2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting, so you redeemed them on transactions < $300? Have you gotten them to work on online transactions? Mine aren't addable to cart :whistle2:&
I tried online. It failed.

I used them in-store. I used them on items > $30 though, like controllers, or pricey games. I did ask the employee if it would work to cover a 4/$30 deal. The employee said no, without trying. (I'm not convinced, but I'm also not pressing my luck.)

I tried online. It failed.

I used them in-store. I used them on items > $30 though, like controllers, or pricey games. I did ask the employee if it would work to cover a 4/$30 deal. The employee said no, without trying. (I'm not convinced, but I'm also not pressing my luck.)
Why not just try it without asking? We know employees can be wrong.

Why not just try it without asking? We know employees can be wrong.
I already bought an item with a $30 coupon. I don't want employees to start raising eyebrows, I asked they said no. It's for someone else to discover. I don't have unlimited GS's nearby. I have a couple. I keep contacts with employees below the DL radar. I'm OK with this. When they say No, I tend to take it as a warning. Or just No, who knows.

I don't want employees to start raising eyebrows, I asked they said no. It's for someone else to discover.
Single-value certificates/promos like these never split across multiple items. If it applies at all in a 4/$30 transaction it would just zero out a single title.

There's nothing up now, but I also noticed on the trade page this weekend there were G2L promos listed for Crash and Star Wars. I don't know if that's a new thing they're doing.

Does anyone have the details or link to the "Purchase $300 and get $30 coupon" deal that they have going on. Totally went over my head that I should've used multiple accounts when purchasing games for flips as I could get multiple $30 coupons. I only got 2 so far on 2 accounts but at least I know now

Does anyone have the details or link to the "Purchase $300 and get $30 coupon" deal that they have going on. Totally went over my head that I should've used multiple accounts when purchasing games for flips as I could get multiple $30 coupons. I only got 2 so far on 2 accounts but at least I know now
It's a stupidly hidden deal. When it's not on the main page, and you have trouble googling it, this should be a problem.

But here it is:

https://www.gamestop.com/collection/rewards-quest

The rewards quest. The reward is learning about it on CAG. Who the hell else would otherwise ever know?

"Spend $300 on qualifying offers, Get $30 Game Coin "PowerUp members get $30 Game Coin when you spend $300 in qualifying purchases between 9/13/20 – 11/22/20. $300 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible). Game Coins delivered via active offers 7 – 14 days post transaction. Coupon valid until 1/2/2021. Limit one Game Coin coupon per transaction. Shipping may apply. Terms subject to change." etc..

I can't say this would always work, but it "has" worked on new hardware for me. YMMV. Pretty sweet deal, until 11/22/20.

I definitely spent over $300 over multiple orders, but I have not seen my game coin yet.

Does anyone have experience with it working on accumulative multiple orders?
And could I get two if I spent $600?

I definitely spent over $300 over multiple orders, but I have not seen my game coin yet.

Does anyone have experience with it working on accumulative multiple orders?
And could I get two if I spent $600?
It’s all cumulative and you can get multiple. I currently have 3 and haven’t don’t a single order over $300.

I haven't gotten a single game coin and I've pre-ordered multiple qualifying games. I had to call in to get points. Doubt I'll get this $30 one.

LOOOOOOOOOL for those with an excess of credit, there's an RTX 3080 product page on gamestop
You the champ.

Good job GS! Finally selling stuffing I'm interested in. Granted it will be months before it's back in stock, but this is good progress.

Now they just need to sell other reputable BRANDS of PC component that people care about as well (like EVGA, ASUS, Seasonic, etc.), and not this MWE stuff or MWExyz stuff.

It’s such a crapshoot always. I thought I would have no issue today with crash and squadrons g2l but nope. They rang it as a return after not figuring out how to do it. Now I probably won’t get my game coins.
I never got my game coin for Madden, since they processed it as a return like I mentioned, so yeah you're probably SOL.

Incidentally I haven't received my game coin for crash either (granted I didn't pre-order it).

I can top that. I'm still waiting on an order from the 10th. Half my orders from last week have already already come.
My most recent order is scheduled to be delivered on 10/12... 15 days after I placed the order. That's ridiculous, and even USPS media mail isn't that slow.

I know people said UPS sucked, but there's no way they are any worse than Fedex.

GameStop DOTD is really good today. Tokyo Mirage Session FE and Octopath Traveler $35 each.
I will forever wonder why Octopath Traveler is rated as good as it is by critics and users. Either they didn't actually play more than the first few hours or it's one of those things I don't get about people today. The game was very meh.

Has anyone had a price discrepancy between what you paid and what the packing list shows? My packing list shows much less than what I actually paid, and it's on each list under the same order.

Edit: I used cag16 on my order, but the prices are showing it as 32% off original price.

I will forever wonder why Octopath Traveler is rated as good as it is by critics and users. Either they didn't actually play more than the first few hours or it's one of those things I don't get about people today. The game was very meh.
This right here. I was so excited for it and ended up being bored out of my mind for the majority of the game. I kept playing thinking it was going to get better but it never did.

It's a stupidly hidden deal. When it's not on the main page, and you have trouble googling it, this should be a problem.

But here it is:

The rewards quest. The reward is learning about it on CAG. Who the hell else would otherwise ever know?

"Spend $300 on qualifying offers, Get $30 Game Coin "PowerUp members get $30 Game Coin when you spend $300 in qualifying purchases between 9/13/20 – 11/22/20. $300 spend is NET any discount applied to transactions. Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible). Game Coins delivered via active offers 7 – 14 days post transaction. Coupon valid until 1/2/2021. Limit one Game Coin coupon per transaction. Shipping may apply. Terms subject to change." etc..

I can't say this would always work, but it "has" worked on new hardware for me. YMMV. Pretty sweet deal, until 11/22/20.
I think once they killed the B5G1 free promo after 2 days they stopped promoting Reward Quest at all. I guess I'm still not clear what the qualifying offers - is this in-store or online or both? Seems like I should also have more certs, but I guess it does say 7-14 days. Maybe orders need to ship first :evil:

Has anyone had a price discrepancy between what you paid and what the packing list shows? My packing list shows much less than what I actually paid, and it's on each list under the same order.

Edit: I used cag16 on my order, but the prices are showing it as 32% off original price.
It's probably one or two things: First is if you are doing a 4/$30 or similar, it averages the discount across all the items to get to the $30 value. But since you say you have cag16, it is more likely the other value modifier that orders from the warehouse take the "free shipping" cost / # items you order and subtract that from the price per item. So if you order a really cheap item filler $0.99 to hit the 50% off, you might even see a negative value on your invoice. (so you'd have to pay them to take the game back! :D/ )

It's probably one or two things: First is if you are doing a 4/$30 or similar, it averages the discount across all the items to get to the $30 value. But since you say you have cag16, it is more likely the other value modifier that orders from the warehouse take the "free shipping" cost / # items you order and subtract that from the price per item. So if you order a really cheap item filler $0.99 to hit the 50% off, you might even see a negative value on your invoice. (so you'd have to pay them to take the game back! :D/ )
My order is 3 PO games that's over $50 each so no other promo is attached to my order. Did they recently deduct the price of the item to have it cover shipping when they switched to fedex?

The Boost / BP system made for some of the most compelling combat I've seen in a turn-based RPG. That kept me interested in the game long past the point where I would have gotten sick of the tedious random battles of most other similar games. The individual story lines were a mixed bag, but if you played through to the bonus ending you got a nice little payoff. It's the only turn-based RPG I've played through to the final ending in years.

I really liked it myself. Nice soundtrack too.

Was excited to see the B1G1 sale on PS3/360 games but nothing I want is in stock it seems like. I also feel like that's often the indicator that they're planning on clearing it out games for a system soon...

The Boost / BP system made for some of the most compelling combat I've seen in a turn-based RPG. That kept me interested in the game long past the point where I would have gotten sick of the tedious random battles of most other similar games. The individual story lines were a mixed bag, but if you played through to the bonus ending you got a nice little payoff. It's the only turn-based RPG I've played through to the final ending in years.
The combat was great but the way they forced you to keep your first character in the party made it a PITA to keep a balanced team and made for some annoying battles since, I think, the enemy levels were based on your highest character level. Definitely some balancing issues. But I would love to see that system again, I think the issues are minor and very easy to address (i.e., let us rotate all 4 characters).

I never got my game coin for Madden, since they processed it as a return like I mentioned, so yeah you're probably SOL.

Incidentally I haven't received my game coin for crash either (granted I didn't pre-order it).

My most recent order is scheduled to be delivered on 10/12... 15 days after I placed the order. That's ridiculous, and even USPS media mail isn't that slow.

I know people said UPS sucked, but there's no way they are any worse than Fedex.
I've had far more problems with FedEx than I ever did with UPS. FedEx continually delivers packages days later than they were originally scheduled. They take longer to pick some stuff up. Not to mention they never knock on the door.

People complaining about FedEx must either be lucky or have not ordered anything this year prior. Many of the thread regulars myself included waited for stuff to ship and arrive a month on average back in May to July. So having a package take longer to arrive is nothing new this year.

The only new issue I've encountered myself is a package getting lost in transit. As I have not had that happen before with their previous shipping ups. Now USPS or ups surepost yes. Good Lord are surepost and smart post nightmares to deal with. The former especially so. I'm honestly amazed that I got a package from surepost the other day without having to go to the post office and get them to bring it to me there. As otherwise it will sit in the post office indefinitely.

I've had far more problems with FedEx than I ever did with UPS. FedEx continually delivers packages days later than they were originally scheduled. They take longer to pick some stuff up. Not to mention they never knock on the door.
I've had many problems with FedEx as well. The most recent was a package sent from several states over, that got "delivered" the same day it was picked up, obviously not to me. I called FedEx to complain. I got through immediately, which was impressive I suppose. Talked to India to explain the situation, verify my tracking info, destination, and such. The lady just sighed, no joke. I guess there were alot of complaints. She said the package wasn't delivered, but rather the driver just hit the wrong button. She said it's still in route, and she could see stuff I couldn't. I complained about the tracking website over and over again, and after I got flustered, she escalated all my dozen other packages to next day. I got a stack of yellow packages the next morning, even ones that were on the other side of the country the prior day. I guess it pays to complain. [edit - I also got the package that was incorrectly shown as delivered.]

The tracking website is hot garbage. It doesn't reflect actual dates. Public info is skimpy, and apparently much is hidden to customers. You pretty much have to check each package you ordered to see if it's on the truck for delivery that day, and even that won't yield 100% accuracy. Mystery packages apparently stuck in other states just suddenly arrive out of the blue, without warning.

I still have "pending" orders I already received, apparently still waiting for carrier pickup. Stuck at Label Created. LOL, what a mess they have.

I think UPS has a much better policy on keeping their customers updated on accurate delivery dates. "Innovation", no, however. In general though, UPS seems faster IMO. FedEx seems to only pick up from stores once or twice per week. UPS did pickups daily while on their route. It's the FED-Ex packages that sit at Label Created for days and then some more days that kill delivery time.

People complaining about FedEx must either be lucky or have not ordered anything this year prior. Many of the thread regulars myself included waited for stuff to ship and arrive a month on average back in May to July. So having a package take longer to arrive is nothing new this year.

The only new issue I've encountered myself is a package getting lost in transit. As I have not had that happen before with their previous shipping ups. Now USPS or ups surepost yes. Good Lord are surepost and smart post nightmares to deal with. The former especially so. I'm honestly amazed that I got a package from surepost the other day without having to go to the post office and get them to bring it to me there. As otherwise it will sit in the post office indefinitely.
UPS isn't perfect, their mail innovations/surepost are slow and will sometimes just show up before updating. FedEx is downright terrible. This isn't a GS specific complaint either. But by far, UPS is better than FedEx when it comes to Ground or better shipping. And yes, I've made plenty of orders (I have regularly made 10+ orders every month this year) without issues this year prior to the FedEx changeover.

fed ex is the suck. UPS and USPS take the elevator all the way up to my 10th story apartment and leave a package at my door. Fed Ex just leaves them on the ground floor in my building where all kinds of foot traffic takes place in plain view by the mini mail boxes where anybody can just walk up and swipe it.

Was excited to see the B1G1 sale on PS3/360 games but nothing I want is in stock it seems like. I also feel like that's often the indicator that they're planning on clearing it out games for a system soon...

The combat was great but the way they forced you to keep your first character in the party made it a PITA to keep a balanced team and made for some annoying battles since, I think, the enemy levels were based on your highest character level. Definitely some balancing issues. But I would love to see that system again, I think the issues are minor and very easy to address (i.e., let us rotate all 4 characters).
I will get into octopath more at some point, but so far just from my four or so hours of it, the dialogue and writing turned me off. I’m not sure what it is exactly, but it’s the same problem that ruined ni no kuni 2. Similar to how I find most Pokémon games. The cutscenes and dialogue just seem to be a flood of pointless chatter drawn out way longer than necessary.

Thanks for that.  Interesting.  Mostly business talk about updating GameStop point of sale systems, giving more info and tech to store associates (They all get tablets?) and increasing their access to customer info and preferences.  I like this quote by the GameStop CEO, that this is “to accelerate our digital transformation; drive incremental revenue streams; and over time, further monetize the digital world of gaming.”  Thanks GameStop, that was customers number one ask, more monetization.  Do we need to prepare for “GameStop new” when we buy digital now?...How I interpret this: “we look forward to using our clout and retail presence the best we can so that we get our piece and digital doesn’t kill us completely.  We give up the resistance to digital as long as we get paid and are now jumping into the cesspool pushing digital shopping and buying experiences as the primary focus of gaming.”  

Seriously, this is a carefully crafted corporate PR statement.  He could have said they are exploring new avenues to allow customers to buy and interact with digital goods in a retail setting, instead this is stating they are working with Microsoft to come up with new ways to further monetize gaming,

I’m sure GameStop is going to have some GREAT ideas for how to better squeeze customers with micro transactions and paywalls.  I can just imagine Microsoft and GameStop in a room together spitballing ideas.  Visit GameStop in store to get a digital key for master chief to reach the last boss for 5k reward points?  The possibilities are endless.

Looks like the Gamestop/Microsoft deal to sell All-Access gives Gamestop lifetime revenue for each gamer brought in the the ecosystem. 

Now will they will be pushing All-Access when we go in there?

I really liked it myself. Nice soundtrack too.
Octopath has an incredible soundtrack. The problem is that it puts me to sleep. Not a complaint, because I like sleeping. I just never got far into the game beyond a few stories. What I saw was nice. It's a good game to play in the evening, when you need to get up super early the next morning.

How long until we hear that Microsoft has purchased GameStop?
They should've done it while their stock price was under $4 🤣

It'd be great if they replace all of their computers, they couldn't even handle calculating the discount during the Buy 5 Get 50% off sale. The move makes sense after Microsoft closed their stores, now we can get hassled for Windows products instead of Cricket.

Just when I think I've seen it all from GameStop: I placed an online order with them yesterday, and it still shows "In Progress" on my main account screen. Which is fine, but when I click the "Order Details" screen, it shows two different statuses: "In Progress" again on top, and "Picked Up" below. I obviously, uh... haven't picked it up, because it was never ready for pickup in the first place. 

Now that the store locator is working again, I strongly encourage you all to call the stores directly and have them set your game(s) aside for you, rather than using online orders for in-store pickup. It's only been a week since the store locator started working again, and this is already the second issue I've run into. I had another order this past weekend where the associate insisted that his store never received my order, even after verifying the location info and availability on my order details. That was an easy fix; I fear that this one will be a real pain in the ass. 

GME up 44% today off the MS news! #B1G3

But seriously anything that extends GS’s life is good news to me. MS retail footprint disappeared with COVID so if next week with the store refreshes we see XB next to Nintendo at the front of the store we will know why! :) but from reading the article it seems like a whole lot of nothing.

Most of my orders these days are 1 item I want for the collection that came back in stock and 5 filler to get a discount or free shipping and 99% of the time the item I want takes 5 days from label printed to picked up while the random crap stock comes next day... but overall I am indifferent to FedEx vs UPS.

Thanks for that. Interesting. Mostly business talk about updating GameStop point of sale systems, giving more info and tech to store associates (They all get tablets?) and increasing their access to customer info and preferences. I like this quote by the GameStop CEO, that this is “to accelerate our digital transformation; drive incremental revenue streams; and over time, further monetize the digital world of gaming.” Thanks GameStop, that was customers number one ask. Do we need to prepare for “GameStop new” when we buy digital now?...seriously, what he is really saying here is “we look forward to using our clout and retail presence the best we can so that we get our piece and digital doesn’t kill us completely. We give up the resistance to digital as long as we get paid and are now jumping into the cesspool pushing digital shopping and buying experiences as the primary focus of gaming.”

I’m sure GameStop is going to have some GREAT ideas for how to better squeeze customers with micro transactions and paywalls. A colab with Microsoft where you have to visit GameStop in store to get a digital key for master chief to enter a locked off area of the game? The possibilities are endless.
I've mentioned a few times before that I heard that GS was getting a piece of things like digital cards now. Maybe game companies decided to share some revenue rather than let them go under considering how much hardware they still move for them.

GME up 44% today off the MS news! #B1G3

But seriously anything that extends GS’s life is good news to me. MS retail footprint disappeared with COVID so if next week with the store refreshes we see XB next to Nintendo at the front of the store we will know why! :) but from reading the article it seems like a whole lot of nothing.

Most of my orders these days are 1 item I want for the collection that came back in stock and 5 filler to get a discount or free shipping and 99% of the time the item I want takes 5 days from label printed to picked up while the random crap stock comes next day... but overall I am indifferent to FedEx vs UPS.
I wonder if this is MS trying to put their products into GS stores... it would be a good idea: MS gets more exposure, GS gets something to sell.

I also regret not buying some GS stock (like $100 worth) when it was in the $4 range late 2019 and pre-COVID 2020. Instead I bought stock in a retail mall REIT.... *sigh* COVID, you've been a bitch.

I've mentioned a few times before that I heard that GS was getting a piece of things like digital cards now. Maybe game companies decided to share some revenue rather than let them go under considering how much hardware they still move for them.
Yeah, I do remember reading that. Think this proves you right. It’s the bolded that I don’t like though: find ways to over time, further monetize the digital world of gaming. Of course the colab to do this is with Microsoft. GameStop and Microsoft putting their heads and strengths together to find new and exciting ways to further monetize gaming, who knows what they could come up with together.

But here it is:

Do you happen to know if tax counts towards it or is it pre-tax? Thanks!

I think once they killed the B5G1 free promo after 2 days they stopped promoting Reward Quest at all. I guess I'm still not clear what the qualifying offers - is this in-store or online or both? Seems like I should also have more certs, but I guess it does say 7-14 days. Maybe orders need to ship first :evil:
Not sure if you're asking if qualifying purchases need to be made exclusively in-store, but here's my pruchase history which triggered a $30 coupon:

Purchase 1: $97 (in store)
Purchase 2: $115 (in store)
Purchase 3: $106 (online)

So looks like it works whether you bought stuff in store or online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back