2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what exactly the $30 for $300 codes work on? I got a few of them, but cant seem to get them to work
Coupon not applied. Tried new games, used games, and a mix of both. Just simply will not apply.
Fine print says - "Not valid on POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware Purchases (pre-owned HW is eligible)." Can confirm it DOES work in-store and on XBOX cards at least... but doesn't work on new hardware. Haven't been able to get the code to work online.

These coupons are definately seeming to take the full 14 days from last transaction exceeding $300(x) to show up in your active offers. I've got 4x$30 in my offers with a few more pending, but no $10 for $75 or $10 for $60 from the recent sales. I'll wait 14 days from the promo before complaining too hard.... :bomb:

Ordered a NN3DS XL Galaxy for pickup last week, drove an hour for it and they told me that the system is not allowing them to mark it as "shipped" so they cannot give it to me. fucking wasted 2 hours on that shit and this was last Saturday, they told me they would call me when the system was working again but have not received anything. Anyone run into this issue? Stupid ass employees wouldn't even try cancelling the order and honoring the price, so I have $100 stuck in limbo while I just want my damn 3DS. GS Employees are the stupidest I swear /rant
Like I mentioned here last Friday, their systems across multiple stores went down ~7pm EST on Thursday and only came back up ~3pm EST on Friday. (around same time in-store stock checker seemed to break....) So the exact explanation they gave you was correct. You paid for the item and it was ready to pickup in their cabinet, but they couldn't verify with the system that you picked it up so couldn't complete the transaction. Technically your funds were on hold until pickup, so if you don't ever come pick it up, your funds returns to you automatically after a week.

Not saying it wasn't frustrating (I had to return later to pickup) but life goes on :whee:

These coupons are definately seeming to take the full 14 days from last transaction exceeding $300(x) to show up in your active offers. I've got 4x$30 in my offers with a few more pending, but no $10 for $75 or $10 for $60 from the recent sales. I'll wait 14 days from the promo before complaining too hard.... :bomb:
The $10 coupon for spending $75 online was supposed to be used this week.

I feel like I've seen this in the forum before, but when an order show as "awaiting product availability", what does that mean? It was in stock when I ordered, but did I essentially get put in a hold because they went OOS?

This happened to me as well with one of my games. They adjusted the payment price to exclude the title, so my guess is once it does become available, theyll just charge the card you used.

This actually can have 2 different outcomes depending on the situation. 1 time I had this issue, the game disappeared from the site, just would not come up when searched. This sat awaiting product availability for months, before I called and cancelled that game from my order. Another rare game that I ordered several copies of when it was in stock, all went to awaiting product availability, and shipped out one at a time over a two week period. Another 1 I currently have has been awaiting availability for 2 weeks now.

I'm in a similar situation... I did a B1G1F on the retro games and they charged me for paid game and only sent me 1 so far... and it shows $0 on the receipt. Other one still shows awaiting inventory.
Oh boy, 7 out of 11 games I bought are "Awaiting product availability". Put in the order on 10/19, so it's only been a day.

Luckily it was using the "Buy 5 Get 50% Off" promo... but I used trade credit so this could get messy.

XB1X DotD for $270... wonder when PS4/XB1 non-pro will hit the $99 level... anyone remember from PS3/360 days?

The $10 coupon for spending $75 online was supposed to be used this week.
I've never had an issue getting points for missing coupons eventually, anyone get their $10 for 75 yet?

Oh boy, 7 out of 11 games I bought are "Awaiting product availability".
Even better is an common pre-owned switch game "Awaiting product availability" that shows in-stock ready to ship right now and I've seen at local stores! I don't understand.

Luckily when something gets stuck in APA, the hold drops off the trade credit balance.

XB1X DotD for $270... wonder when PS4/XB1 non-pro will hit the $99 level... anyone remember from PS3/360 days?

I've never had an issue getting points for missing coupons eventually, anyone get their $10 for 75 yet?

Even better is an common pre-owned switch game "Awaiting product availability" that shows in-stock ready to ship right now and I've seen at local stores! I don't understand.

Luckily when something gets stuck in APA, the hold drops off the trade credit balance.
outside of I think a few local retailers (like H-E-B plus) doing $99 Black Friday sales for 4GB 360 and 12GB PS3, no they never hit $99. Official last MSRP drop was $199.

There is a very good chance Xbox one and PS4 are already at the lowest MSRP ($299) that they ever will be. Used market tho should see prices tumbled as we progress into next gen as people forget about current gen.

Question Anybody who has redeemed their PUR points for a reward zone certificate Recently what is the expiration date on it? I don’t want to get a certificate And have it expire at the end of the month that would suck. Thanks

Question Anybody who has redeemed their PUR points for a reward zone certificate Recently what is the expiration date on it? I don’t want to get a certificate And have it expire at the end of the month that would suck. Thanks
I have an expiration date of 1/31/2021 on a certificate I redeemed points for.

Has anybody received their $10 credit fore spending $60 in store for pro day yet?
I have nothing on my account or email
The fine print says 7-10 days so maybe not for a few more days.

PowerUp Rewards Pro Members are eligible to receive a $10 coupon when you spend $60 or more in a single transaction 10/15/2020 – 10/18/2020. POSA, Gift Cards and New Hardware purchases do not contribute to the $60 spend. Coupon will be delivered to active offers within 7 to 10 business days after qualifying. Coupon redemption is valid between 11/1 – 11/7/20. Limit 1 coupon per customer. See store associate for details. No dealers. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Went to use my $30 for spending $300 coupon and $10 FIFA game coin on some Xbox currency, employee said the $10 wouldn't work (not sure why). He ended up manually adjusting the price, so I still have the game coin.

As to the MWT, they're no new entries to the database,  The suggested entries proposed are only pooling best suggestions to former MWT's.

On existing code, search codes try to determine the best match.

There is no October MWT, as of yet.

I don't understand how two of my orders say "waiting for product availability" but yet they can still be ordered online. Is GS selling product they don't actually have in stock? Customer service said they would call me back with an answer. I doubt they will, lol. Maybe that YouTube guy, C.....331 will make a video on this. 

I suspect the lists are old/incomplete/won't be used. I don't see any 2020 releases among the titles.
MWT1120 (as in Nov 2020, so maybe Halloween weekend?) shows some 2020 titles, but nothing too recent... Paper Mario, Tsushima and TLOU II being the newest I think.

outside of I think a few local retailers (like H-E-B plus) doing $99 Black Friday sales for 4GB 360 and 12GB PS3, no they never hit $99. Official last MSRP drop was $199. There is a very good chance Xbox one and PS4 are already at the lowest MSRP ($299) that they ever will be. Used market tho should see prices tumbled as we progress into next gen as people forget about current gen.
Yep, I think I may pickup a PS4 (hopefully Pro!) used from the next Amazon warehouse sale if they drop to ~$100 range. GS refurbished scares me, though my Wii U is still kicking (touchpad is borked). Will pass on PS5 until its library is more mature... and I have a higher resolution TV :rofl:

I don't understand how two of my orders say "waiting for product availability" but yet they can still be ordered online.
Same, common titles that are till in-stock - my guess is the system for ship-from-store that was closest to the designation address was down / broken and they're just waiting for them to come back online or confirm stock.

MWT1120 (as in Nov 2020, so maybe Halloween weekend?)
The majority of my stock are low value relying on a +5, though a MWT would still be nice for the first party :switch: flips :whee:

Get over it. FedEx sucks. FedEx only picks up from stores 1 or 2 times PER week. Delivery is going to SUCK! Get used to "Label created" for a good while, if you buy from GameStop, much. "Label Created" is where your packages will spend half+ the delivery time, because there is no driver to pick up "your" package (and no driver wants to get involved - they don't care.)

UPS was a better service, but that's a different topic.

PS - the FedEx delivery days are wrong, you'll get them yesterday, today, or tomorrow, or weeks down the road. I don't work for FedEx, just sayin'. FedEx blows.
You didn't quote the right person there bud.

I assure you, I did.
What are you even talking about. I didn't say anything about Fedex, or "label created" in my post you quoted. I did however mention that my order has 7/11 items "awaiting product availability". So yeah, NOT THE SAME THING.

Am I an idiot for taking part in their buy 5, get 50% off used sale? I know they've been doing it off and on for awhile. Found 5 games and not really worried about them being a better price on BF, but if they're "new" (Gamestop new) on BF that's less likely to be a trash disc or caseless, right? Is this considered a good deal or nothing to get excited by?

Am I an idiot for taking part in their buy 5, get 50% off used sale? I know they've been doing it off and on for awhile. Found 5 games and not really worried about them being a better price on BF, but if they're "new" (Gamestop new) on BF that's less likely to be a trash disc or caseless, right? Is this considered a good deal or nothing to get excited by?
GameStop deals can be good. It's mostly luck though.

MWT1120 (as in Nov 2020, so maybe Halloween weekend?) shows some 2020 titles, but nothing too recent... Paper Mario, Tsushima and TLOU II being the newest I think.
There’s not much use speculating on the list. It stays 90% the same month to month. What matters is the change in values which we won’t know until the bump is in effect.

But this happens all the time. Have you ever heard of Amazon.com?
That doesn't mesh given that amazon has a price guarantee so whatever you order it at is how much it will cost unless it goes lower then they will adjust it.

What you are talking about must be extremely ymmv or at least I have never encountered or heard of it happening before.

You ever hear of the Amazon preorder guarantee?
Exactly.

You didn't quote the right person there bud.
They've been complaining about fedex every chance they get lately for whatever reason. And they are a regular so they certainly can't argue that ups is any better than fedex when both have been equally bad this year thus far. The only thing ups does better is more frequent pick ups from the stores. But that didn't mean much months back when many were closed or are still closed.

Looking at their other posts they may end up getting suspended or banned soon if they keep escalating in behavior.

The only thing ups does better is more frequent pick ups from the stores
Half the battle is getting the package in the mail first and foremost, my good sir / madam. Having it sit for days waiting to be picked up, is days wasted, turning a 3 day delivery into a potential 7+ day FedEx nightmare.

Yes, it is. There is a $5 eshop code that prints on receipt.
He asked if you can walk into the store and buy a $5 eshop card. You cannot. You may be able to buy a code at the POS for $5. You may be able to order a $5 digital code on the website. But you cannot walk into a gamestop and walk out with a $5 eshop card.

I am waiting for you to show me a picture of the $5 eshop card you bought in the store. Whenever you’re ready.

eShop cards - some values are only available digitally (like the $5, $45, $70, $99). I'm sure if you could authenticate a legit physical $5 eshop Toad card, you could totally flip it on eBay for $500:whee:

C95kR6MUMAAvl7A.jpg

eShop cards - some values are only available digitally (like the $5, $45, $70, $99). I'm sure if you could authenticate a legit physical $5 eshop Toad card, you could totally flip it on eBay for $500! :whee:

C95kR6MUMAAvl7A.jpg
I've never understood why there's a $45 denomination and a $50 one

I’m sure this has been asked before, but I can’t seem to find an exact answer-
On the 30% trade towards preorder bonus, can you trade in excess of the items value?
For example I’d like to preorder dark souls for ps5 & trade in my PS4 pro which with the bonus would be roughly equivalent to selling it on fb marketplace, which I really don’t want to deal with.
I’ve seen some posts that say you only get the bonus up to the value of the game, which I don’t recall being true.

On the 30% trade towards preorder bonus, can you trade in excess of the items value?
For example I’d like to preorder dark souls for ps5 & trade in my PS4 pro which with the bonus would be roughly equivalent to selling it on fb marketplace, which I really don’t want to deal with.
I’ve seen some posts that say you only get the bonus up to the value of the game, which I don’t recall being true.
Yes, you can trade in for more than the game's value, but this won't apply to you because consoles don't get the preorder bonus, only games.

30% bonus is only on game trades. Weekly ad fine print: "Offer valid on game trades only."

For October 13-14's promo "spend $75, get $10 gift card" was there any wording "while supplies last"? On the screenshot helpfully shared a page or two back, I didn't see anything like that, but was just told that through help chat. This is the second time I've tried to get an adjustment.

First missing Game Coin, now this, I was planning on trying to get a couple $30 coupons for spending $300x2 on next gen games/accessories but if wrestling with CS is going to be like this? Geez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back