2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think this has been discussed a few times and we don’t know for sure, but is just a regular online pre-order enough for game coin offers?  Like $20 for cyberpunk?  They advertise this online and there is just one pre-order button, it should be enough.

Thank you all.

This happened to me as well with one of my games. They adjusted the payment price to exclude the title, so my guess is once it does become

available, theyll just charge the card you used.
Unfortunately, this was part of B2G2 the other week... two games shipped and the two harder-to-find titles are stuck in this status, so right now it's a B2G0 free.

Thank you all.

Unfortunately, this was part of B2G2 the other week... two games shipped and the two harder-to-find titles are stuck in this status, so right now it's a B2G0 free.
I'm in a similar situation... I did a B1G1F on the retro games and they charged me for paid game and only sent me 1 so far... and it shows $0 on the receipt. Other one still shows awaiting inventory.

Lame... so trying to get retro games under $15 to work with 50% off 5 was impossible for me to do as 4 for $30 did, but by then one retro game I wanted down to 1 left so I just pulled the trigger with just cag16 with some random mediocre flip filler x5 for free shipping...

The things I do for the gaming shelf! :)

A number of preowned Switch games are $31.91/each with CAG16. Make sure to bundle 3 games, to make the most use of the coupon AND get a free $10 gamestop gift card (for every $75 spent). Also possibly YMMV, but topcashback has an additional one time $2.50 extra cashback redeemable on their front page, plus the 5% cashback through their portal.
If anyone got in on this, the following titles are now trading for $30 base (that's $39 towards Watch Dogs 3):

Yoshi's Crafted World

New Super Maro Bros U Deluxe

Super Mario Party

I'll be trading these back now rather than waiting for a possible +5 Switch bump this weekend... unless anyone thinks these base values could go higher with a bump?

Thank you all.

Oooo ouch thats a tough one. If i was in your situation, I would just return the 2 games, and look at it as if I never placed an order. Unless you are ok waiting for these harder to find titles to restock, if they ever do restock them.

If anyone got in on this, the following titles are now trading for $30 base (that's $39 towards Watch Dogs 3):

Yoshi's Crafted World

Super Mario Party

I'll be trading these back now rather than waiting for a possible +5 Switch bump this weekend... unless anyone thinks these base values could go higher with a bump?
So I just got back and the Gamestop system still has these at $20 base... so hopefully you get a manager who's happy to override it to match their app/website. I have no idea what crazy math GS needs you to do but 11.82 was the magic number that got each of my trades to the full $39.00 exactly (with Watch Dogs already in the transaction).

Does GS just turn off or shut down their in store locator whenever they have a huge sale or something? I feel like it went down at the start of Pro Days, but even in the past, it seems like it stopped working during any type of BxGx sale or a large x% off sales.
GameStop really doesn't catch enough shit for this. There are a lot of general complaints about their website and app, as well as about some specific issues like TIVs being removed from the app, but their store locator is possibly their biggest website issue of all. I've never seen a chain do a worse job of maintaining one.

Anyone have issues using the GameStop.com online reward coupons? Tried buying some stuff this past weekend and kept getting ‘could not apply coupon to cart’. The only limitations that I saw were physical/in stock items but I couldn’t get it to work.

Going to try in store to see if maybe the system gave me an in store only coupon even though it specifically says ‘online’

Anyone have issues using the GameStop.com online reward coupons? Tried buying some stuff this past weekend and kept getting ‘could not apply coupon to cart’. The only limitations that I saw were physical/in stock items but I couldn’t get it to work.

Going to try in store to see if maybe the system gave me an in store only coupon even though it specifically says ‘online’
Have you tried putting a non sale items in your cart to see if it applies?

Have you tried putting a non sale items in your cart to see if it applies?
Yep, tried a mix of full priced new and used games, even tried some other physical stuff like a transformers figure and nothing worked. It’s been forever since I redeemed any rewards points but I thought the in store coupon had a scannable barcode vs the online coupons had a shorter code.

Yep, tried a mix of full priced new and used games, even tried some other physical stuff like a transformers figure and nothing worked. It’s been forever since I redeemed any rewards points but I thought the in store coupon had a scannable barcode vs the online coupons had a shorter code.
How much was the certificate for? I'm pretty sure the $10 and $15 codes don't work. More than that might.

Apologies for asking this as I'm sure it's been answered, but searching the thread is near unusable to me...

Can I walk into a GameStop store and buy a $5 Nintendo card using the monthly I membership coupon? Did they ever stop this?

Thank in advance

Apologies for asking this as I'm sure it's been answered, but searching the thread is near unusable to me...

Can I walk into a GameStop store and buy a $5 Nintendo card using the monthly I membership coupon? Did they ever stop this?

Thank in advance
No. Because they don’t have $5 nintendo cards. You can buy a $10 card for 5 bucks out of pocket + the monthly coupon.

Thank in advance
Yes, it'll be a code on the receipt.

Has anyone tried the self-service return option? It's hit or miss for me when it comes to whether I can even return something (a lot of my orders say they haven't even shipped yet, even though they were delivered weeks ago, yet orders that were delivered a few days ago are reflecting properly). If it was working correctly, it is definitely easier than waiting on the phone.

Does anyone have any links or screen grabs of the $10 gift card for $75 for purchases on October 13-14? Not looking forward to another 45 minute chat to get it adjusted, but nothings showing up in my account. Thanks!

Thank in advance
Yes you can get the $5 eShop at the register. It will be on the receipt. They have no physical $5 card they took it off the market but you can use your $5 monthly on a receipt code

DNSUyT5.png

GameStop really doesn't catch enough shit for this. There are a lot of general complaints about their website and app, as well as about some specific issues like TIVs being removed from the app, but their store locator is possibly their biggest website issue of all. I've never seen a chain do a worse job of maintaining one.
It's that it doesn't make any sense at all : not for them, and not for the customer. "Let's see if they have game x...ouch; nope, not at any store by me. I guess I'll buy it somewhere else then."

It's the opposite of in-store impulse-buy tactics. It's "please don't shop here" tactics.

I can understand if they don't want the online deals to apply to in-store pick-up purchases. Fine; turn that off if you want. But why hide your in-store inventory entirely?

No other company that I know of does this, nor would do this. "Let's see where I can buy this car that I want. Oh, dang, Big Fred Honda's inventory checker says they don't have any cars. Guess I won't go there."

And anyone who insists that this is a glitch or an accident is just wrong. This is clearly intentional. They've done it multiple times now for long stretches.

This is clearly intentional. They've done it multiple times now for long stretches.
I've thought so too, though I hate the practice. The reasoning might have something to do with preventing a store getting completely cleaned out with online orders. Also it might be a safeguard to prevent excessive order cancellations / reassignments in the event that inventory counts aren't perfect.

I've thought so too, though I hate the practice. The reasoning might have something to do with preventing a store getting completely cleaned out with online orders. Also it might be a safeguard to prevent excessive order cancellations / reassignments in the event that inventory counts aren't perfect.
Well, I mean, they've basically been doing 50% off for like 4 months, AND adding more and more stores to the ship-from-store pool (until whatever just happened). That sure sounds like they want to be "cleaned out." :)

Of course, they just overturned that, seeming to only be listing things available from the warehouse for shipping since the other day. I wonder if maybe they had some kind of dispute with Fedex so they shut it all down in the interim.

Gamestop has a long history of making it difficult to buy thier products, and it is done intentionally, because they want you to go to a store and buy a bunch of toys and other useless trinkets, because that's where the higher profit margins are, and they think that all of their customers are mouth breathing morons and treat us as such

Yep, I used it towards a $50 card.... just can't use the $30 coin towards new hardware from what I can tell.

Yep, just need to wait for the 4 copies / 30 to roll off by the 29th! When do end of month trade bumps usually occur - Thurs/Fri? Hopefully not this week! heh

I finally got another $30 for $300 coupon (16 days after the last qualifying transaction... still owed like 4 more $30 coins...).

Also still haven't gotten any PURs points for 10-14 transactions or later.... and... Literally the moment I hit enter on this post, all points including yesterday got added. Still missing a bunch of certs/coins

Yoshi's Crafted World
Super Mario Party

So I just got back and the Gamestop system still has these at $20 base... so hopefully you get a manager who's happy to override it to match their app/website. I have no idea what crazy math GS needs you to do but 11.82 was the magic number that got each of my trades to the full $39.00 exactly (with Watch Dogs already in the transaction).

Trade values are all over the place. Saved trades are showing old values. App values are different from the website and inconsistent depending how you search. As far as the stealth bump, it should start on the last Friday of the month which is next week. It’ll be a busy weekend unloading all these 50% off games.

How much was the certificate for? I'm pretty sure the $10 and $15 codes don't work. More than that might.
It was a $10 web coupon. Reached out to CS and they recommended using a desktop vs mobile and try clearing cookies and stuff like that. The good thing is that they refunded the points back onto my account, but that may be nominal if I can’t use a GD code anyway.

Appreciate the suggestions/commiseration!

It's that it doesn't make any sense at all : not for them, and not for the customer. "Let's see if they have game x...ouch; nope, not at any store by me. I guess I'll buy it somewhere else then."

It's the opposite of in-store impulse-buy tactics. It's "please don't shop here" tactics.

I can understand if they don't want the online deals to apply to in-store pick-up purchases. Fine; turn that off if you want. But why hide your in-store inventory entirely?

No other company that I know of does this, nor would do this. "Let's see where I can buy this car that I want. Oh, dang, Big Fred Honda's inventory checker says they don't have any cars. Guess I won't go there."

And anyone who insists that this is a glitch or an accident is just wrong. This is clearly intentional. They've done it multiple times now for long stretches.
Target does. I looked up smt4 a and a few others during the 4$ sale way back and none of them were showing up in stock besides one of the legend of Zelda games. Went in to buy that and lo and behold all but persona q, smt4 and record breaker were there in stock.

I called about the missing $10 for spending $75.

They asked for the order number, and told me the order will be arriving today, would there be anything else?

Yes, the missing $10.

They said they'd have it posted in 24-48 hours, I guess I should have just asked for points.

Got the $30 coupon for spending $300 in my active offers today. Still haven't gotten the $10 for spending $75 though. Guess I will call about it.
Anyone know what exactly the $30 for $300 codes work on? I got a few of them, but cant seem to get them to work
Coupon not applied. Tried new games, used games, and a mix of both. Just simply will not apply.

Ordered a NN3DS XL Galaxy for pickup last week, drove an hour for it and they told me that the system is not allowing them to mark it as "shipped" so they cannot give it to me. fucking wasted 2 hours on that shit and this was last Saturday, they told me they would call me when the system was working again but have not received anything. Anyone run into this issue? Stupid ass employees wouldn't even try cancelling the order and honoring the price, so I have $100 stuck in limbo while I just want my damn 3DS. GS Employees are the stupidest I swear /rant

Ordered a NN3DS XL Galaxy for pickup last week, drove an hour for it and they told me that the system is not allowing them to mark it as "shipped" so they cannot give it to me. fucking wasted 2 hours on that shit and this was last Saturday, they told me they would call me when the system was working again but have not received anything. Anyone run into this issue? Stupid ass employees wouldn't even try cancelling the order and honoring the price, so I have $100 stuck in limbo while I just want my damn 3DS. GS Employees are the stupidest I swear /rant
Did you get an email saying it was ready to be picked up?

If you didn't get a 'ready for pickup' email, I am not sure why you're calling the employee stupid.

Same thing happened to me bought some games and ordered for store pick up. I get the email my order is ready for pick up on Saturday and I went to the store on Sunday and the employee tells me their system is down or something like that and he cannot give me my stuff. I go back today and the manager tells me he cannot give me my games because their system.is down still. Even though I keep receiving emails my order is ready for pick up. Manager tells me to contact customer service to cancel my order because he can't do it. And they will issue me a refund. I call gamestop service first representative understands my situation after about 10 min of him looking at my order and me explaining to him 2hat the manager told me , the rep says Sir, it tell me right here your order is ready for pick up, you should go pick it up and show the manager your order #." I was mad but didn't go off on rep. Called a second time a lady representative answers and was very helpful and understood. And was able to cancel my order and issue a refund.

are they still doing the trade in rate towards new consoles I tried to find it online and it doesn't look active.
They are I think its the same chart that's in the weekly ad from two ads ago if you trade in towards an Animal Crossing Switch.

[attachment=34776:values.jpg]

Gamestop has a long history of making it difficult to buy thier products, and it is done intentionally, because they want you to go to a store and buy a bunch of toys and other useless trinkets, because that's where the higher profit margins are, and they think that all of their customers are mouth breathing morons and treat us as such
By why would you go into the store if you think the game isn't going to be there? I understand the concept of impulse upselling, but that's after the customer is lured to the store with the knowledge that their primary item is available there. That's the gas station model. But that doesn't work for gamestop when their inventory checkers are turned off or stunted to the -1 mode. At that point the customer is encouraged to shop somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back