2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure to check out the restock! Just spent $400 even after 50% off. Got a lot of ps4 games that I rarely see in stock pre owned like zanki zero, witch hundred knight, Alliance alive remastered, 428 shibuya, and a ton of vita games like tetris ultimate, assassin creed chronicles, senran kagura estival versus, hyperdevotion noire, toukiden 2. They even restocked ps vita consoles which are still expensive at $169.99.

So is GS taking in retro game trades again?
It's a very specific and small list, way down from what it once was. Most stuff is not even close to worth it. The stuff that sort of is you can get way, way more for elsewhere. Lots of stuff is listed as $0.01, like systems, which is just code for "we don't take that for now."

I really want to jump on this B6G50% off deal to pick up some cheaper Switch JRPGs but I just don't trust that they're not going to be in the original cases. 

I really want to jump on this B6G50% off deal to pick up some cheaper Switch JRPGs but I just don't trust that they're not going to be in the original cases.
Depending on how good the deal is and if you visit GS locations in person could be worth it to you...

Buy games with the 50% promo...gamble on cases/condition, find better stock at your local GS in the wild...buy, swap contents, return to another location under 7 day used return policy.

It can become a hassle unless you just enjoy the hunt...probably can get your account flagged if you get excessive with it but I have yet to have any issues.

Quite a few Nintendo Switch Lite Zacian and Zamazenta Editions (refurbished) are available for purchase. Debated getting one, but think I would be more interested in the retail box than the actual system to use as the Lite concept doesn't make sense to me at all. :oldman:

The real test will be if they're accurate and fully functional
I just want one for the shelf / display, as the DS is a far more practical / comfortable way to play GBA games.

Confirmed Bonus still going today.
How about... today!?

So is GS taking in retro game trades again?
Looks like. Or bought a big lot of retro consoles. A variety of special edition 3DS (NES / Pikachu / Zelda) limited editions are available amonst other things.

Depending on how good the deal is and if you visit GS locations in person could be worth it to you...

Buy games with the 50% promo...gamble on cases/condition, find better stock at your local GS in the wild...buy, swap contents, return to another location under 7 day used return policy.

It can become a hassle unless you just enjoy the hunt...probably can get your account flagged if you get excessive with it but I have yet to have any issues.
I have just swapped cases as long as I had an official enough looking GS-crap case with sticker to exchange. No need to buy or return anything! Many times they will have box art in the drawers as well. Just need to build that "friendly" store/associate list.

It’s worth trying for a few of what your most interested in. That’s how I started out...the only downsides are potentially wasting your time and patience returning junky condition games in store risking Covid during a pandemic (quick stops seem to be safe enough though)...and having to smell stacks of those gross black generic cases, they always seem to reek of an odd burnt smell, hate receiving those things. It’s fun that it can go the other way too. Got Bayonetta and Vanquish 10th anniversary collection PS4, hoping at least for complete, $12. Received the steelbook edition with slipcase! Newer games will often come complete with extras.

I’ve done a lot of returns and rebuying over the last 5 months. Like I said, probably close to 100 or so now. I had to call customer service about an issue. Either that, or just the amount I was doing, I probably do have some kind of note or flag, but you shouldn’t have to worry about that initially, even with lots of returns. I’m still finding a few things to get and occasional individual returns have been no problem. Employees now just seem to take a second to read or look things over on my account. I’ve slowed down, but otherwise still fine here. Like others have mentioned, the farther back you go in release date of the game, the higher your chances of receiving junk. Handheld games are less likely to have case as well, many stores are still instructed to throw out the cases for those and sell cart only.

October 6th and I still haven't received my Crash 4 preorder. The ship tracking hasn't updated since 10/03 because I believe that is when it was handed off to USPS. I received one of the two hats I ordered, a Switch game (NEW but opened of course) and the Crash TNT light arrived yesterday. I'm still waiting for Crash 4 and my other hat.

Im surprised 50% hasn't hit the stores again to be honest. Makes no sense. Last time I went into a few Gamestops, found only a game or two I wanted each time, but impulse bought more to hit 5. Cynical me thinks keeping it online only is their way to move dead disc only stock that no one wants, so I'm not going to gamble.

Well, that's unfounded because online orders can ship from anywhere. You place one order and your games can come from three different stores. It's actually kind of annoying to get multiple packages and hope that they're all the right items.

Anyone know if the $5 extra trade credit towards PS5 software is still live? I know yesterday was supposedly the last day but worth to ask.

I tried calling all the stores near me but they changed their answering machine and when I press 1 to talk to a store associate it doesn't register and it keeps kicking me back to the beginning.

Anyone know if the $5 extra trade credit towards PS5 software is still live? I know yesterday was supposedly the last day but worth to ask.

I tried calling all the stores near me but they changed their answering machine and when I press 1 to talk to a store associate it doesn't register and it keeps kicking me back to the beginning.
It's no longer live on the site. Xbox got the short end of that promotion though. They only show like 7 next gen games thanks to smart delivery.

Well, that's unfounded because online orders can ship from anywhere. You place one order and your games can come from three different stores. It's actually kind of annoying to get multiple packages and hope that they're all the right items.
Honestly, while true, I've had MUCH better luck getting games from stores than their warehouse. I'd say 90% of the games I get from their warehouse are game only, and probably close to 75% are in what I'd consider bad shape, and probably 5-25% do not work (much, much higher for older games). Vs from stores, it's more likely that a case will be included and disc being in good shape. My last 4 games (2x PS2, 2x 360) have been from stores- all 4x complete and in great shape.

So with GS website seemingly able to access store inventory again, decided to make my own "box of crap" by searching for franchises my kids or I like and sorting by price. Most are presumably already at clearance price so cobbled $35 of "amazing value" to make...

DAVEM WANTS THIS BOX #1

pXO7oT9.png

Feel free to share your shitty boxes!  :grouphug:

It's no longer live on the site. Xbox got the short end of that promotion though. They only show like 7 next gen games thanks to smart delivery.
This is a good call out. I had to preorder Sackboy to get the bonus and then cancel to move it over to Yakuza for Xbox because it’s not in the system as a series X game

Quick question. If I want to order a figure exclusive to gamestop but want free shipping. Can I order two to clear the $35 threshold and return the other one locally when they arrive?

Not sure if it's been brought up here, but with the weekend resets, GameStop is going to be cutting down on gutting cases. I haven't seen specific communication since I'm just going off the subreddit, but games will have one case on the shelf, with a tag for preowned and a tag for new. I personally hated when FYE merged their new/used blurays, but GameStop isn't doing this for me 

Welp apparently my order from last month was lost in transit according to fedex. Luckily I was able to get on the phone with gamestop and they are sending a replacement order. 2 replacement orders in one week. That's the most I've ever had with them oddly enough.

You cant view trade in prices on the app anymore???
Comments have been very negative for the app since its update. Surprised you missed the last few pages of them. I think one or 2 posters mentioned points account information isn't on there anymore either or something.

It's funny how the website seems like it's better now and the app is much worse. 

I still wish website would stop showing something as "add to cart" by default when you check but it's not actually in stock. 

Not sure if it's been brought up here, but with the weekend resets, GameStop is going to be cutting down on gutting cases. I haven't seen specific communication since I'm just going off the subreddit, but games will have one case on the shelf, with a tag for preowned and a tag for new. I personally hated when FYE merged their new/used blurays, but GameStop isn't doing this for me
That's not gonna be confusing... :argue:

Quick question. If I want to order a figure exclusive to gamestop but want free shipping. Can I order two to clear the $35 threshold and return the other one locally when they arrive?
Be careful about that. They might deduct the free shipping (4.99) from the items you order. So, a $30 figure that was ordered will be priced as $25 on the packaging slip receipt. At that point I’ d bring up the correct online receipt on your phone to get the correct amount back.

Be careful about that. They might deduct the free shipping (4.99) from the items you order. So, a $30 figure that was ordered will be priced as $25 on the packaging slip receipt. At that point I’ d bring up the correct online receipt on your phone to get the correct amount back.
Doesn't matter, they have to go by the price on the packing slip. If the other items are shipped from the warehouse, he'll lose money returning them in-store, if they're shipped from store, he will be fine because the prices won't get the deduction.

Doesn't matter, they have to go by the price on the packing slip. If the other items are shipped from the warehouse, he'll lose money returning them in-store, if they're shipped from store, he will be fine because the prices won't get the deduction.
I've been able to return items with the "correct" prices attached when I explain to the employee that I got free shipping on the order (and can show the email confirmation if needed) and the packing slip incorrectly "extracted" the $4.99 from the item cost. Each time, the employee understands and makes sure the returned value is what I actually paid.

They would lose 2.50 in this scenario if they kept 1. The $5 handling fee will spread across the 2 items if they came from the warehouse.

You can try a return by saying the slip wasn’t in the package and show your email order but YMMV. I have 6 gamestops in a 20 min radius and 1 has accepted a online return via email order, 3 have told me they need the packing slip, haven’t tried the other 2 yet.

I've been able to return items with the "correct" prices attached when I explain to the employee that I got free shipping on the order (and can show the email confirmation if needed) and the packing slip incorrectly "extracted" the $4.99 from the item cost. Each time, the employee understands and makes sure the returned value is what I actually paid.
This is GameStop we are talking about, of course you'll find an employee that let's you do stuff against policy. I'm just saying they're supposed to go off the packing slip. It's stupid because of the way they handle the free shipping (not sure why they list the shipping cost on warehouse orders for in-stock items but don't list it when it's a pre-order the warehouse ships out) but nobody has accused GS of being smart.

I wonder how they are going to handle this when they only have a new version of a game in stock or vise versa.

I wonder how they are going to handle this when they only have a new version of a game in stock or vise versa.
The same way they handle everything else, poorly.
Same box for new and used is going to be confusing.

If it means no more gamestop "new" I am all for getting sealed copies of new games.

This is GameStop we are talking about, of course you'll find an employee that let's you do stuff against policy. I'm just saying they're supposed to go off the packing slip. It's stupid because of the way they handle the free shipping (not sure why they list the shipping cost on warehouse orders for in-stock items but don't list it when it's a pre-order the warehouse ships out) but nobody has accused GS of being smart.
I've only done like... 3 returns this year and the most recent one, the guy asked for the online order receipt or email receipt. I think they're on to the fact that packing slips don't have the right price all the time. In my instance, it didn't matter because the packing slip matched the website/email receipt but I know in many cases, it does not.

I've only done like... 3 returns this year and the most recent one, the guy asked for the online order receipt or email receipt. I think they're on to the fact that packing slips don't have the right price all the time. In my instance, it didn't matter because the packing slip matched the website/email receipt but I know in many cases, it does not.
Pretty sure they've fixed the shipped-from-store packing slip issue. The last few that I have gotten all have had the correct pricing on them. I've done a few returns at my non-home store and they've always asked to see the email confirmation to check payment method (which makes sense because it was fairly easy to pay with a GC/TC and then get refunded on a credit card).

Has anyone tried to use the $30 coupon for spending $300? My store seemed say I needed to spend $300 in a single transaction in order to use it but it seemed like the wrong application - I didn't really bother to argue but it did seem to work after passing the 300 threshold...  :oldman:

Edit: Thanks to friggotha's link to the fine print, now I know why, it was trying to apply the $30 to a new item which wasn't valid, so the associate thought it was another issue blocking the application. The cert/coin does work on POSA cards however. 

Has anyone tried to use the $30 coupon for spending $300? My store seemed say I needed to spend $300 in a single transaction in order to use it but it seemed like the wrong application - I didn't really bother to argue but it did seem to work after passing the 300 threshold... :oldman:
I've been using them up like crazy. I have multiple $30 coupons. The description is wonkers, but it's a $30 cert, all the same. With the new GS software, it should even flash in the key pad after you scan your PUR card. The description is Spend $300 to save $30 .. don't let that fool you. It's a $30 coupon.

I've used some, they all worked. I still have some, they appear on gamestop.com when I log on. Avoid the App. Try GameStop.com and see what shows up ??

As I understand, the offer holds until November 22. Have fun!

I've been using them up like crazy. I have multiple $30 coupons. The description is wonkers, but it's a $30 cert, all the same. With the new GS software, it should even flash in the key pad after you scan your PUR card. The description is Spend $300 to save $30 .. don't let that fool you. It's a $30 coupon.

I've used some, they all worked. I still have some, they appear on gamestop.com when I log on. Avoid the App. Try GameStop.com and see what shows up ??

As I understand, the offer holds until November 22. Have fun!
Interesting, so you redeemed them on transactions < $300? Have you gotten them to work on online transactions? Mine aren't addable to cart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back