2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get in on this "new" sale?  :lol: I got a few B1G1 orders in pre-owned.... stock!

gmD7Olj.png

Placed a b1g1 pre-owned order of :ps4: Watch Dogs Legion and :3ds: Kirby Planet Robobot (for my nephew, he played it before and loves it). At $29.99 ea, came out to $18 a piece after tax and shipping.

Website isnt letting me add anything to my cart anymore.

edit:I am able to add things to my cart through the app tho

Holy crap, b1g1 is pretty great for some of these switch games...in store pick up for me and i've already put in 4 orders:

PS4: RE3, RE2

Switch: LM3/LoZ: LA, Pikachu/Eevee, and Sword/Shield

Gotta build up my stock for any upcoming trade in deals!

Animal Crossing, Pokemon Sword, Shield, Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee all seem safe boomerangs - all currently trading for higher than the B1G1 makes them, and unlikely to have a huge dip right?  Plus can still use towards Cyberpunk for the 20/30% bump I believe.

Put in an order for breath of the wild with links awakening free. No order confirmation through my email but w/e

Trying to get an order for Mario tennis aces and mariobros u delux free but it is not giving the free item

I somehow already know I will get screwed out if both orders. Shaq fu it, it’s GameStop
Edit
Bogo on used switch games is feeling hot as hell. It will let me but Mario 3D-all stars with paper Mario free but the door buster items are not combining with the bogo on used games, except I did get breath of the wild with links awakening free earlier , or did I? The order isn’t showing on my order history

Let's hope they handle it better this year. Last year's B2G2 was a complete mess (didn't ship the free games) if anyone recalls.

Put in an order for breath of the wild with links awakening free. No order confirmation through my email but w/e

Trying to get an order for Mario tennis aces and mariobros u delux free but it is not giving the free item

I somehow already know I will get screwed out if both orders. Shaq fu it, it’s GameStop
Mario Tennis and NSMBU Deluxe were manually coded to not work with the B2G1 because they're on sale at $24.99, so they wouldn't work with this B1G1. Breath of the Wild and Link's Awakening aren't part of the $26.99 doorbusters, so they qualify.

Guess my indecision on what to buy since B2G1 went live paid off.

On a unrelated note since people talk about buying new and ending up with pre-owned a lot, has the reverse happened to anyone?

I forgot what the sale was but I bought Dusk Diver pre-owned online last month or so and ended up with a still shrinkwrapped game, which is particularly good considering the game comes with some extras like an artbook.

has anyone else's store gotten rid of their used games?

like, maybe they put them in the back, but there wasn't any on my store's shelves

even the new games were in weird cases that were not standard PS4 ones.

Wonder how busy the stores will be tomorrow if all the decent deal stock is probably awaiting pickup and all the consoles are gone in the first hour heh. With the B1G1... stock will definitely will be gone once it shows up on Slickdeals.

All my orders are thankfully preparing for shipment/pickup after a slightly longer delay from placing to "order received". :whee:
How big are you going in on this B1G1 sale? Seems like you flip the most out of most CAG's here.

I'm about to get pretty much all the $8.99 PS4 games. Is this a stupid move "yay" or "nay", if my intent is to boomerang them?

Hey guys is the cag16 stacking with b1g1 and the monthly $5 cert? I have pro skater in my cart for $27.99 and streets of rage 4 for $16.79 and outer worlds shows up $0.00, I don’t see the cag16 applied but when I type it in it says cannot be applied with the coupon I have in my cart I’m guessing it’s already applied.

Shows 47.98 after discounts applied so that’s $16 each games

Nvm I just checked all 3 stacked! 43.02 total plus Rakuten cash back! Thanks y’all. I wasn’t interested at all about shopping pre owned from GameStop even with b2g1 until I realized it’s b1g1 lol I’ll take my chances with no artwork or careless games I’ll try to just swap instore if it happens

Ok I got everything to go through. I had to buy yoshi switch new for local pickup as it wasn’t available used

The rest:
Paper Mario switch 55+tax
Mario 3D all stars free

Mario tennis aces came up for $21 with cag16

Zelda breath of the wild $43 plus tax
Links awakening free

Yoshi new was $30 after tax

This plus cyberpunk and all the ps4 games I picked up over the summer will keep me gaming until there is a ps5 pro with loads of gh games

This was a very solid Black Friday , I may pick up a monitor from Best Buy for my pc rig

How big are you going in on this B1G1 sale? Seems like you flip the most out of most CAG's here.

I'm about to get pretty much all the $8.99 PS4 games. Is this a stupid move "yay" or "nay", if my intent is to boomerang them?
Nah. Without a +5, The ROI isn’t great. You’re better off getting switch games to boomerang.

Nah. Without a +5, The ROI isn’t great. You’re better off getting switch games to boomerang.
I wonder if GS will drop the prices of PS4 games from $18.99 used to $14.99 or something like that, now that the PS5 is out. I bought about 16 PS4 games, just for the heck of it. Probably a gamble, but oh well.

What black magic is required to get the b1g1 to work? If I add 3 games to my cart the b2g1 kicks in, but I can't get anything to happen with just 2. 

I think it went live sometime two hours ago. Because i was messing with some b2g1 orders
Thank u for the info. Didn't see this deal from anywhere else. So I spent 1 hour picking up games and calculating the shipping cost, which is both boring and fun.

guess they really wanna clean their inventory for next gen.  was expecting b2g2 at some point by b1g1 is surprising.  placed orders for nioh 2, code vein, re3, and outer worlds for $30.

I’ve been going out previously, but with holiday travel, family thanksgiving gatherings, Black Friday crowds; not worth it to me for the next few weeks.  Careful out there.

Spent way more at GS than I thought I would... I just hope my BxGx stuff actually ships. It was a disaster last year wherein I had one B2G2 order where the 1 of the games was not shipped and another where one of the free games was OOS. Neither issue was ever resolved of course after multiple calls (many of which never reached CS). 

Luigi's Mansion 3

Link's Awakening

Pokemon Lets Go Eevee

Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu

Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle

YuGiOh LotD

All for $92, and all local pick up except for LM3, but I made the other half of that B1G1 (Link's Awakening) the free game, so it would still ship by itself for free.

Can't believe the best deal this year is coming from gamestop. Four 1st party Nintendo games for under $20 each is insane.
Which did you get for under 20? Or you mean before tax? I got some like Mario tennis aces for 20 after cag16 but before tax. Oh I guess the 38 dollar games combine with bogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back