2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a copy of Job Simulator in stock at a local store last night and placed an order... it was after they closed and I know they won't open until noon, but what the chances someone comes in when they open and snags it before the employee pulls my order?
probably zero. employees don't just show up at opening and let customers in. they usually come in before they open to handle things leftover from the night before and pull onlines orders like yours.

No Fifa game coin for me yet. Bought Friday and traded Saturday but I didn't pay it off in advance. According to their verbiage I should still get it though.

No Fifa game coin for me yet. Bought Friday and traded Saturday but I didn't pay it off in advance. According to their verbiage I should still get it though.
you can't trust the fine print or t&c that you found on their website from 3months ago. it never got updated and doesn't reflect how the promotion actually pays out. Anecdotally, and I believe everyone in this discussion has mostly experienced the same, i never received game coins for games i preordered but didn't prepay and didn't receive game coins for games that I prepaid but the g2l trade ended up becoming a return instead (because of employee incompetence). You can argue with customer service if you think it's worth your time or just buy the next one.

you can't trust the fine print or t&c that you found on their website from 3months ago. it never got updated and doesn't reflect how the promotion actually pays out. Anecdotally, and I believe everyone in this discussion has mostly experienced the same, i never received game coins for games i preordered but didn't prepay and didn't receive game coins for games that I prepaid but the g2l trade ended up becoming a return instead (because of employee incompetence). You can argue with customer service if you think it's worth your time or just buy the next one.
I’ve had the same experience but never had to fight for it...just call, say I didn’t get the game coin, they check and see the purchase, and I get the points...probably do that Wednesday for FIFA since I didn’t prepay (wanted to use some certificates)

Fifa Game Coin is in my active offers.
One account got it, my other hasn't yet. Paid both off prior to last Thursday.

Anyone having troubles getting into their cart?The cart icon shows how many items I have in it but when I click on it, it hangs up for a few seconds and then I get this:

For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.

tf is the point of pro day if you still got people ip banned because of the console pre-order f-up

Is it possible to get the PUR deal on Pro Day if I’ve already renewed? Getting 10k points plus another $5 off coupon and helping my home store would be nice.

Edit: changed typo error.

I’ve had the same experience but never had to fight for it...just call, say I didn’t get the game coin, they check and see the purchase, and I get the points...probably do that Wednesday for FIFA since I didn’t prepay (wanted to use some certificates)
That's the same scenario I'm in too. Had like $40 in certs I wanted to convert to trade credit. I debated trying to do new fifa plus 30% off something but couldn't find anything I wanted. I'll wait a bit and then call if I reach next Friday without it.

I don't mind prepaying but swinging it so I can preorder at one and return at the other is a bit of a pain.

Just got an email that says Pro Day on the 15th. 10,000 point signup bonus so it's essentially free with the $5 welcome coupon.
Thanks for the heads-up. My elite pro expired a couple of days ago, I am running some errands today and was going to renew, but I can wait a few more days. Not sure how long I can wait and still avoid losing my points, anyone? This is the first time I can remember letting it lapse.

Is it possible to get the PUR deal on Pro Day if I’ve already renewed? Getting 10k points plus another $5 off coupon and helping my home store would be nice.

Edit: changed typo error.
I was wondering the same thing. Gonna guess no though, but this is GameStop, so who knows. You see, you could buy the membership for 15k points, get 10k back +$5 coupon, effectively trading points for coupon--- 5000pts:$5 + get "Many" free membership years.

The wording says "when you signup or renew". Could go either way. If it works, I'm in.

edit: An afterthought is they could disable to 15k cert redemption for membership, in-store as well.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm staying up until I can order the $25 Pokemon boxes and I might pick up a couple Switch Docks when the sale begins.
Would anyone mind going into more detail about the “Pokémon boxes” is it something tcg related? I didn’t see anything in the email about this or anything. Would really appreciate the info

A number of preowned Switch games are $31.91/each with CAG16. Make sure to bundle 3 games, to make the most use of the coupon AND get a free $10 gamestop gift card (for every $75 spent). Also possibly YMMV, but topcashback has an additional one time $2.50 extra cashback redeemable on their front page, plus the 5% cashback through their portal.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Qualifying purchase must be made 10/13/2020 - 10/14/2020

$75 qualifying amount must be in one purchase.

Must be a PowerUp Rewards member to qualify. Limit 1 per customer. Coupons will be delivered via email within 3 days. GameStop reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time for any reason without notice. Redeemable 10/18/2020 – 10/24/2020

DNSUyT5.png

What does this mean, if I used gift cards? Am I banned from buying online now lol?

Ooops! We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address.

Just ordered NSMBU Deluxe, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Mario Tennis for $103. So hopefully this $10 for ordering $75 works out and there's something worth spending it on next week.

Just ordered NSMBU Deluxe, Yoshi's Crafted World, and Mario Tennis for $103. So hopefully this $10 for ordering $75 works out and there's something worth spending it on next week.
I almost placed the same exact order. I didn’t get to read the fine print on the gift card offer if you order online for store pickup do you still get the $10 gift card?

(for every $75 spent)

Limit 1 per customer.
So what's the point of "Every $75 spent" when it's "Limit 1" :bomb:

What does this mean, if I used gift cards? Am I banned from buying online now lol?

Ooops! We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or check your payment details including your billing address.
That happened to me one night a few weeks ago when I was trying to see if I could get a last minute promo order in, it fixed itself by next morning. Probably some authentication server resetting late at night.

I almost placed the same exact order. I didn’t get to read the fine print on the gift card offer if you order online for store pickup do you still get the $10 gift card?
They don't define what qualifies, but the risk is sales using a "discount code" might no qualify (like for some rebates) :shock:

Gift cards haven't been working on the website since the beginning of september. Or at least for me they wern't. I had to go in store to use it.

constantly refreshing the page for availability during console preorders must've triggered multiple ip addresses for suspicious activity. Ever since then I can't access GS.com on my internet. Mobile network has no issue.
OMFG, srly!?!? I was wondering why I wasn't able to hit the site for a few days now. And I only visit once every day or so and sure as hell didn't spam F5 during the console preorders. Didn't even hit the site during those times as I have no interest in buying any of the new consoles atm.

At least I can use the mobile app since it works so well...

So what's the point of "Every $75 spent" when it's "Limit 1" :bomb:

That happened to me one night a few weeks ago when I was trying to see if I could get a last minute promo order in, it fixed itself by next morning. Probably some authentication server resetting late at night.

They don't define what qualifies, but the risk is sales using a "discount code" might no qualify (like for some rebates) :shock:
Kind of retarded, but that's what the banner says. I was confused too, so I only put in one order >$75.

I ordered at like 12:15am though, so I'm sure GS will screw it up somehow and I won't get the gift card... even though it technically says 10/13 - 10/14.

Gift cards haven't been working on the website since the beginning of september. Or at least for me they wern't. I had to go in store to use it.
I always hear about people having issues using trade credit/gift cards, but I have never once had issues using trade credit/gift cards online. I put in an order within the last month for quite a few games, during the "buy 6 or more games, get 50% off" sale.

Ordered 10 docks with the hopes one is a special edition! :shock: just kidding, only got 2.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm staying up until I can order the $25 Pokemon boxes and I might pick up a couple Switch Docks when the sale begins.
So how'd you know the docks would be on sale yesterday? Was it in the email ? heh

The dock comes with the power cord right? 

I've read so many horror stories about third party NS docks and power cords that I've been trying to find a first party on on the cheap. Great deal if this is for the official dock and power cord. 

I've read so many horror stories about third party NS docks and power cords that I've been trying to find a first party on on the cheap. Great deal if this is for the official dock and power cord.
it lists Includes a Nintendo Switch™ Dock, Nintendo Switch™ AC Adapter, and High Speed HDMI™ an HDMI Cable.

While the list includes those things that doesn't mean it will actually come with all of them given this is GameStop and I assume that plenty of people probably trade off brand ones in.

Better hurry up if you want a dock for pickup, delivery only lasted like 5 minutes, and it's FP on Slickdeals!  :shame:

I haven't heard anything about off brand ones. I have 3 charging cords I got off Amazon that I believe are off brand. They work just fine. I wanted an extra one for the living room and 1 for work.

Ordered 10 docks with the hopes one is a special edition! :shock: just kidding, only got 2.

So how'd you know the docks would be on sale yesterday? Was it in the email ? heh
Yes it was in my email.

I grabbed 3 boxes of Pokemon cards.
Now I'm waiting for the one tonight and tomorrow afternoon, I'm excited for those.

The $20 dock is great for people who have one of those giant cases that let you carry the dock and switch on the go. Great excuse to keep one dock in the case and never have to unplug main one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back