2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's everything I traded in that was a better deal than selling it on Ebay. Value is with Pro and $5 bonus. Got enough for a PS5

Code:
Switch	FIFA 19		$13.80
Switch	Fire Emblem Three Houses		$38.00
Switch	Mud Runner American Wilds		$16.00
XBOX One	Conan Exiles Day One Edition 		$12.70
XBOX One	Crash N. Sane Trilogy		$21.50
XBOX One	Disney's Aladdin & The Lion King		$12.15
XBOX One	Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege		$13.80
XBOX One	World War Z		$16.00
XBOX One	WWE 2K19 		$12.70
XBOX One	Red Dead Redemption 2		$21.50
PS4	Samurai Shodown		$16.00
PS4	Dark Souls III Fire Fades Edition		$12.70
PS4	Astroneer		$16.00
PS4	Disney's Aladdin & The Lion King		$16.00
PS4	FIFA 20		$21.50
PS4	Generation Zero		$12.15
PS4	Minecraft Playstation 4 Edition		$16.00
PS4	Mud Runner American Wilds		$16.00
PS4	Overwatch GOTY Edition		$16.00
PS4	Overwatch Origins Edition		$16.00
PS4	Street Outlaws The List		$18.20
PS4	Transformers Devastation		$16.00
PS4	Unicorn Princess, The 		$16.00
PS4	Witcher 3: Wild Hunt		$12.70
PS4	Resident Evil 6		$16.00
PS4	Call of Duty Black Ops III		$21.50
PS4	Call of Duty Black Ops 4		$10.50

I see ~$75 but wow yeah. What’s up with that?
The cheapest US version one right now is $98.90. It has sold for $100. Its hard to find, its one of only two PGA Golf games released this gen I think, and EA took it out of the digital stores so a physical copy is the only way to play it.

The cheapest US version one right now is $98.90. It has sold for $100. Its hard to find, its one of only two PGA Golf games released this gen I think, and EA took it out of the digital stores so a physical copy is the only way to play it.
to add to this, EA lost the license (this is why digital was removed) because they didnt make a game after this one got alot of negative feedback for only having a few courses at launch. (many more have since been added for free) now 2k has the license so this is the last EA PGA licensed golf game. (at least this gen)

Hopefully 50% off 5 under 20 is still going on tomorrow, was able to turn 400 credit into 580 + a fully paid off demon souls by hitting up just 3 GameStop! The boomerangs with this $5 bonus are awesome

Anyone pre order the PS5 headset from GameStop? Anyone know if those pre orders are sold out like the consoles? Looks like the headset is sold out everywhere and I kinda want one now so was thinking maybe that's something people might not have thought to pre order? Might just have to try my luck on launch day.

Here's everything I traded in that was a better deal than selling it on Ebay. Value is with Pro and $5 bonus. Got enough for a PS5

Switch FIFA 19 $13.80
Switch Fire Emblem Three Houses $38.00
Switch Mud Runner American Wilds $16.00
XBOX One Conan Exiles Day One Edition $12.70
XBOX One Crash N. Sane Trilogy $21.50
XBOX One Disney's Aladdin & The Lion King $12.15
XBOX One Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege $13.80
XBOX One World War Z $16.00
XBOX One WWE 2K19 $12.70
XBOX One Red Dead Redemption 2 $21.50
PS4 Samurai Shodown $16.00
PS4 Dark Souls III Fire Fades Edition $12.70
PS4 Astroneer $16.00
PS4 Disney's Aladdin & The Lion King $16.00
PS4 FIFA 20 $21.50
PS4 Generation Zero $12.15
PS4 Minecraft Playstation 4 Edition $16.00
PS4 Mud Runner American Wilds $16.00
PS4 Overwatch GOTY Edition $16.00
PS4 Overwatch Origins Edition $16.00
PS4 Street Outlaws The List $18.20
PS4 Transformers Devastation $16.00
PS4 Unicorn Princess, The $16.00
PS4 Witcher 3: Wild Hunt $12.70
PS4 Resident Evil 6 $16.00
PS4 Call of Duty Black Ops III $21.50
PS4 Call of Duty Black Ops 4 $10.50
Is this all stuff you bought specifically to trade in/sell?

Yeah, I dropped off some games today for that promo and strangely it didn't want to apply to Doom Eternal for Xbox and they had to manually adjust it. Keep an eye on your trades to make sure they're all applying.
I just came here to say the same. They didn't adjust it so I lost a couple bucks on that one.

I may have be close to pushing it too much, but

If the point of trade in promos is about FOMO  - why trade ban for using it as intended?

Anyone pre order the PS5 headset from GameStop? Anyone know if those pre orders are sold out like the consoles? Looks like the headset is sold out everywhere and I kinda want one now so was thinking maybe that's something people might not have thought to pre order? Might just have to try my luck on launch day.
Minus the controllers, everything is sold out in store. In fact, the store I go to only got one of the charging kits.

I may have be close to pushing it too much, but

If the point of trade in promos is about FOMO - why trade ban for using it as intended?
Deep down inside, they love you and are happy to take trades, increase their metrics.

My GameStops have all been pretty slow the last couple of days. This is the best/easiest flip since 2017, and nobody is noticing/taking advantage of it. I'm guessing it's because the 50% off isn't being advertised? At first I was annoyed with the online inventory tracker, but I've been finding a lot of good shit. One store SOMEHOW had an RE3 Collector's Edition that must've been in the back, since I didn't notice it yesterday and she said it was a cancelled preorder. That store also had 4 wireless Genesis controllers for $12 each, and she told me they wouldn't work on PS3 since they were only for Genesis (bless her heart). Picked up a HOTAS 4 for PS4 at another store, and an amiibo Power Saves. 

I did have a funny moment while waiting in line to get into a mall store that was enforcing the occupancy limit, some yokel was looking at my stack of PS4 games and wanted to buy them, not realizing they were trading in for $16 a pop . All in all a great weekend that I never thought I'd get to experience again since they killed Elite Pro.

This

Thanks for this info, I had never heard about the light trick before. Guess my cheap white 2 is legit.
Yep. That's why I was warning you about heart gold since that one is very heavily pirated. White 2 I doubt is pirated as much since it got a decent sized print and wasn't going for as much as gold and silver ds remakes were for years. So as I said I highly recommend verifying whether its real or not. One of the easiest ways though is to try and do the minigames in goldenrod. Pirated copies can't make the minigame work. Another tell tale sign is it not working with the pokewalker thing assuming you have one to test with.

-New ad up // Watch Dogs: Legion PS4/XB1 offering up to $20 game coin on preorder and p/u

-Still offering $5 extra TIC for any Switch games with $2 base or more

-Starting to push PC parts on there. lol would put this store credit to use if they ever get 3080's

GameStop employees take bribes occasionally, to look the other way. They accept GPG's, and glowing surveys as payment. It is highly effective (and recommended) ! O:)
Noted, will do. Recently discovered that surveys are one of the best CA(Person) deals in general

GS shouldn't be too mad. We're doing inventory for them :D/

50% off 5+ $20 and under doesn't show up on the homepage but is still active in cart as of this AM. Maybe will still work in store today? 

40% off 4+ $30 and under looks like the upcoming promo this week, not active yet. 

Guess they are attempting to ensure promos / prices don't stack at any point during the weekly transition?  :whistle2:

50% off 5+ $20 and under doesn't show up on the homepage but is still active in cart as of this AM. Maybe will still work in store today?

40% off 4+ $30 and under looks like the upcoming promo this week, not active yet.

Guess they are attempting to ensure promos / prices don't stack at any point during the weekly transition? :whistle2:
I was in store yesterday and noticed some price stickers didn’t jive with their current online prices. They were dated just a few days old, but it clicked after seeing jc4 in the ad at 19.99. I thought I might have been at a test store. Anyways, the only other one I remember was black ops 4 xb1 at 24.99.

I got an email that says the 50% off deal is part of this weekend’s fall sale- which runs from 9/25-9/27. So today is the last day.[attachment=34679:F6B96D76-B37D-4011-904D-A0E9521F61E4.jpeg]

Watch dog legion for PS4/X1 is definitely the way to go then if you’re considering the game, the ps5 version doesn’t list the game coin but the PS4/X1 version gets a free upgrade so no point in grabbing ps5/XSX

If I do the +5 TIV towards PS5 games, will I lose the bonus or get in trouble later on if I cancel the preorders and put the credit towards a console or other games?

Flash sale change:

Up to 40% off on games $29.99, but it still seems stuck at the $19.99 price mark in the cart. Not bad depending on what you're into. Glad I snagged the half-offs yesterday though.

Damn, Gamestop's website is... pretty nice now except whenever I search for a used game, it always shows the "add to cart" button by default even with it not being in stock on the website (and obviously, depends on local store but they're all OOS any hard to find games). I was able to chat with someone and get my question answered too on the monthly PUR cert. 

Overall though, I don't get why they didn't just wait to launch this update vs release the update before it which was sketchy/took months before it got to a reasonably functional level.  

Does anybody know if the online rewards coupons work now? I am looking to buy some move controllers but I don't want to get burnt and waste my points again. 

Flash sale change:

Up to 40% off on games $29.99, but it still seems stuck at the $19.99 price mark in the cart. Not bad depending on what you're into. Glad I snagged the half-offs yesterday though.
Half off 5+ $19.99 is still working online so it may be live still in store too

Ok GS app finally forced an update on my phone (android).

I looked everywhere on the app, looked back a couple of pages here, and googled this but I can not find where my PUR card shows.  Any idea how to find it?  or did they take that out?

Ok GS app finally forced an update on my phone (android).

I looked everywhere on the app, looked back a couple of pages here, and googled this but I can not find where my PUR card shows. Any idea how to find it? or did they take that out?
they took it, and every decent thing about the old app, out.

hell, you cant even look at trade values on the updated app. a gamestop app that doesnt show trade values....

50% off 5 or more $19.99 definitely still works in store. There website shows the promo ends today.

Was just forced to pre-order 10 games when I traded in 10 to get the bonus...they wouldn’t budge and insisted people at other stores got fired for only allowing $5 towards one game...I even offered to put all of the bonus ($50) onto 1 game but they said the bonus was per game (we all know that’s bullshit)

blast on survey and try to call back for a manager (they weren’t wearing nametags but I don’t think either of them were management...seemed very confused by the promotion)?

Was just forced to pre-order 10 games when I traded in 10 to get the bonus...they wouldn’t budge and insisted people at other stores got fired for only allowing $5 towards one game...I even offered to put all of the bonus ($50) onto 1 game but they said the bonus was per game (we all know that’s bullshit)

blast on survey and try to call back for a manager (they weren’t wearing nametags but I don’t think either of them were management...seemed very confused by the promotion)?
Go back and cancel all 10 of them

I've had a store try to pull something like that in the past and I stood my ground, they would have to go in and manually adjust each games value down which I think needs manager approval anyway which is a lot of hassle. I asked them to show me where it says that in the fine print, they couldn't and they said they would do it as a "one time exception". No one is getting fired during the pandemic for showing up to work and doing their job. I just go to a different store now that is way more relaxed and I don't have to worry about that stuff anymore.

Was just forced to pre-order 10 games when I traded in 10 to get the bonus..
Same here, they were just wanting to get their numbers up.

That's cool, they're all getting cancelled anyway or transferred anyway.

If you want to be a dik have that specific person cancel all 10 in one day since it affects their performance numbers. If you want to be less of a dik just cancel or transfer one or two a week.

Ideally would be having another store transfer those deposits onto to a GS you actually do enjoy

At that point I would just walk out and use a different store to trade.
I would have but I had a trunk full of frozen food and the only other local store was where I just bought them lol...I could have waited until tomorrow and did closer to work but was afraid the values might drop...

I had to do this at one store last +$5 any game... manager wouldn't' budge as well, but they interpreted it as the bonus $5 had to be put towards a preorder, so with ~100 games = ~$500 worth of preorders. I ended up cancelling all of them later which put a couple comments onto my account and apparently some thread in GS's local forum complaining. :bomb:

I get the feeling if you had cut bait an run, they might have called nearby stores today instead of when you cancelled the pre-orders hehe. But lesson learned.. don't cancel pre-orders... merge / transfer them!

We're doing inventory for them :D/
That is exactly what I felt like I was doing these last two days. The two mall stores near me are always pretty picked clean - so when I come in with a big tote of games, they seem quite happy. Today when I returned with another tote, I asked where the last set of games I brought in yesterday went - he said they sold already... so yea....

Inventory management! :beer: Back at the 2k limit, time to take a break until next MWT. It does seem like +5 switch might be a thing until COVID is over.. but fliptential is mediocre.

Ideal situation = 28 PS4/XB1 games costing $17.99 (that trade in for $11+5 = 16) = buy 6 copies of each for $9 = $1512 trade credit spent. (no tax state ftw) = 168 games. Trade 4 sets of those games back into 4 stores for 112*$16 = $1792 credit. Trade the last two sets in for cash = $493. So your time = $281 credit + $493 cash for "free" (-$20 for gas!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back