change.

*PowerUp members get $30 Game Coin when you spend $300 in qualifying purchases between 9/13/20 – 11/22/20. $300 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible). Game Coins delivered via active offers 7 – 14 days post transaction. Coupon valid until 1/2/2021. Limit one Game Coin coupon per transaction. Shipping may apply. Terms subject to change.
Of course they would exclude new hardware, but not pre-owned. Was originally hoping that my PS5 pre-order would count, but then I remembered this was GameStop...

$300 over that time period should be easy to hit... especially if it goes back to 9-13...  :beer:

Hey everyone, I’m looking to trade in some games to take advantage of the $5 bonus offer. Is GameStop trade in credit valid for PSN gift cards? Or no?
Should work for PSN and XBOX digital currencies. I used a bunch of trade credit recently and converted it to M$ dollars and used it to order my XSX on the M$ website.

...that was my experience, FWIW.

Noticed FF X/X-2 on (Xbox One) and FFXII The Zodiac Age (Switch) has a TIV of $35 base on the app.
If I hadn't already tapped out all my TC, I'd be all over this. $14 profit on each. It's too late to get it shipped in time but one of my local stores has 3+ copies of Zodiac Age. Maybe tomorrow after I start rebuilding my credit.

Anyone able to confirm if we even need to  trade in towards a PS5 game to get the +$5 on PS4/XB1 games? 

Thanks for the tip on the FFXII, have 2 copies on hand from the last 50% off   :beer: FFX on XB1 is a bit surprising though!

Anyone able to confirm if we even need to trade in towards a PS5 game to get the +$5 on PS4/XB1 games?

Thanks for the tip on the FFXII, have 2 copies on hand from the last 50% off :beer: FFX on XB1 is a bit surprising though!
You need to trade towards a PS4 game. I asked to only put $5 down. The employee allowed me to do it, but said that for future reference i would have to put the full value down.

PSA Remember that any game with a TIV over $25 should be traded toward a 20% bonus game, not a PS5/XSX $5 bonus game. A good candidate would be Fifa 21 which releases 10/9 with a $10 game coin and should be G2L.

FYI Zodiac Age Switch is coming up as $34.99 in store despite being $27.99 on app. I was able to get an in store adjustment but YMMV, it's still an okay flip with a 20% boost, but not as much profit to be had.

Thoughts on the extra 20% coming for some ps5 titles like demon, Miles, and godfall? Should I wait or get on the extra 5 dollar now. I got doom eternal, modern warfare, uncharted 4, bloodborne,and Arkham knight.

Thoughts on the extra 20% coming for some ps5 titles like demon, Miles, and godfall? Should I wait or get on the extra 5 dollar now. I got doom eternal, modern warfare, uncharted 4, bloodborne,and Arkham knight.
Imo, I think the 20% should be on high Trade-in credit. The $5 would be on small game value around $2-10 range.

Someone posted it earlier. The break even point between both promos is $25 base credit.

$5-$25: Trade those games in for the PS5 pre-order $5 extra TIC deal. (remember: only valid on games that are base $5 or more)

$26+: Trade those in using a 20% bonus TIC for upcoming games...you'll net more TIC that way.

Hope this helps, and somebody please correct me if i'm wrong. This is NOT taking into account any PUR 10% trade in bonus.

Metro Exodus on both PS4 and Xbox one is another decent flip. $18 base TIV, selling used for $17.99. Most retailers are selling new copies at $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back