2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate how fickle gamestop employees are. I traded in some of the brand new games I had bought on sale and never played. I took them out of the plastic wrap of course. The girl tried to charge me a refurb fee saying that some of them were damaged. I had just opened them in my car a minute before trading them in like how the heck can they be damaged when they were literally new.

I told her they were new and she wouldn’t budge, so I went to a gamestop 15 minutes away and the employee traded them all in, no refurb fee.
Next time, ask her to point out said damage. Or just don't go there again.

Next time, ask her to point out said damage. Or just don't go there again.
I did. She said it was top layer damaged. It wasn’t damaged, the disc just had white in it, but like I said she wouldn’t budge. And I didn’t feel like getting into a full blown argument.

Normally when I go there the manager is there and he’s fair when it comes to refurb fees. No idea what her problem was.

Got an animal crossing edition switch delivered today (from an online order)...is it a d**k move to go to the store and process a return/rebuy in order to get a military discount as well as burn up some trade credit I recently got for the +$5 deal? 

I keep forgetting to use it on smaller purchases, but the employees are always encouraging me when I use it to make sure I keep asking for it.

Don't want to hurt their metrics for returns...but I do remember seeing a few weeks back that if the employee knows what they're doing, they can process the return/rebuy against the warehouse, not the store.

I hate how fickle gamestop employees are. I traded in some of the brand new games I had bought on sale and never played. I took them out of the plastic wrap of course. The girl tried to charge me a refurb fee saying that some of them were damaged. I had just opened them in my car a minute before trading them in like how the heck can they be damaged when they were literally new.

I told her they were new and she wouldn’t budge, so I went to a gamestop 15 minutes away and the employee traded them all in, no refurb fee.
I had one try to charge me refurb once because I didn't have the original cases. I burned him on the survey and ended up speaking to the DM. Turns out it wasn't his fault, the store manager had told him to start doing that.

Got an animal crossing edition switch delivered today (from an online order)...is it a d**k move to go to the store and process a return/rebuy in order to get a military discount as well as burn up some trade credit I recently got for the +$5 deal?

I keep forgetting to use it on smaller purchases, but the employees are always encouraging me when I use it to make sure I keep asking for it.

Don't want to hurt their metrics for returns...but I do remember seeing a few weeks back that if the employee knows what they're doing, they can process the return/rebuy against the warehouse, not the store.
To each their own, but in this case I would just take it to a GS where people might like / remember me. Explain to them the situation exactly like your post, and just lay it out.... you don't want to hurt their personal metrics (or the stores, if you like the store), you would love to do a return / rebuy, and add the military discount. The payment method for the re-purchase shouldn't matter to them, but they may try to use the original payment method again if you don't specify.

I would let them answer your question directly. You see, even if there was a way to process an online return (not 100% sure, but heard rumors like you did), it probably wouldn't be fair to assume the particular employee knows how to handle it. Best to explain it and make sure it won't screw with their numbers.

Worst case, take it to a store you detest and do the return / rebuy without as much compassion.

I’d just call the store and run it by them so they can be prepared when/if you come in.

Thanks all, the store I go to has an awesome Manager who I know pretty well.  Before I call I'll do my two surveys (1 for the trade ins, the other for the $5 xbox credit) and then ask him.  Want to ensure I don't mess him or his folks up, they always take care of me.

Also, thanks to everyone who posted about the "use online first, then in store" trick for your monthly $5 coupon...totally worked for me yesterday! Was able to double-dip for a free $5 xbox code.

Thanks all, the store I go to has an awesome Manager who I know pretty well. Before I call I'll do my two surveys (1 for the trade ins, the other for the $5 xbox credit) and then ask him. Want to ensure I don't mess him or his folks up, they always take care of me.

Also, thanks to everyone who posted about the "use online first, then in store" trick for your monthly $5 coupon...totally worked for me yesterday! Was able to double-dip for a free $5 xbox code.
Returns should only affect them if the transaction goes into a negative (you getting money back). Return, rebuy and add a game to the same transaction it it will be fine.

I was told that consoles don’t work with the military discount. Did that change recently?

I was told that consoles don’t work with the military discount. Did that change recently?
I know I mentioned this in a previous post, but my experience was different when I purchased a console. I was able to use it for my Death Stranding PS4 Pro back in the holiday/January timeframe (can't remember exactly when)...if it has changed since then, it is news to me. Hoping that's not the case though.

I know I mentioned this in a previous post, but my experience was different when I purchased a console. I was able to use it for my Death Stranding PS4 Pro back in the holiday/January timeframe (can't remember exactly when)...if it has changed since then, it is news to me. Hoping that's not the case though.
Please let me know if it still works!

It also worked for me, the other way around. I went in store and bought a $5 Xbox gift card last week, then this week I used it online to buy a Nintendo Switch case that was on sale. I got it for $9.99 after coupon.

What does everyone use their monthly coupon on typically? Xbox codes seem like a no brainer in store, but I wasn't sure what to use them on online. 

What does everyone use their monthly coupon on typically? Xbox codes seem like a no brainer in store, but I wasn't sure what to use them on online.
I always manage to find a game in store every month to use it on. My stores always has some RPG or obscure titles clearanced ($25 or below) and I use the coupon on it monthly. Got Slay the Spire and 428: Shibuya Scramble recently

The military discount does not work on new consoles. It is supposed to work on pre-owned consoles.

military discount program does not include new video game hardware platforms, digital currency of any type, point-of-sale-activation cards, or any other type of gift cards. Additionally, the discount does not apply to sales, clearance or any other GameStop promotional items.

Ok, my app just updated and I can't find out were to look up trade values. Any help?

PS. It is as bad as people have mentioned so far. It's like a facsimile of their website, but feels even slower.

Not sure but I had no issues using it on Xbox credit. I was even able to get 2 $10 Xbox codes in the same transaction and use both game coins I had.
Perfect. That's all I needed to know, thanks.

I was either going to be using it on pre-owned deals to return into trade credit or Xbox credit if no deals available.

On the $5 extra towards next gen games, do games that are smart delivery but listed as xbox one count? Yakuza Like a Dragon is the only one I've not pre-ordered yet that I could get, but it's not listed as such on the site.

filled out the survey for the forced 10 pre-orders...asked to be contacted...honestly surprised no one has called me yet..
Last time I did that a store manager told me that DMs are no longer supposed to call you. Could be just this area, or he could have been talking out his ass, I don't know, but I never got called.

Last time I did that a store manager told me that DMs are no longer supposed to call you. Could be just this area, or he could have been talking out his ass, I don't know, but I never got called.
Then why even have the option there? If they really don’t call that’s really really shitty customer service....

lol, had an order for a used PS4 game and a Ghost of Tsushima POP show up also containing an Xbox controller. The packing slip only showed the expected items and had a "Packed by:" section listed. Maybe they were pissed about something and Gamestop's misfortune is my gain. I always wanted to try out an xbox controller for my PC!

Then why even have the option there?
tenor.gif

Anyone remember what page of the thread tells you how to use the 5 dollar monthly cert online and in store?
I can't remember the page but all I did was act dumb and say "hey don't I still have my $5 PUR coupon? I think it expires soon."...knowing full well I used it online already.

When you use it online, it still shows up in your active offers when you go in store. If you use it in store first, it disappears altogether. Learned that over a 2 month timeframe.

Is the 4 copy rule separate for cash?

When that 493 cash could be 896 credit instead... I use friends' accounts instead. I've found all the towns around me that don't require ID.
Yep, separate. I've got 15 stores within a 30 mile radius and un/fortunately they all kinda know who I am already and require ID.... so multiple accounts is too much effort to me. My OCD would try and hit the 2k limit twice. :bomb: Though in an ideal hypothetical situation, I have an out-of-state ID that expires when I'm 65 so could have used one account with that at 7 stores and my real one at 8... O:)

Holy restock batman. I just bought about 50 n64/snes titles, including this gem:
Yep, I got a set of Gameboy games I had on my wish-list... usually check those when I login to see if anything I had my eye on is in-stock... and hit that buy button asap .. 40% not the greatest, but better than nothing!

When you use it online, it still shows up in your active offers when you go in store. If you use it in store first, it disappears altogether. Learned that over a 2 month timeframe.
Yep and just to add - literally just write the monthly PUR code down every month in a text file or add it to your cart. I used my coupon in-store early this month, and can still add it to my cart right now (gotta spend it soon!). Last month I did the opposite (spend online first). Format for the monthly code should be something like: EBC306####-########

Yep, separate. I've got 15 stores within a 30 mile radius and un/fortunately they all kinda know who I am already and require ID.... so multiple accounts is too much effort to me. My OCD would try and hit the 2k limit twice. :bomb: Though in an ideal hypothetical situation, I have an out-of-state ID that expires when I'm 65 so could have used one account with that at 7 stores and my real one at 8... O:)

Yep, I got a set of Gameboy games I had on my wish-list... usually check those when I login to see if anything I had my eye on is in-stock... and hit that buy button asap .. 40% not the greatest, but better than nothing!

Yep and just to add - literally just write the monthly PUR code down every month in a text file or add it to your cart. I used my coupon in-store early this month, and can still add it to my cart right now (gotta spend it soon!). Last month I did the opposite (spend online first). Format for the monthly code should be something like: EBC306####-########
Wait so you can use the cert in store and online to save a total of $10?

Damn, totally missed those. What did you get? There were a bunch of n64 and snes titles that were $10-15 or less after the 40% that I've never even heard of, but they were so cheap I just bought them.

Got my first shipment from the 50% off sale. Can't believe all came complete with artwork and dlc codes. Not bad for around $8 a game

Got my first shipment from the 50% off sale. Can't believe all came complete with artwork and dlc codes. Not bad for around $8 a game
I'm rather impressed myself. The games mostly look like NOS, recently converted to pre-owned. The majority thus far came with a clean / non scuffed case, manuals (as applicable), and DLC codes. I tried the DLC code for a MM Legacy game and it worked.

The icing on the cake would be if they just left them sealed, but, alas .. I still like the purchase. I dig retro MM games, I'm super-duper happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back