2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for pointing that out, I've been eyeing this for a while. Did local pick up but will prob end up getting a gut since nobody has more than 1 copy left.
Same, only 1 copy left around me. Got the ready for pick up email, so I'll see later what condition it's in.

-Update- Picked it up. LE box open, game case open and stickered multiple times. At least the LE box is undamaged and all extras are included.

I make a good living and I’m still here. Just because you make good money doesn’t mean you don’t like saving. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

I know a lot of CAGs that make a very good living btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro thousands a day, your free time would literally be worth more than any deal you can score here. That post cost him $2-3 to type up.

I make a good living and I’m still here. Just because you make good money doesn’t mean you don’t like saving. The two things aren’t mutually exclusive.

Share some tips with us on how to bring in some additional cash please. Flipping helps me keep gaming cheap/free, but I'd love to know how other cags are bringing in $50+k per month

Share some tips with us on how to bring in some additional cash please. Flipping helps me keep gaming cheap/free, but I'd love to know how other cags are bringing in $50+k per month
Some cags have been in their industries for a while and have reached a point where they make very good salaries at this point in their life.

Haha.... been on cag for nearly 2 decade... no matter what, we all like to save money.

Even head cheapass himself, swimming in tens of millions ala Scrooge McDuck, still look for deals ...

Nothing wrong with GameStop flipping, just know your time is probably better spend elsewhere with more lucrative returns.

Haha.... been on cag for nearly 2 decade... no matter what, we all like to save money.

Even head cheapass himself, swimming in tens of millions ala Scrooge McDuck, still look for deals ...

Nothing wrong with GameStop flipping, just know your time is probably better spend elsewhere with more lucrative returns.
Exactly. I know people that GameStop flip because they legit enjoy it. It’s kinda crazy to me but to each their own.

It's not how much you make. It's how much you save and invest ultimately. If you are talking resale then it comes down to volume generally speaking. Compound interest over time is where you build your wealth.

If GS does go under...I think I might be more upset about loosing the entertainment value of this thread more than any flips...

I can't access my cart anymore on the website. Each time I click it, it brings me to a page saying this:

"For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I've tried different browsers, going into a private tab, nothing works. Been like this for days.

Does anyone know if that Persona 5 Royal Steelbook for $29 deal also works in store? And I guess the $30 off coupon won’t work on it as it’s below the threshold? Would love to use that coupon on it and a filler game in store

I didn't missed out on anything. been there done that bud... it still takes effort and time to flip games....and i have since redirect my priority elsewhere and have made more money than you can even imagine...

oh, and i guess you must be special and part of BB secret society discord armageddon flipster group... lol...my best decision ever was to ask the mod to remove me... flipping games for hundreds 2x/month is nothing compare to making thousands daily every day.
And yet, you're wasting your valuable time here, on a forum with a rando that you'll never meet. You gain nothing from this.

I've had that for month.

I can't access my cart anymore on the website. Each time I click it, it brings me to a page saying this:

"For technical reasons, your request could not be handled properly at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I've tried different browsers, going into a private tab, nothing works. Been like this for days.

Does anyone know if that Persona 5 Royal Steelbook for $29 deal also works in store? And I guess the $30 off coupon won’t work on it as it’s below the threshold? Would love to use that coupon on it and a filler game in store
Should be in store as well. The countdown part 2 has an ad like part 1 did.

Jesus, this is written like some copypasta from the fantasy of a 15 year old kid. This guy claims to make thousands every single day yet still hangs around CAG.
I don’t know why you’d say that. I make significantly more than $1000 a day (hint....look at my username). I’ve been a member of this site for over 10 years. I know several physicians on this site.

Just because someone makes a bunch of money doesn’t mean they want to pay more for any given item than is absolutely necessary.

edit...holy shit. Member for 17 years...now I do feel bad, lol

Not judging or trying to preach, but talking about how much you make on flipping GameStop’s own junk back to them, breaking even or better overall...and lamenting their imminent demise in the same sentence is a little bit mixed up.  I’ve traded a few games, maybe 10 at the most though.  I’d probably do more if I was more knowledgeable and comfortable with it, so again, not judging, it’s their own fault.  I’ve let GameStop just give me back extra on returns when they occasionally mess that up.  Makes up for all the missing game coin and time I waste fixing their other non-beneficial mistakes.  But if you are really serious about not wanting them to go out of business, even with flipping profits, maybe try to keep your overall discount average at like 70% or something, instead of 100%?  That’s still a heck of a deal.  Some have already mentioned throwing them a bone and buying stuff they normally wouldn’t to offset their gains, I think that’s good.  So GameStop at least gets closer to breaking even too.  No ones going to make them go out of business single handedly though, flipping losses are just a write off for them, but would be really interesting to know the dollar amount loss from whoever is king flipper!  Think it could be like 10k or more?

I ordered P5R (standard) from Best Buy just a few days ago during an "Early Black Friday" sale window for $19.99... Is there any added stuff in the P5R steelbook edition besides the steelbook itself?

Also seems that I can't use a digital (online) coupon on the Seagate 4TB because it's on sale (it's a competitive price, $99.99). Wondering if I should just pull the trigger and hope for $10 in game coin or whatever the reward is for spending $60+.  :whistle2:k

P.S. GameStop has many flaws, but some of those flaws work in our favor. We know it's a bit skeezy, but we end up there anyway (Just when we thought we were out...they pull us back in).  :rofl:

I didn't missed out on anything. been there done that bud... it still takes effort and time to flip games....and i have since redirect my priority elsewhere and have made more money than you can even imagine...

oh, and i guess you must be special and part of BB secret society discord armageddon flipster group... lol...my best decision ever was to ask the mod to remove me... flipping games for hundreds 2x/month is nothing compare to making thousands daily every day.
Holy crap dude. Get OVER yourself.

That is exactly what I used my $30 game coin on yesterday. It went through just fine and the guy at the register didn't have to do anything extra to make it work.

Exactly I have been in my industry(advertising) for 20 years. I make an excellent living but the whole misnomer of if you make a great living you have no free time is bull. As you progress in your Career you will realize it gets easier not harder. There are some weeks I work 80 hours a week and there are some weeks I work 20. I also have four weeks of vacation and 10 holidays a year. You add that up I only work about 46 weeks a year. And if you had been working for any length of time you would have realized that it’s very easy to get burn out. Doing flips is a nice little escape that I still feel like I’m making money. Yes it’s not as much money as I would make it my job but if I worked 70-80 hours a week at my job every week all the time I would probably quit. Plus it’s nice not feeling like I’m taking from the kids college fund, my retirement fund, vacation funds to buy a game that I’ll probably only play 10 hours.

I'm going to try and use a $30 coin on Age of Calamity! wish me luck! :razz:

The "I make a lot of money but get a rush when Gamestop gives me an extra 5% trade credit" takes are pretty gross guys.
Apple pays me enough in dividends to buy 2 new iphone 12 pros every quarter, but I'm still using an iPhone 5S take. O:)

The "I make a lot of money but get a rush when Gamestop gives me an extra 5% trade credit" takes are pretty gross guys.
What can I say life in your 40s is boring 😂
Seriously though anyone bragging about making money it’s always two things. Either they are lying or they haven’t made it very long. People that have made money for years don’t tell anyone. People that made their first six figure salary tell everyone including the person in line at the grocery store. It’s the old saying act like you’ve been there before.

Apple pays me enough in dividends to buy 2 new iphone 12 pros every quarter, but I'm still using an iPhone 5S take. O:)
I didn't give up my 5S till it died. I really liked that little phone.

What's odd to me is that anyone who makes enough to say that their time value of money is so high that flipping is a waste, yet talk about how they also want to get deals...well once you get high enough in pay then that same argument can apply to any other sort of deals you try and get. Aside from ordering off Amazon when they have a sale or something, almost any extra effort becomes not worth it if you do the calculation.

If you have enough Gamestops around you, as many of us do (or did), then it's likely that you are (or where) making enough from the flips to justify the effort. Especially if you enjoyed it too.

What's odd to me is that anyone who makes enough to say that their time value of money is so high that flipping is a waste, yet talk about how they also want to get deals...well once you get high enough in pay then that same argument can apply to any other sort of deals you try and get. Aside from ordering off Amazon when they have a sale or something, almost any extra effort becomes not worth it if you do the calculation.

If you have enough Gamestops around you, as many of us do (or did), then it's likely that you are (or where) making enough from the flips to justify the effort. Especially if you enjoyed it too.
Exactly. The humble brags read like someone who just discovered Dave Ramsey last month and has been listening every day since then. I can believe making around $100k and still sitting on here looking for deals but "thousands a day" tf is the point? If saving 33% on a new game by exploiting a Target glitch really gets you the high you need that day, that's cool and all but I'm having a hard time believing anyone's life with that much wealth is that sad.

So you have over $1M in Apple stock? 🤔

Anyway, are you planning on picking up a used game for the $30 New/30% off PO? I was wondering if it would still work after the $30 off.

G2L LoZ: Age of Calamity
EBC3065263

Also picked up Yoshi's Crafted World for $23 after 30% off. And if you pre-ordered, be sure to get the guardian keychain. My store had about a dozen but I had to ask for it.

I feel you. I work for a major Fortune 500 company (not that I'm bragging, I'm just putting things into perspective) make over 2,000 on a bad day and am one or two promotions away from a seven figure salary. Yet I still visit love deal hunting and flipping. Black Friday is my favorite time of the year no matter how much money I make and I have fun seeing the latest flips and deals posted in this thread.
Sure, bud. And Bill Gates is my uncle.

Tried to trade 6 games in today and the computer wouldn't let me. Only thing I have traded in was a switch and a some games a few months ago for under $500 trade credit. If I call will they tell me if I'm banned and how long and why? I haven't "flipped" since the big flipagedon, just normal trades.

Same, I think I will switch to the iPhone mini 2 or whatever next. Small hands, no shame!

So you have over $1M in Apple stock?

Anyway, are you planning on picking up a used game for the $30 New/30% off PO? I was wondering if it would still work after the $30 off.
There abouts, had a lot of free cash to invest in 2006 being single and working 50+ hrs/week, then playing WoW 50+ hrs/week while my friends kept yapping about iPods and Wiis. (held onto NTDOY a bit too long but that did better than some bank stocks like... WAMU!)

I WAS able to use a $30 coin on Age of Calamity (ended up getting some credit back on the trade card) but didn't try using the 30% off pre-owned for buying new even though I though about maybe picking up another copy of BotW just because. Did get the little guardian mini keychain. My homestore looked like they had a good 30 or so. These menu sound effects bringing back some memories!

I hope the Black Friday deals post early - my girlfriend who lives in Canada has a Vogue photoshoot on Sunday and then we are attending a real-life Rocket League match. Needless to say: I REFUSE to pay $60 for Aegis Rim!

I hope the Black Friday deals post early - my girlfriend who lives in Canada has a Vogue photoshoot on Sunday and then we are attending a real-life Rocket League match. Needless to say: I REFUSE to pay $60 for Aegis Rim!
I feel your pain, I will be out on my 80 ft yacht and every time i get near the tropics these hurricanes knock out my spaceX internet. fml

I would like to contribute to the ******* by posting this photo of a single check deposit. And I want to point out...

A. People who have a lot of money keep a lot of money by not spending a lot of money. And

B. This place is just as much about discovering new and overlooked games through deals and discussion than it is about getting cheap games.

[attachment=34959:20200309_220228_HDR.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back